The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

[quote name='jojodis808']Trade in Values as of 16 Sept

Alone in the Dark Wii =$30
[/quote]

Just a heads up, CC is having a "30% off clearance games" sale starting today through Saturday (credit goes to Lord Hamm).

CC price (after 30% off) -> BB TIV:

Alone in the Dark Wii $11.87 -> $30
DW: Gundam 360 $11.87 -> $35
DW: Gundam PS3 $11.87 -> $33

ESA holiday bundle $11.87 -> $26 (@ GS after $15 promo)

Also, if you picked up any clearance games in the past 30 days (DW:G comes to mind), you can get a price adjustment (30% off) at CC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Confirmed TIVs
:360:Cabela's Big Game Hunter $12
:360:Cabela's Trophy Bucks $19
:360:Fatal Inertia $25

Got lucky because they took Fatal Inertia without a cover. And I'm really hoping there is a Wii coupon tomorrow. There's a lot of good Wii flips out there.

Also, can anyone confirm for Nights being $9.99?

[quote name='emg28']Just a heads up, CC is having a "30% off clearance games" sale starting today through Saturday (credit goes to Lord Hamm).

Also, if you picked up any clearance games in the past 30 days (DW:G comes to mind), you can get a price adjustment (30% off) at CC.[/quote]

Thanks!

Will the prices ring up automatically 30% off at the register or do we need a coupon or ad or something?

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I apologize in advance for being negative and rude, but is it that fucking hard to carry a card in your wallet? I've had over $1000 dollars worth of BBV and GS cards in my wallet simultainiously and I never lost a cent. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Hope you don't get banned from BBV and Thanks for wasting 5 minutes of life reading this stupid shit.[/quote]

Mind you, I didn't have some insane amount of credit on the cards that I did have, but with all of the cards in my wallet(between all the bullshit store cards you need for 'discounts' and other shit like the Reward Zone junk) as it is, it was almost to the point of bursting already.

Plus, I really didn't see anything that I wanted to buy from them anytime soon, so why keep a card in my wallet that I wasn't going to use? Sure, it would've cut down on the combining cards and the hassle I just went through, but I figured I would go to take out one of the other cards in my wallet and not realize one of my higher value cards had dropped and be SO fuckin' L.

At least it was only five minutes of time you wasted, just imagine how many HOURS and HOURS you've wasted killing zombies and saving the world in video games that you could've spent doing other more constructive things.

Apologies to IO for sidetracking this thread, but I figured since two cards didn't have balances showing up the normal way they swipe them through, I'd let other CAG's know how they had to enter mine to get them to show up.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Thanks!

Will the prices ring up automatically 30% off at the register or do we need a coupon or ad or something?[/quote]

Based on the last time when it was only 20% off, it'll ring up automatically at the register.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer'](between all the bullshit store cards you need for 'discounts' and other shit like the Reward Zone junk) [/quote]

http://www.justoneclubcard.com/

Surprised more folks don't know about this. Combine all those cards onto one sheet that you print out. I put mine on cardstock and laminated it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

Apologies to IO for sidetracking this thread, but I figured since two cards didn't have balances showing up the normal way they swipe them through, I'd let other CAG's know how they had to enter mine to get them to show up.[/quote]

I'm very glad you posted your info. Thank you! I have 6 value cards with $450 in credit combined. If I run into a problem when using them, I have your experiences to fall back on.

For others, the reason I keep the credit on different cards is because I trade in at different stores. I don't want a jr detective to see I have $450 in credit while their store computer shows I only traded in $60 to that store. They will start to wonder where the other $390 came from. It's much easier this way.

[quote name='GuardianE']I know this is completely irrelevant, but hey Warner, would you be able to find a list of games that will be having framed art released with the game for pre-orders? I think I'm in the minority here, but I actually kinda like the framed art as a bonus.[/quote]

Unfortunately not. They let us know on a case by case basis. They are starting to do more and more pre-order bonuses though (on both movies and games). Since Force Unleashed just released, I'm sure we'll be getting a communication that lets us know what the next game that gets a framed art will be. I'm guessing it's going to be Gears 2 and/or Saints Row 2.

[quote name='emg28']Just a heads up, CC is having a "30% off clearance games" sale starting today through Saturday (credit goes to Lord Hamm).

Also, if you picked up any clearance games in the past 30 days (DW:G comes to mind), you can get a price adjustment (30% off) at CC.[/quote]
Nice, I can only get there on Sat. though so I bet all will be gone...

Probably all been gone for awhile as they were worth flipping before the clearance discount was added. I know I wont bother checking my local CC.

Anyone else really hoping that gift card thing goes through? I'm still trying to get my hands on that TV.

I called a BBV in my area and the guy said they would probably be stocking the GCs sometime in October, but he didn't really seem too sure.

Also, regarding BBV Value Cards, I just get a new one for every set of flips and just try to use them up one card at a time. I have two right now, I think.

Went to CC today and picked up Alone in the Dark (Wii) and it automatically rang up as 11.87+.98 tax=12.85 and i traded it in for $30 =D

[quote name='tianxia']Anyone else really hoping that gift card thing goes through? I'm still trying to get my hands on that TV.

I called a BBV in my area and the guy said they would probably be stocking the GCs sometime in October, but he didn't really seem too sure.

Also, regarding BBV Value Cards, I just get a new one for every set of flips and just try to use them up one card at a time. I have two right now, I think.[/quote]

I think ALL CAGers are hoping it goes through...you'd be crazy not to hope for free EVERYTHING practically...all of the poor HS, college, and post-college grads (especially) would be able to eat at a REAL restaurant...WITH REAL FOOD! *gasp!*

[quote name='animemaniac14']I think ALL CAGers are hoping it goes through...you'd be crazy not to hope for free EVERYTHING practically...all of the poor HS, college, and post-college grads (especially) would be able to eat at a REAL restaurant...WITH REAL FOOD! *gasp!*[/quote]

Although it might lead to dates asking why you always take them to Applebees...or why you always put the tip on a giftcard. :cool:

[quote name='tianxia']Anyone else really hoping that gift card thing goes through? I'm still trying to get my hands on that TV.

Also, regarding BBV Value Cards, I just get a new one for every set of flips and just try to use them up one card at a time. I have two right now, I think.[/quote]

I have 3 kids. I plan on doing my grocery shopping at Applebees.
I'd like 6 grilled cheese and fries(i'll split that into 12 meals), 4 chicken dinners(make it into 8), one whole cheesecake(that will cover the kids Birthday cake), and don't forget the BAR. Make that a tall Miller lite Draft to go!

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Although it might lead to dates asking why you always take them to Applebees...or why you always put the tip on a giftcard. :cool:[/quote]

Since when Applebees is considered a nice restaurant? :lol:

[quote name='vanilla_shakin_it']Hey, can somebody change the thread title to "Iamthecheapestgamer's daily blog"?[/quote]

Thanks for that insightful and use(less)ful post.:roll: I just figured if anyone else had one of the type of card I had problems with, they may wanna get them checked since there could be more cards affected since I had two weird experiences with mine.

Thanks for the heads up on that store card thing, daminion. Now maybe my wallet will weigh less than 5 lbs after doing it that way.

...Compared to the novels I've posted in here Cheapest is barely a mole hill. Seriously. Take it easy on the guy. He went out of his way to contribute and judging from ch24's post the point hit home.

[quote name='DrNo888']Probably all been gone for awhile as they were worth flipping before the clearance discount was added. I know I wont bother checking my local CC.[/quote]

give them a call. I was thinking the same way, but the store i called was able to tell me that the next nearest store had 3 available. I only bought one, because i was dying for a psn card from bb.

Wow CC in Bollingbrook Ill, had 4 copies of DW for Ps3 and the 360. I bought 2 each and also had 2 copies of Alone in the dark for Wii. Bought all of them and even used a 10% extra coupon with that so got 40% off everything. Gonna make a killing off of this at BB

does BBV pricematch at all? I saw a sign that said "PRE-ORDER IRON MAN! WE'LL PRICEMATCH ANY STORE AROUND!"...does that mean they would pricematch...say...An xbox live 12 +1 month gold card (which is on sale for $44.99 at CC)?

[quote name='pitfallharry219']A few days ago when I turned on my 360, it started sounding really loud and after a while, the screen went black and I got two red flashing lights. What's the difference between this problem and the three red lights?[/quote]

I hate to quote myself, but no one has replied. I've read some things that say the two red lights are just a ventilation problem. Other things I've read say that this means RROD is coming soon. I can't get any games started without this happening, no matter how much ventilation I provide it. Should I just try to force a RROD so I can get the whole repair process over with more quickly?

[quote name='akokonas']No I asked the other day they dont price match[/quote]

As far as matching prices on stuff for SALE, they don't as far as I know, but I've been told that BBV will match trade-in prices of competitors. Although, most competitors are WAY lower than BBV/GR when it comes to TIV's in the first place, so I don't see why anyone would want to match say...Gamestop's TIV's @ BBV/GR, unless you like losing money.

Hell, even compared to the newly made GameZone stores in Hollywood Video stores(around here anyway), they're still 2-3x higher on values. DW: Gundam for example, gets a mere $10-14 depending on which version it is, compared to $33-35 @ BBV/GR.

That coupon will be great because I need to get all my credit back to BB before October when all the good ps3 games come out.

Here's one that might have potential, just don't have time to call
Wii - Looney Tunes ACME Arsenal ($12.99 @ GS before discounts)

I'm going to check my CC for Alone in the Dark and the DW Gundam games. Over 2.5X flip is the best I've been able to do since the Marvel/Forza combo a long time ago.

I guess some of the Wii flips might be valid again now that there is a 20% off any used games coupon at GameStop. I'll check some of those out, too.

[quote name='animemaniac14']I think ALL CAGers are hoping it goes through...you'd be crazy not to hope for free EVERYTHING practically...all of the poor HS, college, and post-college grads (especially) would be able to eat at a REAL restaurant...WITH REAL FOOD! *gasp!*[/quote]

Wait, what are you talking about? (Sorry, been so busy this week w/ school I haven't had time to read this thread.)

Page #?

[quote name='bornrunnin31']That coupon will be great because I need to get all my credit back to BB before October when all the good ps3 games come out.

Here's one that might have potential, just don't have time to call
Wii - Looney Tunes ACME Arsenal ($12.99 @ GS before discounts)[/quote]

time to post but no time to call?

Phone Call to Gamerush/BBV @ 7:51 PM

Me: Hi could you tell me the trade in value of ACME Arsenal for the Wii?
BBV guy: $11
Me: k thx

Total time on phone = 0 mins and 47 secs

not to be an ass, but it took me 3 mins to type and post this...try a little harder guys. If you have time to poop, you have time to call :whistle2:D

i am looking into getting the 360, and wanted to know if any of the variants have wireless networking built in, or do i have to drop another 80 bucks on the adapter?

thanks

[quote name='sj41']I'm going to check my CC for Alone in the Dark and the DW Gundam games. Over 2.5X flip is the best I've been able to do since the Marvel/Forza combo a long time ago.

I guess some of the Wii flips might be valid again now that there is a 20% off any used games coupon at GameStop. I'll check some of those out, too.[/quote]

My other local CC still has 3-6 copies of DW: G in stock(only one I saw for 360 left), so I may hit them up again before Saturday and trade them all in en masse to the BBV down there for $33-35 each. :D

I'm trying to rack up enough for a second PS3, hopefully with the smaller chips that runs cooler.

[quote name='animemaniac14']time to post but no time to call?

Phone Call to Gamerush/BBV @ 7:51 PM

Me: Hi could you tell me the trade in value of ACME Arsenal for the Wii?
BBV guy: $11
Me: k thx

Total time on phone = 0 mins and 47 secs

not to be an ass, but it took me 3 mins to type and post this...try a little harder guys. If you have time to poop, you have time to call :whistle2:D[/quote]

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

[quote name='ctrek3']i am looking into getting the 360, and wanted to know if any of the variants have wireless networking built in, or do i have to drop another 80 bucks on the adapter?

thanks[/quote]

Nope. No 360 models have built-in wireless, unfortunately. There are other options, though. You can use the adapter for the original Xbox or use a laptop as a bridge. Anyway, GameStop sells them used for $70, and this week's coupon is 20% off all used games and accessories, so that is an option, as well.

Ok, I'm getting annoyed.
I can't figure out why I can't connect to certain people in Madden. My NAT is set to open, and all my other internet settings are fine.
I also can't seem to connect to people via chat either.
What the hells up?
By the way, I have a WRT110.

Here are a few trade in values, these should be good with the new gamestop coupon.

xbox 360:
incredible hulk $32 (not 100% sure on tiv but its in the $30s, couldn't understand the employee)
iron man $28.50

ps3:
incredible hulk $33
iron man $30

Well if Eye of Judgement is still 30 trade in....its 24.99 at gamestop now so after 30% off 17.49 to 30 (plus most come with the eye camera which you can trade right back into gamestop, I got 12 for it when I traded mine in a little while ago).

i'm new to the whole flipping thing im going to check out my CC and try to flip some. Are there any other good deals i should look for to start building credit?

[quote name='toocool17']Here are a few trade in values, these should be good with the new gamestop coupon.

xbox 360:
incredible hulk $32 (not 100% sure on tiv but its in the $30s, couldn't understand the employee)
iron man $28.50

ps3:
incredible hulk $33
iron man $30[/quote]

not very food flips

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Nope. No 360 models have built-in wireless, unfortunately. There are other options, though. You can use the adapter for the original Xbox or use a laptop as a bridge. Anyway, GameStop sells them used for $70, and this week's coupon is 20% off all used games and accessories, so that is an option, as well.[/quote]

lame

bread's done
Back