The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

[quote name='animemaniac14']time to post but no time to call?

Phone Call to Gamerush/BBV @ 7:51 PM

Me: Hi could you tell me the trade in value of ACME Arsenal for the Wii?
BBV guy: $11
Me: k thx

Total time on phone = 0 mins and 47 secs

not to be an ass, but it took me 3 mins to type and post this...try a little harder guys. If you have time to poop, you have time to call :whistle2:D[/quote]

eh, i don't keep blockbuster on speed dial and had to run to class.

I finally was able to call up the blockbuster near my home and see if they took trade-ins and they do. I'll be going this saturday to trade in the following and snab some PSN credit:

Eye of Judgment
Skate (360)
Elebits

[quote name='animemaniac14']not to be an ass, but it took me 3 mins to type and post this...try a little harder guys. If you have time to poop, you have time to call :whistle2:D[/quote]

Why not both at the same time? ;) Then again, sometimes you dont want the person on the other line to hear your various....noises. And with technology on the move, who knows, they may smell you one day...

Er...anyways, I forgot the check for Alone in the Dark when I dropped by CC today, hopefully I can go tommorow...

with the huge anime con this weekend...im hoping ill have some time to go to the CC down by where the con will be and grab a couple AITDs to trade in cuz i REALLY want to get to the point of a massive amount of credit again

Thanks for whoever suggested to buy Wii Sports and selling it on eBay. I currently have 4 copies up there and they're all netting me around $20 each. Not bad for around $48 in net profit, and they each still have a day left. ;)

[quote name='Karuto']Thanks for whoever suggested to buy Wii Sports and selling it on eBay. I currently have 4 copies up there and they're all netting me around $20 each. Not bad for around $48 in net profit, and they each still have a day left. ;)[/quote]

is it just me but does it bug anyone else when ppl sell the wii sports on ebay but just leave the gamestop cover art on the ebay pictures (and sometimes with price sticker)?

[quote name='Poor2More']food flips? is this one of these fancy internet fads or better yet GameFAQS lingo?[/quote]

haha no...its one of those I cant type very well on my laptop so i sometimes misspell stuff :lol:

[quote name='MaKaVeLi42O']stupid questiom but...why the hell would anyone buy a Wii Sports game??? doesn't it come with the Wii console when you buy it?[/quote]

i thought i answered this before..so ill give the short version...PEOPLE WILL BUY ANYTHING ON EBAY! the end.

[quote name='MaKaVeLi42O']stupid questiom but...why the hell would anyone buy a Wii Sports game??? doesn't it come with the Wii console when you buy it?[/QUOTE]
For about the 9th time, whenever you buy a used Wii from Gamestop, it doesn't come with Wii Sports. Seeing as the consoles are hard to find new, people often go the used route when picking up the system. Most people buying a used Wii still want Wii Sports, and will pay a decent amount for it used.

GS sells them for $9.99 used.

I make a conservative effort to remove those labels and print off a DVD cover, even if it is in black and white, to make up for that. I just hope they don't mind a few scratches on some of them. ;)

Traded in two Death Jr.'s (Wii) and Dragon Quest (Wii) today for $24.84 each (was $23 originally, but NY adds tax). Ended in $74.52 worth of credit. Pretty sweet.. ;-) These prices are as of September 18th..

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='illpleasa']Traded in two Death Jr.'s (Wii) and Dragon Quest (Wii) today for $24.84 each. Ended in $74.52 worth of credit. Pretty sweet.. ;-) These prices are as of September 18th..[/QUOTE]

24.84 each? I got 23 for Death Jr..... does your state add sales tax to trade in credit?

[quote name='Sa2vador']24.84 each? I got 23 for Death Jr..... does your state add sales tax to trade in credit?[/quote]

Yeah, New York... One of the few times I love tax.. ;-)

[quote name='akokonas']Wow CC in Bollingbrook Ill, had 4 copies of DW for Ps3 and the 360. I bought 2 each and also had 2 copies of Alone in the dark for Wii. Bought all of them and even used a 10% extra coupon with that so got 40% off everything. Gonna make a killing off of this at BB[/quote]

Can someone please post the link to the 10% coupon. I think I saved it somewhere but I can't find it. I bought 4 DW Gundam and 5 Alone in the Dark. I could have saved like 10 bucks with the coupon. All of these were still on the shelves except 1 copy of alone in the dark that was in the clearance bin.

for the 20% GS coupon (i've just been using the cellfire coupon)

BBV TIV
Wii Legend of the Dragon - dropped to 9
PS3 WSOP - 20
Wii Bust a Move - 20

All traded Friday sept 18th (along with 5 Alone in the Darks and 4 DW Gundams)

Even though it will be rereleased again on Blu Ray (if blu ray even lasts) I bought the Kill Bill Blu Rays. Out of 4 BBVs, only 1 had them. Also plan on getting Iron Man, Indiana Jones, Dark Knight, Sex and the City, and The Thing on Blu Ray.

I preordered indiana jones and got the comic book and pre ordered iron man and got the bobble head for only 5 bucks.

Also got Friday the 13th, Goldfinger, and Sex and the City framed posters for 9.99. They also had terminator, peanuts, halo 3, Jessica Alba (Sin City), Topgun, Nascar, and some other framed artworks for 9.99. I have 9 framed artworks now, but I couldn't pass those up for 9.99.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I finally was able to call up the blockbuster near my home and see if they took trade-ins and they do. I'll be going this saturday to trade in the following and snab some PSN credit:

Eye of Judgment
Skate (360)
Elebits[/quote]

^I don't think you'll get much for Elebits. BB sells it used for $9.99.

Io - RRR2 Wii is dropping in price at GS from $39.99 to $19.99 (new). We should see a big drop in TIV at GS, so it will not be a good game to transfer credit from BB to GS.

[quote name='emg28']^I don't think you'll get much for Elebits. BB sells it used for $9.99.

Io - RRR2 Wii is dropping in price at GS from $39.99 to $19.99 (new). We should see a big drop in TIV at GS, so it will not be a good game to transfer credit from BB to GS.[/quote]

I just noticed that drop in Raving rabbits also. I just bought one at BBV today too, lol. It's going back. I wont even accept a 1 dollar loss when I have 15 BBVs in a 5 mile radius of my home.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I hate to quote myself, but no one has replied. I've read some things that say the two red lights are just a ventilation problem. Other things I've read say that this means RROD is coming soon. I can't get any games started without this happening, no matter how much ventilation I provide it. Should I just try to force a RROD so I can get the whole repair process over with more quickly?[/QUOTE]

I mean you could, I know a few people who just do it to get the whole thing done with...but I dunno, I would have the patience to wait for it. I mean if it will happen soon, then it shouldn't take too long. I'm sure you've seen various techniques to speed the process up around here, so you could do either or.

Ah man a 20% off everything GS coupon? If I didn't miss work last week because of a nasty flat tire I would so call out to do some massive flipping today. My hard drive is running out of space and I've been meaning to pick up a vision cam.

It looks like all of my local stores re-stocked on the 360 & PS3 flips. I'm glad it happened now since there's only a few days left for the trade 3 get $15 promo.

I wont be home til after 9, but I should have some updated values then.

ok here is the current best flips that i have found. nothing spectacular but if you are like me all my credit is at gs right now and i need some at bb so these will have to do.

wii
luxor 9.10 - 20 2.2
cranium kabooki 9.10 - 16 1.76
alone in the dark 17.50 - 30 1.71
bust a move bash 12.60 - 20 1.59
cabelas big game hunter 12.60 - 20 1.59
monster jam 18.90 - 30 1.59

condemned 2 12.60 - 19 1.51
viking 12.60 - 19 1.51

i got the ball rolling so if anyone else can keep looking and post your results that would be awesome. happy hunting

[quote name='DarthPuma']What's AITD 360 getting? Gogamer has it for 13 shipped, so that's a potential flip.[/quote]

[quote name='o0achilles0o']TIV as of September 18th,
PS3 Kane & Lynch - $16
360 Alone in the Dark - $28.50[/quote]

;)

YO YO YO

I hit all 4 circuit cities here, all these are flips to BB
Wii:
AITD $12.70 to 30
Bust a Move 12.70 to 20
Fire Emblem 12.70 to 30
Dragon Quest12.70 to 23
Bleach 12.70 to 16

The 12.70 is with local tax (7%)

[quote name='frankcastle']ok here is the current best flips that i have found. nothing spectacular but if you are like me all my credit is at gs right now and i need some at bb so these will have to do.

wii
luxor 9.10 - 20 2.2
cranium kabooki 9.10 - 16 1.76
alone in the dark 17.50 - 30 1.71
bust a move bash 12.60 - 20 1.59
cabelas big game hunter 12.60 - 20 1.59
monster jam 18.90 - 30 1.59

condemned 2 12.60 - 19 1.51
viking 12.60 - 19 1.51

i got the ball rolling so if anyone else can keep looking and post your results that would be awesome. happy hunting[/QUOTE]

Good show. I've got nothing to add at the moment.

[quote name='animemaniac14']ill stick with the Wii version of AITD for $11.85 w/o tax --> $30 BBV :whistle2:D[/quote]

Where are you finding that? CC? I don't have one of those.

Are the odds of AITD holding good? I'll order a few copies if so.

The eye camera trades for 11 (10+1) at gamestop, lowering the eye of judgement used price to 6.50 (17.50-11) and as of last posting trades for 30. Just a heads up.

[quote name='animemaniac14']the eye cam also SELLS for $30+ profit on ebay ;)

and CC = Circuit City young Darth Puma

hopefully you DO have one of those near you :)[/quote]

When I said CC I meant circuit city lol. I knew they had it on clearance but I didn't realize it was that low. I do not have one of those within roughly 70 miles of me though.

[quote name='DarthPuma']When I said CC I meant circuit city lol. I knew they had it on clearance but I didn't realize it was that low. I do not have one of those within roughly 70 miles of me though.[/quote]

Thing is, you have to wonder how quickly GoGamer will pack/ship your order if you grab multiple copies of AITD for Wii. If they can ship it and get it to you before next Tuesday, then you might be in luck, but just like so many other great flippable games, there's no telling when it might drop.

Personally, I'd just take the initiative and call that not so close CC of yours and if they say they have copies of both DW: G for 360 and AITD for Wii in stock, I'd just take a trek since shipping can be iffy.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Thing is, you have to wonder how quickly GoGamer will pack/ship your order if you grab multiple copies of AITD for Wii. If they can ship it and get it to you before next Tuesday, then you might be in luck, but just like so many other great flippable games, there's no telling when it might drop.

Personally, I'd just take the initiative and call that not so close CC of yours and if they say they have copies of both DW: G for 360 and AITD for Wii in stock, I'd just take a trek since shipping can be iffy.[/quote]

I bought 2 AITD for 360, picked Fedex shipping, so that they will be here for sure next week. I figure, I paid ~$12 each, so even if it drops to $20 TIV, I still make profit. Else, I put on eBay or simply return them.

I guess I'm lucky to have two CC stores nearby then and they seem pretty untapped most times(unless there's a HUGE extra sale advertised, then the bins start to empty out), though both of them have humungous clearance bins that they throw all of the $19.99 and under games into.

It's getting even more confusing though, considering that CC now has the pre-owned game section for each console in my stores now too. You know, I never actually even asked them if they took trades yet, but I'm hoping that stores with the pre-owned sections end up doing that too and do the BBV thing and will PM a verified TIV since there's alot more I could end up wanting to use credit on @ CC than BBV ever will have.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Thing is, you have to wonder how quickly GoGamer will pack/ship your order if you grab multiple copies of AITD for Wii. If they can ship it and get it to you before next Tuesday, then you might be in luck, but just like so many other great flippable games, there's no telling when it might drop.

Personally, I'd just take the initiative and call that not so close CC of yours and if they say they have copies of both DW: G for 360 and AITD for Wii in stock, I'd just take a trek since shipping can be iffy.[/quote]

I would, but I don't get my license till december. :cry:

I might just go ahead and order a couple copies of the Wii Version from amazon so I'll have some credit for LBP.

I'm loving this coupon. So far, I have 9 games on my spreadsheet that get a 1.5x or better ratio. Now, I just gotta visit the stores.

untitled-1.jpg

All of these games have been said in the past 2 pages. Thought I would help all you leechers out. ;)

[quote name='DarkRider23']I'm loving this coupon. So far, I have 9 games on my spreadsheet that get a 1.5x or better ratio. Now, I just gotta visit the stores.[/quote]

mind sharing the games??

3 more to share.

Puppy Luv (wii) - $17.49 -> $23 (~1.31)
Go Diego Go Safari Rescue (wii) - $12.59 -> $16 (~1.27)
George of the Jungle (wii) - $6.29 -> $9 (~1.43)

Not exactly kunai level but they're something.

[quote name='DrNo888']Nothing for PS3?[/quote]

You mean aside from Dynasty Warriors: Gundam for PS3 that gets $33 TIV and is available until Sat from CC for $11.88 before taxes, right?

Speaking of which, I'm going to probably go tonight and clean out the rest of my other local CC of copies of that game and AITD for Wii and maybe pick up an RCA 105 while I'm down that way from Kmart for $15(if it dropped).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You mean aside from Dynasty Warriors: Gundam for PS3 that gets $33 TIV and is available until Sat from CC for $11.88 before taxes, right?

Speaking of which, I'm going to probably go tonight and clean out the rest of my other local CC of copies of that game and AITD for Wii and maybe pick up an RCA 105 while I'm down that way from Kmart for $15(if it dropped).[/QUOTE]

Oh come on, I cleaned that shit out lonjg ago. haha

Anyway - it should be obvious that we're searching for deals that work with the 20% off coupon from gamestop

Cash? I'm sorry to tell you sir, but you're doing it wrong.

Unless it's a 5x+ flip, I won't use cash.

And if anyone would be so kind...

Are :wii:Cody Lyoko and :wii:One Piece still at $23 TIV.

And you know what? Damn the person who said DMC4 was $14.99 at BBV. God damnit... It was tagged at $29.99 and I bought it thinking it would ring up $14.99. I didn't want to feel like a retard saying, oh wait, it's $30? Nevermind. So now I have to go back tomorrow to return it and get some other games. Got EDF(Wow, the disc is perfect. Not even one piece of dust. It's like no one ever rented it) and Nights though.

[quote name='Hair6a11']Right. When I bought my first flip, I didn't use cash ..I got a bank loan for it.[/quote]

I traded in 2 games I had laying around, got $40 for them and continued from there. In 2 months, I worked my way up to over $500 credit ;).

Its amazing that someone can come across as elitist for something as arbitrary as flipping games. Kudos. May Kunai be with you.

To continue the mindless banter. I take it you received those games laying around as gifts. Or stole them. Because obviously you're doing something wrong if CASH is involved. LOFL

[quote name='Hair6a11']Its amazing that someone can come across as elitist for something as arbitrary as flipping games. Kudos. May Kunai be with you.

To continue the mindless banter. I take it you received those games laying around as gifts. Or stole them. Because obviously you're doing something wrong if CASH is involved. LOFL[/quote]

You really can't handle a joke, can you? Damn. That whole cash thing was a joke just in case you were wondering. I don't care whether you use cash or not. It's up to you. And those 2 games I actually got off a GPT site I used to use so I didn't technically spend cash to buy them nor did I get them as gifts.

And back to my original question because it definitely got lost in this "mindless banter."
:wii:Cody Lyoko - $23
:wii:One Piece - $23

Are those still the values?

[quote name='Hair6a11']Oh come on, I cleaned that shit out lonjg ago. haha

Anyway - it should be obvious that we're searching for deals that work with the 20% off coupon from gamestop[/quote]

Much like many others who read this thread, I only skim most posts unless they deal with a phenomenal trade opportunity.

As for Gamestop's % off coupons, if they were able to be done without the need for a printer(something that I should seriously invest in for times I want to actually print something, which are RARE), I'd hop on them in a second. But the fact that they're YMMV as hell usually(with all of the instances of people being told they 'can't use the coupon' or 'it must be fake'), I'd much rather go to stores where the coupons are universal and done automatically in their system like the 30% CC one till Saturday.

Mind you, I DO pay CASH for my games I flip, but only when it's getting me back a decent amount in return. It has to be at least close to 100% over what I paid or I don't even bother with it.

bread's done
Back