The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Much like many others who read this thread, I only skim most posts unless they deal with a phenomenal trade opportunity.

As for Gamestop's % off coupons, if they were able to be done without the need for a printer(something that I should seriously invest in for times I want to actually print something, which are RARE), I'd hop on them in a second. But the fact that they're YMMV as hell usually(with all of the instances of people being told they 'can't use the coupon' or 'it must be fake'), I'd much rather go to stores where the coupons are universal and done automatically in their system like the 30% CC one till Saturday.

Mind you, I DO pay CASH for my games I flip, but only when it's getting me back a decent amount in return. It has to be at least close to 100% over what I paid or I don't even bother with it.[/quote]

I don't think anyone is really experiencing any problems using coupons @ GS.

Also, you should be able to print items off if you have a local library.

[quote name='DanteMayCry']I don't think anyone is really experiencing any problems using coupons @ GS.

Also, you should be able to print items off if you have a local library.[/quote]

That's where I went the only time I think I used one of the GS coupons actually, where I was able to use one of my old 'copy cards' which had credits left on it to print one copy up.

I've still got my eye on an HP printer that's on clearance @ Kmart right now though, which should've dropped from $37 to something cheaper this month. I'll have to check it if I stop by there tonight.

[quote name='DarkRider23']You really can't handle a joke, can you? Damn. That whole cash thing was a joke just in case you were wondering. I don't care whether you use cash or not. It's up to you. And those 2 games I actually got off a GPT site I used to use so I didn't technically spend cash to buy them nor did I get them as gifts.

And back to my original question because it definitely got lost in this "mindless banter."
:wii:Cody Lyoko - $23
:wii:One Piece - $23

Are those still the values?[/quote]

Why don't you call and let us know?:wall:

saw a few price drops at BB:

Cranium Kabooki Wii $15
Golden Compass 360 $7
Armored Core 360 $10

So Cranium TIV likely dropped so that it's no longer a good GS->BB flip. GC and AC should give slight profit for BB->GS with current 3/$15 bonus.

bought GC, so that one's certain, didn't buy other two.

Love these threads. Read a bit went to CC picked up last copy of Alone In the Dark Wii (no Gundams, unfortunatelky). Went to blockbuster and got 32 for it. Got a $50 PSN card....no debating between ratchet and siren ep 1-4 now or ratchet and wipeout next week

Two GS > BBV updates:

Alone in the Dark (Wii): $30
Battalion Wars 2 (Wii): $16 (dropped from $26)

I tried to trade in Warhawk as well, but they wouldn't take it because it didn't have the barcode on the back.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's where I went the only time I think I used one of the GS coupons actually, where I was able to use one of my old 'copy cards' which had credits left on it to print one copy up.

I've still got my eye on an HP printer that's on clearance @ Kmart right now though, which should've dropped from $37 to something cheaper this month. I'll have to check it if I stop by there tonight.[/quote]

You should seriously invest in the printer. I never used my printer before, but once I learned about flipping I started using it every week. That and I'm in college now and my teachers force me to print out about 10+ handouts a week.

[quote name='toocool17']Viking Battle and Condemned 2 for Ps3 get $20 each, slightly better than the 360 ones.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up. Definitely will look into that. There's a myriad of games around me to trade. I just don't have enough GS credit =/.

[quote name='donut']Why don't you call and let us know?:wall:[/quote]

Because I just gave you guys a spreadsheet with all the values for the current flips(the good ones, 1.5+). Was hoping someone would know. If no one knows I'll just ask them while I'm in the store tomorrow.

[quote name='woof321']saw a few price drops at BB:

Cranium Kabooki Wii $15
Golden Compass 360 $7
Armored Core 360 $10

So Cranium TIV likely dropped so that it's no longer a good GS->BB flip. GC and AC should give slight profit for BB->GS with current 3/$15 bonus.

bought GC, so that one's certain, didn't buy other two.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up on CK. I'll wait for confirmation, but I don't think I'll be buying those anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='king007']BBV TIV 9/19
:wii:Code Lyoko: Quest for Infinity - $20
:wii:One Piece Unlimited Adventure - $23[/quote]

Thanks King :). Those are two good flips then. Code Lyoko is a 1.59 ratio and One Piece is a 1.83.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']As for Gamestop's % off coupons, if they were able to be done without the need for a printer(something that I should seriously invest in for times I want to actually print something, which are RARE), I'd hop on them in a second. But the fact that they're YMMV as hell usually(with all of the instances of people being told they 'can't use the coupon' or 'it must be fake'), I'd much rather go to stores where the coupons are universal and done automatically in their system like the 30% CC one till Saturday.

Mind you, I DO pay CASH for my games I flip, but only when it's getting me back a decent amount in return. It has to be at least close to 100% over what I paid or I don't even bother with it.[/quote]

Gamestop Coupons are pretty much never YMMV. If you come across a time it is, you can ask for the District Manager's number and that should rectify everything. People have reported just writing down the code and bringing it in to have it work.

And since you have cards already full of credit, there's no reason why you should be using cash to flip unless it's a phenomenal flip... like a really phenomenal flip... like a 1:4 ratio. Otherwise, you're not taking advantage of the credit you have.

[quote name='mvp828']***waits for opprotunity to flip BB/GR credit to GS credit***[/quote]

This is the best time, a lot of options out there

Hoping that AITD holds to tomorrow - I bought two copies at CC tonight but won't make it to BB till tomorrow.

For laughs, Gamestop gives $8 for Alone In The Dark.

I'm finding it hard to believe the Sega Superstar Tennis (PS3) is still a good flip. $9.xx after coupon+edge at GS into $20 at BBV.... but it is. The 360 version is meh... $13.xx into $19.

I dont think Cranium Kabooki should still be getting $16. They dropped the price on it to $15 used.

I saw a bunch of other $9.99 Wii drops, but I can only remember Ant Bully right now. Super Mario Galaxy dropped to $29.99 used.

For GS -> BB flips, I can confirm the following:

Blacksite (PS3): $17.50 -> $26
Bust a MOve (Wii) - $12.59 -> $20
Hellboy (PS3) - $24.50 -> $36
Rock Band (PS3) - $20.99 -> $26
Sega Superstars Tennis (PS3) - $9.10 -> $20

BB -> GS flips
Nights (Wii): $9.99 -> $12.70
Red Steel (Wii): $9.99 -> $10.50
Star Trek Legacy: $9.99 -> $10.50

I'll have quotes for another 11+ BB -> GS flips tomorrow.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Cash? I'm sorry to tell you sir, but you're doing it wrong.

Unless it's a 5x+ flip, I won't use cash.

And if anyone would be so kind...

Are :wii:Cody Lyoko and :wii:One Piece still at $23 TIV.

[/quote]

As far as using cash for flips...i took out $100 from my checking account, put it in my savings which made my total balance in my savings account a whopping $100. ha. took that $100 and bought AMAZING flips (2.0 or Higher), used the credit at BB to buy Wii Fits, sold them on eBay for $140 with free shipping, netting me around $105-110 each after shipping at all the fees. took the $105-110 and put it in my savings account, going from $100 to over $200, then repeated the process buying more Wii Fits and such....longer story short, started with $100 CASH, now I have over $800 in my savings, after buying a PS3 and 2 Months of BBs monthly rental passes. :bouncy: It's not the best i know, but it works for me. It basically makes my house payment each month if I tried hard enough.:bouncy:

[quote name='GuardianE']Gamestop Coupons are pretty much never YMMV. If you come across a time it is, you can ask for the District Manager's number and that should rectify everything. People have reported just writing down the code and bringing it in to have it work.

And since you have cards already full of credit, there's no reason why you should be using cash to flip unless it's a phenomenal flip... like a really phenomenal flip... like a 1:4 ratio. Otherwise, you're not taking advantage of the credit you have.[/quote]

I stick to the %'s to explain how good/bad a flip is imo. As for me, if I pay $12 for a game and I get $35 for it, I consider that a damn fine flip. But if I pay $15 for a game and I get $20-$22, then I won't even bother buying the game in the first place.

If I had a problem with a coupon from GS, I don't think the DM would help me one bit, since we had a bad confrontation over penny guides a long time ago(2 years or so).

Mind you, the only reasons I'm using cash instead of credit is due to the fact that 1) I despise Gamestop and don't want to give them $$(plus most of their shit is in shitastically shitty condition and BBV likes to inspect the games before I trade them), 2) I'm saving the credit for some games I actually WANT and 3) the money I'm using to buy the games came from saving money I got for special occasions, so technically it's not out of MY pocket .

So, those are the reasons I don't mind paying cash for my games to trade.

Went to GR tonight after all, but left my copies of AITD at home (doh!). Noticed a BUNCH of sealed games in stock at GameRush (everything from Crackdown and Prey to TNA Impact and Mercs 2). I spotted a lone copy of Viva Pinata 2 for sale, which means my cash flips ends in spending 22.xx in cash on a game I wanted anyways and still having $20ish in credit leftover.Not bad. :)

[quote name='JJSP']Went to GR tonight after all, but left my copies of AITD at home (doh!). Noticed a BUNCH of sealed games in stock at GameRush (everything from Crackdown and Prey to TNA Impact and Mercs 2). I spotted a lone copy of Viva Pinata 2 for sale, which means my cash flips ends in spending 22.xx in cash on a game I wanted anyways and still having $20ish in credit leftover.Not bad. :)[/quote]

TNA Impact seems like an unfinished game, from the PS2 version I played at a friends house. It has a glitch where if you walk along the ring apron around the ring posts, then try to do an aerial move, you get stuck in that section of the ring. For $40, I think my buddy got ripped off.

[quote name='dpadilla4']Good day flipping, now is BB getting Gears of war LE? resistance LE?[/quote]

According to the OP, GoW: LE is a "featured pre-order" but no sign of Resistance: LE.

If anyone can check in the AM I'd like an updated GS price for Soldier of Fortune Payback (I'll be running multiple kids to soccer games starting at 9 am - ughhh). In a rather hilarious development, my little local BB got a shipment of used games from another store. The manager said they probably sent them there because they weren't selling at that store. The funny thing is that my local store probably had some good sales numbers for used games the last couple of months solely because of all my BB -> GS transfers. And I bought 3 more today. But, anyway, 1 of the games they transferred in was Soldier of Fortune. I need to get 2 more games from that store tomorrow to make 2 final sets of GS trades before I head out of town Sunday.

Back to my usual long-winded ramble... I did something I haven't done in several weeks - made a very long gaming run. With the kids' school and after-school activities (not to mention my own work) I get very little chance to do this any more like I could during the summer. But the fact that I'm travelling Sunday (meaning I could take off work Friday) + a fairly light schedule for the kids on Friday gave me the chance.

In addition to hitting up the Kmart and CC clearances (where I found lots of stuff but none of the AAA flips - ie, no Bust A Move for $5 from Kmart, and no DW Gundam from CC) I went to 4 Blockbusters and 3 Gamestops. I wish I had remembered more of the GS->BB flip stuff. For example, I saw Code Lyoko but since it wasn't in the list someone posted I figured it was no good. I see now that it is - oh well... Also, I couldn't believe that Viking was a good one and put it back on the shelf. I swear I saw it for $19.99 at BB. But I guess I was wrong on that. The only game I was able to find that I knew was decent at GS was Bust-A-Move. In fact, much like Octomania before, each store had exactly 1 mint copy that clearly must have been converted from new. So keep an eye out for those as they seem to be by far the most available of the Wii flips.

I was able to find Alone In The Dark at CC and got 3 of them (and left many more). Yeah, it isn't such a great cash flip, and I really don't need to inject any more money into the process, but it was kind of nostalgic. I mean, I miss getting new games and opening them up for trade. All it has been lately is sticker removal off of grunged up used game cases :lol:. I was able to price match one set of AitD + Bust-A-Move at a Gamecrazy, though they told me gift cards weren't working right then so I have $50 sitting on an account at a store 25 miles from my house. That irks me a bit. I'll swing by and pick it up when I get home from my trip next weekend (as it is near the airport). It better still be there!

So, anyway, I'm kind of rambling and not going store-by-store like I usually do... It was a long day (out from 1pm till 9pm) but in addition to some regular errands, I was able to do a nice mix of flipping and hunting down clearance stuff for myself. The highlight was finding FFCC Ring of Fates at Target for $9.98 - I wasn't even aware it was on clearance as I haven't been following the Target thread much recently. But I also got some decent stuff at Kmart, all for $5: Nights, GW Galaxies (so now I can trade my BBV copy to GS), Bomberman Land Touch, Parappa, Project Sylpheed, and a few PS3 games. To top it all off, I got a Viva Pinata TiP mispriced with a $15 clearance sticker (it had 3 $14.99 tags on it, so it was clearly an employee mistake).

But I also found some good stuff at the Blockbusters. They clearly have converted more rentals over since the last time I looked and was able to find multiple Nights (one store had 3 of them!), a couple Avatar TBE, another Geo Wars, Red Steel, Sega Rally Revo, Elebits, and even a 360 Meet The Robinsons - all positive flips with the GS trade-in promo. I traded several already (and updated the second post accordingly). Another recent BBV price drop with potential is Super Swing Golf for $9.99. We don't even have a GS quote for it (I had printed the list from that thread and was surprised it wasn't there at all). But it sells for $17.99 used so I'm assuming GS will give $5 for it.

They did not get my Dragon Quest IV in at my local store so I canceled the preorder and got it at Gamecrazy for $5 off by matching the Fry's ad - so in the end that worked out better anyway.

Overall, it wasn't the best time to do much of anything at Blockbuster because as Friday evening approached the stores were jam packed with movie renters. I can't believe they are having any sort of hard time because of Netflix with the stores as jammed as they were - all with people paying real money (gasp!) to rent stuff and the like :lol:. It made the manager of one store happy that I took my $30 credit from AitD and turned right around and bought $40 worth of games.

Anyway, I spent a total of $127 on used games at Blockbuster and converted most of that into $101.10 at Gamestop with 3 more to trade and 1 to keep (I'm finally gonna keep a mint Metal Slug Anthology). When it's all said and done, I'll have converted that $127 into a game to keep + $135 or so at GS. Then I also used $38 at GS to get 3 copies of Bust-A-Move. For those, I got $40 split between BBV and GC with 1 more to trade (which I think I'll also PM at Gamecrazy). So all told it will be $107 down at BBV to gain $97 at GS and $40 at Gamecrazy + 1 game to keep. Sure, it's not quite the heady flips of the B1G1 sale, but not bad for squeezing that activity in between what turned out to be a decent "normal" CAG clearance run. (I also turned $36 of real money into $60 more in BB credit and $30 more in GC credit using AitD.)

Of course I still need to hit up 2 more GS's tomorrow to get rid of the rest and I need 2 more filler games if I want to get rid of the used Geometry Wars I picked up a while back (since I got a new one from Kmart for $5).

9/19 TiVs

Hellboy: Science of Evil (PS3) - $36
Bladestorm (360) - $35
Code Lyoko: Quest For Infinity (Wii) - $20

[quote name='DarkRider23']http://www.pandemicstudios.com/mercenaries/audio/Oh_No_Full_Length.mp3

Listen to the first 10 seconds please.

Then read post #2 on the first page. ;)[/quote]

Ah you bastard. I couldn't help but click the link and it started playing. That song was finally out of my head. Now I'll be singing that to myself all friggin day. I gotta put that on my 360 so I can listen to it while I'm actually playing the game.

EDIT- Wanted to add this post from Friend of Sonic from another thread about GS 50% off games:
"Spectrobes appears to be added to the 50% off sale. It's 14.99 used, making it a little under 7.50 after Edge card.
I wish they'd add more DS games-- GS employees, know of any drops? Madden 08 for PS3 was in the bin too."

There is a used copy of Spectrobes on the shelf at one BBV marked at $24.99. I've tried calling my local BBVs for trade-in values before but no one seems to be capable of giving them to me without actually scanning the game. Anyone care to check the TIV of that or know offhand what a $24.99 game usually trades in for? A $14.99 title usually has a $9 TIV so this should make a bit of profit if not 2x.

[quote name='Nikadimas']There is a used copy of Spectrobes on the shelf at one BBV marked at $24.99. I've tried calling my local BBVs for trade-in values before but no one seems to be capable of giving them to me without actually scanning the game. Anyone care to check the TIV of that or know offhand what a $24.99 game usually trades in for? A $14.99 title usually has a $9 TIV so this should make a bit of profit if not 2x.[/quote]

$25 games usually trade for $16, but since its a DS game, i'm not sure if it would get less as they usually give sub-par vales on DS games.

[quote name='Nikadimas']
EDIT- Wanted to add this post from Friend of Sonic from another thread about GS 50% off games:
"Spectrobes appears to be added to the 50% off sale. It's 14.99 used, making it a little under 7.50 after Edge card.
I wish they'd add more DS games-- GS employees, know of any drops? Madden 08 for PS3 was in the bin too."
[/QUOTE]
Oh no I helped the flippers :hot:

TIV (as of 10:00PM EDT last night):

AITD (Wii): $30

Also, if you try to pick this up at CC today, be sure to look everywhere. I got two copies, but they were not in the clearance bin. They were by the register and still marked 16.99, even though they rang up for 11.87.

io, your recent trip sounds very similar to mine. I also found a BBV with 3 converted copies of Nights and another BBV that had a converted Meet the Robinsons (360). I also kept a 100% mint Metal Slug Anthology for myself.

From the first page its lists soldier of fortune getting $11.60 at GS. While this is true, it already includes both the edge and the $5 bonus. Its base is only $6.

Also found another one for the first page: Lego Star Wars II is $9.99 at BB and gets a $5 base at GS.

Here are some BB -> GS TIV's (all after bonus & edge):

Arcade Unplugged: $6.99 -> $6.65
Cars: $6.99 -> $8.30
Enchanted Arms: $9.99 -> $10.50
Fear Files: $14.99 -> $12.70
Rockstar Table Tennis: $6.99 -> $7.20
Sega Rally Revo: $9.99 -> $10.50
Solider of Fortune: $9.99 -> $11.60
Spiderman FoF: $9.99 -> $10.50
Star Trek Legacy: $9.99 -> $10.50
Virtua Figher 5: $14.99 -> $13.80

Wii
Avatar Burning Earth: $9.99 -> $10.50
Elebits: $9.99 -> $10.50
Metal Slug: $9.99 -> $11.60
Nights: $9.99 -> $12.70
Red Steel: $9.99 -> $10.50

PS3
Soldier of Fortune: $16.99 -> $14.90

All the stores by me got a stand of different "gift cards". They had all the PSN cards, the Xbox Live cards, Jinx clothing gift cards, Napster cards, Phone cards (who uses Phone cards anymore) and they had a bunch of ones for different MMORPG's.

09-20-08_1239.jpg

I was told that Applebees and maybe even Amazon gift cards should be on the way. I've got my fingers crossed for both.

For those planning on pre-ording any movies, you may want to choose wisely who you pre-order from. I'm not sure if this is just for my district, but I was told that in a conference call, all the managers were told that employees will be fired if they do not get a certain amount of pre-orders (not based on the store's pre-order count, but for each individual person). Pretty messed up if you ask me.

Went to GS picked up the last copies of:
Bust A Move $12.59 --> BB $20.00
Escape from Bug Island $9.09 --> BB $16.00

Wish the CC close to me didn't close down.

[quote name='sarge1991']Just called my bb and they only give a 1.50 so YMMV i guess??

Anyways went to GS picked up the last copies of:
Bust A Move $12.59 --> BB $20.00
Escape from Bug Island $9.09 --> BB $16.00

Wish the CC close to me didn't close down.[/quote]

Death Jr for Wii my friend is $23, NOT PSP version :)

[quote name='Poor2More']Death Jr for Wii my friend is $23, NOT PSP version :)[/quote]

Duh :drool: i just automatically assumed he meant the psp version for some reason haha. Does anyone know why GS website doesn't even have Sega Superstars Tennis (ps3) in their system?

[quote name='sarge1991']Duh :drool: i just automatically assumed he meant the psp version for some reason haha. Does anyone know why GS website doesn't even have Sega Superstars Tennis (ps3) in their system?[/quote]

you gotta go lower and click on the 'show' button cuz they are out of stock online but it still shows the instore availability

Can ayone confirm that Gamestop's infamous "trade 3 get $15" deal is still going to be running tomorrow, or is today the last day?

That's really exciting news about the possibility of Amazon gift cards at Blockbuster. I don't know about all of you, but Amazon credit is more valuable to me than both BBV and GS, and the thought of a hassle free, break even conversion of credit to Amazon is simply awesome. Especially considering that BBV is the easiest place to accumulate credit.

[quote name='Bezerker']
For those planning on pre-ording any movies, you may want to choose wisely who you pre-order from. I'm not sure if this is just for my district, but I was told that in a conference call, all the managers were told that employees will be fired if they do not get a certain amount of pre-orders (not based on the store's pre-order count, but for each individual person). Pretty messed up if you ask me.[/quote]

When I was doing some trades last night, a BB employee was doing this ridiculous hard sale for a Dark Knight pre-order. He was trying to sell to a middle-aged woman and her young daughter who was clearly not interested and clearly outside the film's demographic. He kept throwing out lines like "You're not gonna find it anywhere because its going to win at least one Oscar" or "I've preordered one and I work here because I know that no one is going to have any." In each case, the woman just nodded politely, but the kid kept going for at least another 15 mins. I would have been annoyed with him if it wasn't so pathetic.

I've been avoiding pre-ordering at Blockbuster because I've so much trouble with buying games they already had in stock. But my local store just got a fantastic employee who has been incredibly helpful and well-informed, so I may throw a couple his way if it will help him out.

Wow if there is really the possiability of Amazon gift cards that is frickin awesome. I have been accumulating credit at BB more than Gamestop because I feel its a better deal for your money. I know a lot of people like converting there BB credit to GS but is it really worth all the trouble for just moving credit and making a dollar? I dont know about you but I like to make money and make more the quickest way possiable. BB might not have every game like GS but they sure have plenty to choose and even new releases as well. Now with this Amazon gift card can you say SONY BRAVIA LCD!!!

[quote name='Jesse757x']BB/GR -> GS (With edge and $15 promo)

Metal Slug $9.99 -> 11.60
Spiderman FOF $9.99 -> 10.50
Sega Rally Revo $9.99 -> 10.50[/quote]

what system are these for

bread's done
Back