The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

My BBV had Bionicle Heroes at $9.99 but I didn't pick it up, wasn't sure what the TIV would be like, so I played it safe and got Sega Rally Revo, which I noticed had no game in when I went to my car (luckily I looked). I went back in and clerk was confused, I hope he didn't think I stole it, b/c at this BBV the games are already in the cases.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Hmmm, well I went through the process exactly and never received anything. I was also told that if I used my hotmail account as my gamertag I would be sent a trial code...still nothing.

Microsoft really should think these things through...[/QUOTE]

The option to select a free 1 month Gold trial is clearly listed when signing up for an Silver account. Microsoft gets enough shit as it is, please don't cry about something because you can't figure it out.

[quote name='Nikadimas']Multiples of 2 will get the bonus. It would take forever to trade 2 at a time. Just make sure you have an even number. If you don't, trade 3 in on their own and you'll get the "3 for $15" bonus instead, then trade the others together.[/quote]

Thanks Nikadimas!

got rid of the rest of my wii stuff at BBV with my wifes account tonight. whew. Grabbed a Nights and Fear Files.
They had another pair of them there along with TimeShift. They weren't priced properly and I didn't want to just buy games that I knew were mispriced, would have raised an eyebrow, so i'll stop back and grab them when someone else is working.
I'll stick to flipping for stuff for me from now on with wifeys account.
I'll be calling the store that I was denied at later today. I know what to expect but hopefully it was just a flag from that store manager.
I think i'll go with the truth when i get asked the where i get all these games
"There are signs in the blockbusters that they give the best TIV and the 'most wanted' games to trade in. I look for those games and trade them in, no more than 2 per store, usually just 1, following the trade agreement. I have a store membership, online total access account, and I even have a few shares of stock in my portfolio(really). Is there something wrong with that?"
Worst case scenairo, I put my membership card in the vault for 6 months and just trade for stuff I want to play.

Oh man. I can already feel the ban hammer coming down on me. I made a boneheaded mistake today. There is a BB that I have only traded into exactly 4 times. The reason for this is that they share employees with a nearby BB that used to allow me to trade multiples. Well last Sunday I traded 3 games into this seldom used BB. I've mentioned before how the BBs in my area have undergone management and staff changes.

When I went in today the same clerk from the previous week handled my trade. He commented that I sure played alot of games. He accepted all four games including the music cd version of AitD. He looked AitD up in another computer and then he typed it in manually. :D When he went to reload the VC, he told me that he wasn't able to do it. :whistle2:s He asked me if I wanted the credit on the store account and I asked him if he could just reload a new VC. He said he would try but asked if he could help the people behind me. I stepped aside and browsed the used games. The fact that he could look up a game and put it in manually and not know how to reload a VC seemed strange to me. He had just reloaded a VC the week before. :whistle2:k

As I browsed through the games, I tried to recall which games I had trade in to him the week before. He then called out to me that he was able to reload the VC. He said that he had scanned the wrong barcode and he apologized several times. When I got home, I looked through my old receipts and realized that I had traded BAM the previous week. #-oHopefully, this guy doesn't get the other BBs involved but I'm pretty sure I stuck out to him having traded 2 copies of BAM a week apart.

TIV - 9/28 (all for Wii):

BAM - $20
Cranium - $16
Rock & Roll Adv. - $16
AitD - $30

Incredible Hulk PS3 - $23 (phone quote)

I actually blame all this on GS. I went to pick up SST PS3, Cranium and R&R Adv ($12.99 each - B2G1 :D) and they couldn't find SST. :bomb: The case was on the shelf and the computer showed they had 1 in stock but the clerks were to lazy to look for it 30 minutes before closing. I had to settle for the aforementioned Bust A Move ($17.99).

BTW, I was looking for a 3rd game to complete 3 games for the B2G1 (DQ4 :D, GoW Psp & ?). I saw Hulk used is $34.99 at GS but the TIV dropped to $23 from the last reported TIV.

Sorry for the long post but I guess all the talk of people getting banned has me a bit paranoid. 8-[

[quote name='stone1061']They had another pair of them there along with TimeShift. They weren't priced properly and I didn't want to just buy games that I knew were mispriced, would have raised an eyebrow, so i'll stop back and grab them when someone else is working. [/quote]

A good under-the-radar policy, but if I followed it with how my BBVs price things, I'd never be able to buy anything. :D

I have my 360 hooked up via a bridged connection from a laptop. I ran a test, the connection if fine, however, I'm getting a MTU error. I could be that live is down for maintinance. Any idea who to fix the MTU error if its not a live being down for maintinance issue?

On the 360 there's an unused gamertag "Thomaticus" I don't know if I myself set it up, or if someone else did, I tried to recover it, but I couldn't. Is there a way to find out if Thomaticus is actually my long lost gamertag, and if so, can I transfer all my info from my Thomaticus 305 gamertag to the Thomaticus gamertag?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DarkRider23']Just a note. The 12 month cards are the 12 Month + 1 Free Month kind.[/quote]

didn't check , if anyone wants i'll check tomorrow

Had to run errands with my mom so I had her trade for me. ;)

:wii:
Chicken Little: Ace in Action - $13
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed - $23
Looney Tunes ACME Arsenal - $11
Monster Jam - $30
Sea Monsters - $23

MLB Power Pros & Speed Racer were worth less than what I paid for them at GS (with 20% off and Edge) so I didn't trade them. Don't recall the exact values, sorry. At least I only have 2 of the 7 to return to GS now.

[quote name='salty tbone']A good under-the-radar policy, but if I followed it with how my BBVs price things, I'd never be able to buy anything. :D[/quote]

Agreed. Very rarely are prices updated at BBVs around me. Sometimes they are just off by $5, but they are rarely accurate.

[quote name='Killdozer']Do you know if they have showed up in Southern California or has anyone seen them there?[/quote]
I went around 6 stores recently and still haven't seen them.

iO, this may have been posted already, but I'm only getting $7 for my virtua fighter 5 trade ins. So with the bonus and edge it's only $12.70. I double checked my receipts (the last of which was from 2:10 p.m. eastern yesterday) and there are NO refurb fees. I'm in NJ, are others getting more?

[quote name='bgame2']iO, this may have been posted already, but I'm only getting $7 for my virtua fighter 5 trade ins. So with the bonus and edge it's only $12.70. I double checked my receipts (the last of which was from 2:10 p.m. eastern yesterday) and there are NO refurb fees. I'm in NJ, are others getting more?[/quote]

Nope. It went down a couple of days ago.

TiV for today (9/29)

The following all held their value from last week:
:ps3: Blacksite: Area 51 = $26
:wii: Monster Jam = $30
:wii: Alone in the Dark = $30
:wii: Samurai Warriors: Katana = $30

[quote name='Killdozer']Do you know if they have showed up in Southern California or has anyone seen them there?[/quote]

Been in most of my stores for the last two weeks, right next to the counter, man you need new glasses :)

[quote name='DarkRider23']Agreed. Very rarely are prices updated at BBVs around me. Sometimes they are just off by $5, but they are rarely accurate.[/quote]

I picked up a Golden Compass priced at $29.99 the other day. I wonder if they thought I was expecting it to ring up that price. :whistle2:#

Just put my games I picked up yesterday away and realized I only have enough space to fit 1 more game. :cry: Looks like I'm going to have to start stacking these things in the corner until Xmas. Now, instead of my wife asking me what game she should buy me she asked "What should I buy for you to put your games in?"

"regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores."

The Blockbuster closest to my house does not accept trade ins and does not sell new or used games. You can only rent games there. I guess there are exceptions & the first post should be changed to "MOST regular BB's accept trade-ins like Gamerush stores."

Also I went to another BB that is also closer than the gamerush store. They are remodeling and had all the used games behind the counter so I couldn't look at any. I set up a trade account there and traded in just one game. World Series of Poker 2008 (360) & only got $12. I traded in a PS3 copy of the same game on Saturday to my gamerush store & got $20 for it. Is the 360 version worth less or did it drop in price? Don't price drops occur on Tuesdays? It clearly states in the OP that regular BB give the same trade in value as the gamrush stores, so I traded it in anyway even though it was only $12 & I was expecting $20.

[quote name='Lethal04']"regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores."

The Blockbuster closest to my house does not accept trade ins and does not sell new or used games. You can only rent games there. I guess there are exceptions & the first post should be changed to "MOST regular BB's accept trade-ins like Gamerush stores."

Also I went to another BB that is also closer than the gamerush store. They are remodeling and had all the used games behind the counter so I couldn't look at any. I set up a trade account there and traded in just one game. World Series of Poker 2008 (360) & only got $12. I traded in a PS3 copy of the same game on Saturday to my gamerush store & got $20 for it. Is the 360 version worth less or did it drop in price? Don't price drops occur on Tuesdays? It clearly states in the OP that regular BB give the same trade in value as the gamrush stores, so I traded it in anyway even though it was only $12 & I was expecting $20.[/quote]

Games fetch different prices for different systems. Typically the highest prices for trade-ins are $30 for Wii, $35 for 360, and $36 for PS3. PS3 titles usually end up trading in for more.

[quote name='Lethal04']"regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores."

Also I went to another BB that is also closer than the gamerush store. They are remodeling and had all the used games behind the counter so I couldn't look at any. I set up a trade account there and traded in just one game. World Series of Poker 2008 (360) & only got $12. I traded in a PS3 copy of the same game on Saturday to my gamerush store & got $20 for it. Is the 360 version worth less or did it drop in price? Don't price drops occur on Tuesdays? It clearly states in the OP that regular BB give the same trade in value as the gamrush stores, so I traded it in anyway even though it was only $12 & I was expecting $20.[/QUOTE]

The implication of that quote is that when they accept games they have the same trade-in prices as GR. And if the store is a franchise store (or possibly run by a wacky rogue manager) then all that is out the window. I've been to dozens of BB's in 5 or 6 states and never found a corporate store that didn't accept trade-ins. I'm not changing it to "most" when 99% of corporate BB stores accept trade-ins. It is YMMV that you happen to talk to a cashier who knows about it though ;).

Trade-in prices change Monday now after the price drops Sunday. It used to be Tuesday but it changed a few weeks ago to Monday. We still aren't sure that prices don't also change Tuesday so we don't consider any quotes safe until we get them on Tuesday (then they are safe till the following Sunday). Maybe you didn't notice that I put every quote from last week as "good thru 9/28". That would be yesterday - Sunday. If I said "good thru 9/29" that would be today and you'd have a valid complaint ;).

And besides, you didn't even trade the same game - 360 and PS3 versions almost always have different trade-in values. There's a reason the PS3 version is listed in the second post as a good flip and the 360 one isn't.

[quote name='io']The implication of that quote is that when they accept games they have the same trade-in prices as GR. And if the store is a franchise store (or possibly run by a wacky rogue manager) then all that is out the window. I've been to dozens of BB's in 5 or 6 states and never found a corporate store that didn't accept trade-ins. I'm not changing it to "most" when 99% of corporate BB stores accept trade-ins. It is YMMV that you happen to talk to a cashier who knows about it though ;).

Trade-in prices change Monday now after the price drops Sunday. It used to be Tuesday but it changed a few weeks ago to Monday. We still aren't sure that prices don't also change Tuesday so we don't consider any quotes safe until we get them on Tuesday (then they are safe till the following Sunday). Maybe you didn't notice that I put every quote from last week as "good thru 9/28". That would be yesterday - Sunday. If I said "good thru 9/29" that would be today and you'd have a valid complaint ;).

And besides, you didn't even trade the same game - 360 and PS3 versions almost always have different trade-in values. There's a reason the PS3 version is listed in the second post as a good flip and the 360 one isn't.[/quote]

Alright, thanks for clearing that up. I could have sworn a few days ago I saw that the 360 & PS3 versions were the same TIV or maybe $1 less for the 360 version, that's why I was surprised when I got $8 less for the 360 version 2 days later.

I guess my BB is just an exception since they don't sell games or accept trade ins. they barely sell any used movies too, only had about 30 used dvds, 3 for $20. The other BB usually have hundreds.

If anyone's interested in buying Rush Hour 3 they have it in store for $12.99. It's a limited time offer though. Definitely worth the cheap credit. Rush Hour 1/2 is $9.99 if anyone's interested in them. Going to pick them up for myself later on.

New by the way, not used.

[quote name='cheapskate01']Target has Bourne Conspiracy (ps3) $15---> BB $33
Target has Dragonball Z: Burst Limit (ps3) $15---> BB $30[/quote]

sweet, i was just at target and they had 4+ copies of both games for that price. i was about to pick bourne conspiracy up since it was $40 there last week, but i decided to wait until I knew what the TIV was. i will have to pick up a couple of copies of each.

[quote name='DarkRider23']If anyone's interested in buying Rush Hour 3 they have it in store for $12.99. It's a limited time offer though. Definitely worth the cheap credit. Rush Hour 1/2 is $9.99 if anyone's interested in them. Going to pick them up for myself later on.

New by the way, not used.[/quote]

A BB I went to today had a lot of new DVDs for $7.99. I picked up 28 Days later Special Edition for that price. I also saw a lot of other good movies that I already have like Boondock Saints, Donnie Darko, and some more that I can't think of now. I wish the Blu-Rays would be cheaper, they were all $30-35 & didn't carry any used ones.

[quote name='DarkRider23']If anyone's interested in buying Rush Hour 3 they have it in store for $12.99. It's a limited time offer though. Definitely worth the cheap credit. Rush Hour 1/2 is $9.99 if anyone's interested in them. Going to pick them up for myself later on.

New by the way, not used.[/QUOTE]

Is it for Blu-ray? or DVD?

[quote name='Lethal04']A BB I went to today had a lot of new DVDs for $7.99. I picked up 28 Days later Special Edition for that price. I also saw a lot of other good movies that I already have like Boondock Saints, Donnie Darko, and some more that I can't think of now. I wish the Blu-Rays would be cheaper, they were all $30-35 & didn't carry any used ones.[/quote]

I guess I'm picking up Boondock Saints and possibly 28 Days Later. Both great movies. The Blu-Rays are really overpriced though. I hope they drop those things in price soon. $35 is just way too much.

[quote name='unforeseen']Is it for Blu-ray? or DVD?[/quote]

DVD. I tried looking for the Blu-Ray version, but it looked like they didn't have it in stock.

I must have hit the 'easy' button from Staples.

I called the store where I was told I had a note to contact manager before trading in anything else. He said that the account was flagged for trading in multiples. Blockbusters side was that they wanted to make sure the games aren't stolen.
I told him I pick stuff up on sale. The trade agreement says you can trade 2 copies per day, I try to stick to just 1 copy per store.
He said "ok", i'll take the note off and your good to trade.

It was that easy.
Don't be afraid to call if you were flagged, I hate calling people, but this was worth it.

[quote name='stone1061']I must have hit the 'easy' button from Staples.

I called the store where I was told I had a note to contact manager before trading in anything else. He said that the account was flagged for trading in multiples. Blockbusters side was that they wanted to make sure the games aren't stolen.
I told him I pick stuff up on sale. The trade agreement says you can trade 2 copies per day, I try to stick to just 1 copy per store.

It was that easy.
Don't be afraid to call if you were flagged, I hate calling people, but this was worth it.[/quote]

So even after the fact the DM still gave you free reign to trade one copy per store per day?

...You have the luck of the damn irish man. Congratulations.

Alone in the Dark (360) - $28.50
Bourne Conspiracy (PS3) - $33 ($14.98 @ Target YMMV)
2008 Beijing Olympics (PS3) - $30 ($12.48 @ Target YMMV)
Zack & Wiki (Wii) = $11

Anyone verify that the Pokemon games (DS) are still a viable transfer option to GS? (Do they still get $20 base?)

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']So even after the fact the DM still gave you free reign to trade one copy per store per day?

...You have the luck of the damn irish man. Congratulations.[/quote]
I only talked to the store manager. I'm curious if the note will show up on the other stores also. I'll find out on the next big flip. It may have been a store flagging opposed to a district one.

[quote name='h2dk']
Anyone verify that the Pokemon games (DS) are still a viable transfer option to GS? (Do they still get $20 base?)[/QUOTE]

Nope - $15 now. I crossed them off the list in the second post when that news broke last week (just before I was about to buy a pair to use the 50% trade-in bonus coupon I got for the stores in AZ - I never did end up using that coupon, so sad :cry:).

[quote name='h2dk']Alone in the Dark (360) - $28.50
Bourne Conspiracy (PS3) - $33 ($14.98 @ Target YMMV)
2008 Beijing Olympics (PS3) - $30 ($12.48 @ Target YMMV)
Zack & Wiki (Wii) = $11

Anyone verify that the Pokemon games (DS) are still a viable transfer option to GS? (Do they still get $20 base?)[/quote]

The Pokemon flips are not very good anymore even with the cellfire coupon. Did some flipping today. Nothing major to report except Boom Blox trade in value is 25 base so it works well with the cellfire coupon to transfer credit (even better for employees who can pick the game up cheaper than 30). Also Iridium runners is down to 2.50. Used that for the 2 games for cellfire coupon.

Also realized last night that BB employees get 30% discount around Christmas time so that will be sweet for flipping.

[quote name='cg1407']

Also realized last night that BB employees get 30% discount around Christmas time so that will be sweet for flipping.[/quote]

Now why can't BBV call me back and give me a damn job? I would love to have that 30% around christmas time >_

[quote name='stone1061']I only talked to the store manager. I'm curious if the note will show up on the other stores also. I'll find out on the next big flip. It may have been a store flagging opposed to a district one.[/quote]

Amen. Make sure you ask him whether or not it'll expand throughout the district. The store manager who cleared me said he'd make sure the DM removed every flag from the stores I traded in, but never did. The only way I can avoid a potential lecture now is to "forget" my membership card at the register.

Speaking of which I still have $65 in left over credit to get rid of. Ugh. I've seriously got to stop forgetting about it.

[quote name='stone1061']I must have hit the 'easy' button from Staples.

It was that easy.
Don't be afraid to call if you were flagged, I hate calling people, but this was worth it.[/quote]

I think that is what happened to me at the store I was flagged at. The manager told me I was flagged and I told him that I just buy a lot of games and don't really have to time to play through all of them so I just trade in the ones I'm done with. He said alright, and that was the last I heard of it.

[quote name='cg1407']The Pokemon flips are not very good anymore even with the cellfire coupon. Did some flipping today. Nothing major to report except Boom Blox trade in value is 25 base so it works well with the cellfire coupon to transfer credit (even better for employees who can pick the game up cheaper than 30). Also Iridium runners is down to 2.50. Used that for the 2 games for cellfire coupon.

Also realized last night that BB employees get 30% discount around Christmas time so that will be sweet for flipping.[/quote]

Thanks. Saw Boom Blox today and was wondering that TIV. I'll probably pick up two copies to get the rest of my credit over to GS.

Some TIV as of 9/29/08:

Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 $35
Shadowrun Xbox 360 $11 (Got this on clearance at K-mart for $5)
Zack & Wiki Wii $11

I just hope they have my Ironman Blu-ray and Bobblehead tomorrow since I pre-ordered it with the credit I got on Saturday. They told me no one at that store pre-ordered Ironman on Blu-ray so they might not get a copy to sell which is funny because all they would have to do is hold me a rental copy and sell it to me.

[quote name='io']Nope - $15 now. I crossed them off the list in the second post when that news broke last week (just before I was about to buy a pair to use the 50% trade-in bonus coupon I got for the stores in AZ - I never did end up using that coupon, so sad :cry:).[/quote]

Crap, I even looked at that crossed off but thought it was one of the other dozen or so Pokemon games:)

[quote name='cdeener']Some TIV as of 9/29/08:

Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 $35
Shadowrun Xbox 360 $11 (Got this on clearance at K-mart for $5)
Zack & Wiki Wii $11

I just hope they have my Ironman Blu-ray and Bobblehead tomorrow since I pre-ordered it with the credit I got on Saturday. They told me no one at that store pre-ordered Ironman on Blu-ray so they might not get a copy to sell which is funny because all they would have to do is hold me a rental copy and sell it to me.[/quote]

usually the policy on pre-orders is if one person has pre-ordered it, they're guaranteed to get at least 1 in-store. I'm excited to go pick mine up tomorrow and I'll be pricematching it with CC :whistle2:D

[quote name='animemaniac14']usually the policy on pre-orders is if one person has pre-ordered it, they're guaranteed to get at least 1 in-store. I'm excited to go pick mine up tomorrow and I'll be pricematching it with CC :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]

Normally, this store gets at least 2 copies of everything on Blu-ray to sale. I just bought Forbidden Kingdom from them on Saturday even though they didn't have any on the floor they had it in the back.

For those that say that Blu-rays are too much at Blockbuster have to realize that if you are using credit which in most cases for me anyways cost me about 10 to 20 bucks to get enough credit for one movie that is cheaper than trying to buy most of them outright at for instance Bestbuy or Circuit City so I just deal with it plus I'm only getting stuff I know I want to see in HD.

BBVideos -> GS (Edge+Bonus)
:360: Beautiful Katamari 9.99 -> 10.50
:360: Timeshift 9.99x2 = 19.98 -> 11.60x2 = 23.20
:360: The Golden Compass 6.99 -> 7.75
:wii: Spyro The Eternal Night 9.99x3 = 29.97 -> 11.60x3 = 34.80
:wii: Avatar The Burning Earth 9.99x2 = 19.98 -> 10.50x2 = 21.00
:wii: Nights 9.99x3 = 29.97 -> 12.70x3= 38.10

BBVideos Credit Down 124.xx -> Gs Credit Up 134.xx

Still Many Nights & Spyro's Left

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Last Week MX vs. ATV (360)- $19[/quote]

Thanks, just confirmed that on the phone.

TIV
360 MX vs ATV 19
360 Spiderwick Chronicles 12
360 Scene It 22
360 Grid 32

bread's done
Back