The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

[quote name='Muffin_Man']Took in :wii: Spyro and :360: TimeShift into GS today. Got $6.60 each for both. Again, the employee wasn't going to give me the $5 trade in bonus until I mentioned it.[/QUOTE]

**GAMESTOP** is doing a Extra $5?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Muffin_Man']Took in :wii: Spyro and :360: TimeShift into GS today. Got $6.60 each for both. Again, the employee wasn't going to give me the $5 trade in bonus until I mentioned it.[/quote]

Its Automatic, they have to hit F(Some number) to finalize the deal or Total, then it will show the promo

[quote name='Dragonwarrior587']BBV is doing a Extra $5?[/quote]

Er, he said he took them to GS, though not sure why it was in this thread.

[quote name='Dragonwarrior587']BBV is doing a Extra $5?[/quote]

No. The Gamestop guy wasn't going to give me thr $5 bonus, I had to ask for it. Happened to me yesterday at another Gamestop. The 6.60 was the TIV at GS.

The BBV I stopped at today had a few flippable titles, but they were all marked 14.99 or 19.99 instead of the 9.99 I was expecting. Did someone just do a crappy job of applying the markdowns (the prices are set by corporate) or does each store set its own prices?

Who else have to tell the BBV employee when your buying used games....Pleas make sure you grab FEAR Files NOT F.E.A.R, Avator: Burning Earth, NOT Avator : The last Airbender...

[quote name='Muffin_Man']No. The Gamestop guy wasn't going to give me thr $5 bonus, I had to ask for it. Happened to me yesterday at another Gamestop. The 6.60 was the TIV at GS.

The BBV I stopped at today had a few flippable titles, but they were all marked 14.99 or 19.99 instead of the 9.99 I was expecting. Did someone just do a crappy job of applying the markdowns (the prices are set by corporate) or does each store set its own prices?[/quote]

All the same price, your damn lucky if you find it price correctly.....They act surprise when I bring 12 games to the counter with all them marked $14.99.....they all ring up $9.99....Employee act all surprise and ask me how did I manage that..... I reply " I have a list, with all your price changes"

Easy as that

[quote name='Poor2More']Who else have to tell the BBV employee when your buying used games....Pleas make sure you grab FEAR Files NOT F.E.A.R, Avator: Burning Earth, NOT Avator : The last Airbender...[/quote]

Most Blockbusters around me store all their games on the floor in those security cases. Best thing to do IMO.

[quote name='Poor2More']All the same price, your damn lucky if you find it price correctly.....They act surprise when I bring 12 games to the counter with all them marked $14.99.....they all ring up $9.99....Employee act all surprise and ask me how did I manage that..... I reply " I have a list, with all your price changes"

Easy as that[/quote]

Great thing to say. If you're ever asked who gave you the list just say your manager friend.

I was surprised to find a BBV with the games marked correctly for every game. I was actually surprised.

Edit - And does anyone know how much I can sell a PS3 Camera for on ebay? I was thinking of putting it up as $22.99 BIT + $5 shipping. Think it'll sell easily?

[quote name='Muffin_Man']Took in :wii: Spyro and :360: TimeShift into GS today. Got $6.60 each for both. Again, the employee wasn't going to give me the $5 trade in bonus until I mentioned it.[/quote]

It comes up automatically when they total the transaction. Most employees don't total until they badger you for pre-orders.

I was going to say the same thing. Asking has nothing to do with it, its just that it doesnt show up automatically until its totaled out.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']Word of warning. I have discovered a new way for BBV to keep "certain people" from trading with them. I took about 5 or 6 different title games to the counter. He looked hard at my account. There is alot to read by now.:D. He scanned every game and then told me: "i cant take this one". I asked why and he said because they "had too many already". I knew it was a lie because i know pretty much what they have as i buy games from there all the time to flip back to GS. So i go home and call the store and pretend im just another customer looking to buy one of the games i had attempted to trade in and what do you know: "sir we have none of those". I ask if they carry the game and he said "yes". So of course the guy lied! Im guessing there is no way of resolving an issue like this. Does BBV get to decide when "they have too many" or does BBV corp do that

it comes from corporate what can and cant be traded. its not the store inventory its the company as a whole.[/quote]

I've had this happen before, but the BBV employee that did it to me didn't seem shady at all. He just scanned the game and then immediately looked up and said that he was sorry, but he they already had too many of them. I think that maybe some BBVs can only accept a certain number of trade ins for a particular title. The guy didn't seem deceitful and even told me to try another BBV because they'd likely take it.

[quote name='io']king007 - I went in to a store I hadn't traded to in a long time with a Viva Pinata Party Animals (when it was on clearance at Target a year ago or so). I asked the person who was the store manager if I could trade it in and she took one look at it and said "we have too many of those already". I put it back in the car and went to look at their used selection - they didn't have a single one available for sale. So, yeah, it's probably the same BS even though they had no reason to do that to me then other than just to be crappy.
[/QUOTE]

There is a BBV that does not do trade-ins.
Some of their reasons:
We have too many copies of that game.
We are not taking trades because it is the end of the year -- we have exceeded the trade total.
We are trying to clear inventory.
All the surrounding BBVs are not taking trades.

One of these days, I am going to call them out on it and call the DM.
But I am too lazy and there are too many BBVs around here to bother (I do not want to be on their shit list).

[quote name='unforeseen']There is a BBV that does not do trade-ins.
Some of their reasons:
We have too many copies of that game.
We are not taking trades because it is the end of the year -- we have exceeded the trade total.
We are trying to clear inventory.
All the surrounding BBVs are not taking trades.

One of these days, I am going to call them out on it and call the DM.
But I am too lazy and there are too many BBVs around here to bother (I do not want to be on their shit list).[/quote]

I have been told some of those things before while attempting a trade. Turns out it was because the manager had accused me of theft via a note on my account.

My GS->BBV trades today

Wii

Sea Monsters - $23

PS3

Blacksite Area 51 - $26
HC: Battle for the Pacific - $23

I DID not trade in the following due to crummy or negative flip...

X360

HC: Battle for the Pacific - $19
Cabela's Big Game Hunter - $12

Got these values today at Gamerush-- Wii-- Sea Monsters= 23 Cranium Kabooki= 16. Nothing new, just confirming values.
Traded in at GS Avatar-Burning Earth(wii) 10.50 and Spiderman Friend or Foe(360) 10.50 both including bonus and edge.
Took me a long time to finally start flipping back and forth between the 2 stores. I usually just keep my credit at Gamerush but it's fun chasing down games and building up credit between both stores. Right now it's a little more fun than playing the games. At least til Little Big Planet/Guitar Hero World Tour comes out!

[quote name='joshnorm']Will they take it back with the bar code screwed? I figured it wouldn't be an issue but needless to say I really don't want the game but its worth a shot.[/quote]

Yeah they will. They don't know it wasn't screwed up to begin with since they place their sticker right on top of it. Although I still had a problem with one BB. I've traded in three already to different ones, but today the employee couldn't find it in the system. I guess victorious is a hard word to spell correctly.

[quote name='bgame2']Same here. Got my second referb fee ever today. Two bucks. I complained, looked at the guy and gave the guy crap - not because it changes anything but I figure I'll vent a little and be less anoyed about it.[/quote]

I've started filling out the online review of the store, and always complain about the refurb fee, being hidden, abitrary, etc. If enough of us complain, they will get the message.

I used that drop of water trick on the UPC someone mentioned earlier, worked like a charm....I did the trick on the Soundtrack edition of Alone in the Dark Wii, worked great because these are the two possible scenarios...

Scenario A
Hand them the game, they scan it and it alerts them Game NOT Found, their reaction is we dont accept this game sorry its not in our system

Scenario B /w the Drop of Water on the UPC
Hand them the game, they scan it and it alerts them that UPC can not be read, so their reaction is to look it up manuel, so success, works everytime

I see that there's a $5 difference between the 360 and PS3 versions of HC: Battle for the Pacific. Do you guys think the Wii version would get the same value as the 360? ($19)

Picked up 2x NBA 08 PS3 at CC for $8.96 each and flipped them to BBV for $20 each, took all of ten minutes, I wish all flips were this quick & easy. I would have done more but they only had two left

Be careful with MUA: Gold Edition guys. The MUA are both different UPCs and BBV sells Gold for $24.99. The guy who got MUA: Gold for $14.99 simply lucked out because the BBV mislabeled their games.

I sold two of the PS3 eye cameras on ebay after splitting up the EOJ bundle. I sold each for 29.99 Buy it now, w/ $6 shipping. I may be able to sell it easier though because I have 700+ feedbacks w/ no negatives and 4.8 or better in all of the DSR.

NOTE:
Also, remember on Ebay, if you aren't a powerseller (w/ who get final value fee discounts) you're going to give ebay back about 18%+ of the money you sell it for, when you take into account their 15% FVF on game accessories + 2.9%+ $.30 for accepting money through paypal(if you do in fact do that.)
[quote name='DarkRider23'] Edit - And does anyone know how much I can sell a PS3 Camera for on ebay? I was thinking of putting it up as $22.99 BIT + $5 shipping. Think it'll sell easily?[/quote]

[quote name='eraser813']I see that there's a $5 difference between the 360 and PS3 versions of HC: Battle for the Pacific. Do you guys think the Wii version would get the same value as the 360? ($19)[/quote]

Wii version I traded in sometime this past week I got $23. Bought it at GS for $25 during the B2G1. I knew not to pick up the 360 version.

[quote name='salparadise78']

NOTE:
Also, remember on Ebay, if you aren't a powerseller (w/ who get final value fee discounts) you're going to give ebay back about 18%+ of the money you sell it for, when you take into account their 15% FVF on game accessories + 2.9%+ $.30 for accepting money through paypal(if you do in fact do that.)[/quote]

Wow that's horrible. Didn't notice that. Aren't fees for Auction Style listings just 8% though? I hope so because that's what I did with my 3 auctions.

Had a great weekend, me and the girlfriend had a spending frenzy at Blockbuster. I hit up 3 Gamestops I missed last Sunday during the B2G1 ( couldn't get there before close ). Found a niiiice set of flips, unable to do the math but I was at $400 between BBV and GS and stayed at $400 between both after keeping:

:wii:Wii Sports 2x
:360: Eternal Sonata & Skate (new)
:360: Scene It w/ controllers for $15 at Target (tons of em here, PM me if you want and can't find em)
:dvd: Heroes Season 2
:dvd: 2 sets of 4 for $20 movies (including an original Dawn of the Dead by Romero)

All in all, that was a flipping fun weekend.

thanks for the info Xfade. I can find the Wii version a lot easier around me than the PS3 version for some reason. Got to get it done!

[quote name='eraser813']thanks for the info Xfade. I can find the Wii version a lot easier around me than the PS3 version for some reason. Got to get it done![/quote]

In the end, it's only a $5 flip. $17.50 (w/ EDGE + 20% off) to get $23. So unless there's nothing else flip worthy and you wanna eat up all your GS credit for a trip to BBV, it's a viable flip.

I hope we get a couple extra good BBV->GS flipbacks this week, my stores are running out so I'm trying to keep most of my credit at GS.

[quote name='xfade']In the end, it's only a $5 flip. $17.50 (w/ EDGE + 20% off) to get $23. So unless there's nothing else flip worthy and you wanna eat up all your GS credit for a trip to BBV, it's a viable flip.

I hope we get a couple extra good BBV->GS flipbacks this week, my stores are running out so I'm trying to keep most of my credit at GS.[/quote]

I don't think we'll be getting more BBV to GS flips this week. I'm going to go visit 2 new BBVs tomorrow in hopes of finding some more BBV to GS flips. I just got $116 in credit at BBV today, but was only able to transfer about $66 back.

I'm still waiting on BBV to drop their prices of PS3 games. I have no idea why they are so god damn expensive compared to 360 games. When there isn't at least one flip with PS3 games, then you know something's wrong.

FYI, I saw a used copy of Skate for the PS3 marked at $14.99. So, assuming the tag was correct, it'd be a good BB->GS flip just like the 360 version. Or, a good game to keep.

[quote name='mkernan']FYI, I saw a used copy of Skate for the PS3 marked at $14.99. So, assuming the tag was correct, it'd be a good BB->GS flip just like the 360 version. Or, a good game to keep.[/quote]

It is. It got $13.75 base on Saturday. Came out to $20.13 after edge and bonus. 360 version only gets $14.90

[quote name='DarkRider23']Wow that's horrible. Didn't notice that. Aren't fees for Auction Style listings just 8% though? I hope so because that's what I did with my 3 auctions.[/quote]

Yeah, auctions are still 8.5%, but the buy it now is where they just changed their rates and kinda screw you. It's all a balancing act as far as fees vs. how much you think/know it's worth. If you put it up for auction and make the starting price low, then you might end up selling it wayyyy lower than you hoped. Also you pay more initially in the listing fee with auctions now. They lowered the buy it now listing fees to .35 cents. Also you can list stuff in buy it now for 30 days for the same fee

I rarely do auctions anymore. I just name my price and let someone meet it. Buyers usually come around.

Sorry for the long post.

[quote name='Bezerker']Crash of the Titans (Wii) is $9.99 -> $12.50
Crash of the titans (360) is $14.99 -> $16.25
Metal Slug Anthology (Wii) is $9.99 -> $10
Metal Slug Anthology (PS2) is $14.99(or less) -> $15
Ninja Gaiden 2 is $25 -> $30
Super Mario Galaxy is $30 -> $30
Timeshift (74272527135 barcode) is $9.99 -> $18.75

Im sure there is plenty of other stuff, im just going off the top of my head. Secondspin.com gives the TIV's for FYE, so if you find anything else, please let me know. Add 25% to the values above if you want to pre-order a game rather than just straight up credit.[/quote]

Thanks, dont know if this is specific to my FYE or if anyone cares but I've been looking for a decent pair of cheap earphones that I wont cry over if the cats eat them (they love the taste of ear wax!). My FYE has skullcandy full metal jacket earphones on sale for $28 down from the $50 retail price. I'm hoping these fit the bill. I'll also check out the blue-ray section while i'm there, but the game section is ridiculously over priced especially considering the low value they give for most game trade-ins.

Of course the only Wii Rockband (Wii only! $35 no GS discounts --> ~$35 FYE TIV) in town at GS doesn't have instructions and the game needs to be complete and flawless to trade in at FYE so I'll scrounge at BB with my remaining credit. All for the better I guess, I dont want to waste "my precious" GS credit.

How do you search Secondspin.com for FYE prices? The prices on Secondspin.com are different than the FYE prices posted. Some of the posted ones just have the 25% already added i guess?:cold:

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']How do you search Secondspin.com for FYE prices? The prices on Secondspin.com are different than the FYE prices posted. Some of the posted ones just have the 25% already added i guess?:cold:[/quote]

You got it, add 25% to the secondspin.com TIV for the FYE credit TIV.

[quote name='whatup5']A few TIV:

Wii - NFS Prostreet - 16
360 - Nascar 08 - 15
PS3 - NBA 08 - 20

[/QUOTE]

These values are good through yesterday right? Slim possibility of them holding this week? Can't hit CC or TRU till tomorrow morning before work.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']How do you search Secondspin.com for FYE prices? The prices on Secondspin.com are different than the FYE prices posted. Some of the posted ones just have the 25% already added i guess?:cold:[/quote]

Yep, the TIV's given on Secondspin are if you want cash, add 25% to them if you want credit, and add another 20% if you pre-order a game.

Good find on Rock Band Wii Blackmilk. I'll probably update the 45% bonus FYE thread sometime tonight. Its long overdue.

So did anyone get this week's list of price drops for BB? I see someone posted that Battlefield Bad Company is down to $35, but I was hoping for some more $9.99 & $14.99 flips.

[quote name='Bezerker']
So did anyone get this week's list of price drops for BB? I see someone posted that Battlefield Bad Company is down to $35, but I was hoping for some more $9.99 & $14.99 flips.[/QUOTE]

I was in my local store making a trade Sunday evening and I asked about game price drops and they said NO games dropped - just movies. So the Battlefield Bad Company one is somewhat of a surprise to me. The guy that was there was an old Gamerush employee so he ought to know what he's talking about.

[quote name='spauldingfan']Has anyone been able to reserve Resistance 2 yet?[/quote]

Yes, it's listed as 'PS3-Resistance 2'. Go figure.

[quote name='io']I was in my local store making a trade Sunday evening and I asked about game price drops and they said NO games dropped - just movies. So the Battlefield Bad Company one is somewhat of a surprise to me. The guy that was there was an old Gamerush employee so he ought to know what he's talking about.[/quote]

Off topic a bit, but you don't remember which movies, do you?

While it may be petty, I think any of us who got burned by GS on the Boom Blox drop should at least complain to corporate.

Boom Blox is still listed as $25 on Gamestop.com under Trade-in values. Nowhere does it say that values may have changed, check first, etc. This is misrepresentation to get you into the store and does warrant a complaint or two, at the minimum.

That said, I have three days off and a few untouched GS and BBV's to visit. Just need to make some calls to check if there were any TIV drops.

While it may be petty, I think any of us who got burned by GS on the Boom Blox drop should at least complain to corporate.

Boom Blox is still listed as $25 on Gamestop.com under Trade-in values. Nowhere does it say that values may have changed, check first, etc. This is misrepresentation to get you into the store and does warrant a complaint or two, at the minimum.

That said, I have three days off and a few untouched GS and BBV's to visit. Just need to make some calls to check if there were any TIV drops.

[quote name='salparadise78']Yeah, auctions are still 8.5%, but the buy it now is where they just changed their rates and kinda screw you. It's all a balancing act as far as fees vs. how much you think/know it's worth. If you put it up for auction and make the starting price low, then you might end up selling it wayyyy lower than you hoped. Also you pay more initially in the listing fee with auctions now. They lowered the buy it now listing fees to .35 cents. Also you can list stuff in buy it now for 30 days for the same fee

I rarely do auctions anymore. I just name my price and let someone meet it. Buyers usually come around.

Sorry for the long post.[/QUOTE]

Ebay is turning more into a reseller portal than an auction site. Even though the fees are lower if you start low, the final auction amount usually ends up lower because people wait until the very end to bid. This usually means bidders miss out on final bidding or forget entirely. I usually stick to BIN or high starting bids for that reason. At least they offer some discounts for powersellers with good ratings and double it right now if you offer free shipping.

It is what it is. Ebay fees and policies are definitely harsh right now, but there's no good competitor. That's why I chuckle when I see people complaining about trading games into Gamestop. Honestly, it's a lot less headaches, and with trade in promotions, you can at least break even.

Last night I went and used up the rest of my BBV credit from my value card, so if the manager tries to take money off of it, he'll have to go and use my CC that's on file. I figured that's smarter than leaving $ in my value card?

Hopefully I can talk to the DM today

[quote name='Bezerker']Yep, the TIV's given on Secondspin are if you want cash, add 25% to them if you want credit, and add another 20% if you pre-order a game.

Good find on Rock Band Wii Blackmilk. I'll probably update the 45% bonus FYE thread sometime tonight. Its long overdue.

So did anyone get this week's list of price drops for BB? I see someone posted that Battlefield Bad Company is down to $35, but I was hoping for some more $9.99 & $14.99 flips.[/quote]

I wonder...do they take complete bundles? Secondspin.com is showing Rock Band Special Edition (2007) for the PS3 at a $70 trade in value. I've been trying to find a place to dump my drums since I'm getting Guitar Hero World Tour. After downloading the game to my HD, I could trade in game/guitar/mic/drums for $101.

Also, Rock Band Wii is showing up on secondspin for me at $21.75, making the 45% bonus bring it up to $31, and the 30% discount at GS makes it a 24.50 -> 31.

Edit: Nix that stupid question about the bundles. Checked the FYE thread which is buried deep in this forum, and it seems they take it. Now just gotta trade that + a few copies of Timeshift to get GH:WT

[quote name='Nikadimas']It is. It got $13.75 base on Saturday. Came out to $20.13 after edge and bonus. 360 version only gets $14.90[/quote]

That's an odd number to say the least. The 2 for $10 thread has it listed as $11. That would make it $17.10 after bonuses.

Is Philadelphia one of those places with weird GS trade-in values?

bread's done
Back