The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

[quote name='DarkRider23']
WAIT WAIT WAIT. Did I read this correctly? The "Ion" Drum Set for $57? Really? No joke? I will be going to every target within 50 miles of me just to find one. Don't have rock band 2 yet, but it's an ion drum set![/QUOTE]

CHILL OUT MAN! :rofl:

It is an Ion drum set, I don't think it is that Ion drum set. I just wanted it for my son to play for real (not in Rock Band 2). It is still a great deal though. It seems to be more YMMV than most Target clearances though - half the stores had it clearanced (and gone) and the other half still have it full price.

Well, today's bit o' flipping put a 40GB PS3 in my hands, and that is where I take a break. I now have a Blu-Ray player, what I set out for this time. Took me less than a week.

[quote name='io']CHILL OUT MAN! :rofl:

It is an Ion drum set, I don't think it is that Ion drum set. I just wanted it for my son to play for real (not in Rock Band 2). It is still a great deal though. It seems to be more YMMV than most Target clearances though - half the stores had it clearanced (and gone) and the other half still have it full price.[/quote]

this one i take it?

Ok, I think I've discovered the actual reason why people are having so much trouble with trading it in. Checked my receipt from a day ago and it says:

Wii - Victorious Boxer: Revolution $30.00

So it's as simple as that extra "s" in the title. The employees that simply type in "Victorious" find it easily but those who type in the full name "Victorious Boxers Revolution" don't find anything.

[quote name='io']CHILL OUT MAN! :rofl:

It is an Ion drum set, I don't think it is that Ion drum set. I just wanted it for my son to play for real (not in Rock Band 2). It is still a great deal though. It seems to be more YMMV than most Target clearances though - half the stores had it clearanced (and gone) and the other half still have it full price.[/quote]

God damn you. You got my hopes up >__

[quote name='sp00ge']Well, today's bit o' flipping put a 40GB PS3 in my hands, and that is where I take a break. I now have a Blu-Ray player, what I set out for this time. Took me less than a week.[/quote]

congrats man:applause:

[quote name='xfade']this one i take it?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. that's it. So, depending on your Target, it is either $229.99 (regular price) or $57.xx (75% off clearance price). The weird thing is that it went straight from $160.xx (30% off) to $57.xx (75% off) with no stop at 50% off. I confirmed this at 3 different stores.

To get back on topic, while I was trading in that Beijing and Bourne I picked up Geo Wars, Fear Files, and Timeshift and got all the expected values for those at GS as of this afternoon.

For people who don't want to spend cash and are looking for more flips, Gamestop has NBA 08 (Ps3) for 19.99 used. It's not the best flip but it's something.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Best buy had a pretty good clearance going on. Madden 09 CE was half off, a bunch of other games were 75% off, including Sega Superstars Tennis (PS3) which was $10. 2x is my usual minimum for cash flips, so i snagged a couple, they still had 5 left...

Most of the stuff i traded today is current upto 10/12, but from the out of date ones in the OP, I can confirm the following TIV's today:

:wii: Disney High School Musical $24.99 -> $26
:wii: Monster Jam $26.99 -> $30
:wii: Victorious Boxers $24.99 -> $30

:ps3: Hellboy $34.99 -> $36
:ps3: WSOP 2008 Battle for Bracelets $19.99 -> $20 (BB price good thru 10/5)

NBA 08 $19.99 -> $20 isn't a bad flip especially with the 20% off coupon. 50 Cent Bulletproof(PSP) gets $15 TIV at BB? seems a little high for a game that is more than a year old plus it being a PSP game...

I currently have a BB Value card and I was wondering how much is the limit on it? I tried putting more money onto it today and I got a message from the employee that it's full.

Is the limit $500? Or more? Are there cards that take more than $500?

--Michael

[quote name='Civickid96']I currently have a BB Value card and I was wondering how much is the limit on it?

--Michael[/quote]

I believe it's $10,000. Maybe the employee didn't know how to reload more credit on it.

[quote name='heatdolphins45']I believe it's $10,000. Maybe the employee didn't know how to reload more credit on it.[/quote]

The trade limit is $10,000. The limit you can have on a value card is $500.

[quote name='Bezerker']The trade limit is $10,000. The limit you can have on a value card is $500.[/quote]

Thanks Bezerker. I think it's time for me to get a 2nd card.
:cool:

--Michael

16:10 support is probably just going to add black bars for displays that do not do pixel mapping. Games would have to retroactively support using the full display. 16:10 displays right now can display the 360's output but it's in a full screen and the image is stretched vertically. Meaning you'll be marveling at how the balls in Bankshot Billiards don't roll around like footballs.

[quote name='Jesse757x']For people who don't want to spend cash and are looking for more flips, Gamestop has NBA 08 for 19.99 used. It's not the best flip but it's something.[/quote]

I just had to pop in to let you know your signature is phenomenal.

[quote name='Civickid96']Thanks Bezerker. I think it's time for me to get a 2nd card.
:cool:

--Michael[/quote]

You don't get suspicious stares for having $100+ credit on a value card? I usually trade in $100 worth of games at a time and if my card already has $100 or more on it, I'll ask for a new one. Carrying around multiple cards isn't bad. People get way too suspicious when they see you over $100.

[quote name='DarkRider23']You don't get suspicious stares for having $100+ credit on a value card? I usually trade in $100 worth of games at a time and if my card already has $100 or more on it, I'll ask for a new one. Carrying around multiple cards isn't bad. People get way too suspicious when they see you over $100.[/quote]

Exactly my thoughts. Now once I get over $100 on all my cards I won't bring in a value card and will ask for a new one if i am trading in more games. I have 4 cards right now, the highest has $177 on it. I got to $200 on one and the cashier was making a big deal out of how much credit I had on it, which was only from about 8 games that I traded in. I need to start buying stuff so I won't have so many cards.

so I have a question....let's say I was able to get a manager to open a new account up for me with a new account number....let's say I go to a BB where I never traded in a whole lot of games, so they may not remember the email that was sent out a few weeks ago from corporate....with a new account number, should I be able to open up trade accounts again and start trading?

[quote name='DarkRider23']You don't get suspicious stares for having $100+ credit on a value card? I usually trade in $100 worth of games at a time and if my card already has $100 or more on it, I'll ask for a new one. Carrying around multiple cards isn't bad. People get way too suspicious when they see you over $100.[/quote]

It's been awhile since I've had over $200 on my card, since I keep pre-paying for upcoming games. When I did have a ton of credit, I just said I was saving up for a 360 or saving up for a PS3. Obviously, you need to alter your answer depending on what you're trading in and it won't work if you're trading in 360 AND PS3 titles, but I digress.

[quote name='crunchb3rry'] 16:10 displays right now can display the 360's output but it's in a full screen and the image is stretched vertically. Meaning you'll be marveling at how the balls in Bankshot Billiards don't roll around like footballs.[/quote]

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure this is not true. My 360 was set at something like 1360x768 and the monitor was able to display the image. Having spent a fair amount of time on a 4:3 standard def TV prior to the Sammy, I feel pretty confident in saying the image was definately a 16:9 widescreen picture stretched a couple additional pixels for a 16:10 ratio and NOT a 4:3 picture stretched to ugly proportions as suggested by crunchb3rry.

[quote name='mkernan']It's been awhile since I've had over $200 on my card, since I keep pre-paying for upcoming games. When I did have a ton of credit, I just said I was saving up for a 360 or saving up for a PS3. Obviously, you need to alter your answer depending on what you're trading in and it won't work if you're trading in 360 AND PS3 titles, but I digress.[/quote]

That's the excuse I used at GS. I just make sure I carry around multiple cards with me. Even at GS. Once I reach $250, I'll tell them to put it on a new EDGE card. That way, I'll just carry around both of them with me and keep putting credit/using the new one.

Some more TIV tonight @ BBV

Wii

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core - $23
Disney's High School Musical - $23
Cranium Kabooki - $23 $16
Balls of Fury - $13

PS3

History Channel : Battle for the Pacific - $23
Viking: Battle of Asgard - $20

Games I got from the most recent TRU clearance-> all were $9.98.
Gamerush TIV-Gamestop base value.

360:
Viva Pinata Party Animals $8)($5
College Hoops 2k8 $12)($2

Wii:
Nicktoons Attack Toy Bots $11)($6
NFS Prostreet $16)($9
Monster Trux Arena $16)($5

PS3:
College Hoops 2k8 $9)($2.25

If anyone can post the values of Mini Desk Top Racing and Jumper, both on the Wii, it would be very helpful.

[quote name='Xfactor4']Some more TIV tonight @ BBV

Wii

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core - $23
Cranium Kabooki - $23
Balls of Fury - $13

PS3

History Channel : Battle for the Pacific - $23
Viking: Battle of Asgard - $20[/quote]

is that cranium kabooki price right? wasn't it $16 last week?

[quote name='heatdolphins45']NBA 08 $19.99 -> $20 isn't a bad flip especially with the 20% off coupon. 50 Cent Bulletproof(PSP) gets $15 TIV at BB? seems a little high for a game that is more than a year old plus it being a PSP game...[/quote]

Well thanks for the tip on NBA 08 but maybe the price dropped today becuz' I called my local BBV just now and they told me it only gets TIV $9 for PS3 and $8 for 360 ??

so NOT A GOOD FLIP FYI ;)

[quote name='eraser813']Xfactor4, did the Cranium Kabooki value go up? I think I only got $16 for it a couple of days ago.[/quote]

My bad.. My bad.. It's late and I'm tired...It HELD at $16. I guess I got a bit confused since Guilty Gear and History Channel were both $23 ? :roll::oops:

Sorry io/all. I went back and edited my last post to the correct TIV.

[quote name='Xfactor4']Well thanks for the tip on NBA 08 but maybe the price dropped today becuz' I called my local BBV just now and they told me it only gets TIV $9 for PS3 and $8 for 360 ??

so NOT A GOOD FLIP FYI ;)[/quote]

NBA 08 isn't even on the 360, you probably got a quote for a different game. I traded in NBA 08 today (PS3) & got $20.

[quote name='Lethal04']NBA 08 isn't even on the 360, you probably got a quote for a different game. I traded in NBA 08 today (PS3) & got $20.[/quote]

Man I am on a ROLL tonight ! lol.. I need to just quit while I am ahead and come back tomorrow with my flip results and/or more TIV. :D

Yes Indeed I called on TIV for NBA LIVE 08 for PS3 and 360 and those were the values I got. Interestingly enough, they both sell for $19.99 and when I went to Gamestop and searched for NBA 08, that is what came up because of the stupid setting on the "SHOW BACKORDERED" / "HIDE BACKORDERED" switch was set to off and NBA 08 did not even come up at all !

SO I called my local BBV once more and you are obviously right, NBA 08 (and NOT NBA LIVE 08) is still a good flip at $20 TIV.

Good night all ! I'm logging off before sticking my foot in my mouth anymore ! lol...

At least people now know to look for NBA 08 and NOT NBA LIVE 08 ! ;)

[quote name='Bezerker'] I can confirm the following TIV's today:

:wii: Disney High School Musical $24.99 -> $26
[/quote]

[quote name='Xfactor4']Some more TIV tonight @ BBV

Wii
[/quote]

So who's telling the truth. ;)

[quote name='salty tbone']So who's telling the truth. ;)[/quote]

i would go with the guy who said $26 since Xfactor has already made errors on a couple of other things in that post

[quote name='eraser813']Games I got from the most recent TRU clearance-> all were $9.98.

360:

Wii:
NFS Prostreet $16)($9

PS3:

If anyone can post the values of Mini Desk Top Racing and Jumper, both on the Wii, it would be very helpful.[/QUOTE]
bump

[quote name='eraser813']Games I got from the most recent TRU clearance-> all were $9.98.

360:

Wii:
NFS Prostreet $16)($9

PS3:

If anyone can post the values of Mini Desk Top Racing and Jumper, both on the Wii, it would be very helpful.[/quote]

did you actually make any money? looks like you got less than $10 profit after tax...

Traded GRID X360 ($32) MLB 2K8 PS3 ($13) Puzzle Quest DS ($8) tonight & picked up a new Sonic Chronicles, a used Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword (rung up at $24.99 but it was stickered for $19.99 instead) & the newest Nintendo Power.

Pretty good haul for a quick Target flip. I wish I had time to get involved in the GR-EB flip parade, but working 55 hours a week throws a wrench into things :p

[quote name='gi60']A Target nearby is closing today, so all clearance items are extra 75%. Too bad, I just found out today. The CSR told me that it's 50% off 3 days ago. I manage to get 2xMLb for $ 10.48 and 2xWall-E for $ 8.xx. and Logitech Harmony 520 - $ 12.xx since they're unmarked.[/quote]

I was at this Target on Sunday (I assume it was LB South) and I noticed these 2 games but they were only giving 50% off so it was't a good cash flip (in my opinion). I did miss out on the Logitech Harmony. I would have picked that up even at $24.98 (50% off). #-o

FYI, I also passed by some BBs in that area and they had a ton of flippable games (FF, TS, Spyro, etc...).

[quote name='io']Anyway, back to the Bourne/Beijing flip - I guess I can look at it like this: with the proceeds I picked up a new Boom Blox for $29.99 and 3 GS flippables for $29.97 (that netted me $35.90 at GS) with $3 left over. So for $27.46 in cash I got Boom Blox, $3 at BB, and $34.50 at GS - not bad, really. And let's face it, if I had seen Boom Blox at Target for $12.48 I'd be all over that (essentially what I paid for it if I consider Beijing as an even swap for it). Of course, if I used my already existing credit it would have been essentially free ;).[/quote]

I went through the same thing. Eventhough, I have a lot of credit at GS/BB, I flipped 2 copies of Bourne. I ended buying Army of Two PS3 at BB and Wario Land: Shake It! at GS (after flipping 3 games) and still had $6 in credit left over. Ao2, WL:SI and $6 credit for $32.44 is worth it in my opinion.

For some reason, I also find myself hoarding my credit. I bought a copy of Bully Wii at Target for $7.48, eventhough, I could have bought a copy at BB for $24.99 in free BB credit. For a while there, I actually missed paying cash for games. :lol: I guess I was just burned out on flipping during the "perfect storm".

What a difference a year makes. I joined CAG just before last year's TRU b2g1 sale and ended up buying 9 Wii games. A year later and I laugh at that sale. Any competent flipper will wipe his ass with TRU's b2g1 sale (unless it's for clearance games). Imagine what I could have done with the $300 I spent. :shock:

I apologize for the OT post with no contribution at all but It's almost 2am and I am sleepy as fuck and I need to be up until probably 9am. :whee: Hooray for me! :cry:

[quote name='salty tbone']So who's telling the truth. ;)[/quote]

P1010002.jpg

Before i get any comments about trading multiples, the store I currently have my only account on is where my manager buddy works and he lets me do up to 3 copies in one transaction. I've read the new Trade in agreement and rather than the 2 per store per day, it now says "Trade limits are set by employee and may change at any time" (or something along those lines), so if he says the limit is 3, the limit is 3 ;-). I was kinda surprised when Victorious Boxers scanned fine. I was expecting for it to come up with an error like everyone else.

I'm gonna be hitting up a few more GS's & Blockbusters, and ive got a ton of flips coming in from Goozex. I do feel kinda bad for the store I trade at. It seems like 90% of the used non-rental conversions are flips that i've traded. I'm thinking about seeing if I claim that someone stole the card for my original account, they'll let me create a new one so I dont need anyone to sign trade authorizations for me.

[quote name='Bezerker']I dumped some more games to BB. It really sucks only being able to trade at one store (For now). I just dont feel like dragging the old man to every store to have him sign up for a trade account. The gamerush I went to was stockpiled with $9.99 -> $11-13 flips so i'm probably going to go fodder hunting tonight or tomorrow.[/quote]

:rofl:

[quote name='Bezerker']
P1010002.jpg

Before i get any comments about trading multiples, the store I currently have my only account on is where my manager buddy works and he lets me do up to 3 copies in one transaction.[/quote]

[quote name='Bezerker']I dumped some more games to BB. It really sucks only being able to trade at one store (For now). I just dont feel like dragging the old man to every store to have him sign up for a trade account. The gamerush I went to was stockpiled with $9.99 -> $11-13 flips so i'm probably going to go fodder hunting tonight or tomorrow.[/quote]

:rofl:

I agree. Thats fucking ridiculous. - im sure theres some more closet kunai'ers out there but for now, he takes the cake

so i know this has prob been discussed before...but i just need a yes or no answer (unless someone wants to be kind enough to explain)...can you be banned from GS for trading in too many of the same game (even to different GameStops?) and also...can you trade more than 10 games per day to different gamestops? (cuz i remember hearing about a limit a long time ago)

How is the fable series? ...Also is there another game that's similar to Mass Effect aside from KotOR? Fall Out 3 looks to be pretty good atleast from what I've seen which is nothing more than the E3 Trailer... I'm a huge fan of story driven games.. Bad Co. was great for both mindless shooting and storyline(very funny btw)... GTA IV actually had a good story behind it I thought.. Thank all of you for the posts... and your help

Chris

bread's done
Back