The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

[quote name='decrot']are there any good rpgs out there that use the menu system. ya know, you select attack, magic, etc, like the old FF series. I hate these new action rpgs they got now.[/quote]

Look into Lost Odyssey. It might be right around your corner. Playing it right now and I really like it so far. Other RPG's I like: Tales of Vesperia, Fable II, Prince of Persia.

[quote name='MtReload']Look into Lost Odyssey. It might be right around your corner. Playing it right now and I really like it so far. Other RPG's I like: Tales of Vesperia, Fable II, Prince of Persia.[/quote]

Really? I mean, if you stretch the definition of RPG far enough out to include PoP, you can include pretty much any game where you "play" a "role"... So any game. :D

[quote name='bvharris']I never played it on the 360, but I absolutely loved Eternal Sonata on the PS3. I know that version is supposed to be better, but if the 360 version is even 75% of the experience, it's still worth a play. VERY fun combat system, and charming (if weird) story. The one warning is that the cutscenes are sometimes laboriously long, though that's par for the course when it comes to JRPGs.
[/QUOTE]

The cutscenes in Eternal Sonata may in fact be the worst I have ever sat through. The voice acting is just unforgivable. The high pitched whining and the complete lack of timing just hurt me personally. I even tried it with the original Japanese and that still wasn't much better.

But I certainly agree with you, the combat system in it is completely underrated. Would enjoy seeing it plugged into a game with tolerable pacing.

[quote name='SkeletonBrute']same here, my battery pack lasted about a year and a half, then crapped out on me, and then I bought the battery only, and it died too. I just use Eneloops, got them about a year ago from a deal I saw on here. I just make sure to keep a set of them charged up, and when mine die, pop in the fresh ones, and start recharging the dead ones. Play and charge kit is crap IMO.[/quote]
My old battery from Play N Charge kit lasted about 1.5 years too. Then it died.

Just bought a totally new kit as well recently, and the new battery died right out of the box.

Odd...

Lost Odyssey. I started playing it on Sunday and I like what I have seen so far. The story (ie dreams) are amazing...combat is pretty standard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tales of Vesperia. I don't know if it's really like either of the two games you listed, but it's probably the best JRPG on the 360 right now. Others recommend Lost Odyssey, although I haven't popped it in myself yet.

Ranked in this order.

1)Tales of Vesperia
2)Lost Odyssey
3)Eternal Sonata
4)Star Ocean:Last Hope (Release date 2/23/09)

Those are the best JRPGs out at the moment. I haven't gotten a chance to touch Last Remnant though and it is in my collection. I've never touched Enchanted arms but if you like that game you'll love those.

[quote name='Stark Rhavyn']Are there any RPG's that aren't of the Anime variety and still have co-op play on the 360?[/quote]

Two Worlds.. and I guess Fable II...

i've gotten the 1000 in Enchanted Arms, Blue Dragon, and Lost Odyssey.

Currently playing through Infinite Undiscovery now and have Eternal Sonata and The Last Remnant on my backlog.

For some reason, I could never get into the Tales series - I always fall asleep playing them. I enjoyed both Enchanted Arms and Blue Dragon, and whole-heartedly recommend Lost Odyssey if you enjoyed the classic JRPG design of Enchanted Arms and Blue Dragon.

Infinite Undiscovery, Eternal Sonata, and The Last Remnant tend to not follow the classic JRPG design, and may not be for everyone but Lost Odyssey is a safe bet.

Hay guys,
I just picked up Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection and I have to say for 30 dollars this may be the best deal ever. What other games other than Orange box do you guys think are great deals?
Thanks
LATER
M.C.

Burnout Paradise can be had for around 20 bucks and has had a lot of quality free DLC released, although they have just recently begun to dip into paid content. Well worth it regardless though.

Anyone know what's up? I can't add items to my que with the marketplace on the net anymore. Every time my item says Assigned to other console when I look at my active downloads on my system. Hmm, how do I tell it what system I have!?

[quote name='espionage']
For some reason, I could never get into the Tales series - I always fall asleep playing them. I enjoyed both Enchanted Arms and Blue Dragon, and whole-heartedly recommend Lost Odyssey if you enjoyed the classic JRPG design of Enchanted Arms and Blue Dragon.
[/quote]
Which have you played? I ask because I thought ToS was sort of boring for a while, but since then I've gotten really into TotA and ToV.

[quote name='willardhaven']Which have you played? I ask because I thought ToS was sort of boring for a while, but since then I've gotten really into TotA and ToV.[/quote]

i think maybe some of the oldest ones that were on the ps1 and gba, but i remember tales of symphonia on the gamecube. that game was definitely the one that had me swearing off of the tales games altogether. tried the vesperia demo on live and it seemed similar to symphonia so i ended up not buying it.

[quote name='depascal22']In Soviet Russia, bosses play you. Sorry I couldn't resist a little ribbing at (what I believe to be) our only Russian CAG.[/quote]
yeh sad thing but no matter how hard i tried i could't find any Russian CAG's :wall: and i am stuck on gates of hell on 1 disk T_T (LR) :wall::wall:

I think the most fun part of the tales games were that you could play it on 4 players, which made batles very chaotic and fun.

I recommend Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect, and the pending Star Ocean: The Last Hope. Mass Effect is a Western RPG with more action-based controls while Lost Odyssey has combat virtually identical to its Mistwalker bro-ther-hood pal Blue Dragon (typical JRPG stuff). I'm dying to play Versperia but it's still pricing at $40.

espionage - Is Star Ocean: The Last Hope not on your list? Checked your blog and it's not even in the 'Thoughts' section. I think you should check this one out. This will be a day one purchase for me. Only other game I've bought day one is Mass Effect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tales of Vesperia if you want something a little more action oriented.
Lost Odyssey if you want turn based.

Both are great games.

Ive been playin infinate Undiscovery, I like it more than some and it feels like an traditional RPG except the fighting is more action based like star ocean games(made by the same people if im not mistaken).

Yes, it is. Though once you get one you can't delete it as far as I know. I've had a few people on my friends list with no avatars for some time.

I only have one friend who is on XBOX Live, and it's not even his account. What games are you playing? (I'm not really that into online FPS, sports or racing games).. Did I just eliminate 70% of the selection or what? ;)

I like puzzlers, RPGS, arcade-y games (I do have Castle Crashers already - love it), actioners, misc... anything you recommend I'd be into checking out.

How's N+ on Live? I hear good things...

Can I add a few of you for some good times?

Infinite Undiscovery was fun, while not a great game imo like Tales of Vesperia it was a lot of fun to play though, I just finished it. Now I'm just waiting for Star Ocean 4. Too Human was a meh action rpg kind of like Diablo, I've seen it at a lot of places for sub $30 bucks too, it is short though, like 12-13 hrs short.

Argee Infinite Undiscovery is fun but sometimes u don't know what'a hell is going on on screen during combat but it's OK story is good and it's all that matters (to me that is) Didn't had a chance to play Tales of Vesperia becauase Europe is STILL waiting for it T_T

[quote name='ninjaspeedrazor']Infinite Undiscovery was fun, while not a great game imo like Tales of Vesperia it was a lot of fun to play though, I just finished it. Now I'm just waiting for Star Ocean 4. Too Human was a meh action rpg kind of like Diablo, I've seen it at a lot of places for sub $30 bucks too, it is short though, like 12-13 hrs short.[/quote]

I hope you're not saying Diablo is meh :D.

I have Infinite Undiscovery in my backlog, glad to see at least someone had fun with it. Makes me a bit braver to play it eventually, perhaps I'll be able to stave off inevitable dissapointment.

[quote name='BLUEMANRULE']espionage - Is Star Ocean: The Last Hope not on your list? Checked your blog and it's not even in the 'Thoughts' section. I think you should check this one out. This will be a day one purchase for me. Only other game I've bought day one is Mass Effect.[/quote]

you know, i'll probably end up getting it anyway since it's another jrpg on the beloved 360 but for now my backlog is pretty long as it is. i bought a star ocean game on the ps1 but never got too into it. i think i'm just not a sci-fi rpg type of guy! need those swords and spells haha

also - for those wondering about infinite undiscovery, it's actually better on subsequent playthroughs. it's a short game, but when you play on harder difficulties and eventually get to the end game optional dungeon, that's when you can have some real jprg treasure hunting/maxing out fun. game plays a bit like final fantasy xii, but doesn't have as nice an AI partner system as the gambit system.

Yeah, I just enabled Live last week. Add me too. I'm thinking about Oblivion, Lego Batman, and Castle Crashers (only have the trial right now), and I'm loving Fable 2.

Cool, I'll add all you guys this weekend.. Yea, any other game recommendations? I do have some stuff to trade in, so I'd like to pick something up that you're all playing? Or how about Xbox Arcade titles? Any strategy games you like and all?

(I do have Lego Jones... is that any fun? Came with my Xbox)

I'll set up my tag when I have a minute to figure it out -- (Im at work now ;)) But my online addy is the same as my avatar here. Add away!

Best,

Colt

Looks like it's early coffin time for my ALMOST BRAN NEW arcade 360.
I just recently wrestled with xbox people over the phone to register my new 360. So both my old busted one (that I sold), and my new one are tied to my account.

So now TODAY when I decide to go in and look up my info BOTH are missing from my list, and it won't let me re-register my new one because it's an "invalid number". *sigh*

So I was wondering if their working on something at the website and EVERYONE'S system info is currently unavailable, or if i'm going to have to call up Apu again and try to straighten stuff out.

If someone could see if theirs is up & let me know I would appreciate it and give you a virtual high five.

yeah, I have noticed that sometimes when I see a friend in a party, and look at the other people (friends of friends...) that there is one or two who are just "shadows" and have the ?'s over their name.

I don't know if that is a security thing or if they don't have avatars...

one of my friends skipped the step and just never decided to make one during the initial update.....he still refuses to make one because he said he already has a Wii....
Now I think you are pretty much fucked if you already made one.

28iyoft.jpg

Thank you.

When I made secondary silver accounts on my 360, it just gave them a default avatar. So, I never understood that vs. the shadow thing.

Regardless, yeah, you're SOL.

bread's done
Back