The General eBay Rant Thread

[quote name='GBAstar']I absolutely cringe when I get messages like these from international buyers:

Hello...so looks like the parcel may be delivered but the customs department is asking for custom duties. Around $60. Was this amount not paid by you when you sent the parcel? Why do I have to pay this amount again? Please let me know soon.

This is the same buyer who wanted to know why he item wasn't delivered 3 days after he ordered it.[/QUOTE]

This is why I don't ship internationally. I see eBay is offering their own International Shipping program where they buyers pay eBay set shipping rates and the seller just ships it to a shipping location in the US. eBay says they handle all the paperwork and whatnot for customs. It seems like there are still too many things that could go wrong, but it seems better than dealing with international jackholes like that directly.

[quote name='Chedeng88']Buyer complained that the Beyblade DS game I sold her was "not as described". She said she was expecting the 3DS version -- which does not exist! My listing title was something like "Beyblade Nintendo DS DSi 3DS" because it will play with any of those consoles. A lot of sellers are doing this too, perhaps to enhance the chance of showing up in searches.

My listing also had multiple pics of the actual item and the description stating that it was a DS version.

I told her that the 3DS version she was expecting DOES NOT exist. There's no Beyblade for 3DS yet. I asked her if she even looked at the pics and read the description carefully. She wouldn't answer and just kept on going about how disappointed she was.

I tried doing a quick google on the buyer and it turns out to be an old lady (in her 80s). I think it's a grandma trying to buy a game for her grandkid, so she probably doesn't even have an idea on what she was actually buying.

I just refunded her money after asking her to ship me back the item (despite my listing stating "no returns"). Small price to pay than risking my 100% power seller feedback getting tainted.[/QUOTE]

I ran into that problem years ago when I sold a PS1 game and put PS2 in the title as well in addition to PlayStation and PS1 even though the picture and description were for the PS1 game.

When I sell a DS game, instead of putting 3DS in the title, in the description I say it will also work on the 3DS as a standard DS game.

Seller won auction on the 25th...

Paid for item on the 29th around 6pm (after I post office is effectively closed, and sent this message:

Please leave me good feedback now since I already paid. I do not like waiting until I leave feedback,. That is not fair.

I did not respond because I don't even know what to say. I waited on your payment for half a week, and you want me to just leave you positive feedback before the transaction is over.

My handling time is 2 days, and the latest estimated delivery is Feb. 6th. so I printed out the label yesterday, and am going to drop the package off at the post office around 3 pm today....

I get this message...

It still does not show my order as being shipped. It has been the same status for the past two days =( =( - Also I did request you leave feedback.

I already have restrictions on my account, so I decide F it and say...

Really?

You paid for the item on the 29th after the post office was closed. I printed your shipping label out yesterday, and am dropping it off at the post office today. If you check my shipping/handling policies I quote 2 days handling time, and your delivery estimation is Feb. 2nd-6th which it will easily make.

And I will leave you feedback when the item is delivered. Yes, it is fair to wait on feedback when the buyer took 4 days to pay and then is ignoring shipping/handling quotes.

And that is way nicer than I wanted to be.

Put up my GI Joe Steelbook on eBay. It was damaged but the discs were still good and it closed securely and I took lots of pictures. Set it up for cheap and it goes unsold for a while. Guy comes up and says he will buy it if I relist it, so I put it up on BIN (and increase the price a couple dollars) and it sells. Still hasn't paid after multiple invoices.

I also hate buyers that pay by eCheck because they're bitches about waiting for the check to clear. Even eBay says not to send before the check clears and you have the funds. Do they really expect you to send an item before they pay you? Hell, I've gotten a buyer who's check didn't clear at all and I had to file an unpaid case (in which he never bothered responding to). Thankfully, I haven't gotten any buyers that use this method in a long time, but when I do they try to say your shipping is slow when in reality it takes a week for their payment method of choice to clear. Use PayPal like everyone else and you'll get it shipped out that day.

[quote name='Chedeng88']I just refunded her money after asking her to ship me back the item (despite my listing stating "no returns"). Small price to pay than risking my 100% power seller feedback getting tainted.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't have refunded her. If you get a negative, it will be moot in a year. I got a negative last year from some jackoff I sold an HDD to. HDD was tested and 100% in working order. He was replacing his PC whose HDD had "went out" as well. When he tried installing mine, he said he was getting all kinds of the same errors. Asked him what the errors were, and it was common with having bad RAM. I told him this, and he ended up filing a claim. He left me a negative feedback. Didn't really care, as in 12 months, it will be wiped off your percentage.

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']^ Did he respond again to your email? Nice job btw :applause:[/QUOTE]

I'm certain that you do not want to wait to give me feedback. Have it your way =)

I don't even know what it means....the sentence doesn't make sense....I can't tell if its a joke, a threat, just confused nothing...

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']I don't even know what it means....the sentence doesn't make sense....I can't tell if its a joke, a threat, just confused nothing...[/QUOTE]

That sounds like you should expect negative feedback from him with a comment about slow shipping :???:. I'd suggest adding him to the banned bidders list.

Not eBay related, but anyone find it annoying how Amazon forces you to put credit card info again before purchasing something? I know it's for security, but can you ask something easier like date of birth?

Forgot how STEEP ebay fees can get. Sold some stuff, got a 30 dollar invoice. Ouch. I know they have to make money, but damn its higher than tax!

Anyone gotten USPS packages already opened? Once ebay sides a case in your favor its 100% sure you will get full refund? I bought something and all I got was a box full of bags, either the seller is a douche or USPS opened up the box and took the item. I already won the case but need to ship back the sellers bags and box.

[quote name='tangytangerine']That sounds like you should expect negative feedback from him with a comment about slow shipping :???:. I'd suggest adding him to the banned bidders list.[/QUOTE]

I don't even care anymore. My shipping and handling dsr is like 3.5% because I don't take crap from people. If he sent me that message before I printed the label I would've just never sent it out and refunded him. I did that to someone once and thought they couldn't leave me neg feedback and they did anyway lmao.

Despite my s/h being 4.7 and 3.5% neg my overall is 99.2% positive and people don't seem to have a problem buying from me I just have to wait for delivery to get my funds.

I know my practices seem a bit crazy but I've never lost $ b/c of someone screwing around w me.

My rant on ebay:

Well i for one dislike seller fees for video games. I think they're very high.
Secondly i dislike ebay sellers that don't combine shipping on simple video games.

Other than that, i enjoy ebay for the pure fun of trying to find games cheap.

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']I don't even care anymore. My shipping and handling dsr is like 3.5% because I don't take crap from people. If he sent me that message before I printed the label I would've just never sent it out and refunded him. I did that to someone once and thought they couldn't leave me neg feedback and they did anyway lmao.

Despite my s/h being 4.7 and 3.5% neg my overall is 99.2% positive and people don't seem to have a problem buying from me I just have to wait for delivery to get my funds.

I know my practices seem a bit crazy but I've never lost $ b/c of someone screwing around w me.[/QUOTE]

I don't sell on Ebay but I hate taking crap from people so I get your point. Let me know how this turns out and if he leaves a negative review; it seems like he is going to :roll:

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']I don't sell on Ebay but I hate taking crap from people so I get your point. Let me know how this turns out and if he leaves a negative review; it seems like he is going to :roll:[/QUOTE]

scum_zps79864169.png

This guy is absolute scum, and eBay will probably do nothing about it which is a flipping joke.

I want to know why buyers are allowed feedback before the arrival of their item and also while still in the acceptable delivery date time frame. That's BS.

My biggest rant about eBay is the damn condition rankings. I adhere to the condition standards (missing anything? Acceptable) while thousands of other sellers will list a Cart Only game as Like New and sell it faster, and for more, than what I have it listed for. And of course eBay wants nothing to do with fixing it which leaves me to decide between less sales but honesty or follow all the big guys and be dishonest in listing conditions.

At least JJGames is honest.
HERE is a great example from ItemBazaar though:
Cart Only Lufia Curse of the Sinastrals for DS listed as "Very Good" with stock picture and HERE is my copy for sale - appropriately listed as "Acceptable" with pictures, that is priced cheaper with cheaper shipping and it has been sitting on eBay for months now.

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']
scum_zps79864169.png

This guy is absolute scum, and eBay will probably do nothing about it which is a flipping joke.

I want to know why buyers are allowed feedback before the arrival of their item and also while still in the acceptable delivery date time frame. That's BS.[/QUOTE]

Holds feedback hostage, lmfao!!!!!!!! what is wrong with that guy lol

[quote name='Barney']Holds feedback hostage, lmfao!!!!!!!! what is wrong with that guy lol[/QUOTE]

There's nothing wrong with him, there is something wrong with eBay.

I've had a few people who basically threaten negative feedback if you don't ship the item out same day as payment regardless of your quotes or how long they take to pay...

That feedback he left is absolute bullshit, and with my estimated delivery time it shouldn't even be allowed, but eBay is going to let it fly. It doesn't make any damn sense.

just ran into my first problem, had been waiting for a package, so i decided to call the post office turns out the seller put down the wrong address, so they sent the package back to him. I just contacted him today to see if he got the items back. wondering if you guys been in this situation, also wondering if i have to pay shipping again, im pretty sure i dont since he messed up

Ugh, a buyer from Canada purchased a game from me, and paid 5.25 shipping based on the ebay shipping calculator. When printing up a shipping label however, entering in the exact same info ebay uses to calculate a shipping cost of $5.25 brings up an actual shipping cost of 9 dollars and change. How could there be such a discrepency? Now I have to eat the difference from my already thin profit margins.

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']There's nothing wrong with him, there is something wrong with eBay.

I've had a few people who basically threaten negative feedback if you don't ship the item out same day as payment regardless of your quotes or how long they take to pay...

That feedback he left is absolute bullshit, and with my estimated delivery time it shouldn't even be allowed, but eBay is going to let it fly. It doesn't make any damn sense.[/QUOTE]
That's pretty damn stupid. Sometimes the item sells and is paid for after postage hours, what can they say then? Shit, all of the post offices around me are closed by noon the way it is. Actually, looking at the USPS site, the only other one around me actually closes at 11:45AM. This is why I time my endings to the morning if possible and specify in the listing that if payment us received before X time, it will ship same day. I also add in "usually" for insurance since nothing is guaranteed.

[quote name='spmahn']Ugh, a buyer from Canada purchased a game from me, and paid 5.25 shipping based on the ebay shipping calculator. When printing up a shipping label however, entering in the exact same info ebay uses to calculate a shipping cost of $5.25 brings up an actual shipping cost of 9 dollars and change. How could there be such a discrepency? Now I have to eat the difference from my already thin profit margins.[/QUOTE]

The USPS shipping prices changed on 01/27 for 2013. First Class International saw a HUGE increase in items that weight less then a pound.

The good thing is that First Class to Canada now includes delivery confirmation so you will be liess likely to get scammed by a buyer filed item not received.

[quote name='spmahn']Ugh, a buyer from Canada purchased a game from me, and paid 5.25 shipping based on the ebay shipping calculator. When printing up a shipping label however, entering in the exact same info ebay uses to calculate a shipping cost of $5.25 brings up an actual shipping cost of 9 dollars and change. How could there be such a discrepency? Now I have to eat the difference from my already thin profit margins.[/QUOTE]
Price hike on the 27th.

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']
scum_zps79864169.png

I want to know why buyers are allowed feedback before the arrival of their item and also while still in the acceptable delivery date time frame. That's BS.[/QUOTE]

WTH this guy is such garbage. Sucks man... :whistle2:(

I will admit though I did chuckle at "Holds feedback hostage." :lol: What an idiot. Is there anything you can do? I would at least try reporting him

Last edited by a moderator:
eBay won't care. Years ago I got a negative for the same reason but the difference was the buyer never contacted me to leave feedback. I tried to get them to withdraw the negative, they refused so I left them a negative back saying they were unreasonable to leave a negative for that and they still wouldn't mutually withdraw the feedback so both our negatives would be ereased.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']eBay won't care. Years ago I got a negative for the same reason but the difference was the buyer never contacted me to leave feedback. I tried to get them to withdraw the negative, they refused so I left them a negative back saying they were unreasonable to leave a negative for that and they still wouldn't mutually withdraw the feedback so both our negatives would be ereased.[/QUOTE]

When did Ebay become so terrible? :/

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']WTH this guy is such garbage. Sucks man... :whistle2:(

I will admit though I did chuckle at "Holds feedback hostage." :lol: What an idiot. Is there anything you can do? I would at least try reporting him[/QUOTE]

I reported him but they wont do anything.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']eBay won't care. Years ago I got a negative for the same reason but the difference was the buyer never contacted me to leave feedback. I tried to get them to withdraw the negative, they refused so I left them a negative back saying they were unreasonable to leave a negative for that and they still wouldn't mutually withdraw the feedback so both our negatives would be ereased.[/QUOTE]

Sadly you can't even leave buyers negative these days.

Yeah it's unfortunate you can't leave bad feedback for a buyer anymore. I rarely left bad feedback for a buyer in return (and only have gotten few negatives over the years) but it was nice knowing it as an option in case the buyer deserved it. Also thanks for posting their Ebay id, I added them to my blocked bidders list.

[quote name='granturismo']Whenever i list always 4-5 of the bidders have 0 feedback im not sure what it's all about. Surely there cannot be so many new members always. I am sure some people just like bidding they probably don't even have money[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me last time, out of 25 items, I had 3 0 feedbacks and 4 under 5. The thing is, they actually paid and didn't complain. Didn't leave feedback either.

what's the point of buyer protection again? I won and paid for an auction on Jan. 21st. I never got the auction and the seller never posted a tracking number. I sent the seller 5 emails and they never responded to any. I opened a case with Ebay and now I have to wait until Feb. 9th before I can escalate it with customer service. That's almost 3 weeks before they will even look at this.

What am I supposed to look forward to next? Has anyone else been in this kind of situation before? Did Ebay refund your money? If it was a low amount I wouldn't care. But it's $42.

[quote name='strizay']what's the point of buyer protection again? I won and paid for an auction on Jan. 21st. I never got the auction and the seller never posted a tracking number. I sent the seller 5 emails and they never responded to any. I opened a case with Ebay and now I have to wait until Feb. 9th before I can escalate it with customer service. That's almost 3 weeks before they will even look at this.

What am I supposed to look forward to next? Has anyone else been in this kind of situation before? Did Ebay refund your money? If it was a low amount I wouldn't care. But it's $42.[/QUOTE]

If the seller doesn't respond to your case, you will get a full refund from eBay.

Okay guys check this out.
Last night i won this auction
http://www.ebay.com/itm/130841477286?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

It's basically GTA 3, GTA Liberty city stories, GTA Vice City, GT San Andreas, and a memory card. for about $6 dollars.

When i tried to pay the seller i kept getting this message:

dsar.jpg

So i sent him this message:

ME:

Hi
Im trying to pay you right now but i keep getting this message
"This recipient is currently unable to receive money."

From doing some searching on google i think you need to contact paypal and resolve whatever is wrong with your account..

Seller:

Hello don't sell much don't know what's wrong.Any way there is two games missing. Have memory card an games three an liberty city stories. If you want then just send Five dollars to Anthony Oldham 202 Lesile Rd Sanford N..C 27332. If not don't worry about it Thanks
-------------------
What kind of crap is this! I'm angry! i take my ebay shopping very serious and this guy thinks he can list stuff on ebay that he doesn't even have just for the fun of it.
Anyways what do you guys recommend that i should do next? I honestly feel like leaving negative feedback to this clown.

thanks

^ Leave him negative feedback. Put something to the effect "listed items he didn't have" and then "requested I send him money in the mail".

^ okay
i would love to be able to write a whole paragraph on the feedback section to express to that guy exactly how i feel about him lol but oh well.

My luck has just been terrible lately.

[quote name='Barney']^ okay
i would love to be able to write a whole paragraph on the feedback section to express to that guy exactly how i feel about him lol but oh well.

My luck has just been terrible lately.[/QUOTE]

That is a major problem with eBay's feedback system. I'm not going to lie--I cringe sometimes when I read some of the posts in the CAG eBay threads. People are buying and selling with the attitude that this is the 1999 eBay website. It's not.

The reason why they removed the ability for a seller to leave a buyer negative feedback makes sense. For every justifiable negative there would be 100's of retaliatory negatives. In your example had the seller been able to leave you a negative you can bet he would of... just cause he had the ability. This understandably would have made you upset so you would have called up eBay and tried to get it removed--tying up resources and remember "time is money".

But back to your point. I have registered the domains "rateyourbuyer" and "rateyourseller" and one day would love to launch them so that you can search by eBay/Amazon/other marketplace buyer/seller usernames and e-mails and pull up matches. Then you would have unlimited space to "tell your story" including pictures and other information to back up your rating. Kind of like "ratemyproffessor" or something to that effect.

I've tried to pitch the idea to a few people who have a better understanding of web design then I do but nobody I've met yet wants to take on the idea.

Edit: I forgot to ask: Is this an eBay ID that you only buy on? I have one main ID and I buy and sell on it and I am hesitant to leave a lot of negative/neutral feedback, even if it is deserved because I don't want to look like one of those serial buyers that is always "having" (more like creating) problems as I don't want to get blocked and miss the opportunity to buy things later on.

My buying experiences are much like yours. I sell a lot and have very few problems but I would say at least 2/10 buying experiences (if not more) leave me disappointed. The most recent being I bought a new Black Ops II game that was listed as "new/sealed" and it arrived opened with the nuketown DLC removed.

When I contacted the buyer they stated it was opened because walmart security make them open it prior to leaving the store (problem with the sensormatic) and told me I could return it on my dime. I opened a case because they gave me a really shady return address and haven't heard anything since.

A picture says 1000 words. 3 pictures says WTF!

2ee06a34-bf43-434f-8dad-0697ed1f45ed_zps981534f0.jpg

0f9507aa-b87c-489a-8071-60b503c821ea_zpsa289630a.jpg

0575a0d6-f15f-402e-bc86-dd4b793cf021_zpsb69a7b34.jpg

So I take a long time to ship but it arrived on the first estimated date? OK.

HOW the hell do you run a company the scale of eBay which lets buyers leave low DSR for shipping/handling when they item CLEARLY was shipped and handled properly and you have PROOF of it.

^ Most people who shop online now are accustomed to a handling time of anything greater then one day. It's unfortunate that your buyer didn't read the listing but his mentality isn't much different from those who frequent these boards.

There can also be an issue with shipping too fast. I've had buyers that notice that they don't want the item after you already shipped it and they paid - one literally waited until I paid for postage and e-mailed me a minute later to cancel. I used to ship the day they paid but now I think I'm going to wait at least a day for them to make up their mind.

[quote name='GBAstar']^ Most people who shop online now are accustomed to a handling time of anything greater then one day. It's unfortunate that your buyer didn't read the listing but his mentality isn't much different from those who frequent these boards.[/QUOTE]

If you read a page back this person also wanted me to leave feedback BEFORE they received the item as they already paid (which it took them four days to do). They are just scum.

[quote name='Rozz']There can also be an issue with shipping too fast. I've had buyers that notice that they don't want the item after you already shipped it and they paid - one literally waited until I paid for postage and e-mailed me a minute later to cancel. I used to ship the day they paid but now I think I'm going to wait at least a day for them to make up their mind.[/QUOTE]

I've had people ask me to do weird crap. I forget the details at this point but some people want it sent special ways....one example being they bought it as a gift for a family member and didn't want them to find out.

[quote name='GBAstar']That is a major problem with eBay's feedback system. I'm not going to lie--I cringe sometimes when I read some of the posts in the CAG eBay threads. People are buying and selling with the attitude that this is the 1999 eBay website. It's not.

The reason why they removed the ability for a seller to leave a buyer negative feedback makes sense. For every justifiable negative there would be 100's of retaliatory negatives. In your example had the seller been able to leave you a negative you can bet he would of... just cause he had the ability. This understandably would have made you upset so you would have called up eBay and tried to get it removed--tying up resources and remember "time is money".

But back to your point. I have registered the domains "rateyourbuyer" and "rateyourseller" and one day would love to launch them so that you can search by eBay/Amazon/other marketplace buyer/seller usernames and e-mails and pull up matches. Then you would have unlimited space to "tell your story" including pictures and other information to back up your rating. Kind of like "ratemyproffessor" or something to that effect.

I've tried to pitch the idea to a few people who have a better understanding of web design then I do but nobody I've met yet wants to take on the idea.

Edit: I forgot to ask: Is this an eBay ID that you only buy on? I have one main ID and I buy and sell on it and I am hesitant to leave a lot of negative/neutral feedback, even if it is deserved because I don't want to look like one of those serial buyers that is always "having" (more like creating) problems as I don't want to get blocked and miss the opportunity to buy things later on.

My buying experiences are much like yours. I sell a lot and have very few problems but I would say at least 2/10 buying experiences (if not more) leave me disappointed. The most recent being I bought a new Black Ops II game that was listed as "new/sealed" and it arrived opened with the nuketown DLC removed.

When I contacted the buyer they stated it was opened because walmart security make them open it prior to leaving the store (problem with the sensormatic) and told me I could return it on my dime. I opened a case because they gave me a really shady return address and haven't heard anything since.[/QUOTE]

I actually like your idea, i think a website like that would be great.

and yes this is my only ebay ID.

[quote name='Barney']I actually like your idea, i think a website like that would be great.

and yes this is my only ebay ID.[/QUOTE]

The only reason why I ask is sometimes even if it is justified it's better to leave a soft positive (i.e. positive where you state what annoying things the seller did) and then ding their stars.

The reason is because other sellers may look at the feedback you've left for sellers and see that out of 10/50/100 feedbacks left you have a trend of leaving negatives and nuetrals and they may preemptively block you so you can't bid on their items.

I have a little thing I add in all my listings "please contact me beforehand if you are under 10+ feedback" (mostly because I sell alot of dlc on ebay for a good chunka change) and it scares the hell outa me im gonna get boned by a 0 feedback ebayer with an account made the SAME DAY, but low and behold, people still ignore it, so that point I doubt if they read the description. But do you think my fear is justified on people if I'm selling a new game New Sealed? (as in should I complete the transaction with the game?)

[quote name='Hemi']I have a little thing I add in all my listings "please contact me beforehand if you are under 10+ feedback" (mostly because I sell alot of dlc on ebay for a good chunka change) and it scares the hell outa me im gonna get boned by a 0 feedback ebayer with an account made the SAME DAY, but low and behold, people still ignore it, so that point I doubt if they read the description. But do you think my fear is justified on people if I'm selling a new game New Sealed? (as in should I complete the transaction with the game?)[/QUOTE]

People don't read crap....I do things like sell a pair of desktop memory sticks and in the description say "one stick not working".

Guy leaves me feedback saying:

Item condition misleading. Didn't see note about 1 stick not working.

Well no kidding douche, because the description SAID "one stick not working!".

If you don't put it in the title they don't know...

Also, yesterday, the guy who bought KOTOR from me sends me this:

do you accept returns? I didnt realize I cant play this game on the xbox 360. Please let me know, I will pay for the shipping return. Thank You.

My response:

as a policy I do not allow refunds. please consult the listing for this.

not to mention you can play IG on your 360

http://support.xbox.com/en-us/games/xbox-games/play-original-games

WTF! do people think im DUMB? or are they just that stupid...

edit: ignore the bad spelling/grammar in my response. When you send a message using the eBay for Android app it doesn't autocorrect. I was at work and didn't want to spend the time on that guy.

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']People don't read crap....I do things like sell a pair of desktop memory sticks and in the description say "one stick not working".

Guy leaves me feedback saying:

Well no kidding douche, because the description SAID "one stick not working!".

If you don't put it in the title they don't know...

Also, yesterday, the guy who bought KOTOR from me sends me this:

My response:

WTF! do people think im DUMB? or are they just that stupid...

edit: ignore the bad spelling/grammar in my response. When you send a message using the eBay for Android app it doesn't autocorrect. I was at work and didn't want to spend the time on that guy.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to say this with all the kindness I can muster and hopefully what I write is helpful.

You really shouldn't be selling on eBay unless you're willing to adapt to the "new" eBay and how it expects it sellers to operate. If you continue to have the "I'll sell how I want to and I'm not going to take any crap from any buyers" you won't be selling on eBay much longer. They don't need small sellers anymore. It is no longer the place it used to be where small sellers were King.

Regarding your "No return policy" why set it like that? eBay is going to allow buyers to return items (often at your expense) if you don't allow them to return them at their expense. All a buyer has to do within 45 days of purchase is file a Significantly Not as Described (SNAD) claim and you'll be accepting the return. Doesn't matter the reason and it doesn't matter the item.

Just because you have a return policy doesn't mean you're going to be renting games to buyers. I've mailed out hundreds of items and had two buyers request returns. In both instances I got the same game back in the same condition.

At that point you just open a cancellation request and once it is approved you get your fees back. No harm done. Yes you might have to relist the item and yes it might sell for less but it is better then causing a stink; if the buyer really wants to return the game you're going to be taking it back one way or another and at least by accepting the return you're not going to be out your fees and you're less likely to get your feedback and DSR's slammed.

And if you don't care about your feedback or DSR's.... then you really won't be selling on eBay for much longer.

And about the feedback.... eBay has explained to buyers that they have completed their obligation as a buyer once they have submitted payment. By withholding feedback you are going against the norm. You are going to see more and more buyers wondering where their feedback is if you withhold it, and you are going to give buyers more reasons to ding your stars.

It's not like you can leave negative feedback or false positives (i.e. positive feedback alluding that the buyer opened a case or is a scammer). By leaving false positives you open your self up to getting a violation against your account which again is one step closer to being forced off eBay.

If you really want to leave some sort of vindictive feedback against a buyer (for what reason I can only guess it makes you feel better?) then just leave follow up feedback after the sale.

To do that all you have to do is search for "follow up feedback" under the support link/tab in your browser when you are on the eBay website. On the following page you search for the buyer/sellers account and you can leave a follow up comment to your original feedback left.

Seriously though... read up on the rule changes and either decide you can play along or just stop selling. I'm not trying to sound like a dick but you'll be much happier either way because you'll either enlighten yourself to the current policies and have a better understanding of how a seller is supposed to act on eBay or you will realize that the new policies are abusrd and you aren't able to adapt and you'll save yourself the headache of trying to sell on eBay "Your way".

[quote name='GBAstar']I'm going to say this with all the kindness I can muster and hopefully what I write is helpful.

You really shouldn't be selling on eBay unless you're willing to adapt to the "new" eBay and how it expects it sellers to operate. If you continue to have the "I'll sell how I want to and I'm not going to take any crap from any buyers" you won't be selling on eBay much longer. They don't need small sellers anymore. It is no longer the place it used to be where small sellers were King.

Regarding your "No return policy" why set it like that? eBay is going to allow buyers to return items (often at your expense) if you don't allow them to return them at their expense. All a buyer has to do within 45 days of purchase is file a Significantly Not as Described (SNAD) claim and you'll be accepting the return. Doesn't matter the reason and it doesn't matter the item.

Just because you have a return policy doesn't mean you're going to be renting games to buyers. I've mailed out hundreds of items and had two buyers request returns. In both instances I got the same game back in the same condition.

At that point you just open a cancellation request and once it is approved you get your fees back. No harm done. Yes you might have to relist the item and yes it might sell for less but it is better then causing a stink; if the buyer really wants to return the game you're going to be taking it back one way or another and at least by accepting the return you're not going to be out your fees and you're less likely to get your feedback and DSR's slammed.

And if you don't care about your feedback or DSR's.... then you really won't be selling on eBay for much longer.

And about the feedback.... eBay has explained to buyers that they have completed their obligation as a buyer once they have submitted payment. By withholding feedback you are going against the norm. You are going to see more and more buyers wondering where their feedback is if you withhold it, and you are going to give buyers more reasons to ding your stars.

It's not like you can leave negative feedback or false positives (i.e. positive feedback alluding that the buyer opened a case or is a scammer). By leaving false positives you open your self up to getting a violation against your account which again is one step closer to being forced off eBay.

If you really want to leave some sort of vindictive feedback against a buyer (for what reason I can only guess it makes you feel better?) then just leave follow up feedback after the sale.

To do that all you have to do is search for "follow up feedback" under the support link/tab in your browser when you are on the eBay website. On the following page you search for the buyer/sellers account and you can leave a follow up comment to your original feedback left.

Seriously though... read up on the rule changes and either decide you can play along or just stop selling. I'm not trying to sound like a dick but you'll be much happier either way because you'll either enlighten yourself to the current policies and have a better understanding of how a seller is supposed to act on eBay or you will realize that the new policies are abusrd and you aren't able to adapt and you'll save yourself the headache of trying to sell on eBay "Your way".[/QUOTE]

If that guy messages me back with a different reason for returning the game I'll do it, but he said he wanted to return it because it didn't play on the 360. It does. Even if I didn't mention the return policy I still wasn't going to say yes based off of that one misinformed message....

As for the other ass clown who I "withheld feedback from".

I'm sorry, but a transaction is NOT over until the buyer receives the item and properly handles any disagreements with it/how it was shipped. Even if they think I shipped their item out too slow (which I didn't) or was stupid for not immediately leaving them feedback (which I didn't), what they did is not proper procedure either.

Leaving feedback on eBay is NOT mandatory. I would have left positive feedback once they got their item and didn't give me a hard time, as it is clearly obvious to me that the customer is a scumbag....but instead they get NO feedback, so whatever.

If it was the feedback they cared about they would have handled it differently.

I hate eBay. I use it because right now I need a little extra cash. As a matter of fact, now that my income tax has been returned and I've handled a quite expensive family issue I may not need it for a very long time. So, I will either stop selling very soon, or have no problem if they want to boot me off the site.

bread's done
Back