The General eBay Rant Thread

Does anyone here ship via UPS instead of USPS? I can't remember the last time I bought an item from ebay where the seller shipped UPS. But I have a drop box literally right around the corner from me, and all I'd have to do is print the label at home and just zoom around the corner and drop it off. It would save me soooo much time instead of going to the post office and waiting in their long lines and they are always understaffed, so a store with 3/4 registers almost always has only 1-2 people working.

Is there a reason no one uses UPS to ship on ebay? If not, I think that's what I'm going to do from now on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most USPS, well at least at my, let you just skip the line and place the package with the label on the counter and leave. I only have to do this if my package is too big for the drop box.

Does anyone here ship via UPS instead of USPS? I can't remember the last time I bought an item from ebay where the seller shipped UPS. But I have a drop box literally right around the corner from me, and all I'd have to do is print the label at home and just zoom around the corner and drop it off. It would save me soooo much time instead of going to the post office and waiting in their long lines and they are always understaffed, so a store with 3/4 registers almost always has only 1-2 people working.

Is there a reason no one uses UPS to ship on ebay? If not, I think that's what I'm going to do from now on.
I’ve shipped a few bigger packages through UPS on eBay. Best I remember the process was exactly the same; but I remember that you might not be charged for the label until UPS scans it in. Don’t quote me on that last part though.

People probably don't ship UPS too often because for smaller packages its cheaper to use USPS. If you have an incredibly large or bulky item, UPS can be cheaper, especially if its shipping across the country. UPS has a flat rate like USPS does too, not sure if most people know this, but there flat rates can definately save you money, but other than that, USPS is usually cheaper.

You

You can shedule USPS to pickup packages (within reason) from your home when they deliver your mail. May not work if you work outside the home, but there is always Saturday as well. I never go to the post office to ship things these days. Print the label via Paypal (even for non-ebay stuff) and have USPS pick it up from me at home. Easy peasy.

I work in the same mall as a post office so I bring my packages to work and go down there on my lunch break. There is only 1 register and ive never been behind more than 3 people. Usually im the only one in there. I have a scale and could print labels but by now myself and the post office employees enjoy the small chit chat. I tell them about my Ebay sales and they tell me what they bought from Ebay!

Messaged a buyer today about his address. He says Ebay abbreviated his street name and he can't change it.....bullshit! Took me and the post office lady to figure out it was "Perrin Beitel Rd" and not "Pern Betl".....

I cant stand when something I sold and know worked just fine is being claimed as broken............I already know Ebay would side with the Buyer so its a Lose-Lose situation! I guess I should be happy they took a partial refund.

Selling on eBay sucks now. Increased fees and higher shipping is bad enough but it seems like there's way more dumber buyers and scammers than ever. It used to be easy to sell on there but these new buyers are so fucking rude, dumb, and entitled that it makes me want to throw away items instead of selling them to these fucking idiots. I feel bad for anyone that resells full time because you're better off with a day job at this point, even if it's working at McDonalds.

1xl61r0qjf661.png

It’s been years since I had an eBay issue…but looks like I’ll have one now (as a buyer, of all things).

Got a hankering for good Mario Golf, so I ordered the GC version. Found a listing that showed the Target Bullseye edition (which is what I used to have years ago), so I grabbed it.

Today, I opened the package…and find the yellow label Player’s Choice version. Ugh.

Game is in great condition otherwise. But, I’m either getting what I paid for/they pictured, or I’m getting a refund.

Messaged them today to get it sorted out. I see now a few neutral/negative in their feedback. Thinking they’re getting a bit sloppy with their sales.

What's with the dicks filing INR cases on delayed USPS packages? It's not even noob idiots doing it, either. It's other seller accounts buying from you and trying to get free shit. They don't message you or anything, they wait the second they can file a claim and do so. Luckily it gets there a day or two later but so there's so many dickheads out there.

Been noticing this copypasta on more of my sold items. "Please don't include a receipt with the package and add a tracking number once you ship. Thank you". Are these really people who have already sold my item to someone else for more $? Not sure how when I'm on Ebay for top dollar or close to!

Been noticing this copypasta on more of my sold items. "Please don't include a receipt with the package and add a tracking number once you ship. Thank you". Are these really people who have already sold my item to someone else for more $? Not sure how when I'm on Ebay for top dollar or close to!
It could just be a gift so they don't want a receipt in there.

Had a guy offer to buy a kickstarter board game over the weekend and since it had sat for a few months I took it, sending him a response with the offered price. They claimed to have never gotten the offer (which is a bullshit lie because they can just access it by looking at the damn auction), so I feigned ignorance and dropped the price of the auction since I didn't give a shit if someone else bought it first. Told them I adjusted the price and they said their bank was closed but they'd definitely buy it Monday when they open (at this point I already know they're full of shit, but I play along).

Monday rolls around and I get a message from a different buyer asking if I'd drop the price further. Now, I can't prove it but I know it was the same jackass trying to get more money off since I had literally zero interest or offers from anyone in months on it. Told him nope, price was firm. Never heard back from either of 'them' but today I get ANOTHER message from ANOTHER person asking if I'd just sell the kickstarter exclusives because they're not interested in the base game.

I didn't even respond, fuck that clown.

Im really thinking people think im stupid! My prices are right at recently sold so im not going to go much cheaper YET they all offer half or even less than half of my initial price! Then I click on their page and theyre selling similar stuff! Im a reseller, I want around top dollar/average selling price! Im not on Ebay to cater to other resellers! Ive been doing this for 17 years, I know how to look up Recently Sold and I know where I have to be after shipping/listing fees. You know your offer is bad when I could trade it in to a game store or sell it locally and get more!!!

I've gotten multiple items over the last month or two where I went way low on my offer just to test the waters and they accepted. If you don't like the offer just ignore and move on.

Guy sends in a Not Delivered complaint 2 days after the package was ESTIMATED to be delivered! They attempted delivery on Saturday but could access the porch or drop off spot. Which means its at his local post office and they probably left a note. I told him in response to his email to me that he needs to call them or theyll send it back..........so naturally he opens a case! Which I once again message that he needs to call his local post office! I had this happen a month or 2 ago, package was at buyers PO for a week and it got sent back. I offered to ship it back to him no cost, little response. Wouldnt revise his negative. Ebay wont do shit about the Negative. So I probably have another one coming! These idiots are hurting my sales because I believe tons of people will ignore my 900 positives and move to a different seller because of 2 negatives....

Selling on eBay sucks now. Increased fees and higher shipping is bad enough but it seems like there's way more dumber buyers and scammers than ever. It used to be easy to sell on there but these new buyers are so fucking rude, dumb, and entitled that it makes me want to throw away items instead of selling them to these fucking idiots. I feel bad for anyone that resells full time because you're better off with a day job at this point, even if it's working at McDonalds.
Buying on ebay sucks too. Sellers are fully aware of what a shit show USPS is by now, but they still refuse to offer Priority Mail etc. I have no problem paying for shipping, but I want proper shipping. I only use ebay as a last resort for OOP items now. I actually put a neutral feedback on a seller that printed a shipping label early Friday and held onto the package until Monday. Do people really think I won't notice that laziness? Still annoyed I'm having such a hard time finding a Canadian BD release because amazon.ca no longer ships to the US.

;
Buying on ebay sucks too. Sellers are fully aware of what a shit show USPS is by now, but they still refuse to offer Priority Mail etc. I have no problem paying for shipping, but I want proper shipping. I only use ebay as a last resort for OOP items now. I actually put a neutral feedback on a seller that printed a shipping label early Friday and held onto the package until Monday. Do people really think I won't notice that laziness? Still annoyed I'm having such a hard time finding a Canadian BD release because amazon.ca no longer ships to the US.
USPS in my area of the country is backed up right now and has a shortage of workers so sometimes I drop a package off and they don't scan it for two days before it goes out. That could have very well happened to that seller. If someone is going to ship out one DVD they aren't going to go through the hassle of using UPS. Priority Mail is also experiencing delays in many cases, too. One Priority Mail package I sent to someone was held at my USPS for a week before it was shipped out. Luckily most buyers are mentally stable enough to understand the problems going on throughout the country right now and you can explain it to them without them taking their anger out on you. Even one of the UPS packages I sent out was delayed by a few days but the buyer didn't take their anger out on me. But if they did their ass would go on my block list and they would have one less good seller to buy from.

;
USPS in my area of the country is backed up right now and has a shortage of workers so sometimes I drop a package off and they don't scan it for two days before it goes out. That could have very well happened to that seller. If someone is going to ship out one DVD they aren't going to go through the hassle of using UPS. Priority Mail is also experiencing delays in many cases, too. One Priority Mail package I sent to someone was held at my USPS for a week before it was shipped out. Luckily most buyers are mentally stable enough to understand the problems going on throughout the country right now and you can explain it to them without them taking their anger out on you. Even one of the UPS packages I sent out was delayed by a few days but the buyer didn't take their anger out on me. But if they did their ass would go on my block list and they would have one less good seller to buy from.
Don't care. I'm about to do it again too. I ordered 2 things Thursday night. One from ebay, and one from a small site with cool shirts. Both were marked shipped on Friday with the same shipping method. My shirts just got here. The ebay package hasn't been received by USPS at all yet. Twice in a row. Like I won't notice that in the tracking.

edit: after 5pm there now and the other shipment still hasn't been scanned. "Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item" -- I think this guy just upped himself from neutral to negative.

At least you live up to your name
Yep. I hate ebay. Every time I look for El Camino, I get more annoyed. Idiots listing the Canadian BD for $30 when it's literally $10 on Amazon.ca but those assholes won't ship to the US anymore. I used to get packages from Japan faster than Canada anyway. I'm just pissed I can't get the standard case version for a reasonable price here. I don't want the bloody steelbook. Someone usually lists those on amazon.com at some point, but it's been a year now.

Yep. I hate ebay. Every time I look for El Camino, I get more annoyed. Idiots listing the Canadian BD for $30 when it's literally $10 on Amazon.ca but those assholes won't ship to the US anymore. I used to get packages from Japan faster than Canada anyway. I'm just pissed I can't get the standard case version for a reasonable price here. I don't want the bloody steelbook. Someone usually lists those on amazon.com at some point, but it's been a year now.
I heard a rumor that they stopped shipping items to the U.S. because one really nasty guy from the U.S. kept ordering from them over and over and whining and leaving bad feedback whenever his $10 Bluray disc was scanned a day later than he liked. Apparently he now has to pay three times the price on eBay where he's still not happy and somehow has a problem with every single order. He used to get packages faster when he ordered from Japan because they have good work ethic there but they weren't used to his confrontational American attitude so they had to also stop shipping orders to him. Once other sellers realized that he's interested in buying the product they stopped selling it indefinitely because they don't want to deal with him. Steelbook sellers are luckily safe because he hates those things.

Disc is $10...Dude wants to buy it from someone in Canada....but won't pay more then $10? They have to ship it from Canada, take fees out....so let's say $10 in total for that. That's $20 minimum....But you won't pay $30? Wow what an asshole.

Disc is $10...Dude wants to buy it from someone in Canada....but won't pay more then $10? They have to ship it from Canada, take fees out....so let's say $10 in total for that. That's $20 minimum....But you won't pay $30? Wow what an asshole.
Shipping and item price are separate. This guy is literally listing a C-$10 item for C-$38 AND asking for either $10 shipping or $25 (2 options). If he was asking the $10 the movie was worth, I might even do the $25 shipping option. Simple matter of principle.

Shipping and item price are separate. This guy is literally listing a C-$10 item for C-$38 AND asking for either $10 shipping or $25 (2 options). If he was asking the $10 the movie was worth, I might even do the $25 shipping option. Simple matter of principle.
Then no movie for you. It's a free market, they can charge whatever they want and you don't have to pay it. Oh well.

Selling on Ebay in general has become a hassle that's hardly worth the trouble anymore. And starting on January 1st, if you earn a cumulative $600 or more online, you've got to report it to income tax and pay a whopping 15.3% federal tax on it! And then you've got to pay a state income tax on top of that, making for easily a 20+% income tax on your sales. And that's on top of the sales tax Ebay is charging and collecting from the buyers!

Taxes and fee increases are killing online sales in general, and it feels like every single selling platform on the net has gone full on stupid with hiking their fees instead of trying to actually compete against each other.

Selling on Ebay in general has become a hassle that's hardly worth the trouble anymore. And starting on January 1st, if you earn a cumulative $600 or more online, you've got to report it to income tax and pay a whopping 15.3% federal tax on it! And then you've got to pay a state income tax on top of that, making for easily a 20+% income tax on your sales. And that's on top of the sales tax Ebay is charging and collecting from the buyers!

Taxes and fee increases are killing online sales in general, and it feels like every single selling platform on the net has gone full on stupid with hiking their fees instead of trying to actually compete against each other.
Good. Look at this past year. People still can't get game consoles, GPUs, etc because of ebay assholes hoarding them to resell.

They're cutting into our margins sure, but I tend to only flip something I'm making double to triple on for it to be worth my time moonlighting anyway. Usually I see it as a way to pay for hobbies by offsetting purchases for me with the extra copies.

I think in IL I already had to mention Ebay on my taxes if I had only like 20 transactions totaling $400+. Its bullshit when youre selling used items mostly! The original owner paid sales tax on the item, I paid sales tax again on that item if I get it at a thrift store, then the people buying it from me have to pay sales tax now. What is that.... quadruple dipping?

I think in IL I already had to mention Ebay on my taxes if I had only like 20 transactions totaling $400+. Its bullshit when youre selling used items mostly! The original owner paid sales tax on the item, I paid sales tax again on that item if I get it at a thrift store, then the people buying it from me have to pay sales tax now. What is that.... quadruple dipping?
Blame ebay and everyone else for not having the balls to fight sales tax for used shit. Online sales tax is ridiculous to begin with. If you walk into a store in Indiana, you pay the Indiana tax rate, but if you order from the same place online you're expected to pay your own state? fuck them.

Drives me crazy when someone tells me my item doesnt work (SNES game)....... I dont have the time to list, sell, and ship broken items! Ive been on there way too long to just rip people off! If it played on my Retron 5 and backed up to my Polymega then Im pretty sure its your dirty SNES.

When buyers dont want to put any effort into getting their "missing" packages..... Had a package returned to me last month because they guy never bothered to call his local post office and have them reschedule delivery so it sat there until they sent it back.

Npw, guy says he never got his package yesterday despite the tracking saying it was delivered..... he opens up a refund claim! I tell him he needs to ask his neighbors, go to the post office or call them and give them the tracking number, etc. He says "... well maybe Ebay can help". And I hate to be like that but its always people who you can tell dont speak/write English as a main language.

ONCE I GIVE THE PACKAGE TO THE POST OFFICE ITS OUT OF MY HANDS MORONS! IM NOT YOUR DELIVERY DRIVER! /rant

ONCE I GIVE THE PACKAGE TO THE POST OFFICE ITS OUT OF MY HANDS MORONS! IM NOT YOUR DELIVERY DRIVER! /rant
Of course you are. Or do you shrug it off when a package from your retailer of choice doesn't show up or shows up damaged? You are the retailer. The package is your responsibility until it arrives safely in the buyer's hands.

I do enjoy your unrealistic, unreasonable rants though. Please keep it up!

Yeah, if you're selling online you absolutely have to shrug off the people out to screw you. It will happen and if you're unable to be solvent when it does, give up selling. And unless you're offloading something used you don't need anymore, never sell stuff you're not making at least double your ROI. I aim for at least triple my money back before committing to reselling because if I do get screwed, the other sales will offset it. Just my advice, anyway.

If it says "delivered" IT IS OUT OF MY HANDS. Take it up with your post office, apartment, the police. I dont owe you a refund and Ebay will side with me in the case.

Edit to respond to others- Ive been selling since 2004. I have 972 Positive Feedbacks, maybe 4 Neutrals, and 4 Negatives total. Thats a 99% rate. Half those Neutrals and Negatives are from just the last year beccause Buyers are getting dumber and dumber! Im not going to quit selling because I have a few "problems". The whole point of this thread is "eBay Rant" so dont bitch when I come in here to bitch about something on Ebay! Also I am currently selling off a bunch of stuff im not making a lot on, games I backed up to my Polymega or replaced with Everdrives. So I know it all works, it was part of my personal collection.

And as far as insurance goes- Ive had 4 packages in 17 years show up broken. Some beer steins, a mirror leg inside a projector, a NES cartridge, and one of those huge reel to reel players showed up damaged. Those were all things I couldve packaged better so it was on me. I think I had to refund 1 missing package and the tracking never said "Delivered".

If it says "delivered" IT IS OUT OF MY HANDS. Take it up with your post office, apartment, the police. I dont owe you a refund and Ebay will side with me in the case.
And again wrong. If the package is damaged and the buyer opens up a not as described case, you are responsible no matter how unfortunate that may be.

Buy insurance for anything you're not willing to eat the cost on.
Insurance is a scam. Unless you're selling something worth thousands, the money you'd spend every time you're afraid of getting burned will eventually add up to equal or more the one time something does go wrong. If you're losing enough packages to buyers or the post office to warrant insurance, then it's not worth the risk regardless.

Insurance is a scam. Unless you're selling something worth thousands, the money you'd spend every time you're afraid of getting burned will eventually add up to equal or more the one time something does go wrong. If you're losing enough packages to buyers or the post office to warrant insurance, then it's not worth the risk regardless.
I'm going to disagree because I've gotten insurance to cover 2 shipments totaling $1300. I've probably paid under $400 total on insurance.

bread's done
Back