The General eBay Rant Thread

[quote name='kodave']Not a rant from me, but probably the other side of a rant from someone else: I really fucked up on "sniping" an auction today for the first time ever. Let's just say I misplaced a decimal point and just clicked through the confirm popup because there was only 2 seconds left. The good news is, I think the seller can just do a Second Chance offer and probably get more for the item than he might have otherwise because there was someone else bidding awfully high too. I feel like a dick and am a dick for getting sloppy with this "snipe" attempt, but at the same time, I'm not draining my bank account for an absurd mistake, even though it was my fault. And at least I notified him immediately. I could alternatively just have not said anything, not paid and received my first ever (and likely last ever) non-payment strike, which wouldn't affect much after 30 days.[/QUOTE]

At least you were responsible about it. Nothing pisses me off more than when someone bids and never even bothers to respond about not paying for the item. It ends up wasting more than a week of my time with filing and closing the case, and relisting the item.

What's pissing me off lately is I went to strict BIN listings requiring Immediate Payment due to problems with people bidding on auctions and never paying or even messaging. I have had 6 items this week that buyers have somehow been able to bypass the Immediate Payment requirement only to never pay. eBay claims they had no idea how people are bypassing it but of course will not let me open UPI cases early.

I am very mad.

Won an untested virtual boy with 3 games for 50 3 weeks ago. Guy sends a message a week later saying he just moved and can't find it but will keep looking. He then ignores me for a week ignoring 3 messages before randomly refunding me. Waits a few days and relists for 180. Guy had 100% feedback. Not anymore. (Not to mention an absurd price. There isn't a rare game or anything, lmao. Might get 80-100)

I've had a similar case before. I sniped a Black Ops Prestige for $90 new when it was worth $200 - $300 at the time and the seller said they had mailed it even though there was no tracking #. I never received it and they said they would just refund me and take it as a loss. I'm pretty sure they just relisted it for a higher BIN price and never shipped it. I neg'd their account when they had a near perfect rating at the time.

On the flip side, they still had to pay the eBay fees on it still so I guess I take some comfort that they had to eat the costs which was about $10 ::shrug::

kodave - I would leave it alone since as you said you don't want to risk any blowback on your associated AMZ accounts.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='granturismo']If you negative feedback, don't they just do it back?[/QUOTE]

A buyer can't receive anything but positive feedback so that would be impossible. The seller could leave a "false positive" for the buyer... something like:

"+" Buyer is a scammer, filed fraudulent claim....

^ But leaving false positives is a policy violation and if you get reported enough times they can shut your account down

Crappy sellers in the past just opened the door for crappy buyers now, I wouldn't be surprised if they are the same people.

[quote name='GBAstar']A buyer can't receive anything but positive feedback so that would be impossible. The seller could leave a "false positive" for the buyer... something like:

"+" Buyer is a scammer, filed fraudulent claim....

^ But leaving false positives is a policy violation and if you get reported enough times they can shut your account down[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, i resisted giving negative feedback a lot to avoid them doing the same.

[quote name='granturismo']Oh wow, i resisted giving negative feedback a lot to avoid them doing the same.[/QUOTE]

That is why, according to eBay, they removed the ability for sellers to leave buyers negative feedback.

They claimed that in most instances if a buyer left a seller negative feedback it was almost a guarantee that the seller was going to leave retaliatory negative feedback....

...which I'm sure is true. It makes it more difficult to pick up on a bad buyer now though. You can use sites like www.toolhaus.org to see the type of feedback that a buyer leaves (it will show negatives/neutrals left) but most good scammers don't leave feedback at all because they are smart enough where they don't want to leave a visible trail.

one rant of mine: eBay giving sellers only 5 feedback revision requests for buyers for every 1,000 sales.

Jesus that's just half of 1% of sales! I've had buyers mistakenly leave false negatives on my account when they meant it to be positive. It rarely happens but that makes no sense to limit that request. A buyer doesn't have to do it unless they want to anyway. The times I've had my feedback revised are only when I actually send the request and it shows up in their inbox. The buyer never initiates it and takes care of it on their own. They want their hands held so I need to go through the request so they can change it themselves. If I hit 5 revisions and get left with a false negative, chances are good that the buyer will respond to my email and say "yeah sorry that was a mistake" but not do anything unless I send the request for them. But then I'll have hit my limit by then. That is sooooo stupid.

[quote name='Donut2922']one rant of mine: eBay giving sellers only 5 feedback revision requests for buyers for every 1,000 sales.

Jesus that's just half of 1% of sales! I've had buyers mistakenly leave false negatives on my account when they meant it to be positive. It rarely happens but that makes no sense to limit that request. A buyer doesn't have to do it unless they want to anyway. The times I've had my feedback revised are only when I actually send the request and it shows up in their inbox. The buyer never initiates it and takes care of it on their own. They want their hands held so I need to go through the request so they can change it themselves. If I hit 5 revisions and get left with a false negative, chances are good that the buyer will respond to my email and say "yeah sorry that was a mistake" but not do anything unless I send the request for them. But then I'll have hit my limit by then. That is sooooo stupid.[/QUOTE]

I've actually contacted eBay CSR about that. Their response was that they want you resolve issues with your buyer BEFORE they leave feedback. And I understand their stance and it would make sense if the majority of feedback revision requests were used the way the think they are (i.e. you provided poor customer serivce--->buyer leaves negative---->you rectify the situation---->buyer revises feedback accordingly)

HOWEVER as you mentiond the majority of the feedbacks I have had to try and revise will be something like:

"Negative" : Good Seller

^ Not kidding. I've gotten negatives and neutrals with comments like "Good Seller" or "Good Item" with no explanation as to why they chose that rating.

Other things I've gotten:

"Negative" Didn't receive item:

Follow-up from buyer: Sorry.... wrong seller! Please disregard

^ and either way eBay requires you submit a feedback revision request to get those moved. Even the ones where the buyer admits in the feedback that they made a mistake or left it for the wrong buyer eBay STILL requires that you use a feedback request revision.

Not exactly a rant, but I figure you guys might have seen something like this before.

I had two packages sold on eBay to mail out (one via Media Mail and one via Priority). When I got to the post office after class, the line was pretty long (the entire lobby was full and people were lining up outside), so I left my stuff in the usual area where they accept prepaid packages.

The next day, I took a look to see if they were on their way - and both of them had been scanned as delivered at the post office that afternoon.

I haven't had a chance to drop by or call the post office yet, and USPS customer service hasn't replied to my complaint. How hosed am I?

[quote name='GBAstar']I've actually contacted eBay CSR about that. Their response was that they want you resolve issues with your buyer BEFORE they leave feedback. And I understand their stance and it would make sense if the majority of feedback revision requests were used the way the think they are (i.e. you provided poor customer serivce--->buyer leaves negative---->you rectify the situation---->buyer revises feedback accordingly)

HOWEVER as you mentiond the majority of the feedbacks I have had to try and revise will be something like:

"Negative" : Good Seller

^ Not kidding. I've gotten negatives and neutrals with comments like "Good Seller" or "Good Item" with no explanation as to why they chose that rating.

Other things I've gotten:

"Negative" Didn't receive item:

Follow-up from buyer: Sorry.... wrong seller! Please disregard

^ and either way eBay requires you submit a feedback revision request to get those moved. Even the ones where the buyer admits in the feedback that they made a mistake or left it for the wrong buyer eBay STILL requires that you use a feedback request revision.[/QUOTE]

I thought buyers didn't need a feedback revision form to be submitted by the seller to change their feedback - even so it really shouldn't matter when the buyer is the one that chooses to change it in the end. So limiting it to only 5 for every 1,000 is just asinine. Corporations will spend tons of money on customer service but I swear sometimes the most fundamental processes should just be set by common sense.

I've gotten invites from eBay to attend workshops to voice my opinions but I have a day job so I can never attend these things otherwise I would. But I'd be surprised if other sellers have never mentioned issues like this to them either. Apparently, nothing changes. They only seem motivated to change when big brother Amazon is kicking their butt.

So it seems like I couldn't get a consensus on my question from the last page, so I'll ask again in case anybody knew: For a multi-quantity BIN listing, does eBay charge an insertion fee for each quantity in a listing (i.e. the quantity xfee) or do they charge per listing only (i.e. once xfee)?

[quote name='Lemstar']Not exactly a rant, but I figure you guys might have seen something like this before.

I had two packages sold on eBay to mail out (one via Media Mail and one via Priority). When I got to the post office after class, the line was pretty long (the entire lobby was full and people were lining up outside), so I left my stuff in the usual area where they accept prepaid packages.

The next day, I took a look to see if they were on their way - and both of them had been scanned as delivered at the post office that afternoon.

I haven't had a chance to drop by or call the post office yet, and USPS customer service hasn't replied to my complaint. How hosed am I?[/QUOTE]

I had this same exact thing happen to me not too long ago. Checking it's still showing up as delivered to my post office on 12-22-13. I took the DC# to the post office and they were able to print up a page that had the correct information.

The hell is with ebay capping the shipping charges? I'm assuming it's because assholes will jack up the shipping charges to ridiculous amounts, but if you're too stupid to check the price of shipping before you bid than tough shit imo.

I'm selling some stuff that would cost more than what they cap it at to ship.

[quote name='Donut2922']I thought buyers didn't need a feedback revision form to be submitted by the seller to change their feedback - even so it really shouldn't matter when the buyer is the one that chooses to change it in the end. So limiting it to only 5 for every 1,000 is just asinine. Corporations will spend tons of money on customer service but I swear sometimes the most fundamental processes should just be set by common sense.

I've gotten invites from eBay to attend workshops to voice my opinions but I have a day job so I can never attend these things otherwise I would. But I'd be surprised if other sellers have never mentioned issues like this to them either. Apparently, nothing changes. They only seem motivated to change when big brother Amazon is kicking their butt.

So it seems like I couldn't get a consensus on my question from the last page, so I'll ask again in case anybody knew: For a multi-quantity BIN listing, does eBay charge an insertion fee for each quantity in a listing (i.e. the quantity xfee) or do they charge per listing only (i.e. once xfee)?[/QUOTE]

I only sell BIN (well almost only). You only get charged for the initial listing (unless it is a variant listing---usually seen in clothing if you have different colors or styles and use drop down boxes on one main listing instead of creating individual listings for each color and style)

So basically if you create a listing with a quantity of say 10 (just an example) you only get charged the regular fee. If you set it up as GTC (good till cancelled) it will run forever and you will be charged the insertion fee every thirty days. It will only end if you cancel the listing or sell out of inventory. If you sell out and choose to relist more you will have to pay to insert it again. You can however edit the quantity at any time and add or subtract units.

[quote name='hotpocket']The hell is with ebay capping the shipping charges? I'm assuming it's because assholes will jack up the shipping charges to ridiculous amounts, but if you're too stupid to check the price of shipping before you bid than tough shit imo.

I'm selling some stuff that would cost more than what they cap it at to ship.[/QUOTE]

You can use calculated shipping to get around it. The only problem is you risk getting a low DSR for shipping costs. When I sold a Guitar Hero bundle last year, there was no way I was shipping it for $4 since on an item like that the shipping costs varied a lot. Like under $10 to ship it within a few hours away, almost $20 to ship it to the other end of the country.

[quote name='GBAstar']I only sell BIN (well almost only). You only get charged for the initial listing (unless it is a variant listing---usually seen in clothing if you have different colors or styles and use drop down boxes on one main listing instead of creating individual listings for each color and style)

So basically if you create a listing with a quantity of say 10 (just an example) you only get charged the regular fee. If you set it up as GTC (good till cancelled) it will run forever and you will be charged the insertion fee every thirty days. It will only end if you cancel the listing or sell out of inventory. If you sell out and choose to relist more you will have to pay to insert it again. You can however edit the quantity at any time and add or subtract units.[/QUOTE]

So that means that in a 30 day list period, the BIN with x10 quantity will cost the same as the BIN with x1 quantity? It would be more cost effective to list all quantities in one listing?

[quote name='Donut2922']So that means that in a 30 day list period, the BIN with x10 quantity will cost the same as the BIN with x1 quantity? It would be more cost effective to list all quantities in one listing?[/QUOTE]

Yep. Exactly how it works.

You will however be charged final value fees (FVF) for each item sold.

If a buyer purchases three in one transaction (let's pretend the items cost $50 each) you will be charged the FVF on $50 x 3 for that transaction.

Not $50 x1

or $150 x1

^ Just incase you didn't know the FVF on $50 x3 is more then $150 x 1

So it looks like starting May 1st Video Game Fees will jump 1% on non-store sales. Looks like Ebay is going with a flat 10% fee. Kind of sucks for the occasional seller like myself. The discounts for having a store might work out for some people with high volume.

For the second time in the past couple months, got one of these gems: "the auction didn't sell for as much as I wanted so I'm going to re-list, sorry".

Some of these idiots think that every 99 cent auction results in some big bidding war and don't realize they might actually have to sell at 99 cents.

[quote name='GBAstar']Yep. Exactly how it works.

You will however be charged final value fees (FVF) for each item sold.

If a buyer purchases three in one transaction (let's pretend the items cost $50 each) you will be charged the FVF on $50 x 3 for that transaction.

Not $50 x1

or $150 x1

^ Just incase you didn't know the FVF on $50 x3 is more then $150 x 1[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Yeah I figured the FVF were per quantity, just wanted to know for future reference if I'm better off listing BIN quantities all at once instead of per listing with respect to insertion fees.

Anyone see this?

New seller protections

Interesting, so if a buyer claims an item isn't delivered and delivery confirmation says it was delivered and you refuse to refund and they leave you a negative, it should get removed since if you have the delivery confirmation number showing delivery, you should win the dispute.

I have never had that happen before though since when a scammer tries to tell me they didn't get the item and I reply to them with the delivery confirmation number I don't hear back from them

When does what Lemstar quoted take effect?

I have a buyer who is claiming he didn't receive his game despite USPS DC showing delivered. Typically in this situation I tell them to

A) speak with their neighbors
B) speak with their carrier
C) File mail fraud paperwork with USPS

I've never had a buyer bother to follow through and this one seems lazy as hell (wants me to do all the work).

I'm starting to get frustrated and I already know I'll win the case as the DC shows delivered I just don't want to eat 4 low DSR's and negative feedback if I can avoid it.

However if his feedback/DSR won't count then it makes me decision to tell him to pound it that much easier

Not sure if its the same for everyone but I got this email on Tuesday
2013 SPRING SELLER UPDATE

FREE fixed price listings* and 15% lower fees for you!

Dear ,

As an eBay seller, you're in the best possible position to reach the millions of buyers flocking to the world's largest marketplace—many of them looking for just what you're selling. Updates coming this spring will make it easier than ever for you to cash in on that opportunity.

New: List FREE*—Auction-style or fixed price.
Starting April 16, your 50 free listings* per month can be Auction-style or fixed price. You pay one flat 10% final value fee—regardless of how you sell—only when your item sells.
Get a FREE listing scheduler for more control over when your listings start and end.
Great news for you: Based on your recent sales, your fees will be 15% lower than they are today!
eBay's taking action to reduce unpaid items and keep your inventory available
Starting in May, most fixed price and Auction-style listings purchased with Buy It Now will continue to be available for sale until a buyer pays.
When you accept a Best Offer in the Art, Jewelry & Watches, and Computers & Tablets categories, your items will be available for sale until the buyer commits and, in most cases, pays.
Starting in April, if you do get an unpaid item, you'll be able to file a claim more quickly, cutting two days from the time until your item is relisted.
Protection for your rating when you win a case

Starting in May, when you win an eBay Buyer Protection case, any feedback and related Detailed Seller Ratings (DSRs) left by the buyer on that transaction will be removed from your record.

Opt in now to manage your business policies the easy way

The new business policies functionality announced last year lets you define your shipping, return, and payment policies once and apply them to your listings with just a few clicks. This new functionality is available for all sellers so opt in now—all sellers will be opted in by default starting in late June.

Category updates

As always, eBay categories are updated to continually improve the shopping experience and help ensure interested buyers are able to find your items. Updates are coming the week of April 29 to the following categories. Find out how your listings may be affected:
Business & Industrial
Coins & Paper Money
Consumer Electronics
Cell Phones & Accessories
Health & Beauty
Home & Garden
Jewelry & Watches
eBay Motors
Pet Supplies
Sporting Goods
Sports Memorabilia, Cards & Fan Shop
Toys & Hobbies
Video Games & Consoles
More information
Get details on the 2013 Spring Seller Update.
Use the Seller Checklist to stay on top of important dates.
For additional insight, you're invited to talk with members of my staff during the next two days on a special discussion board we've set up for this purpose, and join me and other leaders from eBay in a Town Hall meeting on March 20 from 3:30-5:00 pm PT.
As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

Sincerely,
Michael Jones
Vice President,
Seller Development

I'm going to share a little spat that I had with another ebay user. The names will be removed to protect their privacy; they certainly haven't earned that courtesy, though. This was over an Ass Creed: Bro Hood CE (minus the game) that I bought for a person in Poland (long story). The seller wasn't quite honest with what they were selling, though. This is what ensued (no hope for the human race--none at all):

Dear person,

Hi there, I just got this today, and I kind of feel like you sent me the wrong one. You have it listed as new other, so I was expecting a condition that matched that. The box is really gnarled up, though. The top is smushed, the slipcase is in pretty ratty condition, and it's covered in stickers. In fact, the front has stickers on it, which are NOT in the picture you have listed. That picture also shows a key, which this does not come with. I realize that you said it does not come with a key, but that just makes me feel like that is not a picture of the item you were selling. You also shipped it in a box that was too small, which I was really surprised to see.

That block of text aside, I really do need to return this, obviously.Please send me your return address.

Cheers

me

Dear me,

This item was being sold As-Is, without the key as stated in the listing. This item is brand new, never sold to the public. Assume that the box was opened in store and game was stolen from it.
This was in the listing:
The majority of my items are the result of Estate Sales, Auctions, Etc. Some items I sell as a Trading Assistant. For these reasons I sell items As-Is unless stated. These items will not be in MINT condition unless otherwise stated. The item description is not all inclusive and only major or gross flaws may be disclosed. Expect each item to have some wear or use consistent with being previously owned unless stated. I will do my best to describe each item including flaws or damage; however I am not an expert of each item that is listed. So if a particular aspect or condition is important to you, please ask for more photos prior to placing your bid.
Thank you

- person

Dear person,

I know it wasn't supposed to have the key. I specifically said that I already know that. I was bringing that up for some of my reasoning as to why I don't believe the item you sent me is the item you have pictured.The item you sent me does not match new other. You also shipped it in a box that was too small (who in the world does that?!) and I'm sure that didn't help the condition of it at all. Accept the return, or look forward to a claim--period.

- me

Dear me,

you may as well file a claim i guess. i listed as i saw fit. if i get dinged for this, well just have to see how it goes. i believe there are big problems with buyers bidding on stuff from their phones without paying any mind to the listing itself. (im guilty as well!) the biggest problem i have had are with you people buying video game stuff. the only problem i see that you have after getting the item and finally reading the listing is that the box isnt the same as the one pictured, but who would keep the box anyway? every box my son has opened has been destroyed and thrown away. and if this was being bought for "collectible value" it sure wont be worth much without the game and key anyway.

- person

Dear person,

I very much read what I was buying. Perhaps I didn't make this clear enough in my previous messages. I knew that it did not come with the key. I am bringing that up as evidence for why I am positive that the item you sent me is not the item pictured. You have also COMPLETELY ignored my points thus far. The picture shows no stickers on the box and no wear. The one you sent me is worn and covered in stickers. You also sent it in a box that was too small, which caused some smushing type damage on the way. Why are you ignoring these very valid points?

Aside from this nonsense, I checked with the person I bought this for, and they are alright with it. You are a dishonest seller, though. Not only did you refuse a return for an item that clearly doesn't match your description/picture, but you listed a picture of an item that was not what you sent. I will be leaving negative feedback and reporting the listing. I buy on here a lot, and I REALLY don't appreciate those types of selling practices at all.

- me

Dear me,

I really wish that you would just file a claim to return instead. That would be the best way to have an outsider try and help you realize that you bought somethis as is, didnt pay any attention to the listing description, and even though you have finally read it, you still think you should be able to have your way and return it. If you recall, i messaged you and said that it could not be sent for the shipping to whereever you live. You said to send it media mail and if it gets opened and charged more you would pay for it. Whos the dishonest one?

(This happened in a separate message before all this, so I left it out because it was not part of this convo.)

- person

Dear person,

I'm only going to say this one more time. I did read the bloody details before buying it. I KNOW/KNEW IT DOESN'T COME WITH THE KEY. Do you understand? Do you dig? I get that now, and I got that then. I thought it was odd that the picture included the key, but I thought nothing of it. I did think something of it, though, when the item I received clearly wasn't what was pictured. Have you noticed that you have still completely ignored (is it 3 times now?) that the item you sent me is not the one pictured. Why is it that you're ignoring that? Gee, there's a tough question. You sold an item that does not match the description and is different from what is pictured. HOW DARE I think I am entitled to a refund in this situation. You honestly have to be kidding me! You just have to be. No human being is that backwards. I refuse to believe it. I also just said that I will not be returning it because the recipient is alright with the condition (they mainly wanted the jack in the box). Do you understand that? You seem to have problems with reading comprehension. Last, but not least, you have turned to simple mud slinging. You have ignored my points, and are now simply going "Yeah, well you did this!"

Please only respond to me if you can meet all of the following requirements:
1. You will finally get it through your thick skull that I read the description prior to buying, and I understood what was to be included (which does not include the key).
2. You can finally admit (Or at least respond to the accusation) that the item you have pictured is not what was sent.
3. You can admit (Or, once again, at least respond to the fact) that the box you sent it in was too small and caused damage (I think a 10 year old would be able to figure this one out).
4. You explain to me, in completely reasonable and objective terms, how exactly I have done something wrong and how you are somehow in the right here.

- me

(I know this is long, but I reckon those that have the fortitude to get through it will have a good laugh.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not just leave the negative feedback and part ways at this point? It's moot to even message the person and keep nagging them. Personally I would report you for harassment. If you're not asking for a refund or filing a claim form and keeping the item, just shut up and walk away. Yes, I agree that the item being misrepresented is shady, but why beat it into the ground? People are going to do what they are going to do, and its all over ebay. Also, Why should they have to justify anything to you after the exchange of messages that has already taken place? Seems like at this point you're just trolling them for the sake of trolling.

I do get a kick out of pointing out people's blatant stupidity and talking them into a corner. There is no doubt about this. I only ever responded to his messages. The only time I contacted him first was my initial query about the damaged and misrepresented item. I certainly wasn't just sending him messages nagging him. I was initially angling for a return, actually. I checked with the item's recipient before filing the claim, though, and he ended up being okay with it, which surprised me. I mentioned that in our correspondence.

I do realize that people generally suck, and they are going to do what they are going to do anyway. I suppose that I just view the world through my own eyes--funny that, eh? If I was completely in the wrong, as he is, and someone so thoroughly pointed it out to me, I would re-assess my selling practices. I do realize that this is merely a pipe dream, but I can certainly hope that I get through to someone--even if it is only 1/100. Also, his shady practices annoyed me, and I derived pleasure from making him look like a fool... lol

Hoping to be done selling on eBay for a while. Hate the fees and the ridiculous scams out there make me not want to sell there if I can avoid it.

That was an excellent read to me zaku. I recently had a seller tell me he was going to report me to ebay for threatening negative feedback on them. After a bit of discourse on my part it all went well. I hope your able to get satisfaction here.

Are watchers on BIN auctions generally just other sellers watching what yours sells for? I've got a few watchers on some games Ive priced at a premium just to see if I can get it, but no one is biting.

The watchers could be involved in an auction and your product is a fallback option.

Had one guy bid and win 5 of my auctions today. Never had more than 2 before.

I hate it when other eBay sellers report DLC listings I may post up.

Since eBay doesn't actively search for these it's never the buyer it's just competitive sellers trying to screw others. Whenever that happens to me, I report every single listing of the same DLC to make sure I get back at the seller that started it. I am not naive enough to concern myself with another seller making me lose out on another $4. Simple supply vs. demand will always dicate that you will end up selling it to help defray your preorder cost.

Last time I did that on the Amazon DLC for Dead Space 3 and my listing got taken down when it was getting a fair amount of bids. I immediately reported every other similar listing at the time and they all got taken down on that same day. Sometimes I suspect it's just actual cags since the average seller doesn't know or even bother about the reporting DLC option. I'm aware it's against the rules so that's how the system works, but my point is other sellers that want to go about the reporting route just be careful because we can all retaliate just as easily :)

I don't go out of my way unless somebody wants to try to screw me over. Kharma and common sense says nothing happens to you unless you provoke others. So we should all just get rid of our extra bonuses, keep our money, and move. It's better than nobody making money and all getting in trouble.

[quote name='Donut2922']I hate it when other eBay sellers report DLC listings I may post up.

Since eBay doesn't actively search for these it's never the buyer it's just competitive sellers trying to screw others. Whenever that happens to me, I report every single listing of the same DLC to make sure I get back at the seller that started it. I am not naive enough to concern myself with another seller making me lose out on another $4.

Kharma and common sense says nothing happens to you unless you provoke others.
[/QUOTE]

Holy contradiction batman.

Well you obviously provoked others cause karma paid you a visit.

I said I only bother doing it when something of mine gets taken down. I don't care if others sell theirs. It really doesn't affect me that much. But when some jerk wants to screw me, I'll then go out of my way to make sure his/her listing gets removed is my point. How is that a contradiction when my listing gets removed first and I do it back to them? You obviously misread my post.

It's a contradiction because the majority of the people selling it didn't report yours, and you actually don't know that the person who reported it was even selling it at all. That's like saying, someone broke my window, it might have been someone who lives on my street, so I'm going to go break every window on this street! It's absurd, petty, and reactionary in the worst way.

I'll concede it's petty and reactionary. I don't agree with absurd. Of course it's going to stir up a reaction.

Yes, all of the reportings are anonymous but that makes no sense to report an online listing of something that has no meaning to you. It obviously does, because you searched for it. That's like me looking up modded PSP's on eBay to report to be taken down. If I was doing that, I'm obviously looking to buy one or sell one. As a buyer, it wouldn't make sense to remove something I'm interested in. As a seller, the motivation is pretty clear which is my main gripe. The only obscure reason is to just police something for the sake of policing it. That's a pretty big reach.

My main point and gripe are people reporting others simply to help themselves thinking it's not possible any kharma comes back to them. Am I reacting to being targeted? Sure. My motivation isn't the same as the initial push.

It's still pretty cheap to screw over potentially multiple people just because someone screwed you over. I've dealed with jackass seller rivals myself that before and I just relist as many times as it takes.

If the consequences weren't big, I wouldn't care and just relist too. But after 3 strikes within 3 months you get your account suspended for a week. Somebody else posted getting dinged for similiar violations more than 3 and he got suspended for 6 months - 1 year? Or it was even closed entirely I think.

[quote name='Bing147']It's a contradiction because the majority of the people selling it didn't report yours, and you actually don't know that the person who reported it was even selling it at all. That's like saying, someone broke my window, it might have been someone who lives on my street, so I'm going to go break every window on this street! It's absurd, petty, and reactionary in the worst way.[/QUOTE]

:lol:
Agreed. Pretty surprised at what he said and does. I have had a couple listings removed for trivial reasons that somebody reported as no way would ebay have looked for it themselves, and while it is tempting to work out who and why it's a frivolous exercise. You could easily have had some idiot just browsing to buy and deciding to report, or somebody you had a bad encounter with before stalking your items to get back at you. Hitting out at everyone else for it is just not right.

Ok I sent out Resident evil zero so the guy could send the correct game. I got a message that he has no working copy of Resident evil remake.

In the guys auction it said he tested all of his games.

He said I can get full refund or get other games up to 8 dollars I paid for the game. What should I do?

[quote name='tcbys']Ok I sent out Resident evil zero so the guy could send the correct game. I got a message that he has no working copy of Resident evil remake.

In the guys auction it said he tested all of his games.

He said I can get full refund or get other games up to 8 dollars I paid for the game. What should I do?[/QUOTE]

Just take a refund. Everyone messes up sometimes.

Think I may have my first opened case, since I started selling again about a year ago. Dude just emailed me today.. with a "havent received it yet". On a vita that says it was delivered over two weeks ago. Buyer has only 4 feedback and nothing in over a year.
I feel like just being like, "it shows delivered, out of my control". Can I just do that? Am I right in wondering why would any legit buyer wait 2 weeks after it shows delivered to contact me?

Anyways this reminds me why its not worth selling high value items on ebay, that and the new fees will make it strictly craiglists for anything over 100.

As long as it's an INR, you're safe. If he opens a SNAD case, you may have an issue.

It doesn't apply to your specific case, but as a general rule anything I sell for at least $200 gets insurance automatically added by me. Insurance doesn't really cost that much for items that sell for $200 - $400 on eBay. It costs about an extra $5 or so and it's convenient to add it during the shipping label creation step. My rationale is: If I would rather pay $5 for the piece of mind that my valuable handheld/CE gets lost or damaged along the way, then I'd go for it. Or when comparing to Craigslist, the $5 fee would cover my gas/time anyways. You can also be covered if the buyer complains the product was damaged when it got to you. On top of that, it's not often you would sell something of high value when it comes to gaming so the insurance costs aren't going to be that high on an annual basis.

People really can be vindictive. I have never had a digital item auction get pulled after about 50 listings. Well I put up a listing last night and someone sends me a message saying they will pay me $1 over my opening bid. I kindly tell them I would prefer to let the auction run its course. 3 hours later my auction gets pulled. The thing is I have 2 other dlc auctions up so it had to be someone reporting that specific auction. People are assholes.

Edit. And sure as shit he bought it from someone else who ended their auction early.

bread's done
Back