The General eBay Rant Thread

Update:

New message : "You have had more than enough time to consider my offer of at least half a refund for the damaged Terminator Anthology. I have not seen any response from you therfore I feel that I have no choice but to leave appropriate feedback an move on."

Meanwhile I got in touch with the resolution team and the Trust and Safety team.

The T&S team said that while they could not disclose details, they were going to take action against the buyer.
They could not tell me what they would do.

The Resolution team, told me that my case would be ready for escalation on Friday, whereupon they'd close the case in my favor,
and remove the negative feedback that I have already received.

"Sells damged [sic] items. Does not work with buyers. No communication. Stay away"

I'm so tempted to reply to him and tell him that he's going to get his very soon...But I've been warned against mentioning anything about
the case or T&S team in the feedback.

Also tempted to reply to the case....but I'm not going to.
I don't want him to realize what's up, and then purposely cut open the movie case, just to be able to post those photos.

Goddamn this scamster. :headache: :headache: :headache:
thats awesome! I'm happy to see ebay doing the right thing.

Got one for you to add to the list. rayado100 2 weeks after he buys my DLC he pulls item not received BS. The worst part of it is this fool is selling the codes right now on ebay under the same ID. Now I know it's stupid of me to work on the honor system and send the codes via ebay messaging, but hell these are only a few $ and your never covered on DLC anyway. Reported it to ebay we'll see.

I sold an item to KG LOGITECH (ACI Express, Inc.) - who is a known international forwarder. Anyone have experience with them? Google search on them has lots of complaints about them scamming with a lot of INR claims. I didn't see anything about SNAD but that's the one we obviously have a harder time proving/protecting against.

I wonder with all those stories if it's even worth trying to deal with these guys or if I should just cancel and possibly take a neg. Can anyone offer advice on what to do with this?
I deal with the forwarders all the time and love when they buy items from me as they are not the end user so there is almost no chance for complaints.

The reasons you see forums of people complaining about them is simply law of averages as they have many accounts and purchase hundreds if not thousands of items a day between all their accounts.

As for stupid questions people ask I sell some comics on eBay and I once had someone ask if I could scan every page if the comic as they wanted to read it but could not afford it.

It was $3.99 shipped.

In the same vein I always get "do you do layaway?" Or "do you do financing" on under $10 items.

Got one for you to add to the list. rayado100 2 weeks after he buys my DLC he pulls item not received BS. The worst part of it is this fool is selling the codes right now on ebay under the same ID. Now I know it's stupid of me to work on the honor system and send the codes via ebay messaging, but hell these are only a few $ and your never covered on DLC anyway. Reported it to ebay we'll see.
Buy the code back, pull the same stunt on him?

LMAO. wouldn't that be epic.

Then if he cancels the transaction, leave him negative feedback. Hahaha.

The thought had past my mind, but I'm not going to risk fooling around on a $13 item. Not worth it. He got a bid last night anyway and I end up getting a message back this morning that he now has received the code and left me positive feedback. So hopefully this is over and he closes the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless something changed within the last few hours, as always, my shipping label fees are deducted from my PP account at the time the label is created.
IMHO I hope they don't change that; It would be a nightmare trying to keep my account balanced correctly if they billed shipping labels all at once at the end of the month

Yeah not sure what the hell agreement I clicked on. I should look into cancelling it just in case. I checked my Paypal account and it showed that my shipping label cost was indeed deducted on the same day that I created it. Weird - whatever the hell eBay was pushing on me.

I noticed that since eBay automatically enrolled existing listings into the "Global Shiping Program," that items that I had intended to advertise as free shipping were not showing up as such for international buyers. A buyer contacted me and asked why the shipping cost was there and I got confused by what he meant. I tried issuing an invoice with a shipping discount but the system won't allow you to issue an adjusted invoice for an item that is part of the GSP. So my observation is that the GSP shipping quote will override any shipping cost you place for international orders assuming your item is selected for the GSP. This affects DLC listings that I would rather email than physically ship (hence free ship).

At first, I was thinking of giving him the refund...Because a partial would be like $15...which is nothing in the grand scheme of things.
Then I thought, I'd offer to have him send it back for a full refund.

But then I figured..F*ck that. I'm going to teach him something about Karma.
I'm going to go to the mattresses.

So, now I'm going to wait till the neg is expunged and the case closed.
Then I'm going to block him.
And then I'll teach him a lesson.

What do you have in mind?

I've taken down the information of some scammers from me in the past as a "will get payback one day" list and I'd like to retaliate. I'm unsure how to retailiate on an eBay level since they would be just as capable to scam me back on a future listing anyway.

What do you have in mind?

I've taken down the information of some scammers from me in the past as a "will get payback one day" list and I'd like to retaliate. I'm unsure how to retailiate on an eBay level since they would be just as capable to scam me back on a future listing anyway.
Really don't know...I didn't plan to use eBay for revenge.

If I scammed him, then I'd be reducing myself to his level.

I was thinking of more ...ummm..."extra-curricular" ways. Haha.

Really don't know...I didn't plan to use eBay for revenge.
If I scammed him, then I'd be reducing myself to his level.

I was thinking of more ...ummm..."extra-curricular" ways. Haha.
Just fill out a bunch of magazine subscriptions with their information and check the Bill Me Later box. They'll start getting the magazine and we all know how fun it is to cancel lots of subscriptions. Give them a variety of new reading material.

This really annoys me: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grand-Theft-Auto-V-GTA-5-Xbox-360-2013-Disc-1-Install-Disc-Only-Free-Ship-/221311121214?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item33872bb73e

How can you list something as like new when you can't even play it. Its the first result when you look at like new listings and in the description it doesn't even mention that you need to disc 2 to actually play the game. I guess its just a pet peeve type thing but people seem to deliberately choose the wrong descriptions and conditions so they can be the cheapest or first thing people see. Then buyers have to wade through all these nonsense listings to get to the thing they actually want. Ebay should remove these listings and give people warnings for this but I honestly just hope someone buys it then returns it and Negs them for terrible listing practices.

Update:

eBay removed the feedback. Booyah!

They've also said that they'll be getting in touch with buyer and scold him for being an ass_h0le.

If an eBay user is from Spain, should I be concerned about shipping to that country?  I've never shipped to Spain before.  I'd have to ship a CE that is just under 5 lbs. 

eBay user doesn't appear to have left any negative feedback for other sellers in the past.

If an eBay user is from Spain, should I be concerned about shipping to that country? I've never shipped to Spain before. I'd have to ship a CE that is just under 5 lbs.

eBay user doesn't appear to have left any negative feedback for other sellers in the past.
Just buy insurance if it is something experience. Ship there a few times without problem.

Just buy insurance if it is something experience. Ship there a few times without problem.
Thanks

I goofed and accidentally closed a unpaid buyer transaction before the buyer had a chance to have his eCheck clear. The payment cleared just 2 days ago (after I closed the unpaid buyer account) so I learned that eBay won't stop an eCheck from clearing. Just an observation if you guys ever run into the same problem.

Was selling GTA5 on eBay but my order was cancelled (Walmart fiasco). I told my buyer that I had to cancel so I opened a cancellation request. Then the buyer pays for the item and has yet to contact me. 

I do admit that I also wanted to cancel since they only had a 1 rating and I don't trust their history and recent eBay account. I know, they could be legit but their PayPal isn't verified (looks like they paid with a credit card but idk). 

Anyways, I still want to sell it to them since I got another one that I can ship. Am I good to ship even if they agree to the cancellation (I messaged telling them I can now ship it) or should I wait for them to deny the request to cancel the sale?

Was selling GTA5 on eBay but my order was cancelled (Walmart fiasco). I told my buyer that I had to cancel so I opened a cancellation request. Then the buyer pays for the item and has yet to contact me.

I do admit that I also wanted to cancel since they only had a 1 rating and I don't trust their history and recent eBay account. I know, they could be legit but their PayPal isn't verified (looks like they paid with a credit card but idk).

Anyways, I still want to sell it to them since I got another one that I can ship. Am I good to ship even if they agree to the cancellation (I messaged telling them I can now ship it) or should I wait for them to deny the request to cancel the sale?

First things first.

NEVER list something on eBay that you don't have in your hand.

Next...DO NOT ship now that you've sent them a cancel request. Wait for them to deny the request. Send them a message telling them to deny the request.

In either case, if the buyer has half a brain, he'll deny it because you haven't given him back the money.

May want to give him a couple of $$ discount for the trouble as well...just so that he doesn't give you a neg or neutral out of frustration of having to deal with all this.

That's crazy you actually wanted to list something that was from an obvious glitch.

As a buyer I would be tempted to neg you.

Some stuff is understandable to list early like a preorder. But not the Walmart glitch lol

That's crazy you actually wanted to list something that was from an obvious glitch.

As a buyer I would be tempted to neg you.

Some stuff is understandable to list early like a preorder. But not the Walmart glitch lol
Yeah, I didn't know it was a glitch when I found out which was early last night when the deal was first posted. I purchased the game and it said it was ready for pick up. It wasn't until I went to the store that they said they didn't have any. I end up getting the games anyways from Target with a price match.

It was still my fault though. I almost always wait for the items to be in my hand but I wanted to list it before the hoards of people listed theirs. Luckily I did too since the price dropped throughout the day.

Just called the buyer and she is going to reject the case later on. Thanks for the help guys.

If an eBay user is from Spain, should I be concerned about shipping to that country? I've never shipped to Spain before. I'd have to ship a CE that is just under 5 lbs.

To add to this, you have to use USPS Priority International if the item is 4lbs or over, so you would be using that whether you wanted to or not. That includes a tracking number, and I 'think' $100 in insurance.

I so badly hate slow/non paying buyers... I've had about a half dozen non payers, and someone who submitted a best offer, I accepted within 3 minutes, and is been 2 days without payment now.. Just get tired of having to initiate unpaid item cases left and right.

I so badly hate slow/non paying buyers... I've had about a half dozen non payers, and someone who submitted a best offer, I accepted within 3 minutes, and is been 2 days without payment now.. Just get tired of having to initiate unpaid item cases left and right.
A good way to prevent this is using the Buyer Restriction settings

A better way to set up your payment policies to Instant Payment on your buy it now items.

So upon clicking the button, they're forced to pay right then.

Two weeks ago I won a 4GB Xbox slim to replace the one that broke which I bought from cowboom two months ago (long story, shold've bought the warranty from them). I paid within the hour of auction end since I wanted to have it shipped out quickly. Two days later seller contacted me to let me know a drink was spilled on the console while packing. The seller agreed to refund once the option showed up but we all know the option to refund should show up right away. Case opened and am now waiting for buyer protection to kick in.

This is my first time ever listing stuff on eBay, so hope someone doesn't try to scam me.  :whee:

I don't have a postage scale, can anybody give me an estimation of what a NDS game (Nintendogs) would weight with one of those Bazic padded envelopes? (My guess is less than 4oz.)

This is my first time ever listing stuff on eBay, so hope someone doesn't try to scam me. :whee:

I don't have a postage scale, can anybody give me an estimation of what a NDS game (Nintendogs) would weight with one of those Bazic padded envelopes? (My guess is less than 4oz.)
I just weighed one and it was 4.5 oz. So with an envelope, go for 6 oz (which is pretty typical for most non-CE console games as far as I've found).

I just weighed one and it was 4.5 oz. So with an envelope, go for 6 oz (which is pretty typical for most non-CE console games as far as I've found).
Thank you! :D

My other item, which was a brand new Wii U game, sold to an eBayer with a +6 feedback score. Should I be worried? :whee:

A better way to set up your payment policies to Instant Payment on your buy it now items.

Already had this set, as well. The problem is with folks who put in bids, and cause the auction to run it's course...

How long does eBay/PayPal usually take to solve a dispute? I've had one open for about two weeks now.
If I remember correctly it can take up to 6 weeks. I opened a dispute once and the seller refused to respond so Paypal let it run the max amount of time which I believe was 6 weeks.

Things have gotten so much smoother when I started doing this earlier in the year (right after they made the eBay fees flat for both auction and BIN listings). I don't like doing auction listings anymore, unless its a rare item that I'm not quite sure on its value.

Just don't even give them an option to bid auction style, do BIN listings, fixed price 30 day listings, require immediate payment (which requires you to upgrade your PayPal account from personal to premier or business), so non-paying bidders are a thing of the past.

Already had this set, as well. The problem is with folks who put in bids, and cause the auction to run it's course...
This is the answer to your problems:

Just don't even give them an option to bid auction style, do BIN listings, fixed price 30 day listings, require immediate payment (which requires you to upgrade your PayPal account from personal to premier or business), so non-paying bidders are a thing of the past.

So my case was closed, (of course I lost) so I lost all my money from the listing, and now for some reason they accidentally doubled the amount to be paid back, so now I have to contact them about that. Starting to get really pissed off with eBay/Paypal. They really need to get it together.

Edit: So apparently the extra charge was a $20 fee? Can someone explain that to me?

So my case was closed, (of course I lost) so I lost all my money from the listing, and now for some reason they accidentally doubled the amount to be paid back, so now I have to contact them about that. Starting to get really pissed off with eBay/Paypal. They really need to get it together.

Edit: So apparently the extra charge was a $20 fee? Can someone explain that to me?
What was the case all about?

Maybe a chargeback fee?

The case was from a buyer who bought my amazon gift card I was selling for a friend, but apparently it was a stolen account, so I lost the money even though I had proof I sent it as they don't cover digital goods. I will have to contact them about the $20 fee as they never said anything about it.

The case was from a buyer who bought my amazon gift card I was selling for a friend, but apparently it was a stolen account, so I lost the money even though I had proof I sent it as they don't cover digital goods. I will have to contact them about the $20 fee as they never said anything about it.
And that's why you should always ship gift cards. I don't even deal with them. Too much chance for fraud.

Sorry this happened to you.

I was just checking up on a buyer who hadn't left me feedback...Usually I check to see if they've left fb for others, then I wait a week and send them a reminder.

This buyer hasn't left feedback for anyone since 2010.  :whistle2::whistle2:o  :shock:

and yet another ebay customer of mine ends up falling out of the stupid tree and hitting every branch.

I shipped a game Tuesday after the holiday, It was bought through a buy-it-now on Sunday. I checked the address and all on google, looked legit. Fast forward to today, I'm checking the shipping, as I thought it was to be delivered today. and low and behold...another one of these.

Undeliverable as Addressed

Nov-14-13, 10:27 AM, OXFORD, MI 48371

Out for Delivery

Nov-14-13, 09:47 AM, OXFORD, MI 48371

Sorting Complete

Nov-14-13, 09:37 AM, OXFORD, MI 48371

Arrival at Post Office

Nov-14-13, 08:31 AM, OXFORD, MI 48371
so I quickly contact the buyer, letting him know there may have been an error in the address he provided for me to ship to, that he may want to check in with his local post office to see if he can pick it up, since there was an issue.

He replies soon after with:

Can you send it to 1234 street name, town, state, zip
:boxing:

bread's done
Back