The General eBay Rant Thread

So I have a stupid question about eBay that I'm hoping can get answered for my own future experience....

How does eBay payment work? I sold a Destiny Alpha PS4 code for $27 back in mid June and invoiced the buyer the following day while sending the code (did a picture and followed all the proper listings for selling a code). I assumed all was fine especially when I got the email a day or two later that eBay was taking their fee of the sale.

Fast forward a few weeks and I went on to my eBay and PayPal accounts for something else and noticed that I never actually saw payment for this item. I, rather foolishly it seems, assumed that like Amazon, eBay had an automatic payment feature that made sure the money got from the buyer to the seller: seems that wasn't the case. I tried to open a case but eBay said it was too late.

Is there a way I can fix this for future sales? I had my paypal account linked to my eBay when the sale happened but I guess somewhere I screwed something up?
I know when I list buy it now items, there is an option to set immediate payment required. I only use the eBay app though, never used the website. But there should be an option.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know when I list buy it now items, there is an option to set immediate payment required. I only use the eBay app though, never used the website. But there should be an option.
The only way you can get immediate payment from eBay is if you upgrade your Paypal account from a personal to a premium or business account. It doesn't cost anything to upgrade to premium, though.

dammit eBay charged me final value on an item that ended but was never paid for. the item sold for $150 but i didn't get paid. I relisted it not thinking and i know eBay charges a final value fee.... probably cant get refunded.

i wish ebay listed the fee's by item in our accounts and not just a total fee

""that way i can point it out to ebay and say you see that fee, but you see i didnt get paid, refund me."""

dammit eBay charged me final value on an item that ended but was never paid for. the item sold for $150 but i didn't get paid. I relisted it not thinking and i know eBay charges a final value fee.... probably cant get refunded.

i wish ebay listed the fee's by item in our accounts and not just a total fee

""that way i can point it out to ebay and say you see that fee, but you see i didnt get paid, refund me."""
You can get a refund for the final value fees if you open an unpaid item case for that item.

As a reminder, the new eBay standards are supposed to take place on Aug. 20th. I'm not quite sure if the evaluation will be done through a calendar month. If it is, this week is the final week of activity that will count towards the new evaluation. Remember you need to be under 5%. Not sure what happens exactly if you have a 5% or greater defect rate. They may close your account. With how big of a change this is and a somewhat unclear message from eBay, I would think eBay would be a little more lax for the first couple of evaluations or so.

The way I read this new evaluation method, most sellers will fall under the 1 year evaluation period (You have to have sold less than 400 transactions during the period). If you sold more than that, you'll be evaluation on a 3 month basis instead. If you have 8 or more unique defects, you'll need to be below 5%. If you have don't have at least 8 unique defects, then the defect rate isn't measured the same way. I'm a little unclear on it but I think you don't need to worry about the 5% if you don't have that many ::shrug::

Mailed out an item with first class mail since it was light weight and only a $20 game. Was supposed to arrive Monday and still hasn't updated Tues morning. Afraid it was lost or the buyer is gonna start whining. Hope the tracking updates today because it hasn't updated in 3 days. Not panicking yet because of the weekend, but it's not like it had to go cross country.

If it doesn't update tracking today, should I pre-emptively message the buyer before he possibly leaves a negative or sends me a nasty message apologizing for the delay(even though it isn't my fault, it's in USPS's hands now)? or should I just wait and see if he says anything?

This complaint is mostly about Amazon, but it relates to an eBay auction I sold.

What is the point of having the option of a different shipping address if it is going to be shipped to the billing address no matter what?

Mailed out an item with first class mail since it was light weight and only a $20 game. Was supposed to arrive Monday and still hasn't updated Tues morning. Afraid it was lost or the buyer is gonna start whining. Hope the tracking updates today because it hasn't updated in 3 days. Not panicking yet because of the weekend, but it's not like it had to go cross country.

If it doesn't update tracking today, should I pre-emptively message the buyer before he possibly leaves a negative or sends me a nasty message apologizing for the delay(even though it isn't my fault, it's in USPS's hands now)? or should I just wait and see if he says anything?
Do you mean it was "Out for Delivery" and it never updated to "Delivered"? I would be concerned too if that's the case, but sometimes it will eventually update. Other times it may not, but an honest buyer will still leave you a positive feedback - which means no shenanigans with an INR case.

Personally, if an item is showing in the tracking system, I wouldn't preemptively say anything because you're not hand-delivering the item yourself and a reasonable buyer knows that. I would wait a few days to see what happens. The skeptical side of me would worry that if I alert an unscrupulous buyer about the tracking not showing "Delivered", they can get their money back by just claiming an INR. Now on the other hand, if the buyer is contacting you, by all means step right up and bat for them by following up with USPS on the package's whereabouts.

----------------------------

As for a rant of my own: I sold an item to a buyer who is either a horrible liar or a complete fool. As I was packing and labeling other items I already sold, this buyer made their purchase. Being at a time when I was already packing the other items, I had printed a label and packed it within 15 minutes of the purchase. Once I'm done packing all of the items, I go to my email to see that this buyer sent a direct email to my paypal email address (not through ebay messages) to me saying they "accidentally bought" it when they meant to send me a message about the item instead. This isn't from an ebay newbie either, this is someone who has been on ebay for years and has made several purchases - even one last month!

It's hard to believe that someone can confuse a huge blue button that says "BUY IT NOW" with a link that says "Contact Seller", but the fact that there is also a confirmation page when submitting a purchase and having to log into paypal makes me sad at how horrible a lie this is. It's already an inconvenience having spent the time to package the item, then needing to cancel, refund, etc, but it pisses me off that someone can't just be honest. Misread the item description, buyers remorse, whatever; just please be honest about it.

I would hold off on contacting the customer. Out of the remote chance of dealing with a scammer, the buyer can claim INR.

A somewhat similar experience that I've posted on here years ago: I sold the Dead Space 3 Dev Kit on eBay with tracking but no insurance. The item was never marked for delivery. Since I sold it as a high value item ($200), I was monitoring it's delivery status for weeks as it was shipped via Parcel Post. I contacted USPS and they said unless it was paid with insurance, there was nothing they could do after checking with the local delivery post office and coming up with no answers. I contemplated contacting the buyer but opted to just wait it out and see if they were going to even contact me first.

The scenario was either the item was delivered and the mail carrier did not properly scan/upload the DC, or the item was lost in transit and I was going to deal with an unhappy buyer. The buyer never ended up contacting me at all so the first scenario was the more likely one. But what if the buyer knew about the eBay rules regarding INR? What if he/she was a scammer? They could have simply opened a case and eBay would have covered their $200 payment while letting them keep the item.

So the moral of the story is to not contact the buyer when your item has not been scanned for delivery.

Do you mean it was "Out for Delivery" and it never updated to "Delivered"? I would be concerned too if that's the case, but sometimes it will eventually update. Other times it may not, but an honest buyer will still leave you a positive feedback - which means no shenanigans with an INR case.

Personally, if an item is showing in the tracking system, I wouldn't preemptively say anything because you're not hand-delivering the item yourself and a reasonable buyer knows that. I would wait a few days to see what happens. The skeptical side of me would worry that if I alert an unscrupulous buyer about the tracking not showing "Delivered", they can get their money back by just claiming an INR. Now on the other hand, if the buyer is contacting you, by all means step right up and bat for them by following up with USPS on the package's whereabouts.

----------------------------

As for a rant of my own: I sold an item to a buyer who is either a horrible liar or a complete fool. As I was packing and labeling other items I already sold, this buyer made their purchase. Being at a time when I was already packing the other items, I had printed a label and packed it within 15 minutes of the purchase. Once I'm done packing all of the items, I go to my email to see that this buyer sent a direct email to my paypal email address (not through ebay messages) to me saying they "accidentally bought" it when they meant to send me a message about the item instead. This isn't from an ebay newbie either, this is someone who has been on ebay for years and has made several purchases - even one last month!

It's hard to believe that someone can confuse a huge blue button that says "BUY IT NOW" with a link that says "Contact Seller", but the fact that there is also a confirmation page when submitting a purchase and having to log into paypal makes me sad at how horrible a lie this is. It's already an inconvenience having spent the time to package the item, then needing to cancel, refund, etc, but it pisses me off that someone can't just be honest. Misread the item description, buyers remorse, whatever; just please be honest about it.
No, it has "Acceptance" scan and then departed USPS Sort Facility in my state. That was the last it updated and it was 5 days ago. It's not going cross country, so I'm starting to get worried.

As of today still no update. Not even an arrival scan in the buyer's state.

No, it has "Acceptance" scan and then departed USPS Sort Facility in my state. That was the last it updated and it was 5 days ago. It's not going cross country, so I'm starting to get worried.

As of today still no update. Not even an arrival scan in the buyer's state.
There really isn't much you can do since you obviously can't go into the warehouses and verify its location. Did you at least insure it? If you did and it never arrives you can refund the customer and still get your money back.

Nah, it was only a $20 item, I wasn't gonna insure it. If it's lost I don't mind eating the money. I figured it'd be a 1/100 or less shot of them losing it. I've only ever had 2 packages in my life lost by USPS and I've been ordering packages for years.

There was a big storm that swept across some areas of the country. Some people even reported tornadoes. I'm wondering if maybe the delay is connected.

Hey guys I need some advice. I'm planning to sell a PS3 game without the case and manual. Just the disc in a generic jewel case with a bubble mailer. I need to know how much is this going to weight and should I ship it via USPS First Class?

Hey guys I need some advice. I'm planning to sell a PS3 game without the case and manual. Just the disc in a generic jewel case with a bubble mailer. I need to know how much is this going to weight and should I ship it via USPS First Class?
Weight would be around 2-3 oz I'm guessing at most. You could try to use a paper sleeve instead a jewel case, to get it at or under the 2oz mark and use stamped mail, but to me it isn't worth it.

For USPS First Class, it will still cost around $1.85ish, but the tracking and lack of hassle (compared to stamped) is worth it.

I know that for best seller rating you must have tracking uploaded for most all of your shipments, I've seen sellers just type in random strings to fulfill that requirement...

I sold an item on ebay and it got into customs, kinda disappeared for a while and eventually the tracking said "Package could not be delivered because it was lost, contacting origin post" or something. Should I file a claim with USPS.com or should I go into the post office? Any tips?

Damnit my black ink is all out. If I can turn the shipping label into PDF and change the color to dark blue, will that still work? The bar code should still be able to scan, no?

Sold a 360 game, disc only and it was close to mint. Didn't have any spare cases, so shipped it in a bubble envelope, but put a big sheet of bubble wrap around the game disc sleeve in addition to the regular padding the envelope has. It was nice and puffy. Plenty of padding.

Buyer got it and the disc is completely smashed into bits. So bad pieces are missing from it, but they told me the envelope had no damage do it on the outside.

I'm wondering if it was just buyer's remorse and they knew if the game was as described they couldn't get their money back, so they decided to smash it and claim defect.

Sold a 360 game, disc only and it was close to mint. Didn't have any spare cases, so shipped it in a bubble envelope, but put a big sheet of bubble wrap around the game disc sleeve in addition to the regular padding the envelope has. It was nice and puffy. Plenty of padding.

Buyer got it and the disc is completely smashed into bits. So bad pieces are missing from it, but they told me the envelope had no damage do it on the outside.

I'm wondering if it was just buyer's remorse and they knew if the game was as described they couldn't get their money back, so they decided to smash it and claim defect.
I could see that. However, I never ship my disc only stuff just as that. I usually have spare CD or DVD cases lying around, so I use those. I would never send a disc without any sort of rigid protection. Bubble wrap may protect it from being being crushed under weight, but won't do anything if the envelope gets bent in half.

Well, I tried bending the envelope and it was too bulky to bend unless they completely flatted the entire bubble wrap, but the buyer said this was not the case. I have no idea what happened. I mean, it's hard to crack game discs. Ever try breaking a disc? You need to really put a lot of force into it to snap it.

Whatever, I'll never know. Last time I ship them like that, but never had an issue before.

I mentioned this a few weeks back and the guy opened a case. Person bought a game from Australia and I used the eBay global shipping program. Box arrived all smashed and the game inside has damage to the outside of the box, etc.

According to the global shipping program I'm supposed to be covered if it gets damage on its way overseas. I'm going to try and call up eBay and see how it works. Anybody have any previous history with this?

I am always wrestling with myself on things like this but I bought a DS Lite on eBay and it was advertised with no scratches and looks like new but when it arrived there were several large non- removable scratches on the top screen. The outside is close to advertised and does look close to new ( but not something I would personally describe as like new). I think I am just happy to have found a DS lite that doesn't have a hinge crack, since it seems like 99% of those on eBay do whether the seller mentions it or not.

Would you raise a beef with the seller for something like this?

I mentioned this a few weeks back and the guy opened a case. Person bought a game from Australia and I used the eBay global shipping program. Box arrived all smashed and the game inside has damage to the outside of the box, etc.

According to the global shipping program I'm supposed to be covered if it gets damage on its way overseas. I'm going to try and call up eBay and see how it works. Anybody have any previous history with this?
You are supposed to be covered. I guess call them.

I am always wrestling with myself on things like this but I bought a DS Lite on eBay and it was advertised with no scratches and looks like new but when it arrived there were several large non- removable scratches on the top screen. The outside is close to advertised and does look close to new ( but not something I would personally describe as like new). I think I am just happy to have found a DS lite that doesn't have a hinge crack, since it seems like 99% of those on eBay do whether the seller mentions it or not. Would you raise a beef with the seller for something like this?
If the price was good, I would not. Also, if the scratches are right in the middle of the screen, you may want to mention it to them. Kinda shitty of them to do that to you. I guess I would mention it to them, because it is kinda shitty to say it had no scratches, then boom, you got them on top screen.

I wonder if the people that own those consoles use steel nails instead of a stylus sometimes.

When selling a pre-order should i require immediate payment or not? I feel kinda bad holding peoples cash for that long but a non paying buyer would really suck in this type of situation. I would hate to be left with a CE i don't even want

So I am a top rated seller (U wot m8) 

Anyways I am top rated right now, but it shows that my next evaluation I am going to be above standard.

So basically how does this work?

I have 95 sales and I need 100. 

So basically every 12 months you need to be at 100 sales or over?

Do they just cut off the amount of sales you have had from the first year overall?

Like for instance

12 months: Aug 01, 2013 - Jul 31, 2014

They would cancel any items I sold in August, and would need that many sales back to get to 100 again?

If the price was good, I would not. Also, if the scratches are right in the middle of the screen, you may want to mention it to them. Kinda shitty of them to do that to you. I guess I would mention it to them, because it is kinda shitty to say it had no scratches, then boom, you got them on top screen.

I wonder if the people that own those consoles use steel nails instead of a stylus sometimes.
It took me 1-2 hours just to find a few listings for DS Lite's that DID NOT have hinge cracks, as I believe 99.9% of DS Lite's on ebay have hinge cracks whether they are advertised (or not) to have a hinge crack, a piece of the hinge missing, or some other hinge defect. Many have the hinge broken completely off. So I am very grateful just to have found one that did not have a hinge defect. The DS Lite is clearly the best system of the DS Line (before 3DS) because it plays GBA games and DS Games but they really dropped the ball by making it with plastics so weak that the hinge snaps as soon as you even move it the wrong way.

The screen has a couple huge gouges in it. Anyways I will probably call the seller out on this as I KNOW if I sold this item as it was advertised with no scratches someone would call me out on the tiniest mark. That and the number of people who are grossly misrepresenting their items on ebay is so out of control I can't even go into it here. I have sold games where I got called out literately for having ONE scratch on the case of the game (which as we all know is basically inevitable even if the game you are selling comes directly from a retail shelf, the case can still get scratched through the plastic wrap), or one tiny scratch on the disc that I probably couldn't even see without putting a magnifying glass to it.

It was a good price though, GS charges $60 for a DS Lite and I doubt the condition of theirs is as good as this one, as its nearly perfect except for the gouges in the top screen and I paid 36.99 for this and it came with a guitar hero game, a charger, a car charger and a huge expensive looking case.

I have 2 eBay rants

1. The site is acting weird regarding item photos. None of the are loading and it's been like this for a week. Totally makes the website useless if we can't even view the photos!

2. Why the hell isn't there an option to send an email or text notification when a buyer leaves feedback? I have to constantly keep logging in to check if my number is increased. 

Hooray! I have a buyer claiming I sent them a defective GBA cart. 

They're claiming it doesn't work even after cleaning even though I tested it twice - once before listing and again prior to shipping. What bothers me is that they even insinuate that I knowingly sent out a defective cart. They ask for 2 options, return for full refund and shipping or refund for half price.

My instinct says that complete BS because I didn't send a defective cart, but also why the hell would you offer to keep a defective cart for half price?

Doesn't add up.

Anyone with experience with people like this have some advice?

Edit: they did mention leaving negative feedback, but it wasn't in a threatening manner. I wonder if that can be viewed as a subtle way of extortion.

I bought a Game of Thrones box set and received a DVD set instead of the Blu-Ray which I had ordered. The seller had little feedback and waited until the day before escalation was possible to respond. I send it back for a refund and send it back to the address that came on the package. Upon checking the ebay case however, the seller slipped in a different address with a different name at the bottom of a message. Should I be worried here?

Bah - eBay people are turds. I sent out a 4 dollar dvd that was still sealed. Person just leaves negative feedback saying I resealed it.

It looked factory sealed upon my inspection, but honestly I didn't overly inspect it but I bought it in a bunch of DVDs from a single person and was selling off the junk ones I didn't want. There were a few other sealed DVDs in the pile that were brand new (had price tags, etc. on them) so I really really really doubt this one was re-sealed.

I did send them a message asking what makes them say it wasn't sealed? And if they would get rid of the negative feedback I'd let them keep the DVD for free. I honestly feel like just eating the negative and writing back that the person is an asshole as a response to the feedback.

I don't understand why someone would just leave a negative feedback without even contacting first. Seems like that is usually the decent thing to do. I can understand if someone jerks you around and doesn't ship for like a month or gives excuses. They bought, I shipped and that was it. Bleh bleh bleh.

Just curious does anyone here sell for a living on eBay? My next door neighbor does and he's doing really well. Has a few people who actually work for him for pics and shipping. He usually goes to garage sales and resells them.

I currently am buying and selling electronics until I get my next job. It helps a bit and covers food and gas. Hopefully my interview on Monday goes well as I'm looking to slow down on the selling.

Did anyone ever figure out how to report eBay users / buyers for non-selling reasons? Is there a way to block users from messaging? I've got this grade A idiot sending me messages trying to shove it in my face he bought an item from another seller after I turned down his offer for my listing, even though the two items are not the same. I already blocked him from being able to purchase anything from me.

There is supposed to be a way to block users from sending messages once they are on the blocked bidders list but it isn't working at least for me.

"Just go to my ebay, account,site preferences,selling preferences,buyer requirements, edit, then scroll down and select the box that says "Don't allow blocked buyers to contact me. (Buyer will not see the "Contact Seller" button on your Q&A page.) , thats it, but make sure you add the person to your blocked buyer list."

I had someone make me a ridiculous offer on a item twice in 2 days (I don't use Best Offer so they sent it through messages). As usual I ignored and blocked them but they sent another message even though I have it selected to not allow blocked buyers to contact me.

eBay fees are pissing me off! I sold a game for $27.89 (Free Shipping) and with these fees:

$1.11 PayPal fee

$2.01 Shipping Fee

$2.79 Final Value Fee

and I'm left with only $21.98

It shouldn't be that much damnit

[quote name="TooMuchCoolness" post="11995392" timestamp="1407602480"]eBay fees are pissing me off! I sold a game for $27.89 (Free Shipping) and with these fees:

$1.11 PayPal fee
$2.01 Shipping Fee
$2.79 Final Value Fee

It shouldn't be that much damnit[/quote]

If you don't like the fees feel free to sell on craigslist. I'm sure someone would be glad to give you $10 there.

[quote name="TooMuchCoolness" post="11995392" timestamp="1407602480"]eBay fees are pissing me off! I sold a game for $27.89 (Free Shipping) and with these fees:

$1.11 PayPal fee
$2.01 Shipping Fee
$2.79 Final Value Fee

It shouldn't be that much damnit[/quote]

If you don't like the fees feel free to sell on craigslist. I'm sure someone would be glad to give you $10 there.

Charging $4 for shipping or charging the 13 oz rate with the shipping calculator would eliminate that problem.

Over here I might get $2-3 per game if I sold offline so eBay is the way to go for me especially since I am set up to print labels and can drop off packages at the post office.

Hooray! I have a buyer claiming I sent them a defective GBA cart.

They're claiming it doesn't work even after cleaning even though I tested it twice - once before listing and again prior to shipping. What bothers me is that they even insinuate that I knowingly sent out a defective cart. They ask for 2 options, return for full refund and shipping or refund for half price.

My instinct says that complete BS because I didn't send a defective cart, but also why the hell would you offer to keep a defective cart for half price?

Doesn't add up.

Anyone with experience with people like this have some advice?

Edit: they did mention leaving negative feedback, but it wasn't in a threatening manner. I wonder if that can be viewed as a subtle way of extortion.
I typically go by feedback. If they are well-established, they are probably telling the truth. No guarantee, but probably.

If not, I'd say they are probably lying. Asking for half off makes no sense, and carts don't magically just break within a couple days unless they were physically damaged or were exposed to some extreme and I mean extreme weather conditions, which is unlikely.

I'd say he is probably lying. I'd push a little further and ask him why he would want half off if the game doesn't work?

But then again, if the game does work, how does it benefit him to send it back unless 1) he has buyer's remose -- check and see if he bought a similar item from another seller if you can through his feedback, or 2) is going to send you back something else that weighs similarly to try to rip you off.

I don't know, it's your call. Me personally, if I was confident in it working, I would prod with some questions and try to get a feel for the guy. By grammar, you can probably tell if they are adult or child. If child, they are probably an idiot or a scammer. Then depending on the read I get from them, I'd either give them a refund without paying for shipping, or tell them to fuck off and take the negative. I stopped obsessing about feedback long ago. I decided a while back I'm going to start doing things my way and I'm perfectly fine with getting banned if it comes to it. I know someone that was banned like 4 times from ebay and keeps finding a way to get back.

Alright you guys, I have sold around 17 items yesterday. The items were a bunch of silver coins that my dad wanted me to sell & some video games that I had. I just have the feeling that I am going to run into my first actual problem..(dealing with a scammer etc.)

I am a considered a "Top Rated" & "Power Seller."

I also ship my video games in boxes made to protect the video game boxes and on top of that the bubble mailer.

I just have a couple questions & thoughts

1) I just sold a 3DS and was wondering what would be the best way to ship it and protect myself? Do I add signature confirmation? I obviously just don't want to be straight up scammed out of the item. I know that the higher the value most likely equals a higher chance of getting scammed. Buyer only has 3 FB.

2) I have read of all the negative stories about paypal. I just don't want to deal with them sending me to collections in case all that crazy shit happens, transactions getting reversed, losing an item because the guy is lying etc, & Paypal charging you for the item. I will send out all the items, but I just have a feeling that this time I will have some trouble. I gave Paypal my SSN a long time ago not even knowing that these problems even existed. 

Is it rational that I just want out at this point? I have never had problems with them. I just don't want to deal with the stress of an outcome from a transaction.

I have made a fair amount of money from using ebay and I love using it because the convenience and the profit I make. But is it worth it?

[quote name="Megamania" post="11997383" timestamp="1407682286"]Alright you guys, I have sold around 17 items yesterday. The items were a bunch of silver coins that my dad wanted me to sell & some video games that I had. I just have the feeling that I am going to run into my first actual problem..(dealing with a scammer etc.)

I am a considered a "Top Rated" & "Power Seller."

I also ship my video games in boxes made to protect the video game boxes and on top of that the bubble mailer.

I just have a couple questions & thoughts

1) I just sold a 3DS and was wondering what would be the best way to ship it and protect myself? Do I add signature confirmation? I obviously just don't want to be straight up scammed out of the item. I know that the higher the value most likely equals a higher chance of getting scammed. Buyer only has 3 FB.

2) I have read of all the negative stories about paypal. I just don't want to deal with them sending me to collections in case all that crazy shit happens, transactions getting reversed, losing an item because the guy is lying etc, & Paypal charging you for the item. I will send out all the items, but I just have a feeling that this time I will have some trouble. I gave Paypal my SSN a long time ago not even knowing that these problems even existed.

Is it rational that I just want out at this point? I have never had problems with them. I just don't want to deal with the stress of an outcome from a transaction.

I have made a fair amount of money from using ebay and I love using it because the convenience and the profit I make. But is it worth it?[/quote]

The only thing I would do different with the 3ds is make sure you put something between the screens because the screens on the system scratch themselves and you don't want it arriving all scratched up.

Otherwise just bubble wrap and a box would be fine.

The only thing I would do different with the 3ds is make sure you put something between the screens because the screens on the system scratch themselves and you don't want it arriving all scratched up. Otherwise just bubble wrap and a box would be fine.
Alright thanks I remember reading up on that. Will put some bubble wrap.

But its pretty much up in the air thought if it get's scammed right? I described it perfectly so hopefully nothing comes up.

I would just hate to lose it.

Should I add signature and insurance?

I would also take pics of the serial number on the 3DS, and if it's coming in the original box, take pics of the box and 3DS serial side-by-side.  This way, it's easier to prove if the person is going to pull a switcharoo and claim defective and send you back a different unit.

I wouldn't use signature, from my understanding if the person's name who is on the paypal account isn't at the door to sign there might be problems. Keep in mind signature is required over a certain amount, I think it's $250. Insurance is up to you, for me it would depend on the value, is it a $100 3DS transaction or a $400 one, if it's a lot of money like that insurance is a must.

bread's done
Back