The General eBay Rant Thread

I believe PayPal transactions are capped at $10,000 anyway, so they'd need to find some other way to pay. If I was selling something for more than that, I'd only accept a cashier's check, and I'd do the deal off eBay (just list it on there, and people will message you with offers).

Last edited by a moderator:
Would anyone on here sell a super rare and expensive item on ebay? Hypthetically, say you got a super rare game. One of those "Only 10 in the world!" gems. Like super rare that would sell for say 40k or something.

With Paypal's massive return policy now, would ebay and Paypal handle that like any normal case if the buyer was a jackass and tried to return it in a month after spending 40k?
I will respect your privacy so I won't push to ask you what you have but I am curious now. Did you just fall into a windfall by finding a deal at a local shop or something?

I will respect your privacy so I won't push to ask you what you have but I am curious now. Did you just fall into a windfall by finding a deal at a local shop or something?
Do gold NWC carts even go for $40k (legitimately)? The only other game I can think of (off the top of my head) is Stadium Events.

Thanks guys. I must be losing my mind. But I could have sworn that it was somewhere in eBay's rules that shipping to just a PO box was not okay. Anyway, I shipped it a few days ago.
The only time I can think of not being able to ship to a PO box is if you are using FedEx or UPS service instead of USPS.

Would anyone on here sell a super rare and expensive item on ebay? Hypthetically, say you got a super rare game. One of those "Only 10 in the world!" gems. Like super rare that would sell for say 40k or something.

With Paypal's massive return policy now, would ebay and Paypal handle that like any normal case if the buyer was a jackass and tried to return it in a month after spending 40k?
Nope, I wouldn't sell something that super rare and expensive on Ebay...but I would take a look into a reputable live auction somewhere. Some high end auction houses (like Sotheby's, if your item is really that rare) will even pursue legal actions against defaulting/fraudulent buyers!

Do gold NWC carts even go for $40k (legitimately)? The only other game I can think of (off the top of my head) is Stadium Events.
As far as I know, Stadium Events is the only game that will go that high since its the most valuable game of all time but it can't be that since there were more than 10 carts in circulation.

A couple of years ago a lady found a used copy at Goodwill for $8. Crazy.

No, nothing like that. I was actually thinking about selling a card collection I have on ebay that was worth a lot of money, and I was hoping I could get around 40k for it, but I'm thinking maybe ebay isn't the right place.

How long do you guys give people to pay. I have this guy with 0% feedback that bid on my top loader and he still hasn't paid.
It depends. If it's something that I consider myself really lucky to have sold I give them four days. If they don't pay by then, I send a message and they have two days to pay after that. If it's something that I feel like I could get more from, I message them within two days and they have two days to pay after that.

No, nothing like that. I was actually thinking about selling a card collection I have on ebay that was worth a lot of money, and I was hoping I could get around 40k for it, but I'm thinking maybe ebay isn't the right place.
Check out comc.com. Since they hold the cards for you and then ship them out to the buyers as they buy them, it's a lot harder for a buyer to try to claim an item is not as described or try to swindle you. Plus if it gets lost/damaged in shipping, they would have to deal with that.

Sometimes I see that a seller will have this tag above the item they are selling that says "The seller is away until such and such date so if you buy, they won't ship until they return." How do you do that for yourself?

Sometimes I see that a seller will have this tag above the item they are selling that says "The seller is away until such and such date so if you buy, they won't ship until they return." How do you do that for yourself?
If they have a store they can set it to vacation mode.

I don't have a store. It's not possible to do if you don't have one, then?
No.

How much do you sell? I get a store just because the FVF on video game consoles drops from 10% to 4%; you don't have to sell much for that 6% difference in FVF to cover the $15 or so a store costs

No.

How much do you sell? I get a store just because the FVF on video game consoles drops from 10% to 4%; you don't have to sell much for that 6% difference in FVF to cover the $15 or so a store costs
My Seller Ratings are in the toilet due to some mistakes I made last year, so I can't get a store even if I wanted to. Once they clear out, I'm definitely getting a store, but I can't at the moment.

What a headache. I sell an item to someone from Canada. It's a Rocketfish Wii U HDMI cable. It ships with the Global Seller thing. So after the person buys it, I try to send an invoice. eBay won't let me. It says the item is a part of the Global thing and that I cannot send an invoice because of that. What bullshit. Fine. So I try to print out a shipping label so I can at least see where I'm shipping to. eBay won't let me. The person hasn't paid yet, so I cannot go to the Print Shipping Label page. So I tell the seller to just forget about the invoice and just pay for the item. The seller is telling me eBay is charging him $15 for shipping and that price was not what I agreed on with the seller.

I swear, I am this close to closing my eBay account and telling eBay to go screw themselves. This is neither my fault, nor the buyer's fault, but eBay and their shitty system's fault.
Okay, now I sort of think I see what the problem with this is. Usually, after the item sold, on the All Selling page, directly under the item it says:

eBay note: International sale thru Global Shipping Program.

The HDMI cable, and now a game I sold today does not have that under the listing. Did I somehow accidentally not qualify for the Global Shipping Program or not authorize the item to sell under the Global Shipping Program? I took a look at the rules of the Global Shipping Program and noticed something. It says that:

• You must have a US seller rating of standard or above to qualify for the Global Shipping Program.

Is that new? I've been below standard for several months now and I've still been allowed to sell with the Global Shipping Program.

My Pikachu Edition N64 (console only) finally came in the mail today. I had purchased it for $58 from Mexico on 1/21. I also got a Dragonball z budokai tenkaichi 3(ps2 complete) for only $20 in the mail today.

Okay, now I sort of think I see what the problem with this is. Usually, after the item sold, on the All Selling page, directly under the item it says:

eBay note: International sale thru Global Shipping Program.

The HDMI cable, and now a game I sold today does not have that under the listing. Did I somehow accidentally not qualify for the Global Shipping Program or not authorize the item to sell under the Global Shipping Program? I took a look at the rules of the Global Shipping Program and noticed something. It says that:

• You must have a US seller rating of standard or above to qualify for the Global Shipping Program.

Is that new? I've been below standard for several months now and I've still been allowed to sell with the Global Shipping Program.
Bump, I really need some advice on this. As expected the Nigerian call center that eBay sends me to is about as useful as a heart attack.

Bump, I really need some advice on this. As expected the Nigerian call center that eBay sends me to is about as useful as a heart attack.
When things sell through global shipping you no longer see the little note below saying it sold through the global shipping program.

I've sold four things this last week through it and none of them show that little note below now. You see it when you go the point where you print the label - address is that sorting center down in TN or wherever it is.

On the shipping label page this will now be at the top.

"This item sold through the Global Shipping Program. Your label will show the address of a US shipping center, which will handle the international leg of the shipment to your buyer"

I really don't know if they have you blocked from the global shipping program. If they decided you weren't allowed to use it, I would've thought they would just ban you outright from selling - but who knows.

No, there's definitely a line about not being eligible to use GSP, and can change at any time without notice. That means there has to be sellers who can sell, but not use GSP.

Glad to see there's an eBay rant thread.  I needed to vent about this.

There's a seller listing multiple copies of GTA V for PS4 for $49.99 or best offer.  I sent an offer of $35, he countered that with $40.  Then I countered that with $37.50 hoping we could meet in the middle, but he countered that with $45.  He raised his original offer by $5!  What a jackass.  Needless to say I'm not going to buy from this dildo.

Watch him post on some other forum "Some guy tried haggling me for $2.50! Can you believe it?!"

I feel like tactics like that probably only work at garage sales.

So my mom bought a GPS from a seller in China. We got it in but it doesn't work so I'm trying to return it for her. It was shipped through the global shipping program and this is the address that ebay provided me.

jiang zhen yang/A
Floor 3 Building 3, Guang Hui Technology Park, Floor 3 Building 3, Guang Hui Technology Park
Shenzhen,广东省,518109

I don't even begin to know how I send it back.

So my mom bought a GPS from a seller in China. We got it in but it doesn't work so I'm trying to return it for her. It was shipped through the global shipping program and this is the address that ebay provided me.

jiang zhen yang/A
Floor 3 Building 3, Guang Hui Technology Park,
Shenzhen,China,518109

I don't even begin to know how I send it back.
There you go.

I've been having a lot of problems with the ebay website lately. It's such a POS. I will go to create a listing, fill everything out, then click continue and I'll get errors that "you need to pick a payment method, you need a shipping method" etc etc. I'm like what the hell, I already did, and for some reason it just doesn't register.

Also, it will randomly check things in too, when I hit continue to list an item. I will have the global shipping program unchecked, and when I hit continue and list the item, it will just have it enabled for some reason.

No, there's definitely a line about not being eligible to use GSP, and can change at any time without notice. That means there has to be sellers who can sell, but not use GSP.
It's exactly as you say. So I don't know how to deal with it. Anybody with experience know what I should do about it now?

We need an eBay rep here. eBay is one of the companies where it wouldn't hurt to have a rep. And not one of the Nigerian call center turds. An actual executive stationed at the eBay headquarters.

I have another scammer at the moment. Person with a total of 7 feedback (2 from the last year about 9 months ago) buys game, gets it, and now says the wrong game was in there. Was supposed to be Halo MCC and they say i was an old Black Ops discs all broken.

Game was factory sealed. I got it was Microsoft Store like 4 months ago, but had never opened it and since I didn't bother with the Halo 5 beta decided to just sell it.

This user sounds like a young kid.

It is the wrong disk and damaged. It is a Call of Duty disk for the Xbox 360. I want this refunded fully and this seller to be punished for lying

I wrote back saying it was factory sealed and that I was insulted for saying I was lying, I've received 100's of feedback the last year without and problems, etc.

"I apologize for saying you were lying just want money back and I will not leave feedeback at all"

""I will return the disc to you via USPS certified mail Monday. If you see fit to refund my money (without Ebay getting involved) I will make sure to give a positive review of your services. Once again I apologize for my initial email message as I have never had that happen before in any of my purchase on Ebay. Please accept my apology"

This screams scammer. Do I have any chance of winning this dispute or eBay just deciding to do one of those on time both keep the money? or am I pretty much screwed anyways and should just refund to get it over with?

I have another scammer at the moment. Person with a total of 7 feedback (2 from the last year about 9 months ago) buys game, gets it, and now says the wrong game was in there. Was supposed to be Halo MCC and they say i was an old Black Ops discs all broken.

Game was factory sealed. I got it was Microsoft Store like 4 months ago, but had never opened it and since I didn't bother with the Halo 5 beta decided to just sell it.

This user sounds like a young kid.

It is the wrong disk and damaged. It is a Call of Duty disk for the Xbox 360. I want this refunded fully and this seller to be punished for lying

I wrote back saying it was factory sealed and that I was insulted for saying I was lying, I've received 100's of feedback the last year without and problems, etc.

"I apologize for saying you were lying just want money back and I will not leave feedeback at all"

""I will return the disc to you via USPS certified mail Monday. If you see fit to refund my money (without Ebay getting involved) I will make sure to give a positive review of your services. Once again I apologize for my initial email message as I have never had that happen before in any of my purchase on Ebay. Please accept my apology"

This screams scammer. Do I have any chance of winning this dispute or eBay just deciding to do one of those on time both keep the money? or am I pretty much screwed anyways and should just refund to get it over with?
You need to stop engaging buyer's like this. You don't need to defend yourself or go on the offensive. In a situation like this where the buyer is claiming something ridiculous versus something possible (i.e. game arrived damage, wouldn't play in his console, etc.) I would always counter by stating:

[/start]

Dear buyer,

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with your order. My records show that you were sent a factory sealed copy of Halo: MCC for Xbox One. The order details state that this product was delivered to you on (insert date).

If you are claiming that you received a different product, that also happened to be used and damaged, then the only reasonable explanation is that the package and its contents were tampered with after being handed over to the USPS (assuming that's who you shipped with). Before I can provide you with assistance I will need to file a mail fraud claim with the USPS Postal Inspector as tampering with mail is a felony and very serious offense. After I file the report it is possible that you may receive a follow up questionnaire from someone at your local post office; do not be alarmed, this is standard procedure and it helps the USPS figure out where the fraud may have occurred.

Once I hear back from the Postal Inspector I will let you know. Please hold onto the packaging and its contents as you will need to return them to me before I can process a refund. This is eBay and PayPal policy.

[/end]

Look if the buyer is a scammer and they open a dispute via eBay (have they already opened one?) you are going to be forced to issue a refund. It's that simple. You need to make them understand they are going to be required to mail "something" back and you're not going to just bend and issue a refund without them doing that first. If you get stubborn then eBay will just give them a refund from your pocket without requiring they send something back to you.

Most of the time a buyer will disappear when they realize they have to go through the hassle of sending an item back because that takes work. They will also either disappear or get angry when they realize you're opening a mail fraud complaint with the postal inspector (this is a real thing and can be done online) because that puts them on the radar of USPS.

Did you send this via first class? If you sent it by priority mail it has at least $50 of insurance built in ($100 if you're a top-rated seller) so you could open an actual insurance claim with USPS if you went that route.

Another trick I try and do is talk to the other eBay sellers the buyer has done business with. You can typically find this out by looking at who has left them feedback as most bigger sellers, even individuals leave feedback at either the time they recieve payment or when they create a label.

Good luck

You need to stop engaging buyer's like this. You don't need to defend yourself or go on the offensive. In a situation like this where the buyer is claiming something ridiculous versus something possible (i.e. game arrived damage, wouldn't play in his console, etc.) I would always counter by stating:

[/start]

Dear buyer,

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with your order. My records show that you were sent a factory sealed copy of Halo: MCC for Xbox One. The order details state that this product was delivered to you on (insert date).

If you are claiming that you received a different product, that also happened to be used and damaged, then the only reasonable explanation is that the package and its contents were tampered with after being handed over to the USPS (assuming that's who you shipped with). Before I can provide you with assistance I will need to file a mail fraud claim with the USPS Postal Inspector as tampering with mail is a felony and very serious offense. After I file the report it is possible that you may receive a follow up questionnaire from someone at your local post office; do not be alarmed, this is standard procedure and it helps the USPS figure out where the fraud may have occurred.

Once I hear back from the Postal Inspector I will let you know. Please hold onto the packaging and its contents as you will need to return them to me before I can process a refund. This is eBay and PayPal policy.

[/end]

Look if the buyer is a scammer and they open a dispute via eBay (have they already opened one?) you are going to be forced to issue a refund. It's that simple. You need to make them understand they are going to be required to mail "something" back and you're not going to just bend and issue a refund without them doing that first. If you get stubborn then eBay will just give them a refund from your pocket without requiring they send something back to you.

Most of the time a buyer will disappear when they realize they have to go through the hassle of sending an item back because that takes work. They will also either disappear or get angry when they realize you're opening a mail fraud complaint with the postal inspector (this is a real thing and can be done online) because that puts them on the radar of USPS.

Did you send this via first class? If you sent it by priority mail it has at least $50 of insurance built in ($100 if you're a top-rated seller) so you could open an actual insurance claim with USPS if you went that route.

Another trick I try and do is talk to the other eBay sellers the buyer has done business with. You can typically find this out by looking at who has left them feedback as most bigger sellers, even individuals leave feedback at either the time they recieve payment or when they create a label.

Good luck
I will try the mail fraud complaint. I was overly nasty with the buyer - just stated it was factory sealed when I sent it and that I found their allegations rude while I have an excellent eBay history. I know you can't stop the scammers, but they are annoying. Another guy filed a credit card chageback from like 4 months ago saying his card was stolen yet the item was shipped directly to company which is the same as his username on eBay. I think I won that because I showed I shipped to his verified paypal address that is also his company address, etc. - but I've been waiting for the final outcome for like a month now as paypal forwards the info to the CC company..

He had opened the original return case and I responded to him as I mentioend above. Now he just goes and mails it without going through ebay. He says it is in the mail and he is sorry for saying negative things to me.

The return case is still open because I never accepted it and stated that the game was brand new. What should I do now with this? He already left neutral feedback (which I don't care about).

He had opened the original return case and I responded to him as I mentioend above. Now he just goes and mails it without going through ebay. He says it is in the mail and he is sorry for saying negative things to me.

The return case is still open because I never accepted it and stated that the game was brand new. What should I do now with this? He already left neutral feedback (which I don't care about).
Very odd. So it definitely sounds like someone inexperienced who thought they could take advantage of you by just saying they got the wrong item. As reputable sellers we know that stuff like this doesn't just happen. If the game does actually come back as it was, give him the cash back and just be glad it wasn't worse. If it's opened, meh, some negative feedback is probably warranted but no big deal. If nothing shows up or something else comes, I'd think there are steps in the return process that you can take as a seller to protect yourself just as a buyer can when purchasing. Keep an eye on how long the case has. I've only had one problem with not receiving the correct item and it was cheap enough that it worked out in my favor. Seller wanted me to pay to return a $2 keychain, and I said "No way, that'd be more than twice what I paid for it, send me the right one!". He got some bad feedback for his negligence and had to make a new eBay account to restore his pristine feedback lol. Policies have changed a lot since then though.

I bought a fraudulent Club Nintendo code and have no way to say I didn't receive my item since the seller marked it as shipped. I can't report the item as significantly not as described since I haven't paid. So I'm stuck with eBay asking for cash on something I didn't get, and it stays stuck in my cart in the mobile app for some reason lol. Oh well, don't know if there's anything else I can do. If I get an unpaid item strike it will go away eventually. I rarely have problems with eBay.

If the game does actually come back as it was, give him the cash back and just be glad it wasn't worse. If it's opened, meh, some negative feedback is probably warranted but no big deal. If nothing shows up or something else comes, I'd think there are steps in the return process that you can take as a seller to protect yourself just as a buyer can when purchasing. Keep an eye on how long the case has.
Its supposed to be a brand new Halo MCC he is sending back a damaged Call of Duty disc that he shoved in there. I'm supposed to respond to him by tomorrow, I've already responded saying that I was going to set up a postal investigation to make sure nobody tampered with the package (since he is the one who is trying to scam) and now he left neutral feedback. I think he is hoping I'll feel bad and give him the money back.

But since he opened the return request will eBay give him the money back even though he has already sent it before I agreed or ebay told him to.

Well there's a LOT of variables here, but if the item qualified for eBay's hassle-free return process (sounds like it did since you were notified of a return) there should be tracking on the shipment they must have paid for. Looks like once you receive it you have 6 days to refund. Check out the page on this for more info, should have been the first thing you did if you haven't already.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/return-item.html

Here's the seller's version, pretty much the same thing. They'll probably have you refund the shipping.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/item-not-as-described.html

Well there's a LOT of variables here, but if the item qualified for eBay's hassle-free return process (sounds like it did since you were notified of a return) there should be tracking on the shipment they must have paid for. Looks like once you receive it you have 6 days to refund. Check out the page on this for more info, should have been the first thing you did if you haven't already.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/return-item.html

Here's the seller's version, pretty much the same thing. They'll probably have you refund the shipping.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/item-not-as-described.html
They did a return request because they say the item was significantly not as described. Saying in the new game case was a broken call of duty. Then before eBay approved any returns or investigate they took it upon themselves to apparently drop it in the mail just going by the return address on the envelope.

They did a return request because they say the item was significantly not as described. Saying in the new game case was a broken call of duty. Then before eBay approved any returns or investigate they took it upon themselves to apparently drop it in the mail just going by the return address on the envelope.
Ah so it has to be approved for a return? Well looks like they didn't do their homework lol. I wouldn't be too worried about it then, if they can't figure out how the return process works I doubt they'll know how to fix it if they screwed it up. Again I can't see the case so I'm not sure what stage it's in or what the time limit is but you should have it figured out by the time you get the item in the mail.

eBay sent out a new seller newsletter with fee updates:

Fee updates encourage use of listing formats and durations for greater selling success
To improve the visibility of sought-after merchandise—and help sellers increase their sales—eBay is introducing a number of updates to eBay's listing fees and features on May 1. Changes include:

Unlimited insertion fee credits for listings that sell in auction. As an incentive for using the auction-style format successfully, sellers will be credited for the insertion fee on auction-style listings when that item sells (exclusions apply†).

Adjustments to monthly allotments of free listings. eBay will update the monthly allotments of free listings*—zero insertion fees—for both eBay Stores subscribers and sellers without an eBay Store.

The 10-day duration on auction-style listings will no longer have an added feature fee. Sellers can maximize visibility and enjoy our longest duration for auction-style listings.

A $1 special duration feature fee per listing for sellers who choose 1- or 3-day auction-style listings. Charging this fee will help discourage the use of shorter durations where they are least successful.

Reserve price will increase. This feature fee will increase in price to the greater of $3, or 2% of the reserve price (the minimum price that must be met for your item to sell), with a cap of $100.

See all updates to fees and features.

I wish some buyers took better responsibility and care with how they shop on ebay.

This dude made an offer on an item I'm selling and says that another seller has the same item (but different condition and no original box) for $xx.xx. I sat on their offer for a day because it was significantly less than my listed price, but I ended up accepting the offer and sent him the invoice. I get a message back saying they already bought the item from the other seller because I didn't respond fast enough.

Rather than have to deal with more bullshit from this buyer than I need to, I canceled the transaction. It's just so irritating that they didn't bother to retract the offer or message me after they bought it from the other seller.

Rather than have to deal with more bullshit from this buyer than I need to, I canceled the transaction. It's just so irritating that they didn't bother to retract the offer or message me after they bought it from the other seller.
I'm not sure that I even knew you can retract offers before they're accepted. Makes sense, it's fair. I think it's just that when you submit an offer you have to click through the ok, I agree to pay this price, and it feels like you're locked in until the seller either accepts or rejects. I really do like the feature though, I've gotten some great deals through it.

I'm not sure that I even knew you can retract offers before they're accepted. Makes sense, it's fair. I think it's just that when you submit an offer you have to click through the ok, I agree to pay this price, and it feels like you're locked in until the seller either accepts or rejects. I really do like the feature though, I've gotten some great deals through it.
The option to make an offer is definitely awesome to have and I've been able to work deals as both a buyer and as a seller.

Now whether or not the buyer didn't know about being able to retract the offer (which I would be surprised given their feedback is over 500), they could have also sent me a message saying they already bought one and to disregard their offer. What had happened is not the end of the world, but just irritating and wasting unnecessary time to have to cancel the purchase, relist the item, etc.

I just had the second item in the last month get lost through the Post Office. It was a $50 item sent first-class with no insurance, so basically my only hope is that ebay will issue the buyer a courtesy refund(so I'm not out the game & money).

Sold an amiibo on ebay and the seller wanted a 50% refund because the cardboard somehow got a little miniscule scuff mark on it during shipping that I couldn't even see in his provided photos it was so small. Told him no way I'm doing that and if he wants to return it, he can feel free, but I'm not paying for return shipping. We eventually settled on an $5 discount.

I really hate dealing with OCD buyers

Sold an amiibo on ebay and the seller wanted a 50% refund because the cardboard somehow got a little miniscule scuff mark on it during shipping that I couldn't even see in his provided photos it was so small. Told him no way I'm doing that and if he wants to return it, he can feel free, but I'm not paying for return shipping. We eventually settled on an $5 discount.

I can't believe you actually gave him anything. I would have just ignored him.

I'm waiting to see what happens with the guy who said he sent me back the game (that he stole out of the case). He didn't even wait for eBay to give him approval for a return or anything. And now he is saying stuff like if you see fit to return my money, blah blah blah.

Should I just refuse the package, refund him the money or get the package and throw it away (I wish this was the easiest).

I've seen this a couple of times now too, totally anal OCD collectors that refuse anything but pristine, fresh out of the printer quality. With the way these things are manufactured, shipped, handled, displayed, and sold, there's just no way! A minuscule dent are you kidding me?! If you have a condition I'm sorry, but otherwise come on, you have to draw a realistic line somewhere.

I'm waiting to see what happens with the guy who said he sent me back the game (that he stole out of the case). He didn't even wait for eBay to give him approval for a return or anything. And now he is saying stuff like if you see fit to return my money, blah blah blah.

Should I just refuse the package, refund him the money or get the package and throw it away (I wish this was the easiest).
Wait so you did get his package and the game was missing? Well that was tragically predictable. Screw it no way you're giving him any cash, take photos of what you've got (I probably would have done an opening video lol) to protect yourself. You can report in the case that you refuse what was sent?

I've seen this a couple of times now too, totally anal OCD collectors that refuse anything but pristine, fresh out of the printer quality. With the way these things are manufactured, shipped, handled, displayed, and sold, there's just no way! A minuscule dent are you kidding me?! If you have a condition I'm sorry, but otherwise come on, you have to draw a realistic line somewhere.
I'll admit I can be like that, depending on the item. But if your listing is $20 higher, and you claim everything is pristine and perfect, you should expect me to be unhappy if it wasn't the case and I could have gone with someone else for $20+ less for the exact same quality.

Or this one time, I had a "Like New" phone that came with dried tomato juice in every crevice. I'm sorry, but I didn't just pay $400 for something I don't even want to touch.

Personally, I would just take the game and trade it in and tell the buyer you never got the package if he didn't have any tracking included. I know it comes across really sketchy but this is an exception to the rule here where I think it's warrantied. There is no way anybody would go out of their way to steal a game from the MS store and swap it with another game. First of all, all games at the MS store are not enclosed in anti-theft cases. Anybody that wanted to steal a game could easily do so without going through the return hassle. Secondly, if a disc would be swapped out, they could put anything else older or even a blank disc. Third, the most likely scenario is the guy is just trying to scam you through the old eBay way and the buyer is just figuring this out along the way.

So no, I would not entertain the refund in this case. It just doesn't feel like an honest buyer to me. I would teach him a lesson by expecting him to pay for another copy of the CoD game and force his hand through the eBay returns process. He'll think twice about scamming anybody on eBay when he sees all of the hassle he has to go through.

Also, GBA has some great experience with eBay. He obviously knows what he's doing when it comes to this kind of stuff so I appreciate his contributions here. He doesn't seem as popular in the other cag sections but at least he pulls his weight. Thanks for all the advice man.

Wait so you did get his package and the game was missing? Well that was tragically predictable. Screw it no way you're giving him any cash, take photos of what you've got (I probably would have done an opening video lol) to protect yourself. You can report in the case that you refuse what was sent?
I didn't get it yet - but what I'm supposedly getting is a cracked Call of Duty disc that he somehow found in the sealed Halo MCC I got from the MS Store website. I am more than willing to make up for stuff when I mistake the quality of something or something is damged, but the outright scamming is just annoying.

I didn't get it yet - but what I'm supposedly getting is a cracked Call of Duty disc that he somehow found in the sealed Halo MCC I got from the MS Store website. I am more than willing to make up for stuff when I mistake the quality of something or something is damged, but the outright scamming is just annoying.
Ah, so he stole the actual disc and replaced it with one of his broken games, wow. The douchometer level is off the charts. Sorry for your bad luck, hope you teach him a lesson.

bread's done
Back