The General eBay Rant Thread

I've absolutely Fing had it with the whole "resealing games" bullshit. Bought a game off ebay from a reputable seller. Asked him before hand if his game was brand new factory sealed. He said yes. I get the game with that cheap factory wrap, the security sticker isn't on securely(it was a 360 game) I open the game case and there is no game disc inside.

Why the fuck do people continue to sell games resealed and think it's ok? Ugh.

I've been using Fed Ex an awful lot recently and it is a good amount cheaper alot of the times. Most stuff I mail out is media mail (TPBs and other books) but Fed Ex is almost always cheaper for anything above that.
Yeah, most anything 2-3 lbs and up its been cheaper to ship with FedEx than USPS, so the big rate changes won't really affect me unless FedEx follows suit.

Increases always suck - but the additional 3 ounces on first class mail could be useful.
This is actually a good thing, as most of the stuff I ship is 16 oz or less. It was ridiculous how much something would bump up in price from 13 oz to 14 oz before.

I hate it when I buy stuff from a newer seller and then the payment says unclaimed and that the email is not registered with a PayPal account. Also, eBay messages make it very difficult to tell them what the problem is and what they need to do in order to fix it. eBay doesn't let me give them the email address that they need to link, also PayPal won't let me cancel the payment.

I've been selling on eBay for 12 years w/ 100% feedback and have an experienced buyer trying to return 3 NES games ($150 total) to me even though I cleaned and tested them before shipment. He said that all 3 games didn't work. Which is a lie.

I asked him to clean his console and possibly clean the games again and try them to work. But he keeps coming back saying the games don't work.

I am worried that he's going to return back to me different games that I shipped to him that don't work or he's going to swap out the boards of the games and replace it with broken boards.

I really want to tell him that I won't accept the return. At this point I don't care about the first negative feedback rating, I just don't want junk games returned to me that don't work and then be out $150.

I know that Ebay will be on his side since they don't care about the sellers.

What should I do?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Hey guys,

Just wanted to give an update regarding the resolution.

I replied back to the buyer and told him that I won't accept a return since I know that all games were tested and worked before shipment. I was worried that if I allowed a return, he would send me back different games that didn't work and I would have a hard time proving that the games he returned were not the games I sent. I even said that I will reject the package and mark as "return to sender" if he tries to send anything back.

The buyer then left me negative feedback.

I then called ebay and explained my situation and indicated that the buyer misused the feedback system by stating that the games were not as described. To my happiness, ebay agreed with me and removed the feedback!

Its worth noting that the buyer's ebay name is: Nintendosforsale

I did a google search and they are a game re-selling company based in Kentucky that has a lot of negative comments/reviews for scamming their customers! I definitely suggest to avoid buying from this site!

Thanks for all of your replies!

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give an update regarding the resolution.

I replied back to the buyer and told him that I won't accept a return since I know that all games were tested and worked before shipment. I was worried that if I allowed a return, he would send me back different games that didn't work and I would have a hard time proving that the games he returned were not the games I sent. I even said that I will reject the package and mark as "return to sender" if he tries to send anything back.

The buyer then left me negative feedback.

I then called ebay and explained my situation and indicated that the buyer misused the feedback system by stating that the games were not as described. To my happiness, ebay agreed with me and removed the feedback!

Its worth noting that the buyer's ebay name is: Nintendosforsale

I did a google search and they are a game re-selling company based in Kentucky that has a lot of negative comments/reviews for scamming their customers! I definitely suggest to avoid buying from this site!

Thanks for all of your replies!
I'm surprised your tactic was successful. I feel like I've heard of that user before, maybe I sold something to them in the past year or two.

Had the first person try to scam me in a long time.

Sold 20 dollars in google play. Was going to ship out the giftcard. Person asked if I could also send the codes too before I send out the cards, just so that he can use it first. Guy had 100+ feedback with alot of recent.

I thought might as well. Then I will ship it out so I have the tracking and stuff.

Person bought it at llike 10 am this morning. I said I wouldn't be able to send the codes until like 530 or so until after work. I send codes at 5:45 and at 6ish I get the e-mail saying they are doing a chargeback because of unauthorized use.

So the person bought it this morning, waited until I sent the codes and immediately filed the complaint. Luckily I was paying attention. I jumped onto my gmail account and was able to add the 20 dollars to my account. Appears the scammer didn't add the funds to his account yet.

So I lucked out with that one. I've never had that happen before, though I haven't sold a code or anything else in years. Oh well, lucky at least.

So an eBay case that was opened against me for a SNAD item was automatically closed after 45 days of non-activity from the buyer.  I requested the buyer to ship the item back to me for a full refund while telling him he had to pay out of pocket for the shipping costs.  I was fibbing about the shipping responsibilities but I basically called his bluff because he complained to me that my CoD steelbook was crushed when it arrive when the way he described it made it sounded totally bogus.  He never bothered to ship it back so the scumbag was probably trying to scam me.  So that was nice to finally put that behind me. 

If you guys haven't used your eBay bucks don't forget to use them as they're supposed to expire soon (tomorrow I think). You can roll them into eBay gift cards if you're undecided.

I just sold something like 30 minutes ago and the guy has already emailed me with "When are you sending it to me?". I can already tell he's going to be a headache.

I'm getting rather annoyed. I bought a pal region Xbox game from some seller in Spain. I got a ship confirm on the 1st, but the tracking status STILL says "shipping info received" 6 days later. WTF!?

Last edited by a moderator:
I purchased Watchdogs collectors edition from ebay, however when it arrived it wasn't what was shown in the images and instead all I received was the steelbook case w/game. I waited until I was able to ask for a refund, when I did the seller replied with "How do". So I went ahead made a complaint to Ebay and not only did I get a refund, I got to keep the game and they closed his account lol. Even funnier he already got three negative reviews back to back with one buyer saying that the seller was asking to pay for phone activation outside of Ebay so he got what he deserved I guess.

Had the first person try to scam me in a long time.

Sold 20 dollars in google play. Was going to ship out the giftcard. Person asked if I could also send the codes too before I send out the cards, just so that he can use it first. Guy had 100+ feedback with alot of recent.

I thought might as well. Then I will ship it out so I have the tracking and stuff.

Person bought it at llike 10 am this morning. I said I wouldn't be able to send the codes until like 530 or so until after work. I send codes at 5:45 and at 6ish I get the e-mail saying they are doing a chargeback because of unauthorized use.

So the person bought it this morning, waited until I sent the codes and immediately filed the complaint. Luckily I was paying attention. I jumped onto my gmail account and was able to add the 20 dollars to my account. Appears the scammer didn't add the funds to his account yet.

So I lucked out with that one. I've never had that happen before, though I haven't sold a code or anything else in years. Oh well, lucky at least.
Glad you were able to protect yourself. In the future, all you need to win an "unauthorized use" dispute chargeback through eBay is "proof of shipment" (see section 11.3C of the PayPal User agreement).

In this situation, the label receipt that prints with your label (assuming you create your label in eBay would have worked). I typically staple the label receipt to a copy of the paypal invoice which I print and file.

That's why when a buyer requests that I e-mail the code, as well as ship it, I will agree to, but only after I've already printed a label. That way if they immediately file an INR they'll look stupid, and I'll win (assuming it ends up being delivered) or if they file an unauthorized use chargeback I'll also win (because I have proof of shipment; remember you must ALWAYS ship to the address on the PayPal invoice, you lose all seller protection if you ship to any other address, even if altered slightly).

The sure bet for a scammer is to file SNAD because you're going to lose as the seller 99% of the time.

I've got a retarded buyer. I ship out the item late and the bastard opens an INR case as soon as he can. After the item is delivered, and I ask him to close it, he says he "can't" because eBay "won't let him" and that I should wait until the 20th for eBay to close it themselves. I know that the case closing process is a little confusing to some people so I give him detailed instructions on how to do it... twice. No reply either time. What should I do? Ask eBay to step in and help? Wait until the 20th? eBay will side with me on this, right?

I've got a retarded buyer. I ship out the item late and the bastard opens an INR case as soon as he can. After the item is delivered, and I ask him to close it, he says he "can't" because eBay "won't let him" and that I should wait until the 20th for eBay to close it themselves. I know that the case closing process is a little confusing to some people so I give him detailed instructions on how to do it... twice. No reply either time. What should I do? Ask eBay to step in and help? Wait until the 20th? eBay will side with me on this, right?
Have eBay close it; if eBay closes it, in your favor, which they will assuming the tracking shows delivered to the buyer's zip code and you sent it to the address on the PayPal invoice, then he won't be able to leave you feedback once it's closed.

If it times out, it still counts as a case being opened against you, although I don't think that's a defect metric standard anymore as of this month, but he would still be able to leave feedback

Have eBay close it; if eBay closes it, in your favor, which they will assuming the tracking shows delivered to the buyer's zip code and you sent it to the address on the PayPal invoice, then he won't be able to leave you feedback once it's closed.

If it times out, it still counts as a case being opened against you, although I don't think that's a defect metric standard anymore as of this month, but he would still be able to leave feedback
Thanks a ton. I did what you suggested. eBay ruled in my favor. Seller cannot leave feedback for this transaction and the case will not count against me. No more open cases for me anymore.

Not really a complaint against eBay, but my cousin pre-ordered Digimon from Gamestop and got his DLC for it, and the code didn't work for whatever reason, so I took him back to the store and they said no problem we'll replace it. Then the manager said huh, that's funny, we usually have plenty of replacements for these kinds of situations, we must have ran out. It's rare we run out that fast. So we left with nothing, but he told me to contact Namco Bandai.

I go on ebay and see some dude selling a billion of them at $99.99 apiece.. gee... I wonder where the one the manager was going to give my cousin went. Looking at the guy's ebay sales, he must have sold $20,000 worth of DLC in the last 3 months alone. Some Gamestop employee out there is taking advantage. Oh, and he is selling a ton of those Fallout 4 sodas too. Hoarders gonna hoard.

Not really a complaint against eBay, but my cousin pre-ordered Digimon from Gamestop and got his DLC for it, and the code didn't work for whatever reason, so I took him back to the store and they said no problem we'll replace it. Then the manager said huh, that's funny, we usually have plenty of replacements for these kinds of situations, we must have ran out. It's rare we run out that fast. So we left with nothing, but he told me to contact Namco Bandai.

I go on ebay and see some dude selling a billion of them at $99.99 apiece.. gee... I wonder where the one the manager was going to give my cousin went. Looking at the guy's ebay sales, he must have sold $20,000 worth of DLC in the last 3 months alone. Some Gamestop employee out there is taking advantage. Oh, and he is selling a ton of those Fallout 4 sodas too. Hoarders gonna hoard.
Have you tried the code again? Sony frequrntly doesn't load the DLC for new games until a couple days after its out.

Thanks a ton. I did what you suggested. eBay ruled in my favor. Seller cannot leave feedback for this transaction and the case will not count against me. No more open cases for me anymore.
Good. Good to hear. As much as it sucks having to contact eBay (wait times, outsourced CSR's, etc.) it is ALWAYS in the best interest of the seller to have a case closed in their favor the moment the tracking shows delivered, that way the buyer can't leave feedback and the case doesn't count.

So I sold a copy of Devils Third on eBay. I bubble wrapped the item (like I do all games I send out) and sent it on its way. Just tonight, the buyer messeges me claiming the case is ripped and cover art is ruined. What should I do? The buyer is requesting a refund.

southparkboy619:

Hey there,

I received my game today, and the entire front case is ripped, and there is crinkling and tearing in the cover art. This was not present in the photos, and I am not happy that the game arrived in this condition. I would like to know how you want to proceed from here.

Thanks in advance,
-Brody

Me:

I am very sorry and shocked to hear that! The game that was sent to you was the exact game in the photos, I only ever had one copy. The game was packaged securely and wrapped in bubble wrap so I have absolutely no idea how this could have happened. It was sent out in perfect condition so any damage must have happened during shipping which surprises me. I would recommend that you file a claim via the USPS. https://www.usps.com/help/claims.htm I am truly sorry this has happened to your game Brody. I am a game collector my self and would be devistated if this happened to me.

Buyer:
Hey,

Honestly, I feel as though I have no place to make a claim with USPS as I was not the person shipping the item. It did seem as though you took some precautions during shipping, so I'm not certain at what point the damage could have happened. In all honesty, I would just like to be refunded and have return shipping covered so that I can purchase another copy of the game. Since you included bubble wrap over the item, you would definitely have grounds for a claim with USPS. I'm sure this may not be how you saw this transaction turning out, but I think it would be most beneficial for me.

Thanks again,
-Brody

^ This sounds like a classic case of buyer's remorse (how much did you sell it for? I'm guessing he realized he can get it from Amazon/Gamestop for cheaper) where he makes up a fault in the condition in order to get you to front return shipping or accept the return

The shitty thing about it, is if he's making it up and sends you back a perfect copy, you'll know he was lying, so he might stomp on the case or something before sending it back just so it looks as he described. Of course, if the box is undamaged, you'll know he was full of it. If you load up a game in bubble wrap and packing materials, it's almost physically impossible for a case to be shredded and a cover art torn without damage to the box. I mean how would it? the only thing to cause it would be for it to slide around inside, and if it's loaded with bubble wrap and packing material there's nowhere for it to go.

In cases like that I'll never ever pay return shipping. I'd rather get the negative, and dispute it later.

He has more at stake than a negative. If the buyer files a SNAD (which it sounds like he might resort to) he will have to accept a return or eBay will refund the buyer without making him return it and take it out of Bearsfan's Paypal.

What I would do is ignore him/refuse a return. If he does open a SNAD, accept the return. If he doesn't, you're good.

Why not just assume that he's telling the truth, accept the return and move on? If I purchased something that arrived in that condition, I'd be upset to. And even if USPS damaged the item, the seller is still responsible. Insurance protects the seller, not the buyer, assuming it was even purchased.

Why not just assume that he's telling the truth, accept the return and move on? If I purchased something that arrived in that condition, I'd be upset to. And even if USPS damaged the item, the seller is still responsible. Insurance protects the seller, not the buyer, assuming it was even purchased.
No, once the tracking confirms that USPS or whoever has received the package, eBay considers that out of the seller's hands.

No, once the tracking confirms that USPS or whoever has received the package, eBay considers that out of the seller's hands.
If the item is damaged in transit, it is the seller's responsibility. To say otherwise is irresponsible. The buyer has no control over how the seller packages the item.

You're absolutely correct for proof of delivery. That assurance does not extend to condition of the item.

If the package was insured, contact USPS before accepting the return. The buyer will be required to cooperate by providing pictures and descriptions of the damage, and possibly the packing materials. If they're lying, then they may not follow through and drop the dispute.

Anyone know what happens if a buyer requests a cancellation, and you send the cancellation request and the buyer never confirms it? It says they have 10 days.

Apologies if this is the wrong thread for this, but I couldn't find one more appropriate.

I'm heading down to the US for a bit and I figured I would take this opportunity to pick up some games that aren't readily available in Canada (not for a reasonable price, anyway).  Some of the games are being sold by third-party vendors on Amazon.com.  Specifically, Deal Tavern USA and Best Honest Dealz.  I've already checked into the legitimacy of Deal Tavern and they seem all right.  A lot of their stuff is also fulfilled by Amazon, so that should help if I happen to run into any issues.

Best Honest Dealz is the vendor I'm wary of.  Due to the generic name, Google isn't much help.  According to their feedback, they seem all right, but feedback on sites like Amazon and Ebay is always so brief and impersonal. Ergo, basically useless.

So yeah, anyone have any feedback on either of those (positive of negative)?  I'm mostly concerned with getting reseals.  Not that I'm a hardcore collector or anything, but when I pay for something new, I'd like for it to actually be new.

Deal Tavern a lot of people probably have heard of / bought from. Never heard of Best Honest Dealz. I'm always wary of people who have to explicitly say they're honest though.

I'm always wary of people who have to explicitly say they're honest though.
Good point, lol. Funnily enough, in their product description, they've written: BEWARE OF SELLERS SELLING IMPORTS/BOOTLEGS.

I guess I should thank them for the advice? The edgification of "deals" into "dealz" also rubs me the wrong way, but that might just be me. :p

I might still give them a chance, since the game I want is hard to find at a reasonable price.

Good point, lol. Funnily enough, in their product description, they've written: BEWARE OF SELLERS SELLING IMPORTS/BOOTLEGS.

I guess I should thank them for the advice? The edgification of "deals" into "dealz" also rubs me the wrong way, but that might just be me. :p

I might still give them a chance, since the game I want is hard to find at a reasonable price.
Mind if i ask what game you were looking to buy from them?

Love when I log into ebay and have 6 new messages all from the same person. "Hi, I wondering if this item includes [insert whatever here]?"

Then another message 20 minutes later "Hello?"

Another message 10 minutes later "Hello???? You there?"

Another message 20 minutes later repeating the initial question. Then more messages.

At that point, I don't even respond, I just block. I assume these are all like 10 year old kids, but I wonder if some of these people are really nutty adults sometimes.

Love when I log into ebay and have 6 new messages all from the same person. "Hi, I wondering if this item includes [insert whatever here]?"

Then another message 20 minutes later "Hello?"

Another message 10 minutes later "Hello???? You there?"

Another message 20 minutes later repeating the initial question. Then more messages.

At that point, I don't even respond, I just block. I assume these are all like 10 year old kids, but I wonder if some of these people are really nutty adults sometimes.
I think people in general have forgotten a) manners and b) that big companies who can provide live chat 24/7 and private people selling stuff and have lives outside of that are two different things. It's also been my experience that people who interact like you describe are usually either tire kickers, the kind of people who want you to hold the item until they get paid (which they never do) or, if they do actually send money, will try to cancel for the flimsiest reason right after you leave the post office. I think blocking and moving on is wise.

Just had a buyer file an unauthorized chargeback through paypal for a FE Fates that i sold for $250. How can i win this?

They probably post on here or NowinStock (they've been openly talking about it on there). Im pissed off, and it is through paypal

They say its unauthorized but its been delivered for over a week and don't want to send it back. Ive uploaded tracking information and a receipt. Is that enough?

[attachment=20810:image.jpeg]

Just had a buyer file an unauthorized chargeback through paypal for a FE Fates that i sold for $250. How can i win this?

They probably post on here or NowinStock (they've been openly talking about it on there). Im pissed off, and it is through paypal

They say its unauthorized but its been delivered for over a week and don't want to send it back. Ive uploaded tracking information and a receipt. Is that enough?
Per the PayPal User agreement, all you need for seller protection against an unauthorized use dispute/chargeback is PROOF OF SHIPMENT.

For domestic shipments tracking is typically enough, especially if it shows delivered (again it doesn't have to, you just have to prove that you shipped it). You can get a PayPal agent to release the funds if you call in however the case will stay open for up to a few weeks while PayPal fight the case with the credit card company.

Refer to section 11.3C of the user agreement if you have to.

REMEMBER THOUGH... you must have shipped the item to the EXACT address on the paypal invoice. If you altered it in any way at the request of the buyer you will lose your protection.

Sometimes it also helps, if you shipped via eBay labels, to take a screenshot of the e-mail receipt you get from eBay after you created the label showing the address where the item was dispatched to and the tracking number so that the PayPal agent can cross reference it against the carriers tracking information online.

I called in 20mins ago and was refunded since I had tracking that showed it was delivered. She stated that PP themselves would handle the case. I'm still pretty pissed off.

His eBay ID is

ogdejos

Question: when do you usually cancel a transaction if you sold an item but the buyer has not paid? I tried contacting the buyer directly & sending them invoices.

Question: when do you usually cancel a transaction if you sold an item but the buyer has not paid? I tried contacting the buyer directly & sending them invoices.
The earliest I can file a buyer has not paid dispute, which then takes 3 more days to close. So it takes like 6-7 days total.

Had a buyer do a credit card chargeback like 2-3 months after I sold a PS4. Took two phone calls to resolve, but both calls were less than 5 minutes total. They showed where it was delivered, and probably showed the credit card it was a fraudulent chargeback.

The earliest I can file a buyer has not paid dispute, which then takes 3 more days to close. So it takes like 6-7 days total.

Had a buyer do a credit card chargeback like 2-3 months after I sold a PS4. Took two phone calls to resolve, but both calls were less than 5 minutes total. They showed where it was delivered, and probably showed the credit card it was a fraudulent chargeback.
I've heard lots of people having chargebacks done. How does it alert you about it? eBay or Paypal? I don't check Paypal religiously and so I wonder if some people have successfully filed a fraudulent chargeback on me without me noticing.

You'll get an email like the picture I posted above, and your balance will be in the red. Use your eBay/PayPal labels as reference like GBAstar stated. You'll be refunded while they deal with the scammer themselves

You'll get an email like the picture I posted above, and your balance will be in the red. Use your eBay/PayPal labels as reference like GBAstar stated. You'll be refunded while they deal with the scammer themselves
I've heard lots of people having chargebacks done. How does it alert you about it? eBay or Paypal? I don't check Paypal religiously and so I wonder if some people have successfully filed a fraudulent chargeback on me without me noticing.

You'll get a notification from PayPal and typically you have 10 days to respond. You'll get a notification once it's opened, and then again they typically send a second and third (Final) e-mail notice warning you that they need your response.

The e-mails will go to the same e-mail account that you get payment notifications to (like when you sell an item)

I sent them another eBay message after getting no response stating that I have filed police reports and reports to the government (IC3, BBB, and USPS) for fraud and received a response/bs excuse within 1hr....lol. Already filed the reports so it's too late for him.

The scammer is obviously scared and wants to back out since he realized he decided to jip the wrong person (what moron tries to scam a power seller?).

So i finally got my first negative feedback yesterday and the seller commented that the case arrived broken.I shipped out black ops 3 for xbox one in a bubble mailer and i can guarantee that i was not broken because i have shipped out about 60 -70 cases the same way and without issues.Is there any way i can get the negative removed? Also buyer never notified me of the situation or problem so i could never resolve it.

So i finally got my first negative feedback yesterday and the seller commented that the case arrived broken.I shipped out black ops 3 for xbox one in a bubble mailer and i can guarantee that i was not broken because i have shipped out about 60 -70 cases the same way and without issues.Is there any way i can get the negative removed? Also buyer never notified me of the situation or problem so i could never resolve it.
It's possible for a case to get broken in the mail, it just rarely happens when you put then in bubble mailers. eBay won't remove the feedback, but you could send a "request feedback change" to the buyer.

It's possible for a case to get broken in the mail, it just rarely happens when you put then in bubble mailers. eBay won't remove the feedback, but you could send a "request feedback change" to the buyer.
I will do that and report back and see how the buyer responds.Or should i offer a replacement case in hope that they remove the feedback?

bread's done
Back