The General eBay Rant Thread

Was he banned or did he just delete his account because he was scared?
Banned lol. I reported him and gave eBay the Paypal case ID, I also emailed them the police & IC3 reports (don't know whether they read it or not). Initially, when he filed the chargeback, i messaged him within 1hr. Didn't get a response for 30+hrs. He sent me three emails as soon as he was banned from eBay. How quick they respond when their scam blows up in their face.

eBay emailed me stating that they banned him and I would be credited my FVF back as well. Pretty nice to get my money back for a Videogame sold for $250+ and not have to pay any 20% fees on it. A lot of Nintendo fanboys in that NowinStock thread and in the CAG collectors edition thread were talking about filing chargebacks on ebayers that were selling FE Fates SE since they can't stop crying about not getting one.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of Nintendo fanboys in that NowinStock thread and in the CAG collectors edition thread were talking about filing chargebacks on ebayers that were selling FE Fates SE since they can't stop crying about not getting one.
That's kind of fucked up. I understand why they're mad about not getting one but that's a little overboard.

Banned lol. I reported him and gave eBay the Paypal case ID, I also emailed them the police & IC3 reports (don't know whether they read it or not). Initially, when he filed the chargeback, i messaged him within 1hr. Didn't get a response for 30+hrs. He sent me three emails as soon as he was banned from eBay. How quick they respond when their scam blows up in their face.

eBay emailed me stating that they banned him and I would be credited my FVF back as well. Pretty nice to get my money back for a Videogame sold for $250+ and not have to pay any 20% fees on it. A lot of Nintendo fanboys in that NowinStock thread and in the CAG collectors edition thread were talking about filing chargebacks on ebayers that were selling FE Fates SE since they can't stop crying about not getting one.
Again, what did the three emails from the scammer say exactly? I notice this often on CAG but sometimes people will post something but leave out all of the details assuming we know when all the details are only going to be in your head and not ours. We’re genuinely curious what a scammer is trying to say to cover his ass. As we mentioned before, uploading your tracking number was going to cover you so it’s good to see a scammer didn’t prevail.

Again, what did the three emails from the scammer say exactly? I notice this often on CAG but sometimes people will post something but leave out all of the details assuming we know when all the details are only going to be in your head and not ours. We’re genuinely curious what a scammer is trying to say to cover his ass. As we mentioned before, uploading your tracking number was going to cover you so it’s good to see a scammer didn’t prevail.
Only one person asked for the email details so I PMed them. Anyways, here you go peeps. Kid didn't even bother to X out the CC number. Don't know why they're acting frantic and sending messages when they ignored me for 31+ hrs (while speaking through PP resolution center) before I brought up the word fraud , police reports, BBB reports, ic3 reports, and he realized his eBay account was suspended. He wants to "move on with his life" because he's banned from eBay and now he has PayPal themselves breathing down his neck since they refunded me out of their own pockets and his local police probably gave him a visit (they said they would call or visit but who knows lol).

[attachment=20852:image.jpeg][attachment=20853:image.jpeg][attachment=20854:image.jpeg]

[attachment=20855:Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 1.28.55 PM.png]

That was the first message lol, like immediately after he filed the chargeback and before eBay banned him and he sent those three BS emails. I didn't get a response for 2 days, but he was acting through PP resolution center, so I sent this lol

[attachment=20856:Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 1.29.12 PM.png]

Then he responded within hours with this on eBay(again, before he was banned). I remember reading this thread months or years ago and ShadowAssassin i believe or one of the posters on here said to use the word 'fraud', the word scares the shit out of people trying to scam you. I actually did file all of those reports though.

[attachment=20857:Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 1.32.24 PM.png]

This entire exchange on eBay occurred before eBay axed him. He had to have a history of pulling these scams (maybe eBay were compiling reports from other buyers?) since eBay banned him. I've read on the eBay reddit that they have reported buyers before and they weren't banned.

I have to guess the person tried it multiple times. I've reported a few attempted over the years and they seem to always be there.

I had one woman try to scam a SNES, annother a game, and another a few video game lanyards (this one must've been just chargebacking everything since a lanyard doesn't seem worth it).

All three I kept the money on. The SNES woman even had her city, street and phone number on her facebook which matched up with where the package went. At least most of these scammers are stupid.

Sometimes you can back them off by standing your ground. I did that to one who would've beat me. I sent them Halo:MCC and they claimed that there was no new game in there, but instead an old broken GTA for PS2. I stood my ground saying that the only way that could happen would be the post office tampering with the package and I would contact the post master to instigate and take their report.

That got him to start saying all this stuff like he doesn't want to make it a big thing, and if if I want to refund him or not was my decision. I didn't.

Is there any benefits to getting a Top rated seller? I think in my next evaluation I will get the Top rated seller but I am afraid to actually use it since I heard that you have to accept returns.

Is there any benefits to getting a Top rated seller? I think in my next evaluation I will get the Top rated seller but I am afraid to actually use it since I heard that you have to accept returns.
You benefit from better visibility and placement in eBay's search algorithm (I forgot what they call it; Cassini?). You also receive 20% FVF credit if you meet all the criteria (14 day returns, 1 day handling AND you upload tracking within that handling(might be others, I'm usually a seasonal update behind on the policies).

You can be a TRS and not meet those criteria for the discount, it's just that you wont have the badge displayed on the listings where you don't take returns or have one day handling and you won't get the FVF discount.

I have Top Rated status, but even though eBay says most of my listings get the 20% ffv discount, but when the items sell I still don't get the discount. So there really is no point for me to try to accept returns.

Must have jinxed myself but I think I might be done with ebay now. Just got a complaint that an ebayer want a refund because their laptop has not shown up yet and the tracking show that it's still in transit. Basically he waited until USPS missed the estimated delivery date and started a case against me. What should I do to protect myself?

Must have jinxed myself but I think I might be done with ebay now. Just got a complaint that an ebayer want a refund because their laptop has not shown up yet and the tracking show that it's still in transit. Basically he waited until USPS missed the estimated delivery date and started a case against me. What should I do to protect myself?
Is it USPS's date or ebay's date? I never sell electronics like phones and laptops on eBay, no doubt the bastard intended on getting it for free all along. Those type of items are like flies to shit for scammers.

You should be good as long as you shipped it out within your handling time and make sure to call eBay. He won't get that laptop for free for a 1 day late delivery, or as long as it is still enroute. He probably intended on opening a SNAD in an attempt to get it for free and just saw another opening with the late delivery. Did you take a picture of the serial number?

Did you insure it? I always insure the full package if it's an amount I'm not willing to take a loss on. Also, I agree with fullmetalpain, he wont get it for free unless somehow USPS says it's lost, but he got it. Right now this doesn't sound like a scam just yet. It's always possible he needed it for a gift by a certain time and since it's not coming he just wants to return it. Worst case scenario is that you will have to eat both shipping and return shipping.

If he is trying to scam you then you are actually far better protected, but I would need to know specifics of how he's trying to scam you before I give you advice. On face value this doesn't seem like a scam just yet.

Is it USPS's date or ebay's date? I never sell electronics like phones and laptops on eBay, no doubt the bastard intended on getting it for free all along. Those type of items are like flies to shit for scammers.

You should be good as long as you shipped it out within your handling time and make sure to call eBay. He won't get that laptop for free for a 1 day late delivery, or as long as it is still enroute. He probably intended on opening a SNAD in an attempt to get it for free and just saw another opening with the late delivery. Did you take a picture of the serial number?
I shipped it less than 24 hours. I took a picture of the labeling but not sure if I capture the serial number. Well at least I know to do that now if I decided to sell laptop on ebay, probably not but good to know.

Looked that kid up and he holds Smash tournaments at his college. Nintendrone crybabies are the worst. Whatever Nintendo fangirl site he posted on probably convinced him to do the chargeback lol since they were all talking about it on various Nintendo fansites

Looked that kid up and he holds Smash tournaments at his college. Nintendrone crybabies are the worst. Whatever Nintendo fangirl site he posted on probably convinced him to do the chargeback lol since they were all talking about it on various Nintendo fansites
Do you have a link to some of these threads? I need a good laugh!

Do you have a link to some of these threads? I need a good laugh!
http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/games/fireemblemfates/

Comments are massive though. There were some in the CAG collectors edition thread but the mods deleted the convo. You can look at the Zelda Informer Facebook comments as well.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/73118811

Here as well lol, the discussion devolves into chargebacks. Matter of fact I put 'fire emblem fates chargeback Cheapassgamer' in google and it came right back up. Didn't know deleted posts came up in google.

[attachment=20953:Screen Shot 2016-03-11 at 4.25.50 AM.png]

The CAG poster was talking about chargebacking 5 of those Fates SE from an eBay seller at that. I'm not surprised though since amiibo has already exposed how bad some Nintendo fans can be.

So how long do you have to wait before an requested refund case close? My laptop that I sent to him finally arrived and I asked him to close the case and I haven't heard from him for about a couple of days now. USPS messed up and sent the package to another state even though it arrived to the correct state about 3 days ago.

So how long do you have to wait before an requested refund case close? My laptop that I sent to him finally arrived and I asked him to close the case and I haven't heard from him for about a couple of days now. USPS messed up and sent the package to another state even though it arrived to the correct state about 3 days ago.
Call eBay and tell them to escalate it, give the tracking number and they will close it in your favor once they see it has been delivered. They can stay open for like a month, he's probably waiting to escalate it so eBay can close it in his favor.

Hey, I sold a game to this southparkboy619 and he claimed that the game arrived damaged and wanted a refund. I sold him Bayonetta 2 with Bonus disc. He claims something punctured thru the bubble mailer. I found his name and was led to this thread. I have sent dozens of games in a bubble mailer and never had this issue. he might being doing a swap and sending me back his busted game. I saw he had a similar issue with another member here.

[font=proxima-nova']Hey, I sold a game to this southparkboy619 and he claimed that the game arrived damaged and wanted a refund. I sold him Bayonetta 2 with Bonus disc. He claims something punctured thru the bubble mailer. I found his name and was led to this thread. I have sent dozens of games in a bubble mailer and never had this issue. he might being doing a swap and sending me back his busted game. I saw he had a similar issue with another member here.[/size][/font]
More than likely it is a scam if something "punctured his bubble mailer," again. You should probably stand your ground if his name came up in this thread, 95% sure it is a scam. Call his bluff and mention you'll report him to the iC3 and eBay for fraud if he sends you back something else. You should probably pm the other member and tell him to report him to eBay for abusing the buyer protection program, if eBay notices a pattern they may revoke his buyer protection privileges.

Hey, I sold a game to this southparkboy619 and he claimed that the game arrived damaged and wanted a refund. I sold him Bayonetta 2 with Bonus disc. He claims something punctured thru the bubble mailer. I found his name and was led to this thread. I have sent dozens of games in a bubble mailer and never had this issue. he might being doing a swap and sending me back his busted game. I saw he had a similar issue with another member here.
I was just giving this buyer the benefit of the doubt until I saw this. I reported them to eBay and well see what happens. Good luck I hope eBay uses some common sense here

Notice how the bastard is buying rare/expensive Wii U games (Devils Third & Bayo 2 w/ Bonus disc) then claiming it arrived broken to get it for free or for a discount. Always the salty Nintendo fan like that guy that tried to get that free Fates SE.

People in the shoe culture have no problem with flipping a pair of Jordan's for 600+ profit, gamers can be a whiny, entitled bunch. I don't get it.

I was just giving this buyer the benefit of the doubt until I saw this. I reported them to eBay and well see what happens. Good luck I hope eBay uses some common sense here
Yeah I told him he had to send the game back before he gets a refund. I had 4 copies of Bayonetta 2 and this was my last copy for sale. I have sold rare games like Gotcha Force no problem and everything was fine sending in a bubble mailer...first I ever heard of this.

Notice how the bastard is buying rare/expensive Wii U games (Devils Third & Bayo 2 w/ Bonus disc) then claiming it arrived broken to get it for free or for a discount. Always the salty Nintendo fan like that guy that tried to get that free Fates SE.

People in the shoe culture have no problem with flipping a pair of Jordan's for 600+ profit, gamers can be a whiny, entitled bunch. I don't get it.
He claims there is a puncture, of course it came thru the Bayonetta 1 disc. He is full of crap.

I really hate people who can't speak/type English. I know it sounds rude, but I cannot understand what they are saying. This is a real message I just got.

more information on # xxxxxxxxxxxxx (item number)

may need are fund

not mail ????

Damn, I'd have a better chance of reading Kanji than this crap.

how do you guys deal with suspicious shippinge address? do you guys cancel the order? this is the address 8 McCullough Dr New Castle, DE 19726. there are a lot of ebayer scammed by this address.

I might have a similar problem. I had somebody buy a Move bundle from me on 3/30. They still haven't paid. When I go to the Print Shipping Label page just to see where it would go if they pay, this is the place.

Processing Center (

how do you guys deal with suspicious shippinge address? do you guys cancel the order? this is the address 8 McCullough Dr New Castle, DE 19726. there are a lot of ebayer scammed by this address.

Yeah, that seems to be the case, but if you google the address, it comes up with countless horror stories of people getting scammed.

This one in particular:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/McCullough-Dr-New-Castle-DE-19726-9000/qaq-p/24321783
Wow. Definitely do not ship that item, bengi. That looks like a disaster waiting to happen. And as always, it's sp00ge who has the answers to dangerous problems. Great looking out, man. I'll need to keep that in mind too. Luckily, I don't sell any big-ticket items like that.

I might have a similar problem. I had somebody buy a Move bundle from me on 3/30. They still haven't paid. When I go to the Print Shipping Label page just to see where it would go if they pay, this is the place.

Processing Center (<- this is where the buyer's NAME is supposed to go!)
420 34th St
Booyah Dept 10075-A20314 Unit 2 Fl 2nd
Union City, NJ 07087
United States

Any advice?
"Booyah Dept?" Lol wtf is this the 70s or 80s xD. You should probably call eBay and get them to cancel so you don't get dinged, or message your buyer for clarification.

Wow. Definitely do not ship that item, bengi. That looks like a disaster waiting to happen. And as always, it's sp00ge who has the answers to dangerous problems. Great looking out, man. I'll need to keep that in mind too. Luckily, I don't sell any big-ticket items like that.
it was a moto e from bestbuy bf sale. it wont be a big loss but this buyer name is so suspicious so i just happened to google his address and My six sense was right.

Seems like a valid reason to me. I add restocking fees to cover shipping etc. for that purpose.
Unless it was sealed and was opened by the customer.

And of course I'm getting the business from someone on Amazon. Bought a complete GH copy of Crash Bandicoot PS1, last week sent a return request with the reason: "The disc is cracked. Must have happened during shipment."

Ok, red flag there - why would the customer be making an excuse/reason for it being cracked? I ask a few questions and ask for a pic. He responds saying the case is perfectly fine, which sets my bullshit meter off. If the disc was cracked during shipment, the case would be fuck ing destroyed.

He sends me a pic of the bottom of the disc and sure enough, cracked from the center hole to the outer edge; but the disc looks dirty, dusty and HEAVILY scratched up, the first two conditions I never would have sent the disc in and the third, I would have buffed the disc if scratching was that bad. I clean all of the discs before I even list them, since it makes the scratches more noticeable so I can note the severity of scratching.

I authorized the return and am just waiting for it to show up before I go any further. If it was a $5 game, I'd just refund and be done with it. But it was almost $40, so I'm not going to bend over if it's obviously not the disc I shipped.

Sorry to hear it; I hate that Amazon (and scammers, I suppose) expect us to take this as a "cost of doing business." I understand if there is an issue with shipping, but what you're describing is most likely someone looking to swap out a bad disc.

Assuming they do ship the game back and the disc is cracked and scratched, how do you fight that? A quick response that it's not the same disc that was shipped out? I've heard about marking the disc in a discreet location before shipping to fight this. Ultimately though, Amazon is going to step in and either force your to refund them or refund them at Amazon's expense.

Either way, best of luck.

It depends how sp00ge wants to go about it but I think what he’s waiting on is to see what the condition of the game case is in. One possible scenario would be he could argue his case to Amazon by stating that:

1. The game disc was proven to not be damaged (i.e. pictures in his listing) beforehand
2. The game disc was acknowledged to be cracked by the buyer
3. The return case is intact
4. Thereby proving it was return fraud by the buyer

Even if sp00ge wouldn’t have pictures beforehand, you would think based on the description of the item listing and the obvious reasons to not send out a damaged disc beforehand that Amazon would reasonably conclude the disc was damaged by the buyer since the case incurred no damage. So in a way, the buyer may have boxed himself into a corner by acknowledging a broken disc with a case that was well intact. Good luck sp00ge.

GL to you sp00ge, the guy sounds like an ass, trying to pass on the coin to other people. Seems every time I jump into this thread one of you guys are getting scammed.

We have scams on Amazon run at 100x the level of them on Ebay. Mainly due to the fact that customers will file A to Z on you in a heartbeat and Amazon reps fold like a cheap table.

Got another return. Customer bought a Brand New Blu-ray double pack with Dredd 3D and Drive Angry. Customer wants to return it because Drive Angry isn't in 3D and apparently the video quality is "poor" on Dredd.

Got another return. Customer bought a Brand New Blu-ray double pack with Dredd 3D and Drive Angry. Customer wants to return it because Drive Angry isn't in 3D and apparently the video quality is "poor" on Dredd.
I would tell them that you are sorry but your description/title clearly states Dredd is 3D and Drive Angry is a standard Blu-Ray. In terms of video quality that is not something you control, it is up to the studios who make the movies.

eBay is not a store and I can't stand people who think it is. 90% of people selling on ebay are normal people looking to offload some items they own. This isn't Wal-Mart where they have policies for the customers.

You accurately described the item, they chose to buy it, that's it done. If it arrived damaged or it was not described properly OK sure I can get behind that, but this is because they lack proper reading comprehension and are not pleased with the quality of the video, neither of which is your fault.

Technically, I do run an eBay store. :p

Annoyingly, eBay won't let me actually refuse the return. I have 3 options to refund the buyer and one option to contact the buyer.

Technically, I do run an eBay store. :p

Annoyingly, eBay won't let me actually refuse the return. I have 3 options to refund the buyer and one option to contact the buyer.
Do you accept returns?

Also, does the buyer have to pay for return shipping or do you have to pay for return shipping?

Do you have a restocking fee?

I think they only way they can return it if you don't accept returns is for them to claim it's not as described.

Do you accept returns?

Also, does the buyer have to pay for return shipping or do you have to pay for return shipping?

Do you have a restocking fee?

I think they only way they can return it if you don't accept returns is for them to claim it's not as described.
He says he has an eBay store, so yes, he has to accept returns.

bread's done
Back