The General eBay Rant Thread

Dealing with this shit now. Apparently, if you're a dumbass and don't go pick up your package, it's the sellers fault.

March 14, 2016 , 11:00 pm
Delivery status not updated
The delivery status for this item has not been updated as of March 14, 2016, 11:00 pm.
March 12, 2016
Redelivery Scheduled
ORLANDO, FL 32822
March 7, 2016 , 5:20 pm
Available for Pickup
ORLANDO, FL 32822
March 7, 2016 , 11:36 am
Notice Left (No Secure Location Available)
ORLANDO, FL 32822
March 7, 2016 , 8:41 am
Out for Delivery
ORLANDO, FL 32822
March 7, 2016 , 8:31 am
Sorting Complete
ORLANDO, FL 32822
March 7, 2016 , 5:39 am
Arrived at Post Office
ORLANDO, FL 32822
March 6, 2016 , 8:18 pm
Arrived at USPS Destination Facility
ORLANDO, FL 32824

That's the tracking and now they're freaking out saying that it was returned to me and that I need to refund them. First off, I never got the package back. Second, shipping was in the area of $20. I know that's not a ton but that's bullshit that they want that back too.

I think the post office returns to sender after it sits at the post office for awhile but they would use the same tracking number. That's one downside to using signature confirmation since the post office won't leave packages at the door.

Yea, they send stuff back after it's been there at least a week. I've had something stay in the post office for a month before it was sent back though.

I had one sat for over a month, with the customer demanding a refund, and I had to find the information to call and speak with the post master to have it returned.  I had her stay on the phone until she found the package and marked it and put in the outgoing mail. Once the tracking updated to show it was on it's way back, I refunded the guy.

No update on my Amazon situation yet.  Guy hasn't sent the game back, so maybe he's having second thoughts...

Look at this gem of a message I received today for a brand new, and sealed video game.

[attachment=21684:Screen Shot 2016-04-28 at 1.12.27 PM.png]

I am interested in purchasing one of these but I just want to make sure there are no imperfections to the item such as a small indent or anything. Please let me know... thank you.
Is this guy nuts? OCD/ADHD? Does he want me to sniff the case and use a magnifying glass? Looking at his feedback left for other sellers, he has left a lot of negatives and neutrals for "damage" and one even says "seller refused partial refund for damaged item."

Instant block, dont have the time for a SNAD case that i have a 94% chance of losing for a black 'speck' on the white case lol. PM me if you want his eBay ID, I would hate for other sellers on here to have to deal with another unnecessary negative and a SNAD.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess this is kind of an anti-rant, but I sold an iPhone a month ago and I was amazed that after making it clear it was only interested US sales and not putting an option for anything but US shipping quotes, I only got three messages from people asking me in broken English to end my auction early and send my phone to wherever outside of the US. Not too bad, actually. 

This guy want an item he just bought faster than my free shipping, but he's not willing to pay extra for the faster shipping. I hate ebay sometimes

This guy want an item he just bought faster than my free shipping, but he's not willing to pay extra for the faster shipping. I hate ebay sometimes
I get that a lot on Amazon.

"Is it possible to ship it today and get it to me by the weekend?" (Two days away), while they pay for standard shipping. Then they get pissy when you tell them you cannot make any guarantee beyond the shipping estimate for the method they paid for.

And as of today, I still haven't had that cracked game returned, so maybe they figured I wasn't falling for their shit.

I sold a game almost a month ago. Apparently, the buyer had the wrong address and the game sat down at the post office a few weeks before it got sent back to me. I messaged the buyer and he sent me a new address to send the game to. 

Is there a way where I could charge him for the shipping?

I sold a game almost a month ago. Apparently, the buyer had the wrong address and the game sat down at the post office a few weeks before it got sent back to me. I messaged the buyer and he sent me a new address to send the game to.

Is there a way where I could charge him for the shipping?
Not really, but I guess you could send him an invoice through PayPal since you'd be able to see the email address that he paid with on your PayPal account.

Never sent invoices like that, curious how that works. Do they receive the invoice in an email and are given a way to pay? If so nothing is really forcing him to do it then since he already paid once even though in this situation it's his error that caused the trouble so the seller should be justified in asking for shipping money to reship.

On the topic of people who message you asking for stuff like listed above, I've had an increase in people on ebay messaging me asking me to "sell them codes since that's all they need" out of new sealed items.  I had one yesterday asking for the minion mount code out of the FFXIV before meteor soundtrack.  Before that, I had people asking me for the UV codes out of the watchman ultimate collector's edition box set too.    Why do people really think I'm gonna open something brand new, to sell them a code for cheap?  Idiots man, idiots.

So I sold a DVD Recorder to some hillbilly who first didn't know how to plug it in and is now toting it across the country.  I guess it broke during one of his moves.  This first started as a return and I tried to offer him a suggestion on how to set it up and then I didnt hear anything from him until today.  He escalated the return to a claim saying it broke on him and of course ebay immediately sided with him.  I got the ebay has sided with the buyer email 4 minutes after he escalated it to a claim saying I didn't respond.  This was a 200 dollar DVD recorder.  Anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed?  There isnt a link to file an appeal....read from the bottom up.

May. 2:
A return request initiated

May. 2:
Case opened

Comments
THE SELLER DID NOT RESPOND TO MY 2ND INQUIRY. THE DVD HAS QUIT WORKING ALTOGETHER IN SPITE OF FOLLOWING THE TROUBLE SHOOTING INFO FOR BOTH THE UNIT AND ITS REMOTE. I WANT TO RETURN THIS THING, IT HAS BEEN A BUG SINCE I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!

May. 2:
The buyer opened a case

Comments
THE SELLER DID NOT RESPOND TO MY 2ND INQUIRY. THE DVD HAS QUIT WORKING ALTOGETHER IN SPITE OF FOLLOWING THE TROUBLE SHOOTING INFO FOR BOTH THE UNIT AND ITS REMOTE. I WANT TO RETURN THIS THING, IT HAS BEEN A BUG SINCE I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!

May. 2:
The buyer sent you a message

Comments
I REPLIED TO YOUR MESSAGE BACK ON 4/22 BUT GOT NO RESPONSE FROM YOU. WE DID FIGURE OUT A WAY TO CONNECT THE UNIT TO MY TV USING A SET TOP BOX. THE UNIT SET UP AND WORKED OK WHEN WE DID THAT. I SINCE HAVE MOVED MY RV TO FLORIDA SO THE UNIT WAS UNPLUGGED FOR SEVERAL DAYS. WHEN I GOT HERE THE UNIT NEEDED TO BE SET UPAGAIN, HOWEVER THE UNIT DOES NOT RESPOND TO THE REMOTE FOR SET UP PURPOSES. I FOLLOWED THE TROUBLE SHOOTING INFO FOR THE UNIT AS WELL AS THE RESET INFO FOR THE REMOTE. THE UNIT WILL NOT RESPOND!!!!!!!!!! I WANT TO RETURN IT FOR A REFUND OR REPLACEMENT ASAP!!!!!!!!!!! (Dumbasser's name removed)

Apr. 20:
You sent a message

Comments
Hi there, I don't know of any DVD recorders manufactured that have HDMI inputs. What I do for my TVs that do not have enough HDMI inputs is use an HDMI switch. It will automatically sense which device you have powered on and switch to the device. Mine has a button on it to switch between devices if I have two devices on at once.  They are relatively inexpensive.

Apr. 20:
The buyer requested a return

Comments
I ordered this unit (item # XXXXXXXXX) thinking it had an HDMI input but it does not!!!! My TV has two HDMI ports it does NOT have any component ports at all. I am unable to connect this unit to my TV so I cannot use it and would like to return it. I would be happy to exchange it for a unit that has an HDMI input if there is one available. Thank you (dumbasser's name removed)

Unfortunately they are probably going to get their money back. The only thing to hope for is that they are too lazy to return it and then you won't have to refund them.

That stuff pi$$e$ me off. He even said he had it working....then he fs it up when he moved. There is no reason they should be refunded! Just another case of eBay on its knees to please buyers.

I just love eBay's Money Back Guarantee, don't you? Outlined here.

http://pages.ebay.com/ebay-money-back-guarantee/

"Get the item you ordered or your money back."

"eBay is here for you."

"Need to return an item? It's easy to do on eBay."

They have these sweet claims of effortless refunds, but it's easy to say sweet words when it isn't their money they're toying with. It's their loyal seller's money. They have no idea how many seller's lives are ruined by their heavy-handed policy. I had great hopes (just prayers now) that their ridiculous policies would cause them to lose sellers by the truckloads, but no, people are fine with being *bleeped* in the *bleep* by eBay. And I'm not one to talk, either. I'm still a seller there. Lured by the prospect of easy money selling the stuff wasting away at home and finding valuable things in my city's stores, I heedlessly add to eBay's growing coffers as well as my own. I wish that there was something to be done about this, but eBay's only "competition" is Amazon, who's even more corrupt, if that's even possible.

It's been a little while since I was last scammed, but even once is once too much for me. I can't wait until the day when eBay is ruined and the choice of not selling there is taken out of our hands.

After the return period passes, make sure you send them a giant smiley face
The game finally made it's way back to me. The package showed up, I checked the postmark and saw it was 35 days after I approved the return. I wrote REFUSED on it really large and put it back in my mail box and sent the guy an email stating it was refused and why. Haven't heard anything back.

Amazon's policy is returns need to be postmarked within 30 days of delivery, so me allowing 30 days from the date the return was approved was even more generous than Amazon's own policy.

The game finally made it's way back to me. The package showed up, I checked the postmark and saw it was 35 days after I approved the return. I wrote REFUSED on it really large and put it back in my mail box and sent the guy an email stating it was refused and why. Haven't heard anything back.

Amazon's policy is returns need to be postmarked within 30 days of delivery, so me allowing 30 days from the date the return was approved was even more generous than Amazon's own policy.
Perfect. The dumbass will get what's coming to him.

Lol so I used eBay for the first time in almost a year and of course I got scammed. I sold a Quantum Break code for $25 last month to a buyer 30+ positive feedback in the past 6 months. They closed their eBay account last week and issued a chargeback yesterday.

I'm going to try to contact Paypal, but I know I'm pretty much screwed at this point.

shitBay strikes again! I tried listing an iHome dock for the Apple "i" lineup and I needed to list it in the Docks & Speakers category, since that's what it is. Well, since I had "iPad" in the listing as a designator for what it can used with, cuntBay thinks I should list it in the Tablets & eReaders category, even though it's fuckING NOT A TABLET OR EREADER! It's blocking me from listing it with that shitty You can't list this item right now. Oops, you need to correct an error below. Say, if I run over an eBay exec or shareholder with my one ton SUV, and say "Oops," can I get out of whatever punishment I would otherwise suffer?

You have some real anger issues, don't you?
More than you know. I try my best to keep it civil, but eBay is one of the things that never fails to light my fuse.

I blame my school. My high school life was filled with the strictest and most wound-up teachers. Cursing and starting trouble was met with the swiftest and harshest action possible, even if you didn't really do anything. One time in my gym class, a person (not me, honest) said f*** and the teacher with these faggoty shorts stopped class for five minutes just to try to find the culprit, saying over and over and over again "who dropped the f-bomb?" Idiot. I know it's done to condition you to not act like that later on in life, but it had the opposite effect on me. I'm fine at work, but if something sets me off outside, usually when I'm alone, I just go off with a stream of the foulest things you've ever heard.

More than you know. I try my best to keep it civil, but eBay is one of the things that never fails to light my fuse.

I blame my school. My high school life was filled with the strictest and most wound-up teachers. Cursing and starting trouble was met with the swiftest and harshest action possible, even if you didn't really do anything. One time in my gym class, a person (not me, honest) said f*** and the teacher with these faggoty shorts stopped class for five minutes just to try to find the culprit, saying over and over and over again "who dropped the f-bomb?" Idiot. I know it's done to condition you to not act like that later on in life, but it had the opposite effect on me. I'm fine at work, but if something sets me off outside, usually when I'm alone, I just go off with a stream of the foulest things you've ever heard.
Don't use "faggoty" as a pejorative term to describe your dick-bag gym teacher.

As for eBay, get creative with your spelling, or list the specifics within the description that you write yourself rather than the pre-populated details. Gotta be flexible if they insist on being idiots and you need to list your stuff.

Don't use "faggoty" as a pejorative term to describe your dick-bag gym teacher.

As for eBay, get creative with your spelling, or list the specifics within the description that you write yourself rather than the pre-populated details. Gotta be flexible if they insist on being idiots and you need to list your stuff.
No, that's the way he looked with those shorts. Like a total fag. It's not a knock on homosexuals. He just looked gross with them.

If I get creative with my spelling, I'm afraid people won't find my listing. I want to get as much exposure as possible. I'll try the other stuff, though. Thanks!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ebay/comments/4kr3nr/i_just_got_robbed_and_ebay_is_all_ツ_is_there/

Look at this doozy, guy sells 35 vintage NES games, buyer opens a case and sends back an empty envelope and eBay rules in the buyer's favor. Dude used that money to fund his wedding, holy fuck.....
On the plus side, the scammer had a huge flaw in their plan, which was the envelope that clearly weighed far less than the box of NES games. Once he gets a postal investigation started and they confirm the huge weight discrepancy, ebay should change their tune.

Had first issue/problem for a while today.

A package randomly shows up with a PS2 game in it. With a note asking for a refund and the shipping reimbursed. I look up the person and they bought a bundle of two Final Fantasy games a month ago and today sent me Siren for the PS2.

No  eBay return/case, no e-mail, no messages. Just Siren randomly in an envelope (it does look like my original envelope though).

Had first issue/problem for a while today.

A package randomly shows up with a PS2 game in it. With a note asking for a refund and the shipping reimbursed. I look up the person and they bought a bundle of two Final Fantasy games a month ago and today sent me Siren for the PS2.

No eBay return/case, no e-mail, no messages. Just Siren randomly in an envelope (it does look like my original envelope though).
Lol looks like someone got a free game haha

Sold a brand new external hard drive recently and was informed by the buyer Monday (May 23rd) night that it was DOA. I tried to help him troubleshoot the issue, however it proved fruitless. I asked that he return the item the following day, Tuesday (May 24th), and once I received it in the mail I would grant a full refund and even pay for return shipping. Due to the hard drive still being within the return period up until this Sunday (May 29th), I asked that he ship it as soon as possible.

It would have been possible for me to get the hard drive back on time if he sent it via Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope (padded or regular), as it should have only taken 2-3 business days to be delivered. Annoyingly, I have yet to hear back from him and I don't even know if he's started the return shipping process, though a return request had been initiated. I just have a feeling the buyer is going to take their sweet time shipping it back to me, and I'm going to be out a) cost of return shipping and b) cost of the external hard drive itself. Not sure how Final Value Fees work on returns (I read that you get them back so long as you grant a full refund), so hopefully I have no issue getting that back.

It's sorta fucked up, as I expressed multiple times that I needed to get the hard drive back before Sunday but from what I could tell the sense of urgency I was trying to convey wasn't really registering with them.

Will see how this turns out.

Notice how the bastard is buying rare/expensive Wii U games (Devils Third & Bayo 2 w/ Bonus disc) then claiming it arrived broken to get it for free or for a discount. Always the salty Nintendo fan like that guy that tried to get that free Fates SE.

People in the shoe culture have no problem with flipping a pair of Jordan's for 600+ profit, gamers can be a whiny, entitled bunch. I don't get it.
It's pretty bad, and the only issues I've ever had in regards to selling stuff has really ever come from selling limited/collector's edition stuff.

A buyer on Amazon had bought a copy of Beyond Two Souls: Special Edition from me and sent me a message that stated that "The tracking provided by you does not show any details" and to "please send the correct tracking or else issue my refund ASAP". She must have been an idiot, as the tracking number is automatically generated when purchasing a shipping label on Amazon Seller Central, and when I looked it up (on both Amazon and USPS website), of course all the tracking information was there and it actually showed that the item had been delivered.

Another time I had sold a brand new copy of Devil May Cry 4: Collector's Edition and the buyer filed a chargeback on Amazon stating they hadn't received the game... when in fact the package had delivery confirmation and it did in fact show it had been delivered.

I'm still on the ropes whether I want to post my Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask Limited Edition w/ Skullkid, as I'm sure some idiot buyer would be waiting to screw me over.

The games I sell that are limited/collector's editions are usually only between $50-$100... so I can only imagine it gets worse the more valuable they are.

I did happen to sell a couple copies of Bayonetta 2 (the original run) a couple months ago (must have been longer than 60 days since I don't see it on my "Sold" tab in My eBay anymore), so I think I'm in the clear and neither of the buyer's felt the need to pull a fast one.

I might have a similar problem. I had somebody buy a Move bundle from me on 3/30. They still haven't paid. When I go to the Print Shipping Label page just to see where it would go if they pay, this is the place.

Processing Center (<- this is where the buyer's NAME is supposed to go!)
420 34th St
Booyah Dept 10075-A20314 Unit 2 Fl 2nd
Union City, NJ 07087
United States

Any advice?
That was my issue with the first person I mentioned above. The address just seemed bogus, especially since there wasn't a recipient name it was being addressed to (see below) and googling the address showed me it was some warehouse -_-

Ref ID# XXXXXXX
1250 VALLEY BROOK AVE STE 102
LYNDHURST, NJ 07071-3518

I'm about 95% sure that when I googled the address at the time (this was about 3 months ago I sent the game), it belonged to a different company; right now it shows as some tile company.

Sold a brand new external hard drive recently and was informed by the buyer Monday (May 23rd) night that it was DOA. I tried to help him troubleshoot the issue, however it proved fruitless. I asked that he return the item the following day, Tuesday (May 24th), and once I received it in the mail I would grant a full refund and even pay for return shipping. Due to the hard drive still being within the return period up until this Sunday (May 29th), I asked that he ship it as soon as possible.

It would have been possible for me to get the hard drive back on time if he sent it via Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope (padded or regular), as it should have only taken 2-3 business days to be delivered. Annoyingly, I have yet to hear back from him and I don't even know if he's started the return shipping process, though a return request had been initiated. I just have a feeling the buyer is going to take their sweet time shipping it back to me, and I'm going to be out a) cost of return shipping and b) cost of the external hard drive itself. Not sure how Final Value Fees work on returns (I read that you get them back so long as you grant a full refund), so hopefully I have no issue getting that back.

It's sorta fucked up, as I expressed multiple times that I needed to get the hard drive back before Sunday but from what I could tell the sense of urgency I was trying to convey wasn't really registering with them.

Will see how this turns out.
Purchase the same exact harddrive and return it a few days later or at a different location with the old receipt. When you get the harddrive back, return it with the new receipt. You won't get it before Sunday even if he does ship it on Thursday.

That was my issue with the first person I mentioned above. The address just seemed bogus, especially since there wasn't a recipient name it was being addressed to (see below) and googling the address showed me it was some warehouse -_-

Ref ID# XXXXXXX
1250 VALLEY BROOK AVE STE 102
LYNDHURST, NJ 07071-3518

I'm about 95% sure that when I googled the address at the time (this was about 3 months ago I sent the game), it belonged to a different company; right now it shows as some tile company.
As it turns out, they didn't pay and I opened an Unpaid Item Case on them. Closed it, blacklisted their id, and relisted the item.

As for those Bayonettas, all eBay buyers have only 45 days to demand a return or open a SNAD or INR. So even if they wanted to pull some crap on you, they can't. They can ask for a return, but eBay won't force you to accept it after 45 days.

No, that's the way he looked with those shorts. Like a total fag. It's not a knock on homosexuals. He just looked gross with them.

If I get creative with my spelling, I'm afraid people won't find my listing. I want to get as much exposure as possible. I'll try the other stuff, though. Thanks!
Doesn't matter. Sold it within a day of listing it. It was a little cheaper than the other listings in the same condition, but I paid only a few bucks for it, made 10x what I paid, and got rid of a big space waster.

By the way, tr- tr- triple post FTW!

I've been buying the character Wiimotes since I just bought a Wii U and my friends come over quite often. I bought the Mario and Luigi ones without any issues. The Toad one was shipped to my front neighbor, while I got their package. No problem, I just swapped the boxes since they were still on their porch.

The Peach one was the last one. Saw one guy list it at $30 OBO. Did 3 offers starting at $25, and they were all declined immediately. Fine. I'll just buy it from the other guy that sells it at $25.50. 

I get the shipped notification, I start stalking the USPS tracking number. It first said Tuesday, next thing I know it's out for delivery on Saturday. I'm having lunch when my wife says the mail person just walked away. Finish my lunch, go to the mailbox. Nothing but junk mail. I set up the tracking number to send text alerts. 10 minutes later it says delivered.

Wait till Wednesday in case it was wrong. Still nothing. Opened an inquiry with USPS. 3 business days later, no news. Called and they said that they can't find the package, but I can file an insurance claim. Right... Opened a case for a refund with eBay, but I lost, since the tracking number shows delivered. So much for the Money back guarantee...money down the drain.

If you call eBay and complain they would likely make a "one time exception" and refund you. That seems to happen quite a bit when stuff like that happens. That is too bad that the postal employees suck over there. I know it is more expensive but maybe a PO Box or you can have your packages delivered to your job (if you work at a big stand alone company they are less likely to just throw the package somewhere else).

Purchase the same exact harddrive and return it a few days later or at a different location with the old receipt. When you get the harddrive back, return it with the new receipt. You won't get it before Sunday even if he does ship it on Thursday.
It was a clearance item at Walmart unfortunately. If in the event I receive the hard drive later than I expect (which is probably gonna happen) and I can't return it to Walmart, I'm hoping that the hard drive will work if taken out of the enclosure and hooked up to my computer (use it as a bare hard drive essentially).

The buyer was supposed to return the item on Tuesday, however I haven't heard a peep from them since then. I find this odd, as I would think that they would want to get their money refunded as soon as possible?

As it turns out, they didn't pay and I opened an Unpaid Item Case on them. Closed it, blacklisted their id, and relisted the item.

As for those Bayonettas, all eBay buyers have only 45 days to demand a return or open a SNAD or INR. So even if they wanted to pull some crap on you, they can't. They can ask for a return, but eBay won't force you to accept it after 45 days.
I was pretty worried as one buyer bought 2 copies of Bayonetta at the same time. I was sure he was going to try to pull something, as it cost him about $190.

Side question: How do you guys handle buyers with 0 feedback (or fairly low feedback)? Do you just notify the buyer that you're going to cancel the order or what? Had somebody buy a 1-year PS+ subscription from me last week, and they had zero feedback...

Side question: How do you guys handle buyers with 0 feedback (or fairly low feedback)? Do you just notify the buyer that you're going to cancel the order or what? Had somebody buy a 1-year PS+ subscription from me last week, and they had zero feedback...
Usually nothing. Occasionally I'll do an internet search for the name and address. But 1) everyone has to start somewhere and 2) it could be a guest account.

It was a clearance item at Walmart unfortunately. If in the event I receive the hard drive later than I expect (which is probably gonna happen) and I can't return it to Walmart, I'm hoping that the hard drive will work if taken out of the enclosure and hooked up to my computer (use it as a bare hard drive essentially).

The buyer was supposed to return the item on Tuesday, however I haven't heard a peep from them since then. I find this odd, as I would think that they would want to get their money refunded as soon as possible?

I was pretty worried as one buyer bought 2 copies of Bayonetta at the same time. I was sure he was going to try to pull something, as it cost him about $190.

See if you can find the harddrive at another store. Doesn't have to be Walmart. Best Buy or Target might have it. Or maybe a local store.

I sell to buyers with low/no feedback without problems. It's usually the established buyers who cause me problems. Though there are some low/no feedback buyers who are fake accounts made by sellers who are selling the same item as I am and buy it to stop me from having it listed. Those are obvious frauds and I open a non-payment case and get my FVF back and relist my item immediately after blocking them.

By the way, this is the buyer who bought the Move Bundle from me. eurekaspecials

Not sure why such an established buyer would do this, but I guess they don't care as there's no way to retaliate against them. Can't leave feedback of any kind as I opened a case against the. I can't even leave a bad review Positive and eBay doesn't care about non-payment as long as it doesn't happen a whole lot.

Taking personal responsibility for yourself and not playing the blame game is a good start towards working on your issues.

Well the buyer didn't return the hard drive on time...

Also haven't heard anything from the buyer since Tuesday or Wednesday, so not really sure what the deal is.

They did file a return request, and after reading some of the threads on the eBay forum it looks like the return request will eventually time out (a few weeks from now).

Never drop your package in a blue USPS collection box. I did and either the package never got scanned or the tracking never updated. It is still stuck at "Shipping label created". I refunded the buyer and lost $40 + shipping. And I still received a neg. :wall:

Never drop your package in a blue USPS collection box. I did and either the package never got scanned or the tracking never updated. It is still stuck at "Shipping label created". I refunded the buyer and lost $40 + shipping. And I still received a neg. :wall:
Sounds about right. Kick you while you're down, and even if you asked that eBay remove the neg they wouldn't do anything.

My buyer just now initiated the return process, despite me pretty much begging that they return it within a day of their complaint. It should have been dropped off at the post office last Wednesday... however the buyer just today got around to it. Pretty sure they're trying to spite me, and like you I wouldn't be surprised if they leave negative feedback (despite me granting a full refund, paying return shipping, and providing excellent communication on the issue).

Since that experience, I only take my packages directly to the post office and get them scanned right in front of me.

I sold a game. Hours later print the shipping label for it but the buyer messages me telling me if I could send it ton another address. 

Can I void the shipping label (get my money back) and print another one? 

I sold a game. Hours later print the shipping label for it but the buyer messages me telling me if I could send it ton another address.

I wouldn't do it. If you ship to anything other than the confirmed address on their Paypal account, you won't be eligible for seller protection.

Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ship to an address that wasn't the address provided to you via ebay/amazon/etc on the initial order.

If the buyer needs it shipped somewhere else, you need to refund and have them repurchase.

I wouldn't do it. If you ship to anything other than the confirmed address on their Paypal account, you won't be eligible for seller protection.

Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ship to an address that wasn't the address provided to you via ebay/amazon/etc on the initial order.

If the buyer needs it shipped somewhere else, you need to refund and have them repurchase.
So I'll void the label, refund the buyer and relist the game again. Thanks for the responses.

So I'll void the label, refund the buyer and relist the game again. Thanks for the responses.
I wouldn't do that. They're probably just trying to get a free item out of you by trying to get you to break eBay policy by shipping it to an undesignated address. If you ship it to where the Paypal says to ship it, you'll be fine. You don't need to relist the item again. Plus, they may give you a negative if you cancel their order. If you instead deliver it to where the shipping label says to send it too, they won't be able to give you a negative.

bread's done
Back