The Godfather & The Godfather II Blu-Ray $11.99 each

[quote name='myka22']Awesome deal. Too bad I have to add something else to get free shipping.[/QUOTE]

I know right, trying to find a filler as we speak.

[quote name='myka22']Awesome deal. Too bad I have to add something else to get free shipping.[/QUOTE]

Amazon Prime FTW!

[quote name='icedrake523']Is it better to wait for a Blu-Ray set or just get these?[/QUOTE]

I don't like the third movie, so easy decision for me...right now the third one is not even available outside of the box set, so if you want it you may want to wait on a deal for that.

I've only seen 1 and the first half of 2. I'd be buying this as a father's day present. I think we have the first DVD set that was released.

I think I'll pass. The reviews don't inspire confidence.

Great price, but after reading reviews, these movies are way too good and they deserve the best HD conversion possible but reviews say this is just a little higher than DVD quality. I can wait.

[quote name='icedrake523']
I think I'll pass. The reviews don't inspire confidence.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nightmare452']Great price, but after reading reviews, these movies are way too good and they deserve the best HD conversion possible but reviews say this is just a little higher than DVD quality. I can wait.[/QUOTE]

What reviews are you guys reading?
The couple that I've read state that it is excellent.
Video review from Blu-ray.com:

Presented in 1080p utilizing the AVC codec (at an average bitrate of 26Mbps), The Godfather looks better than I ever thought possible. The restoration efforts by Robert Harris and the MPI group are nothing short of amazing, especially when you consider the exhaustive effort they put into tracking down negatives with the least damage. One of the highlights on the boxed set of the complete collection is an informative documentary by Francis Ford Coppola, Robert Harris (restoration expert), and Gordon Willis (cinematographer), covering the restoration process in detail. Those of you who never viewed The Godfather during the days of VHS or any other point during the past 38 years should take the opportunity to witness the level of effort required to restore the film.

Now that we have that out of the way, I should make it abundantly clear this is an exquisite restoration that pays homage to the original intent of the filmmakers. It's not meant as demo-worthy material for your new HD display, and may seem off-putting to newcomers of the film. The original layers of grain are left intact, skin tones vary in shade from scene to scene, and there are abrupt reductions in fine object detail. Those who don't know better might pass these off as worrisome elements, but this is precisely how the film was created to look. Adding to the stylistic nature of the cinematography, the color palette reveals a constant push toward yellow, facial tones dance from red to orange, and blacks crush every last detail in the backgrounds. In many cases we'd consider these tendencies a bit troublesome (if this were a recent production), but given the age of the film and creative manner in which Coppola and Willis transport viewers back to a distant point in American history, I wouldn't want it any other way. For long-time fans this is a true revelation, so there's never been a better time to experience the rich visual style of Coppola's masterpiece.

[quote name='icedrake523']Amazon.com reviews[/QUOTE] You never know what equipment the people leaving the poor reviews are using. I also use bluray.com for my blu reviews. Godfather 1 and 2 both get 5 out of 5 for video quality. I can't give a personal dvd to blu comparison because this was the first time I had watched the godfather movies. Rented all 3 from netflix on blu. Ordered 1 and 2 when they dropped on amazon. The third movie just really irritated me.

[quote name='lolwut?']lol.[/QUOTE]
Laugh if you want. Saved me from wasting money on some shitty Blu-Ray releases like Apollo 13 and Avatar.

Eh, I bit anyway. Mostly so my dad doesn't buy them at $20-30 each as he sometimes does. Was able to use the $10 promotional credit Amazon gave me for not taking a week to give me video game credit.

I got these along with Raging Bull to get the free shipping. It was $11.50, not the best price I've ever seen, but good enough for me. Oh, and the third Godfather was worthless in my opinion, so I had no interest in the box set.

[quote name='icedrake523']Laugh if you want. Saved me from wasting money on some shitty Blu-Ray releases like Apollo 13 and Avatar.

Eh, I bit anyway. Mostly so my dad doesn't buy them at $20-30 each as he sometimes does. Was able to use the $10 promotional credit Amazon gave me for not taking a week to give me video game credit.[/QUOTE]

What was wrong with the Avatar release other than not coming with any extras? I thought the picture quality was top notch.

[quote name='SLeeK719']What was wrong with the Avatar release other than not coming with any extras? I thought the picture quality was top notch.[/QUOTE]

It was bad because some Amazon.com review said so.

[quote name='SLeeK719']What was wrong with the Avatar release other than not coming with any extras? I thought the picture quality was top notch.[/QUOTE]

It was the no extras. I want more than just the movie when I buy a DVD/Blu-ray.

Just did a single day marathon of all 3 movies. The 3rd was almost unwatchable after the first two. Skip the box set and get them this was. Wish I had

bread's done
Back