The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Special Edition

snipegod

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I searched the forums, but didn't see it posted. Either way:

The Walmart that I went to in town last night had The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Special Edition (the 2 disc collector's set that came out about ... a year ago?) for $14.99. I know Walmart prices are somtimes YMMV, so take that into consideration, but $15 is $5 cheaper than CC and BB carry it for, so check it out if you've been looking for a lower pricepoint like I have been.

I got luck when target had the non SE version pictured in their ad for like 9.88 or somethink like that..

In related Sergio Leone DVD's I saw at Walmart that Once Upon A Time In Mexico is $7.50. I paid $20 for that when it came out.

I got the Man With No Name Trilogy for 27 bucks after employee discount and tax at CC. Once Upon a Time In The West usually goes on sale there for anywhere between 5 and 9 dollars. if it isn't this week, just check back the next.

[quote name='aboveaveragewes']In related Sergio Leone DVD's I saw at Walmart that Once Upon A Time In Mexico is $7.50. I paid $20 for that when it came out.[/QUOTE]
I hate that DVD because the name of the movie isn't on the spine. Every used DVD store in my town has it and I always take it off the shelf to see what it is and it's always that. I'm pretty sure it's $9.99 everywhere but $7.50 is decent.

Does anyone know what kind of extras are on this? I was thinking about getting The Man with No Name Box Set, but then I saw this in the store and reconsidered. The SE is supposedly a newer and better transfer, but I can't tell if it's worth it.

[quote name='SaintChree']I got the Man With No Name Trilogy for 27 bucks after employee discount and tax at CC. Once Upon a Time In The West usually goes on sale there for anywhere between 5 and 9 dollars. if it isn't this week, just check back the next.[/QUOTE]

The trilogy has the regular edition of The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, not the collector's edition. That version can easily be had for under $10.

This DVD has some sweet ass cardstock promo art though. The short booklet is really cool too.

[quote name='yeldarb367']I hate that DVD because the name of the movie isn't on the spine. Every used DVD store in my town has it and I always take it off the shelf to see what it is and it's always that. I'm pretty sure it's $9.99 everywhere but $7.50 is decent.[/QUOTE]
If you had the little cardboard slipcover you wouldnt have that problem

I think he was referring to once upon a time in the west though.

[quote name='projecteightysix']If you had the little cardboard slipcover you wouldnt have that problem

I think he was referring to once upon a time in the west though.[/QUOTE]

Yea, that threw me for a minute - I *knew* mine showed the title on the spine, so I went to check. Saw the slipcover and was just about to reply saying the same thing. ;)

Incidentally, I have had this movie & Desperado for probably close to a year now and still haven't watched either one. :oops:

bread's done
Back