The GOTY/Complete Edition Thread

AugustAPC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
51 (100%)
Hey guys, this is mostly just for reference for me, as I could not find a proper list for this subject. But anyway, I wanted to create a list of games that have been re-released with all their DLC content on disc. As a collector, DLC is kind of a pain in the ass for me. I like to have all a game's content readily available on a disc. So I would like your help in compiling a list of all games that have been released with all their DLC content in a GOTY, complete, or anniversary edition. I will keep this post updated for anyone else that needs it for reference.

Remember, for this list's purpose, the updated version of the game must have all the game's DLC on disc.

The list:

:360: Batman: Arkham AsylumGame of the Year Edition
:360: BorderlandsGame of the Year Edition
:360: Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition
:360: Elder Scrolls: Oblivion5th Anniversary Edition
:360: Fable 2 Platinum Hits
:360: Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition
:360: Grand Theft Auto IVComplete Edition
:360: L.A. NoireComplete Edition
:360: Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition
:360: Red Dead Redemption Game of the Year Edition

:ps3: Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition
:ps3: Borderlands Game of the Year Edition
:ps3: Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition
:ps3: Elder Scrolls: Oblivion5th Anniversary Edition
:ps3: Fallout 3Game of the Year Edition
:ps3: Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Edition
:ps3: Heavy Rain Director's Cut
:ps3: L.A. NoireComplete Edition
:ps3: LittlebigplanetGame of the Year Edition
:ps3: Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition
:ps3: Red Dead RedemptionGame of the Year Edition

:pc: Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition
:pc: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fifth Anniversary Edition
:pc: King's Bounty
Game of the Year Edition
:pc: L.A. Noire
Complete Edition
:pc: Sid Meier's Civilization V
Game of the Year Edition
:pc: Sins of a Solar Empire Game of the Year Edition
:pc: Tropico 3 Gold Edition

Please list any games you know that have been re-released with all of their DLC included. All help will in compiling this list will be greatly appreciated. Let me know if I've made any mistakes and I hope this helps some other collector's out!

Last edited by a moderator:
One idea is to also include PC games because PC games as well often get the GOTY/Complete treatment.

Fallout NV has a complete edition coming out soon for all platforms with DLC.

How far back do you want? I can think of Oblivion, Red Dead Redemption, Uncharted 2, Little Big Planet, Call of Duty 4, Gears of War 2.

As far back as you all want, and I'll add for any platform, PC included.

Just please include the name of the game, the platform and what the re-released edition is called (IE: GOTY, complete, anniversary).

Great idea! This list would be great if it got stickied. I think Gran Turismo 5 may be releasing with all the DLC this month but I'm not sure.

:360:/:ps3:L.A Noire Complete Edition
:360:Fable 2 Platinum Hits (Comes with both DLC)
:360:Mass Effect 1 Platinum Hits (Comes with 1 DLC I think)
:ps3: Little Big Planet 2 Special Edition

Kind of surprised no one mentioned this one it is the user's avatar in post #5:
Heavy Rain ----> Heavy Rain: Director's Cut

Not sure what is exactly on HR:DC since I only own the original. I know it has DLC, a theme, and the soundtrack on the disc.

Another game that comes to mind:
Lost Planet ---> Lost Planet: Colonies Edition (360 only)
Midnight Club: Los Angeles (Has DLC in the Greatest Hits/Platinum Hits version)

Call of Duty 4 GOTY came with a code to go to a website and get another code to download the DLC. I don't think that's what the OP wants.

Didn't the updated Gears 2 just come with a code to Download the All Fronts Collection? That would also not count.

Bump. Thanks for everyone help! Keep naming titles please!

For the record, I'm looking to compile games that have been re-released with ALL their DLC on disc. So editions that are missing any significant DLC shouldn't be listed.

[quote name='AugustAPC']As far back as you all want, and I'll add for any platform, PC included.[/QUOTE]

PC has been doing GotY/Gold/Complete editions for a long time, since expansion packs are nothing new for that platform. I think it might make sense to cut out the older games, but if you want a complete list, it'll be quite long.

Here's some to start off with. I've included those that I'm fairly sure are "complete" and/or have significant expansions/bonus content included. Some might be in a grey area (like Half-Life) because of third-party expansions, so I'm guessing you'll want to cut those out.

I haven't checked on Steam yet, but they have a lot of this sort of thing. Anyway...

:pc: Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate
:pc: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Fifth Anniversary
:pc: King's Bounty - Game of the Year
:pc: L.A. Noire - Complete
:pc: Sid Meier's Civilization V - Game of the Year
:pc: Sins of a Solar Empire - Game of the Year
:pc: Tropico 3 - Gold

Older PC games:
:pc: Call of Duty - Deluxe Edition
:pc: Call of Duty 2 - Game of the Year
:pc: Deus Ex - Game of the Year
:pc: Diablo II - Battle Chest
:pc: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - Game of the Year
:pc: Half-Life - Game of the Year
:pc: Sid Meier's Civilization III - Complete
:pc: Sid Meier's Civilization VI - Complete
:pc: StarCraft - Battle Chest
:pc: Unreal Tournament - Game of the Year
:pc: WarCraft III - Battle Chest

Yea, don't worry about 3rd party mods or expansions.

I don't think I'm going to add Blizzard battle chests, as those aren't really DLC.

I guess we won't go far back for PC games, unless anyone requests. I'm not sure many people collect them, and you're right, the list would be exceedingly long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to nitpick because I think the lists are a great idea but the 360 version of Oblivion doesn't have all the DLC on the disc. There are a few random dungeons, dwellings, and the famous horse armor that are not included. As it stands, the only way to get the complete Oblivion on 360 is to buy those little pieces of XBL. Those same little chunks of DLC are not available on PS3 in any way (I don't think).

[quote name='blindinglights']I was under the impression that Uncharted 2 GOTY had a voucher and the DLC was not on the disc.[/QUOTE]

It did. The list would be better if it had games with DLC on disc vs games with vouchers. That way I would know which ones to not buy/trade for used.

Like I said, if I've made any mistakes please correct me.

I don't want to even start a list for games that came with vouchers, as it's essentially the same thing as purchasing DLC.

I guess for a list like this, there's always gonna be some gray spots, so we're gonna have to use some discretion. I'll leave Oblivion as it is nearly complete. Perhaps I'll add some notes under the games to detail if they're missing a few small pieces of DLC.

Sounds good. From the little 360 bits I've played, the only one that struck me as pretty cool was the giant dungeon (Mehrune's Razor? It's been awhile).

Keep it going guys. Probably won't turn out to be a huge list, but I'm still watching. Anyway, this helped me out a lot. Thanks for everyone that contributed.

As a collector, it's like a thorn in my ass that my games aren't "complete". So I definitely intend to replace the ones I can.

I'd say list the DLC that the discs actually come with, seeing as people might think the Obivion 5th Anniversary Edition comes with all the smaller DLC, which it does not.

It also would be nice to know what the Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition comes with because I wasn't aware that the game had any DLC.

Keep up the good work on the list, looks good so far.

I didn't see anyone mention Mass Effect 2 on PS3 yet, that's the complete version right? Or was there one last mission that didn't get added to that version?

I'll look everything up I guess. I'm not quite sure exactly what each edition consists of, so I'll edit the list as soon as I find out.

It should be noted that for Borderlands, there were TWO versions of the GOTY for the :ps3:. The earlier copies had a DLC voucher(I know because I picked this up from Target for about $7.50 and it was the voucher version) while the newer ones the DLC is all on the disc.

Also, the Oblivion GOTY(brown cover) edition:)ps3:/:360:) should be listed as well as the 5th anniversary edition that they released last year.

[quote name='iamsmart']I didn't see anyone mention Mass Effect 2 on PS3 yet, that's the complete version right? Or was there one last mission that didn't get added to that version?[/QUOTE]

The newest/last ME2 DLC doesn't come with the PS3 version. I think it's "The Arrival" but I wouldn't bet my life on it.

[quote name='Halo05']The newest/last ME2 DLC doesn't come with the PS3 version. I think it's "The Arrival" but I wouldn't bet my life on it.[/QUOTE]You are correct.

PS3 version of ME2 comes with:
Firewalker missions / Hammerhead
Kasumi's Stolen Memory
Overlord
Lair Of The Shadow Broker
(not sure what other item pack-type DLCs came with the PS3 release of ME2)

Arrival is a separate download, as it was still in development when PS3 ME2 was released.

bread's done
Back