THE GREATEST FIGHTING GAME OF ALL TIME

space_rover

CAGiversary!
In your opinion? I think that its SoulCaliber for Dreamcast. MS should remake that game for XBOX. XBOX has newer technology and more power. And nearly identical controller. 10/10 for sure :wink:

why remake it when there is Soul Calbur 2

Also when did MS get the rights to Soul Calibur? Its Namco's decision which platform gets their games

Virtua Fighter 3 for the PS2. If you want to win you cant just button mash like the other fighting games out there and the graphics were pretty good. Plus, all the characters were different and unique to master their moves.

Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution easily takes this crown. It is the deepest, most refined, and utterly addictive fighting game ever produced. Button mashers need not apply, because they will get beat down in seconds flat and not even pull off a single flashy move in the process.

~TheRock88

VF3 was never released for the PS2. It was on the Dreamcast, and wasn't all that good of a game. Anyhow, you probably meant VF4, anyway.

I'm tempted to go with Street Fighter Alpha 3, but I'll just stick with SFII. Preferrably the "New Challengers" version, as the four extra characters kick ass.

First person to say Shaq-Fu gets bludgeoned. Repeatedly. And I'll club this baby seal.
1760.jpg

You don't want me to hurt the cute little seal...do you?

SFII is great, but I have to say I loved when Marvel Super Heroes came up...wasn't that how the whole souped up power moves came from in future games such as the Vs. series?

Technically probably the "best":

Street Fighter II Champion Edition (arcade)
Soul Calibur (DC)

Personal favorites (not saying these are the best games, just the ones I like the most):
Mortal Kombat II (arcade)
Mortal Kombat: DA (XBox)
Soul Edge/Blade (arcade/PS1)
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (DC)

[quote name='wookieballz']Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution easily takes this crown. It is the deepest, most refined, and utterly addictive fighting game ever produced. Button mashers need not apply, because they will get beat down in seconds flat and not even pull off a single flashy move in the process.

~TheRock88

VF3 was never released for the PS2. It was on the Dreamcast, and wasn't all that good of a game. Anyhow, you probably meant VF4, anyway.[/quote]

Your right, I meant 4. Thx for correcting my mistake.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']why remake it when there is Soul Calbur 2

Also when did MS get the rights to Soul Calibur? Its Namco's decision which platform gets their games[/quote]

Soul Caliber DC is better than Soul Caliber II in my opinion anyway. And if remade for XBOX could be way better than part II plus wed have both games. I just think that itd be an awesome classic game for the XBOX.

[quote name='COKEDLA']i'll take Mortal Kombat for SNES now thats a legen for years to come ![/quote]

I remember the XMAS day that I got Mortal Kombat for Sega Genisis. I had never seen anything like it. That game was the ISH. Goodtimes

Super Street Fighter II on SNES. Lots o' butt kickin' fun that can be easily played while drinking heavily.

I seriously can't believe anyone who was a gamer when SFII was in the arcades could say anything else other than:

Street Fighter II: The World Warrior

:)

I never got into 2d fighters, but a good 3d fighter makes my mouth water.

Virtua Fighter 4 is deep, polished, and punishing to button-mashers, DOA is the fastest thing out there, but by best bet is Soul Calibur 1 or 2. Ya can't beat a good sword (or axe, quarterstaff, katana, nunchakou, etc.) fight.

[quote name='Knuckles913']I never got into 2d fighters, but a good 3d fighter makes my mouth water.

Virtua Fighter 4 is deep, polished, and punishing to button-mashers, DOA is the fastest thing out there, but by best bet is Soul Calibur 1 or 2. Ya can't beat a good sword (or axe, quarterstaff, katana, nunchakou, etc.) fight.[/quote]

How about butterfly nets? :D

I'd have to say MK2 arcade and SF3 alpha (dreamcast) for 2d fighters.
And i'm going w/a tie between Tekken 3 (ps2) and Soul Calibur (cast) for 3d.

I would have to go with Capcom vs SNK. It took the good parts of both the SF series and the SNK franchises (Samurai Showdown, Art of Fighting, KOF, etc) and put them into a great mix. It was a little off when they're put together as far as a true SF, KoF, etc. feel, but it makes for a great mix of all of the games.

Honorable mentions have to go to:
Super Street Fighter II
Marvel vs Capcom
King of Fighters '97
Mortal Kombat II
Tekken 3
Soul Calibur

Samurai Shodown II. My all time favorite game and by far and away the single greatest fighter of all time. No insane combos, button mashing gets you nowhere, and tons of strategy make this one unbeatable. Shame 3 ruined it, but 4 and 5 make a very valid attempt at bringing the series up to it's orignal greatness.

Shaq Fu! :lol:

jk

2D - Street Fighter Zero/Alpha 3

3D - Soul Edge/Blade

I'm surprised more of you don't mention Alpha 3. That game is awesome. I've spent a small fortune playing that game and still pop in the occational .50 to play. That is when I am not playing it at home on my PS or MAME. :)

Super Street Fighter 2. It just never gets old, and it'll never stop being ported to newer systems. I'll definitely be purchasing the PS2 version when it is released in America.

Super Street Fighter 2 is tops in my book. The game is just simply fun and it doesn't get all crazy like in later installments and Capcom Vs X-men, Marval, etc. with their "super" power moves, which in my opinion is just a lame gimmick that tries to come off as cool.

[quote name='simplygriff']"Santorum X"

I cannot believe your SN is Santorum. What were you thinking? :lol: :lol:[/quote]

So I guess you what it means.

used it for the shock factor

[quote name='technic']I seriously can't believe anyone who was a gamer when SFII was in the arcades could say anything else other than:

Street Fighter II: The World Warrior

:)[/quote]

I dunno. I think SF II Champion Edition is what the first SF II should have been. After that it gets a little questionable, as the whole "New Challengers" stuff may have been a change for the worse to some people.

Some of my favorites:
Soul Calibur (DC)
Super Street Fighter (Genesis)
Street Fighter Alpha (Multi platform)
Marvel vs Street Fighter (Saturn)
Last Bronx (Saturn)

Virtua Fighter 4 is the best as far as stright up fighting goes, its well rounded and in depth, I would say tekken 3/tag to be a close runner up.

Im a huge street fighter fan, but being unbiased its easy to tell who the crown goes to. VF4

Marvel Vs capcom 2, and soul calibur are button mashers. Yes I said it!. The fun factor on these games are very high, but they lack a depth to the moves and are not well rounded fighters. Marvel vs capcom 2 tournaments often have the players using very similar teams, doing repetitive moves.

[quote name='catacasa']Super Street Fighter II on SNES. [/quote]

Yeah, ditto on that. Good ole classic, played it to death. Good times.

...why's this topic under Xbox?? :?:

bread's done
Back