The Guild Wars/2 Topic *Its Out All the Way Now!*

Lol, I can't help it. This thread gets bumped like once a month, if that. I don't even hate the game, I just haven't played it since that w/e that boring December event was.
Since December:

We've had 4 weeks of Flame and Frost, a great mini dungeon with new fun boss mechanics. this will be added to the fractals along with others

We've had a 2 week comeback to Southsun, fun events, mad cash, mad items, fun stuff.

All the while guild updates to puzzles, rushes, and treks.

WvW introduced new ranks and skills to grow.

Ton new items, three different spreads of stats, and more exclusive weapons.

Dragon Bash has been a slow goer, but it's introducing more arch-types with the mini stories.

The weekly freshes of events are alot better then just game updates, seems like it's more of a living world versus just grinding through content. You can not play but come back and you'll miss out, but you'll come back to something new to do.

It's a good game to come back to, since updates change it up, events are always going on.

Got on today. Running my Guardian, one reason I love this game is that I can comeback and pick up where I left off. Just wish I had more time to play (grad school, work, & Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate).

I don't know, but if nothing else the main concern I've had is with the random "rolling" of WvW matchups. Ferguson's Crossing, where I run the biggest guild on the server, is being matched up with Devona's Rest and Gate of Madness. I mean...FC is not even a remotely live dog against either of those two. It will end up being a 1v1 while FC watches.

I don't know, but if nothing else the main concern I've had is with the random "rolling" of WvW matchups. Ferguson's Crossing, where I run the biggest guild on the server, is being matched up with Devona's Rest and Gate of Madness. I mean...FC is not even a remotely live dog against either of those two. It will end up being a 1v1 while FC watches.
yeah they are mixing up to match WvW group servers better.

really what they may need to do is to combine servers....or allow populations to match with quotas. getting one server stomped is not fun.

The old system was better, but people whined. Now that the new system is here, those same people are whining because they don't like getting stomped, and the people who knew the old system was better are whining too. I have to say from being on a tier 2 server, that there's a reason the top 3 servers are the top 3. Their coverage is far superior to everyone else, and when we had to face Sanctum of Rall two weeks back the match wasn't really fun for everyone involved. Then my server (Tarnished Coast) got matched up with Sea of Sorrows and Crystal Desert last week and it was even more of a drubbing (for them). Unfun matchups in all directions.

I have never personally ventured into World V World outside of getting my 500 badges to craft my Legendary. With little to no content left in PVE for me to complete it may be time to check it out.

Tired of ANet's lack of account support. 3 days for assistance!? On vacation and wanted to play, now I can't because for some odd reason I'm queued up for a Google Authenticator.

Man, I feel bad for leaving the thread on a sour note. :(

Anyways, hey guys Team CAG is looking for people to help out with our Extra Life Gaming Charity drive.

You raise money and game for 24 hours for Children Hospitals. Pretty fun, and plus it's charity.

Go over to this thread for more info. Click here.

I currently have some raffles up for console and PC games, if anyone is interested and I will also have some for those strictly on Team CAG. Planning a Game of Choice and Preo-order of choice down the road.

Hit me up if you got questions.

Still playing here, enjoyed the new living story stuff, a shame it was over so quick. Pretty upset that SAB won't be making a return any time soon. Been progressing through the pvp reward tracks and doing daily dungeon tours till living world picks back up.

Its pretty depressing, for all the improvements and "improvements" that have been made, very little actual new content I care about has been added. We're still on the same number of dungeons, Dry Top is the only new map we've gotten since Southsun, lack of new jumping puzzles/mini-dungeons. Their focus seems to be on finding ways for people to replay old stuff with new rewards as the enticement which I couldn't care less about.

For me, the gw2 combat system is just so much better than anything else (which the possible exception of TERA but fuck that grind) that I don't think I can play non-actiony mmos anymore. I tried Archeage for a bit but it was torture.

had this game on release, and just started playing yesterday. I hope they still come out with updates, cuz I missed a lot of them.

Does anyone still play this? I just started and enjoy what I have played
I'm not sure about here, but while playing FFXIV I had a number of friends on there that would pick up GW2 and quickly come back to FF. It's a subbed game, so not sure if that suits you but I only recently quit/taking a break after playing for two years solid. If GW2 doesn't work out and you'd like a good MMO, I'd definitely recommend trying it. They have a free trial up to level 20 IIRC, so you can get a small feel for the game and a couple dungeons. A few CAGs are still active in the game as well, so you can hit them up for server names.

The recent drama alerted me to how active this game still and thus finally decided to give it a shot.

Liking it more than WoW and FFXIV for now, looks great too.

The recent drama alerted me to how active this game still and thus finally decided to give it a shot.

Liking it more than WoW and FFXIV for now, looks great too.
It's great until you hit level cap unless they've drastically changed things. Otherwise it just becomes a massive gear grind, for looks or gearing, and had no staying power for me.

bread's done
Back