The Haggle Assist Thread

ets

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I never really bought anything on Craigslist, but I've sold some stuff that were haggled down. I've been reading some "How to haggle" sites and most of them say have a price in mind. Well I have no idea... so here I am asking what should my price be and where to start.

The Story:
The item are used guides, the person paid $25 each "but" only wants $10 for each. I started the haggle process, but I don't know what I should do when asked what I want to offer. Of course I wouldn't mind them for free, but should I start with a dollar each and keep it a goal at 3 for $5? Is that a diss offer, or am I just blocking the possibility of gettig free guides. Actually I already own one of the three guides I want, the second guide is a game I don't even own yet, and the 3rd guide really isn't that usefull for the game. I guess I can use this as a haggleing stepping stone... whats my next step when asked whats the price on mind is?

:bouncy:

heres is my guide

their asking price is high

offer low. They say no meet in the middle. If they say yes. cha ching. Either way you still make out better.

I find Guides for $1 at most places that resell guides, so make your offer low, and throw in the fact that unless it's a rare guide such as FFVII versus they are cheaper elsewhere.

It depends on what the product is, if its electronics or something that can break easily I always pay only the price I would be willing to pay if that item was broken, you have to assume its broken if you can't test it. I have a really good sense for video game prices other than the rare oddity so I never have any trouble with that.

Used guides can be found many places for very cheap, you should check ebay and amazon for a good gauge of what the guides you are buying go for used, provided you know the titles.

If your buying items at a yard sale or on craigslist or wherever you really should be paying less than ebay or retail prices (pay even less if the item is used and in poor condition, for a disc with tons of scratches etc..) whatever applies, some items are just worthless and people think they can get money for them.

It doesn't matter what a person paid for an item its value at the time you are purchasing it is what matters.

bread's done
Back