The Haunted: Mod for UT3

DukeEdwardI

CAGiversary!
Feedback
59 (100%)
ModDB: The Haunted
Download Here
FilePlanet: The Haunted Maps

The Haunted is a fast paced thirdperson horror-action game with focus on a intense multiplayer experience that is all about making a stand and liberating cursed places from the minions of evil. The game features several multiplayer modes such as coop or demons .vs. humans where enemies are spawned and controlled by players. The outstanding visuals lay a perfect tone for the gameplay.

• Playing as human is action focused survival gameplay with a huge arsenal of weapons and melee attacks in the vein of Resident Evil, but with total freedom in movement and more intense, direct combat.
  • Undead humanoid monsters come in many variations and approach from everywhere to give you the feeling of a real fight for your life. There is no place to hide, together or alone. In addition to that, watch out for dangerous traps and environmental hazards.
  • Some multiplayer modes can have players taking control of vicious demon masters. Here you can spawn monsters and play them by yourself, or place traps and trigger the environmental hazards to create a unpredictable threat for the humans.
  • The locations feature an almost mystical atmosphere, provided by awesome graphics and effects. Damage is shown on the characters with blood splatter, dirt and scars along with post processing effects and physical hit animations.
  • Solo Mode: The singleplayer mode pits one human against the forces of evil.
  • Coop Mode: Up to 4 human players have to make a stand against the undead.
    Send as much as possible back to hell and redeem the souls of fallen comrades.
  • Battle Mode: 4 Human players against 4 demons.
  • Demonizer: Similar to coop, but each dead human will turn into a demon until no one is left.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO225zKSGrs&feature=related

This mod is fantastic. I happened across it while looking for mods for UT3 and noticed that it got 1st place in Epic's Make Something Unreal Contest (Link). It was made by six people who are from all over the world. And since they won the grand prize ($50,000 and an Unreal Engine license), they're currently working on a full standalone downloadable title.

I tried it out again last night and had a lot of fun but noticed that there NOBODY online playing it. There were two servers running co-op/survival, but that was it. If anybody is interested in trying out the mod, let me know so we organize a time we could play.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='smarkbran']This made be a noob question, butwill this work on the PS3 version? I know there are some mods for the PS3 available.[/QUOTE]

No. The mod is only available for PC.

Found some people to play with and we played for about 2-3 hours. Had a blast.

There are also some user maps available. FilePlanet: The Haunted Maps

If you download any of these don't download Lost Temple as it's already included in that latest release and don't get The Valley or Tomb as they both don't work. Every other map is awesome though.

If i had seen this mod while it was on sale id have bought it. ill definately pick it up when it goes on sale again.

[quote name='paz9x']If i had seen this mod while it was on sale id have bought it. ill definately pick it up when it goes on sale again.[/QUOTE]

What? It's a free mod. You just need Unreal Tournament 3 to play it. I think it was $10 during the sale.

[quote name='paz9x']If i had seen this mod while it was on sale id have bought it. ill definately pick it up when it goes on sale again.[/QUOTE]

xcozdf.jpg

[quote name='Megazell']
xcozdf.jpg
[/QUOTE]

hahah, thats seriously how i felt when i saw this.

edit - my post was referring to ut3. It was on sale and i didnt buy it, thus i cannot play haunted.

bread's done
Back