The Hi-Kwelity SOTM

Exile - Dirty Science (album)

[quote name='Brak']Quarashi - Jinx, the album

I forgot how good'a hip-hop album this is.[/QUOTE]I'll have to check that out.

[quote name='LiquidNight']Exile - Dirty Science (album)

I'll have to check that out.[/QUOTE]

its really good for a couple guys came out of iceland i think right? they sound alot like the beastie boys. its too bad jinx was there only albulm.

edit:Club Foot- kasabian

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Wiley - Eskiboy Da 2nd Phase Bootleg

This shit is nuts. Liquid, get it.[/quote]Alright, will do.

Run DMC - Raising Hell (album)

[quote name='LiquidNight']Exile - Dirty Science (album)

I'll have to check that out.[/QUOTE]
The track Mr. Jinx is stunning.

How'd those Cardigans albums do you?

[quote name='Brak']The track Mr. Jinx is stunning.

How'd those Cardigans albums do you?[/quote]that is is. The whole album is quite solid, and it has a fresh sound. There's nothing quite like it out there.

As for those Cardigans albums, they're nice for when I want to listen to something softer. I greatly enjoyed Super Extra Gravity.

On Topic: Blackalicious - Blazing Arrow (album)

Dear everything. Today I witnessed a crucifixion in pink and lavender and gold. I've heard people say that beauty is in the details, but I don't think they have ever seen you. There were mortal wounds inflicted on the sky and incriminating blue stains on my shirt. The shirt you bought for me. Christ it hurts. Like stars in my belly going supernova. I feel like a zombie that refuses to live. Haunting the junkyards and cutting myself on scraps of you. The other day I masturbated to pictures of you at your birthday party. They were the only ones I still had. It felt so wrong. Just like my life. I hope I'm dead by the time you read this. I love you.

Pig Destroyer - Starbelly

Best lyrics ever.

Kidz in the Hall - School Was My Hustle (album)

B000ION6NG.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V39793925_.jpg

Grab this Anderson. Great stuff.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Dear everything. Today I witnessed a crucifixion in pink and lavender and gold. I've heard people say that beauty is in the details, but I don't think they have ever seen you. There were mortal wounds inflicted on the sky and incriminating blue stains on my shirt. The shirt you bought for me. Christ it hurts. Like stars in my belly going supernova. I feel like a zombie that refuses to live. Haunting the junkyards and cutting myself on scraps of you. The other day I masturbated to pictures of you at your birthday party. They were the only ones I still had. It felt so wrong. Just like my life. I hope I'm dead by the time you read this. I love you.

Best lyrics ever.[/QUOTE]

Emo disguised as hardcore or metal or whatever the hell they classify Pig Destroyer

[quote name='Fire']Emo disguised as hardcore or metal or whatever the hell they classify Pig Destroyer[/quote]

Grindcore, actually. I really wish JR Hayes would do a clean vocal project, as all of hir lyrics are like a poeticlly brutal noir tale.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Grindcore, actually. I really wish JR Hayes would do a clean vocal project, as all of hir lyrics are like a poeticlly brutal noir tale.[/quote]
Do you know what noir is Sneaky or are you just trying to throw that "big dick" music taste of your around again? Not trying to offend you, but you're throwing a term that definitely does not apply to those lyrics you mentioned. In fact those lyrics sound more like a whiny child who didn't get a piece of cake at a birthday party or who is traumatized by getting picked last in P.E.

And grindcore, hardcore, emo, screamo, all that shit sounds the same to me (with the exception of a couple bands who are somewhat decent). Bunch of whiny, semi-depressed babies.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Do you know what noir is Sneaky or are you just trying to throw that "big dick" music taste of your around again? Not trying to offend you, but you're throwing a term that definitely does not apply to those lyrics you mentioned. In fact those lyrics sound more like a whiny child who didn't get a piece of cake at a birthday party or who is traumatized by getting picked last in P.E.

And grindcore, hardcore, emo, screamo, all that shit sounds the same to me (with the exception of a couple bands who are somewhat decent). Bunch of whiny, semi-depressed babies.[/quote]

Yea, I do. Way to try and instigate.

I also didn't say that song in particular. And if you have to reduce your argument to demeaning a genre I enjoy, well, go right ahead, I don't give a shit.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Yea, I do. Way to try and instigate.

I also didn't say that song in particular. And if you have to reduce your argument to demeaning a genre I enjoy, well, go right ahead, I don't give a shit.[/quote]

Me instigate in a music thread....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: that's the kettle calling the pot black for ya folks. Is your CAG custom title not the pretentious and teenage angst ridden "My music > your music"?

I disagree with your definition of noir is all. Do me a favor and go watch some of the real classic noir such as Black Angel, The Big Clock, The Third Man, M, Criss Cross, Dark Corner, Lady in the Lake, This Gun For Hire, Gun Crazy or some of the Hitchcocks and then come back and talk to me about what noir is. Shit go watch some neo-noir if you don't want to go that far back to the genre's heyday and see some Sin City or L.A. Confidential. That'll at least give you a starting point.

And I quote you Sneaky:

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I really wish JR Hayes would do a clean vocal project, as all of hir lyrics are like a poeticlly brutal noir tale.[/quote]

Key phrase in the sentence is all of hir (assuming that is a spelling mistake) lyrics are like a poeticlly brutal noir tale.

Now let's look at the lyrics you posted:

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Dear everything. Today I witnessed a crucifixion in pink and lavender and gold. I've heard people say that beauty is in the details, but I don't think they have ever seen you. There were mortal wounds inflicted on the sky and incriminating blue stains on my shirt. The shirt you bought for me. Christ it hurts. Like stars in my belly going supernova. I feel like a zombie that refuses to live. Haunting the junkyards and cutting myself on scraps of you. The other day I masturbated to pictures of you at your birthday party. They were the only ones I still had. It felt so wrong. Just like my life. I hope I'm dead by the time you read this. I love you.

Best lyrics ever.[/quote]

No no and no on all acounts. Not noir, not noir-esque, not noir-ish. Not noir in anyway. There's no fucking way that I'm going to write you a fucking report on what noir or film noir is, so I'll just give you a quick link to wikipedia since I'm sure that should suffice for you anyhow. Here's a quick summary of what noir is though, noir is style that associates itself an urban setting with the story surrounding itself generally with a femme fatale or some male character (usually as a private investigator or some format involving deduction) falling for a girl. Oh and there is some argument on both sides whether noir is a genre or more of a form/mood/style. I tend to side with a mix of both, but more the latter becuase it does contain (and can be argued) certain defining characteristics, though they may not be genre specific.

Film noir involves

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_noir

And you're talking about fucking Pig Destroyer. That's like saying Cannibal Corpse's music is a beautiful sonnet arranged to mirror an everyday romance story/tragedy with just a tinge of comedy. Really in the same league as Romeo and Juliet.

ICP is capable of capturing everday human struggle and strife to create a brilliant orchestral solliliquay that is reminiscent of timeless tales such as The Wages of Fear.

And you really ought to get out of the "underground" and maybe broaden your musical stylings. These are definitely not the best lyrics ever. Period. Like I said, it's some whiny crybaby shit. If they can't stand to live that much than they ought to just end it and save us their whiny misery. And I'll leave it as that because if I keep going on I'm afraid I'll hurt your feelings. And a turd is a turd no matter how you want shine it up. If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit as they say.

In no shape or form was I ever demeaning towards "your music". Merely opening up a discourse under which I was heavily critiquing (sp too late to spell) your taste in music. Whether you see it that way is your decision. And as always, you can go into debating whether that "type of music" is actually art, as music is, but of course art is in the eye of the beholder and you can debate the philosophy of art (as anything) till the cows come home.

Look, I know you don't like me because I don't like Nirvana or some shit, but is this all really necessary? Do you honestly think I care? I mean, you take all that time to post a reply, and back it up with wikilinks, why? To prove you're somehow better than me? That the whiney/angsty pretensious teen should bow to your superior knowledge/taste?

And just to let you know, my music IS better than your music. To quote you:

art is in the eye of the beholder

I behold that my music is superior.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Look, I know you don't like me because I don't like Nirvana or some shit, but is this all really necessary? Do you honestly think I care? I mean, you take all that time to post a reply, and back it up with wikilinks, why? To prove you're somehow better than me? That the whiney/angsty pretensious teen should bow to your superior knowledge/taste?

And just to let you know, my music IS better than your music. To quote you:

I behold that my music is superior.[/quote]
fuck you Sneaky. You're missing the entire point. I don't give a shit whether you like Nirvana or not. Do you think I wake up in the morning and go, oh woes me Sneaky is not a fan of nirvana oh what shall I do. You're just being your stubborn pig-headed closed minded self. My post was to show that Pig fucking destroyer is not noir. Is not a fucking fairy tale. It's none of that shit. It's a bunch of whiny EMO fucks. Stop going around labeling shit as what it's not.

To quote myself, art is in the eye of the beholder and to educate you one what that simple phrase means, it means not that you behold music that is better, but that art is merely defined by the individual. jesus, why the fuck am I giving an enlish lesson.

If you're going to come out and say something you better be fucking ready to back it up.

And you don't behold shit. It's merely your opinion and fucking annoying one. So shut the fuck up and stop coming into threads with your holier-than thou attitude. fuck it that's why there's an ignore list. Reminds me of why I left CAG.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']fuck you Sneaky. You're missing the entire point. I don't give a shit whether you like Nirvana or not. Do you think I wake up in the morning and go, oh woes me Sneaky is not a fan of nirvana oh what shall I do. You're just being your stubborn pig-headed closed minded self. My post was to show that Pig fucking destroyer is not noir. Is not a fucking fairy tale. It's none of that shit. It's a bunch of whiny EMO fucks.

If you're going to come out and say something you better be fucking ready to back it up.

And you don't behold shit. It's merely your opinion and fucking annoying one. So shut the fuck up and stop coming into threads with your holier-than thou attitude. fuck it that's why there's an ignore list. Reminds me of why I left CAG.[/quote]
Ahem, behold == opinion.

Please ignore me, that way you won't be forced to reply whenever I enjoy lyrics.

[quote name='"JR Hayes"']Fingerprints on my eyes like ten tiny maps to heaven, or ten rogue angels torching the house of god. I feel something pressing against my kidneys. Maybe a pair of wings. Maybe the ghost of a bullet.[/quote]
That sounds like something out of Sin City to me.

And why must you resort to insults? Have I insulted you in some way? Has my personal taste and opinions angered you? I apologize for voicing what is mine to voice.

Currently listening to a playlist of Melt Banana and Mad Capsule Markets.

bread's done
Back