The Highest you are willing to spend on a used Xbox 360 (Craiglist/ebay)

supraazn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
This thread is to ask how low of a price will it take for you to finally buy a xbox 360.
And are too cheap to buy new and want to score on a cheap used one off craigslist... or worst Ebay.
I believe craigslist will be better and that's what I'm going for.

This is for people here that never owned a 360 either because of cost, lack of games they like, and/or Pure Microsoft hate.
But with a pretty good line up coming this fall and the holy grail that is halo 3 (opinions may vary) i really want one, but only for a few games.

At what price will you unquestionably jump on and get a 360 without hesitation?

and if you can, specifically which model.

Me? I personally haven't bought a 360 yet because price is a little too high for a part time working full time college student and no game has really made me go crazy for it.
That was until Halo 3.
I preordered Halo 3 months ago without even knowing if i will be able to get a 360 at all before its release.
Now that halo 3 is only 3 days away I'm rushing to get to score on one or i'll be force to bum off of my friends system.
my best bet is craigslist and I'm looking for, and not buying it, unless its 140$ for a core w/mem card or its 180$ for a premium/core w/20gbHDD.
of course it will have to have at least one controller, video and power cords, and fully working with LIVE.
if i don't find one within that range i wont buy, chances are that is pretty slim but I'm a cheapass so i don't care.

I'm kinda interested on what the lowest price range of CAGs for the 360 is.
mine might change depending on the average majority here.

[quote name='supraazn']

At what price will you unquestionably jump on and get a 360 without hesitation?
[/QUOTE]

I have been saying this for years that the reason why I haven't gotten a 360 was because 1, too expensive and 2, I don't have a high def tv to support it.

However things changed at the beginning of September when my local micro center had a very amazing deal with the 360.

360 Refurbed for 249.99 with 2 YEAR UNLIMITED EXCHANGES!

Talked to management about this for clarification because something felt funny about this deal. They confirmed that you will get two years of exchanges..meaning if my refurbed RROD 6 months from now, I go in and get another refurbed. If that refurbed breaks down 3 months later, I get another one when I turn my dead one and so on UP TO 2 years. If they do NOT have any refurbs left, then I get a 249.99 gift card towards the purchase of anything in the store INCLUDING another 360 :) If they live up to their deal, which I forced them make sure that on the receipt it says UNLIMITED EXCHANGES FOR 2 years (printed, not hand written) then by the time the 2 years is up, based on the way ms price drops the 360, a future 360 model could come out to about $300.00

The new model will most likely have the new nm chip sets (45nm or smaller), a new cooling design, bigger hard drive and so on.

If the price is about right, then all I have to do is pay the difference when they have the newest model.

So yea it's used/refurbed but I got a written garrenty.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']The lowest I'd be willing to spend is $0. Your thread title is poorly worded.[/quote]

Someone could pay you to get one...

[quote name='Unickuta']Someone could pay you to get one...[/QUOTE]

I thought about that but didn't know how to word it. The lowest I'd be willing to pay is negative infinity, how's that?

[quote name='supraazn']
I'm looking for, and not buying it, unless its 140$ for a core w/mem card or its 180$ for a premium/core w/20gbHDD.
of course it will have to have at least one controller, video and power cords, and fully working with LIVE.
if i don't find one within that range i wont buy[/QUOTE]

So, just to clarify, you want the console, plus a memory card / hard drive, AND Live Gold for $140 (core) / $180 (premium).

I doubt that will happen. Unless someone sells you a brick that's been temporarily fixed with the towel trick.

IF you can hands-on verify it works AND you know how to tell if the case has been popped AND you know for a fact it hasn't been perma-banned from XBL (sign up for a silver account to check), then I'd pay the following:

Non-HDMI 360 itself (no HDD, no nothing): $125.00

HDMI 360 itself: $200

20GB HDD: $40.00

120 GB HDD: $100.00

Controllers: $30/each

For me I don't care about the colors; a core plays like an elite plays like a premium, other than HDD size and HDMI.

The thing is, if the case has been popped, MS will not honor the warranty. If the 360 has been permabanned from XBL I don't think you can get that cleared. Just checking to see if it RRODs on boot isn't good enough because of the towel trick (youtube it for more info-I think CheapyD did one once as a test). You might want to try Llama.com for info about how to check for some of these things.

GL, and welcome in advance to the fold of 360 owners!

[quote name='PenguinMaster']The lowest I'd be willing to spend is $0. Your thread title is poorly worded.[/quote]
Ok fine!, Title re-worded for your viewing pleasure. :nottalking:

[quote name='Haggar']So, just to clarify, you want the console, plus a memory card / hard drive, AND Live Gold for $140 (core) / $180 (premium).

I doubt that will happen. Unless someone sells you a brick that's been temporarily fixed with the towel trick.[/quote]
ok i guess my first post was full of mistakes, lack of proof reading on my part.
by that LIVE part i meant that it cant be banned from xbox live not that it has to include it.

and yes a core with a memory card (140$) or a 360 with a HDD (180)

and again I'm don't absolutely need a 360, thats why its a lowball prices because thats what will make me buy it w/o hesitation.
I'm not expecting to find it at that price easily and right away.
there are times when someone really want to get rid of there 360 fast and will be renegotiable enough to be swayed by my lowball offer.

so enough with the would pay zero answers.
yes yes your clever, we know.

Are you going around offering $180 to people who are most likely selling it for around $300 (which seems to be the price people list it for)? Hopefully not - cause that's as lowball as it goes. And you say you don't absolutely need a 360 yet in your original post you seem like you want to desperately want to play Halo 3. I don't see prices on craigslist dropping anytime soon because it's getting close to the Holidays and sellers know people will be looking to buy stuff cheaper than retail.

I myself would pay around the same thing for a used 360. I just don't want to spend too much and get burned with a bad 360. But unlike you I trully don't have the slightest interest and $350 isn't actually that bad for me, at least I would be able to sleep easy knowing that it's covered by a warranty.

Someone offered $230 for an elite I bought recently. Do what I did, buy a bigger bundle for like $500 or so, and sell off individual parts, if I do that I can get the x box I bought yesterday for under $100 for sure with 2 controllers and a few shizzit left over.

I sold my used premium 360 last week on Craigslist for $300 with FEAR and Battlefield 2...and bought a brand new one during the Office Depot deal for $300 w/ HDMI...

On Craigslist, a used premium seemed to be going for about $250-$270

[quote name='jngx80']Are you going around offering $180 to people who are most likely selling it for around $300 (which seems to be the price people list it for)? Hopefully not - cause that's as lowball as it goes. And you say you don't absolutely need a 360 yet in your original post you seem like you want to desperately want to play Halo 3. I don't see prices on craigslist dropping anytime soon because it's getting close to the Holidays and sellers know people will be looking to buy stuff cheaper than retail.

I myself would pay around the same thing for a used 360. I just don't want to spend too much and get burned with a bad 360. But unlike you I trully don't have the slightest interest and $350 isn't actually that bad for me, at least I would be able to sleep easy knowing that it's covered by a warranty.[/quote]
actually this morning there was a posting on craiglist for 150$ a core system with a 20gb and two wired controller.
i called him up and he said that i can come over today to check it out because i was the first one to call.

i'm definitely gonna check it out and test it with a game and he told me that he was connected to live too. he said the seals not broken and that it was 1 1/2 years old. so even if it goes RROD on me im guessin the 3yr warrenty will still be in effect.

if everything looks good, looks like i'll be getting a 360 for 150$. not gettin my hopes up tho.

yes i really want to play halo 3 and i can play it on my friends 360 if i cant get one myself. i wont die without a 360 so i dont absolutly need one.

I saw an ad on Craigslist for a 6 month old 360 with 2 wireless controlls, all connectivity, the 20gb hard drive, and 9 games (1) Gears of war, (2) GRAW, (3) Spiderman 2 (old xbox), (4) MLB 2k6, (5) NCAA 2007, (6) NFS Most Wanted, (7) Tony Hawk's Underground, (8) Kameo, (9) Tiger Woods 2007. All listed for 750.

Well I called the kid and emailed and haggled and got him down to $450 for everything. It is not an insane steal but a good bargain IMO, what do you think? I have had my 360 since January now and it still works fine and AM LOVING being a WII/360 owner.

bread's done
Back