The Howard Stern Thread

i don't care if he takes fridays off or not.. A friday show would wrap up the week.. yes a third channel would be nice for old shows..

Bubba's show is great.. hilarious.. I catch myself every once in a while talking like Gene Lasker..

I listen to bubba from time to time but it gets old having chicks come on and do stuff that isnt good unless its seen and for you to see it you have to join bubba's site and pay. Not interested in that.

Some times the Gene Lasker stuff is gold even though I hated him at first.

If they did a greatest of MTT, that would be cool.

Most people think Howard deserves this yadda yadda yadda.

Agree'd, I think Howard has done enough to the point he can write his own ticket so to speak. What I dont like is all the promoting he did to get people on and he widdles down the show to 4 days a week. The commercials are getting longer and he seems to be so quickly dis-interested in going with a good thing that he likes robin doing the news earlier than they use to. When he first got on things were hot and fresh. Now it seems like theyre just coasting it.

This was just on one of tonight's episodes of Cops. Thought I'd post it for all to enjoy:

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02pSff8dI1M[/MEDIA]

This guy's career is slowly every week going down the crapper (Albeit with 300+ million dolloars) and going further and further.

1988 is calling, wanting you back.

[quote name='The Dord']This guy's career is slowly every week going down the crapper (Albeit with 300+ million dolloars) and going further and further.

1988 is calling, wanting you back.[/quote]
Says a man with and O+A avatar. What are you like related to them or something? Howard Stern has never been better. His show is funnier than it ever was on terrestrial radio. He's probably pulling down better ratings on a pay service than almost any show on regular radio, which is free. And how people can listen to anything on regular radio (especially Imus and O+A) is beyond me. Low threshold for entertainment perhaps?

It's funny that o+a are still failing to put up big ratings. I tried listening to them the other morning and god was it so unfunny. I'm glad stern is around to at least provide a little humor in the morning. Even the Hillman morning show on waaf is funnier than o+a.

Yeah, let's not try to debate here....I love my STERN show though. It is damn hilarious lately.

On a side not, anyone have any decent biography sites on Stern? I'm doing a leadership presentation, and I thought i would pick Stern as a leader since it's seems rather easy (leader in radio, leader in satellite), plus it's an easy Master's class I'm taking.

Considering alot of the O&A bits show up after Howard has already done it, sing on.

Say all you want about Howard but notice who has the phat paycheck and who doesnt. End of discussion.

[quote name='doubledown']Yeah, let's not try to debate here....I love my STERN show though. It is damn hilarious lately.

On a side not, anyone have any decent biography sites on Stern? I'm doing a leadership presentation, and I thought i would pick Stern as a leader since it's seems rather easy (leader in radio, leader in satellite), plus it's an easy Master's class I'm taking.[/QUOTE]

I will make it a bit easier, so there is no debates. Any O&A fans can come to this thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127548

Eh, Cant say I care he's getting married again. Ill wait and see how it will change him before passing judgement. If it affects the quality of the show then Ill have something to say about it. Other than that, more power to him and whatever makes him happy!

I was hoping to hear what Howard had to say about it today but apparently they have off this entire week. Thats my one and only complaint about the show on Sirius. Entirely too much time off. They have off every Friday and then take off holidays and random week long breaks.

[quote name='Maklershed']I was hoping to hear what Howard had to say about it today but apparently they have off this entire week. Thats my one and only complaint about the show on Sirius. Entirely too much time off. They have off every Friday and then take off holidays and random week long breaks.[/quote]
I can understand taking a week off for the major holidays such as 4th of july, thanksgiving and christmas. But a whole week for president's day is kind of ridiculous. Other then them being lazy every once and a while the show is hilarious.

while I do agree with you.. they would only be doing 3 shows since they always take friday off...I hate when I can hear howard eating though..it's damned annoying...

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']So then what are you doing thread crapping here?[/QUOTE]

Making link =/= thread crapping, I moved it to a diffrent thread unless you like to pick fights.

[quote name='The Dord']Making link =/= thread crapping, I moved it to a diffrent thread unless you like to pick fights.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The Dord']This guy's career is slowly every week going down the crapper (Albeit with 300+ million dolloars) and going further and further.

1988 is calling, wanting you back.[/QUOTE]

?

From what little they talked about on Bubba The Love Sponge on monday, it seems that even though both have alot of the same station types, theyll basically break down to who is owed what through how much in a contract is left, who can be bought out, who is to be kept.

I dont see them keeping Oral and Anal but I could be wrong.

[quote name='Maklershed']Tragedy my friends ... Sanjaya was finally voted off.[/quote] BAD NEWS!

I suggest cheering yourself up by watching "Weekend at Bigfoot's on Howard TV. I'm watching it via slingbox right now...classic!

Artie with the penthouse pets is hilarious also. When they were tickling him and he couldn't even get off the couch was priceless.

[quote name='CheapyD']BAD NEWS!

I suggest cheering yourself up by watching "Weekend at Bigfoot's on Howard TV. I'm watching it via slingbox right now...classic![/quote]

Whats this slingbox you speak of? And I had Howard TV for a month or two around the time it first started and it was terrible so I got rid of it. But I've heard that there's been menu changes and it sounds like there's a lot of great content coming up so maybe I'll have to get it once again. I cant wait to see that weekend with Bigfoot .. I can only imagine its a horror fest.

Nick Manning in the studio was good and the "dropping loads" gag is pretty funny. Especially having him record diff "drops".

[quote name='Will']Nick Manning in the studio was good and the "dropping loads" gag is pretty funny. Especially having him record diff "drops".[/quote]
Its funny how artie and robin were getting mad whenever fred played a "dropping loads" clip about them.

I dont care what anyone says, Fred is a effin GENIUS. The clips he plays throughout the show are well timed and they work with whats going on and 99% of the time are on the money. Artie did get a little sick from Fred playing the dropping loads on Artie's cup cakes.

It still cracks me up when Robin is doing the news and its a serious subject and Fred plays the Gilbert laugh tracks.

[quote name='Will']I dont care what anyone says, Fred is a effin GENIUS. The clips he plays throughout the show are well timed and they work with whats going on and 99% of the time are on the money. Artie did get a little sick from Fred playing the dropping loads on Artie's cup cakes.

It still cracks me up when Robin is doing the news and its a serious subject and Fred plays the Gilbert laugh tracks.[/quote] I wasn't badmouthing fred. I think fred is hilarious. His impressions always have me cracking up especially when JD comes to chime in and you hear fred doing his impression of JD while JD tries to mumble out a sentence. One thing I am kind of getting annoyed about is how Robin is sometimes a little too arrogant and can never admit that she's wrong. An example would be when robin came in last in that race, yet she wouldn't admit that she came in last instead she kept saying that she was the first to finish without crashing. That's not what they were saying, she came in last and she just won't admit.

[quote name='Mex25']One thing I am kind of getting annoyed about is how Robin is sometimes a little too arrogant and can never admit that she's wrong. An example would be when robin came in last in that race, yet she wouldn't admit that she came in last instead she kept saying that she was the first to finish without crashing. That's not what they were saying, she came in last and she just won't admit.[/quote]I think that is part of her "charm"!

[quote name='Mex25']I wasn't badmouthing fred. I think fred is hilarious. His impressions always have me cracking up especially when JD comes to chime in and you hear fred doing his impression of JD while JD tries to mumble out a sentence. One thing I am kind of getting annoyed about is how Robin is sometimes a little too arrogant and can never admit that she's wrong. An example would be when robin came in last in that race, yet she wouldn't admit that she came in last instead she kept saying that she was the first to finish without crashing. That's not what they were saying, she came in last and she just won't admit.[/QUOTE]

My bad, I wasnt saying you were. Just a general comment on Fred period. Plus when you hear his laugh ever so slightly its contageous.sp?

I didnt think Robin was being too arrogant about that as much as they were trying to say she came in last. She did admit that she was last of those that were able to finish but overall not last.

I think its really great when someone or something gets under her skin enough to make her cuss. I think someone sent an email and took a shot at her and the racing and she dropped a big ol' F bomb that was just too funny.

my only gripe is howard eating on the air...and it's not even that he is eating but he clicks when he does it... that drives me nuts...

[quote name='Will']My bad, I wasnt saying you were. Just a general comment on Fred period. Plus when you hear his laugh ever so slightly its contageous.sp?

I didnt think Robin was being too arrogant about that as much as they were trying to say she came in last. She did admit that she was last of those that were able to finish but overall not last.

I think its really great when someone or something gets under her skin enough to make her cuss. I think someone sent an email and took a shot at her and the racing and she dropped a big ol' F bomb that was just too funny.[/quote] I loved it when howard and artie pointed out a website called robinswrong and she immediately got quiet and you can tell she just wanted to punch her computer screen. Howard started to read some of the things from the site and robin tried to ignore him. Then artie started in and she started to drop a couple of f bombs about how she would smack the creator of the site. The best part was when Howard wanted to bring the creator of the site into the studio so he could debate robin but she kept saying that she has nothing to say to him.

Oh and cheapy lol rrrrrrrrright her "charm"

[quote name='Mex25']I wasn't badmouthing fred. I think fred is hilarious. His impressions always have me cracking up especially when JD comes to chime in and you hear fred doing his impression of JD while JD tries to mumble out a sentence. One thing I am kind of getting annoyed about is how Robin is sometimes a little too arrogant and can never admit that she's wrong. An example would be when robin came in last in that race, yet she wouldn't admit that she came in last instead she kept saying that she was the first to finish without crashing. That's not what they were saying, she came in last and she just won't admit.[/quote]

I dislike Robin quite a bit but the show just doesnt sound the same without her. The other day she left early to go to that race and the show didnt have the same feel to it .. especially when Fred was making fun of JD and you didnt hear Robin there cackling and egging Fred on.

And about her never being able to admit she's wrong .. I sometimes listen to the show about a week behind (which was what was happenig last week) and they were taking bets on if Imus would be fired or not. And Robin kept saying he wouldnt be. And at the time I was listening to the show, I already knew he was. So I said to my friend, I guarantee that on Monday (4/16) she'll make it sound like she knew it .. and thats exactly what happened. Artie said something to the effect, "I guess I owe Dominic a $1,000 now." and Robin says, "I told you last week .. there was a chance that he wasnt coming back after MSNBC got rid of him!" which is just the opposite of what she actually said.

[quote name='Mex25']I loved it when howard and artie pointed out a website called robinswrong and she immediately got quiet and you can tell she just wanted to punch her computer screen. Howard started to read some of the things from the site and robin tried to ignore him. Then artie started in and she started to drop a couple of f bombs about how she would smack the creator of the site. The best part was when Howard wanted to bring the creator of the site into the studio so he could debate robin but she kept saying that she has nothing to say to him.

Oh and cheapy lol rrrrrrrrright her "charm"[/quote]

Actually, Robin was so pissed about that, she said she would walk out if they got the website owner on the show. That was so freakin funny...
http://www.robinswrong.com/

I went to robinswrong.com immediately after she explained that the backslash is now referred to as "forward slash" when it comes to website addresses. I had no idea what the fuck she was talking about and I knew they'd tear her apart on robinswrong for that one (which they did :)).

[quote name='javeryh']Are there any places to DL shows that don't involve torrents? Like maybe a rapidshare/megaupload blog or something?[/QUOTE]

Theres one site that does highlights of shows. I dont use them as much as I use to use SFN when they allowed shop clips posted for download. The one I use now prefers to use mega upload and Im a rapidshare kind of guy.

Seems robin "i'm always right" quivers is starting her own show. I guess her and her 5 fans are going to be happy with next to no ratings. Anyways the show was great last week with the kid and father contest, like always sal always takes things too far but it always produces hilarious results. Today's show was hilarious especially when howard was yelling at artie for being late to gary's party.

The phone calls they staged for bigfoot were hilarious. Artie and gary calling and yelling at bigfoot was hilarious.

Robin can start her own show if she wants. It wont interfere with Sterns show, its gonna have content that will bore the fuck outta howard, which will mean he'll find a way to make fun it provding content for Sterns show. Its all good.

Indeed. I imagine Richard and Sal will listen to it non stop for quality stuff. I thought it was kind weird though that she didnt think to mention to Howard about having a show (which wont even be on one of his channels).

bread's done
Back