The Howard Stern Thread

I'm not a huge fan of Jason Ellis, he does shit to get noticed and recognized not because it's funny or to see how America would react..

[quote name='tcrash247']Where do you guys listen to old shows? I have Sirius in my car but I only get to listen on the way to and from work.[/QUOTE]

I hear some people use torrents... I'm not sure though.

I am a paying subscriber, but choose to listen on my zune(at my own pace, I'm always two weeks behind). I use wushdishmeen on tpb. Not sure if I'm breaking any forum rules by saying so.

Anyone see Eric the Midget's head explode on Fringe, it was pretty sweet - and actually his 8 seconds of acting wasn't horrible.

Gary's book comes out Tuesday. Anyone else getting it?

Also, I'm a bit behind - I'm listening to the 10/14 show. Has Howard gotten to Jackie's "Ask anything" show? He's been teasing it for a few days in a row now but he keeps getting distracted and forgets about it. I love hearing Jackie get picked apart .. not because I dislike him just because I enjoy hearing it. The only people I enjoy getting harassed more are Benjie and Ronnie.

Probably BS, but there are supposedly reports of Howard getting close to signing some sort of 3 year radio/tv deal with Apple. We'll see, I just hope he doesn't take entire summers off, where ever he ends up.

[quote name='hufferstl']Probably BS, but there are supposedly reports of Howard getting close to signing some sort of 3 year radio/tv deal with Apple. We'll see, I just hope he doesn't take entire summers off, where ever he ends up.[/QUOTE]I wonder if that'll drive iPod / iPhone sales like it did for Sirius receivers, if it's not BS.

I can only wonder what kind of "deal" Apple would sign for his talents for three years.

My guess is some sort of streaming "live" daily show and then later that day the whole thing will be available as a podcast download. I have been paying $12/month for streaming sirius and would easily pay apple(or whoever) for the same content. The "Howard" app that he talked about (with all the old stuff) would be really interesting as well. My guess is that he stays with Sirius, since it has to be the easiest thing for him to do. Moving to something else sounds like way more work that he is willing to do.

I turned it on this morning right after he made the announcement so I missed all of it. Does anyone know if he's still going to do 4 days or lower it to 3 or if he's moving to afternoons?

I can't really say I'm surprised by the announcement, even though they were cryptic about it for months. I just honestly didn't see where else he would end up going, as he certainly wouldn't go back to terrestrial radio and, whether people admit it or not, online radio would seem like a step down.

[quote name='tcrash247']I turned it on this morning right after he made the announcement so I missed all of it. Does anyone know if he's still going to do 4 days or lower it to 3 or if he's moving to afternoons?[/QUOTE]

4 days to start it off so it sounds like 3 days will happen before too long. Much like when he started at Sirius. He said the schedule is flexible aka more vacations too.

Whoa whoa whoa stop the clock.

There is absolutely no way I would ever attend a Ronnie's block party. And I am so glad that Eric the midget is getting more airtime lately.

Show has been pretty good lately, nothing great. We need another George Takei week soon.

My definition for this girl is .. a-dor-a-ble.

Until today there were no posts since March? Crazy. I just saw a picture of the 'new' Benji today. He looks like a crossdresser with a fake beard.

The Benjy thing is a total put on. Another episode of schtick-coma.

Was sad to see Stern Fan Network close down this morning. Don't know if it's for good or not.

[quote name='DestroVega']The Benjy thing is a total put on. Another episode of schtick-coma. [/QUOTE]

I'll take anything that isn't Beth Stern, North Shore/dog, photography, or Dancing With the Stars discussion.

[quote name='DestroVega']The Benjy thing is a total put on. Another episode of schtick-coma.

Was sad to see Stern Fan Network close down this morning. Don't know if it's for good or not.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure the SFN thing has to be some kind of bit. I hope so because thats how I keep track with the show (sure as hell not going to listen).

Mark's Friggin has a pretty good run down every day. What's the reason for SFN closing? You'd think with all the exposure they'd have pretty many visitors.

Stern Fan Mutt
well, I guess the cats out of the bag. we're shut down while I upgrade the site, add staff, & come up w/ plans to make SFN a better place for fans. I do not have a timeframe.

[quote name='yankeessuck']Changing their policies=no more making fun of Beth

Place wont be so fun anymore.[/QUOTE]

That photoshop thread is brutal especially to Beth and Robin.

[quote name='Maklershed']That photoshop thread is brutal especially to Beth and Robin.[/QUOTE]

Funny reading the updates Mutt is making. Howard wants to site to stay gone and Mutt obviously wants it "hater free". I guess SFN will have about 5 people left. Its not realistic to expect people to think the show is as good as ever because its so obviously not.

[quote name='Maklershed']Mark's Friggin has a pretty good run down every day. What's the reason for SFN closing? You'd think with all the exposure they'd have pretty many visitors.[/QUOTE]

Hamptons Howie, Yoko Betho and Fatso Blobin cant stand hearing the truth's about themselves. Which is why Howie and Blobin haven't had a roast about themself.

Plus the Owner of the site host SFN Radio. It's becoming a conflict of interest when Beth is bashed 24/7 rightfully so. The over the age breaking point was Howie posting pictures of Beth half naked in lingerie wearing arm warmers to keep her forearms warm. Think about that, she is wearing a teddy and next to nothing but has to keep her forearms warm.

Ha Benji looks like an emo/male version of Wendy now

5ktAz.jpg

BTW - is the show live today or do they have off?

The whole Benjy "girlfriend" story is ridiculous. It's obviously all fake. From the schilling of you music, do they goofy outfits. You're talking about a girl who dated Vin Diesel, Ethan Hawke and Matt Dillon, to then hook up with Benjy?? Right.

[quote name='Will']Anyone still listening? Whats the current lawsuit Howard is involved in?[/QUOTE]

He's suing Sirius. Howard has a bonus when they reached 20 million subscribers, but because they acquired about 10-13 million of those in the XM merger, they claim it doesn't count. They say they are two companies in that regard, that those XM subscriptions are XM customers.

Without Howard Sirius wouldn't exist today. Regardless if they got to 20 million with a merger or not, they got there.

[quote name='Spyder187']Does anyone really think Howard is even relevant in 2012? I would rather have a Kony radio show than listen to him.[/QUOTE]
He wasn't even relevant or entertaining 10 or whatever years ago when he was still on free radio. They had his show on in the mornings on the local rock station here and while I'd get an occasional chuckle out of the show it was usually so boring I changed the channel.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']He wasn't even relevant or entertaining 10 or whatever years ago when he was still on free radio. They had his show on in the mornings on the local rock station here and while I'd get an occasional chuckle out of the show it was usually so boring I changed the channel.[/QUOTE]

He was still #1 in just about every market he was simulcast on when he left free radio. Hardly irrelevant. .

He also got millions of people to buy a pay service so they could listen to him, something no one else in radio could do.

And the crowds currently going to see America's Got Talent tapings are packed with Howard fanatics.

Wether or not you were/are a fan of the show is something entirely different.

As far as the number of days he works, he works three days a week on a normal week. It has nothing to do with his lawsuit, he sued them after his last deal was worked out. They wanted him to re-sign, he really wanted to work less or just retire.

[quote name='DestroVega']He was still #1 in just about every market he was simulcast on when he left free radio. Hardly irrelevant. .

He also got millions of people to buy a pay service so they could listen to him, something no one else in radio could do.

And the crowds currently going to see America's Got Talent tapings are packed with Howard fanatics.

Wether or not you were/are a fan of the show is something entirely different.

As far as the number of days he works, he works three days a week on a normal week. It has nothing to do with his lawsuit, he sued them after his last deal was worked out. They wanted him to re-sign, he really wanted to work less or just retire.[/QUOTE]

Its a shell of what the show used to be in almost every way. Even ratings suggest there arent many people listening anymore.

How are the ratings for AGT? I have never bothered to look into it.

[quote name='Will']Anyone still listening? [/QUOTE]

I am . Haven't missed a show since their terrestrial radio days.

[quote name='DestroVega']He's suing Sirius. Howard has a bonus when they reached 20 million subscribers, but because they acquired about 10-13 million of those in the XM merger, they claim it doesn't count. They say they are two companies in that regard, that those XM subscriptions are XM customers.

Without Howard Sirius wouldn't exist today. Regardless if they got to 20 million with a merger or not, they got there.[/QUOTE]

Which leads him to his hilarious intro to every single fucking show .. "Good morning and welcome to Sirius XM. Is it one company or two? Sometimes its one sometimes its two. When it comes to the stock its one, when it comes to me its two."

[quote name='DestroVega']He was still #1 in just about every market he was simulcast on when he left free radio. Hardly irrelevant. .

Wether or not you were/are a fan of the show is something entirely different.[/QUOTE]
After watching the E! show for a while I wanted his show to be broadcast on one of the stations here. But after listening to the show for a month or two, I realized it was the same shit over and over. But I guess America must love the sos year in and year out since otherwise shows like Survivor/American Idol would be off the air by now.

[quote name='yankeessuck']Its a shell of what the show used to be in almost every way. Even ratings suggest there arent many people listening anymore.

How are the ratings for AGT? I have never bothered to look into it.[/QUOTE]

Again, you liking the show or not is a separate issue. I've been listening since 94, I still like the show. It's different, but I'm still into it.

AGT is the highest rated show on television in the summer. Which is easier being on an off cycle

[quote name='DestroVega']Again, you liking the show or not is a separate issue. I've been listening since 94, I still like the show. It's different, but I'm still into it.

AGT is the highest rated show on television in the summer. Which is easier being on an off cycle[/QUOTE]

How relevant can he be if even his fans are jumping ship? He doesnt make the news, His Letterman appearances dont spike their ratings, and he hasnt really done much for AGTs viewership.

You can say he was still relevant 5 years ago if you want but even way its been on a decline for awhile.

bread's done
Back