The Ilovebees.com countdown HAS ENDED, what will or has happened?

Standard_procedure is now active.

In case anybody is wondering, DRT stands for Dead Right There. In combat DRT means it isn't worth the medic's risk to get close enough to verify.

[quote name='epobirs'][quote name='mykevermin'][quote name='epobirs']I was wondering the same. Also, on this page,
http://www.thebruce.ca/ilovebees/
if you go to 'THe Axon Plot' there is a set of WAVs that I don't see linked anywhere.

The names are Hello, Troy, Receipt, and Goodbye. Where are these located?[/quote]

I'm going to admit that I am an absolute foolio, and have no idea how to figure out the locations (to find if there are any near me - the closest the last group came was about 5 hours away). Can anyone guide me to a location list (or explain how thebruce's location works)?

myke.[/quote]

Most map sites will let you enter GPS coordinates as presented on the axon list.[/quote]

Thanks.

myke.

Is it just me, or is this dying down?

Also, anyone know any other good forums to read about this? Gear box use to have one, but it has not been posted on in about a week.

Take Care,
Matthew

its dying down, because there isnt much in the form of new. Since inception its being going up and down, mainly because it takes people a while to figure out whats really going on

i dont know if this has been posted before..(probably)
but august 24th was when i got the new OXM disc and it had a new halo 2 video on it.
well, maybe it wasnt new, but i had never seen it before.

[quote name='dnt_h8me2']i dont know if this has been posted before..(probably)
but august 24th was when i got the new OXM disc and it had a new halo 2 video on it.
well, maybe it wasnt new, but i had never seen it before.[/quote]

Just FYI, the OXM video was just the Halo 2 theatrical trailer.

[quote name='zewone']I hope Bungie realizes people would have rather had a demo. Nice try though guys.[/quote]

Depends which people you're talking about. I like Halo for its depth of story compared to almost any other FPS. I do almost no multiplayer gaming so the deathmatch aspect does nothing for me.

THis ARG builds directly on those elements that made Halo stand out from the FPS horde.

Now that the game mechanism is well understood and the story is coming together there isn't all that much to talk about. I'm still enjoying the whole thing but I'm not as compelled to speculation as earlier.

[quote name='epobirs']Now that the game mechanism is well understood and the story is coming together there isn't all that much to talk about. I'm still enjoying the whole thing but I'm not as compelled to speculation as earlier.[/quote]

Agreed. Now that the excitement of it has ended I don't even care anymore. My plate is too full to worry about weather some dudes in Des Moines answered a phone on time or not.

Now that I've read the three Halo novels some stuff makes more sense. Jan James is obviously a later stage Spartan without the full augmentation set. The added weight would be hard to hide. The spartan program operates by kidnapping exceptional children and replacing them with fast-grown clones. The clones are subject to various failures and usually dies within a few years. After hearing Kamal's description of his little sister's decline and death I think it's safe to assume Janissary James is that sister. Which makes her name all the more appropriate.

One thing I've wondered about since reading the novels. The fast grown clones die off but clones produced at normal speed don't have the problem. Is there a newer generation of Spartans cloned from the first and raised from birth within the program?

[quote name='Ledhed']I've been considering picking the novels up, but I simply abhorr 'action-y' books. Is there a story worth reading in them?[/quote]

It adds a lot of background depth to the game setting. Yes, there is a lot of time given to combat but what else would be accepted by Halo fans.

The first book deals with the creation of the Spartans, especially John 117, who eventually becomes the MAster Chief and Spartan team leader.

The second book is a novelization of Halo, with a much greatly level of details as too what was going on at various points.

The third book picks up immediately after Halo, following not only the Master Chief but also other surviving Spartans. At the end of that book there are still at least three Spartans unaccounted for and possibly available for future games/novels.

They're on the short side, about 340 pages each. I read each one in 3-5 hours.

Several dozen more WAV files have become available and the plot has thickened. We now have some idea why Kamal, Sophia, and Aiden are supposed to be of interest and confirmation of who and what Janissary James is.

When you got to see the site and see "Friends and allies can seek out rendezvous info here.", click on "HERE" and it now says "Warning: Special Braodcast 10/31"

More weirdness tommorow? YAY!

[quote name='Wshakspear']When you got to see the site and see "Friends and allies can seek out rendezvous info here.", click on "HERE" and it now says "Warning: Special Braodcast 10/31"

More weirdness tommorow? YAY![/quote]

Looks like more axon locations. And good Lord are there alot of them...

"Green Goddess Facial

2 egg whites
1 cup fresh mint
3 cups fresh spinach
1 piece (about 1 inch) ginger
3 Tablespoons honey
1 ripe banana

Rinse the spinach in a sink full of cold water, drain the sink, fill and rinse again. Cut and peel ginger. In food processor or blender combine spinach, mint and ginger. Blend on low setting. Add honey and banana and blend until liquid. Add egg whites, blend until all ingredients are mixed thoroughly. Transfer to porcelain bowl or glass dish. On clean skin apply a small amount of Green Honey Glow to entire face and neck. Apply using a fan brush or finger tips. Allow to remain on skin for 15 minutes. Rinse and apply appropriate moisturizer. Store covered in refrigerator for up to one week. It will tone your skin, leaving it glowing and youthful, and it smells wonderful!"

that sounds lovely :)

I've been really into this since it started, answering phones, taking pictures of strangers weilding power tools, and all the other ilb weirdness.

But I think it's paid off.. Crew Members are being invited to a "combat training excercise" using "LIVEware"

I'm going on thursday with two ilb friends I've made.. (believe it or not, they're both girls, and they're both very big halo fans..)

Just wish my gf didn't roll her eyes everytime I mention it.. haha

I just got the books and I'm going to try to read them soon and check out all of the ILB stuff.

Ive read the first book, im halfway through the second, and im considering saying screw it and just reading the 3rd book now. I prefer how the guy writes 1&3 compared to the other person who wrote the flood.

http://www.ilovebees.com/recipie9.html

Apparently at these locations:

hursday, Nov. 4, from 6:00 – 9:00 pm Pacific time at the following coordinates:

570 2nd Ave, New York
601 N. Martingale, Schaumburg IL
2700 W Anderson Lane, Village Shopping Center, Austin
101 4th St, San Francisco

People can test out Halo 2 and get stuff like lanyards and whatnot. If someone wants to pick me up an extra one of these, that'd be awesome.. but I'm in TN and pretty far away from any of those locations.

bread's done
Back