The "I'm Getting a PS3 at Launch and Keeping it" Club

whoknows

CAGiversary!
Feedback
86 (99%)
That's right, it's a club for all two of us that are going to be keeping our launch PS3's :lol:

So yeah, post in here if you are keeping your launch PS3, maybe we can get a Resistance game going or something on Friday.

Also, don't have anything nice to say? Don't post in this thread.

I plan on keeping mine, but selling off my girlfriends to pay for mine :). But I would love to get a game of Resistance going once I pick it up.

i would get a ps3, if i had the cash, and the preorder. I wouldent sell it on ebay if i got one. does that count?

[quote name='White-Wolf']i would get a ps3, if i had the cash, and the preorder. I wouldent sell it on ebay if i got one. does that count?[/QUOTE]
Sure, you can be in the club. It could always use more than two members :lol:

I am officially keeping mine.

I even have a copy of Resistance already.

I hope Ebay bends all you resellers over and sticks 3 sixaxiseseseses up your cumulative asses.

The end.

What a bad club to be in. It should be called the "Too out of it to see what's going on and quadruple my money" club

if I find one I'll be in this club as well. I have no need to line my pockets with someone elses money. if I want more money I'll get a better job.

so how long before the ebayers crap all around in here?

LOL...the more I think about it, the more I realize how much of a joke the PS3 is. I mean they all freeze at stores, bad news every day(no old hdtv was todays) and like maybe one game thats decent? :lol:

[quote name='chrishicks']if I find one I'll be in this club as well. I have no need to line my pockets with someone elses money. if I want more money I'll get a better job.

so how long before the ebayers crap all around in here?[/QUOTE]
Oh, shouldn't be too long. The post above yours has been the only one so far, so I'm expecting more tomorrow.

EDIT: NVM, he posted again

[quote name='Prepster']Lmao, so 3 people so far are actually keeping theres? Wow..[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's kind of sad.

[quote name='whoknows']
Also, don't have anything nice to say? Don't post in this thread.[/QUOTE]

kthxbye

[quote name='Spades22']LOL...the more I think about it, the more I realize how much of a joke the PS3 is. I mean they all freeze at stores, bad news every day(no old hdtv was todays) and like maybe one game thats decent? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Add me to the list of "keepers"! Picking mine up around 10:00am on Friday (along with Genji and probably Resistance) and took the day off for some marathon gaming!

I tried to camp out today at 4 PM but all my local stores were already filled and I didn't wanna waste 36+ hours of my life on a chance.

Had I been able to secure one, however, I'd def be keeping mine.

My brother in law offered me one of his preorders as long as I dont sell it. Too much temptation to keep it laying around when I can turn around sell it and be able to buy another one at a later time. And hopefully get one that will be kink free.

[quote name='Spades22']LOL...the more I think about it, the more I realize how much of a joke the PS3 is. I mean they all freeze at stores, bad news every day(no old hdtv was todays) and like maybe one game thats decent? :lol:[/quote]

This guy is a troll, if you find other posts by him you'll notice that all he posts is negativity. Stone cold queer is what we have here.

If everybody is selling theirs, who will buy them since it's all sellers. Hmmm. If I had the money I would keep it. But since I don't and I won't camp no PS3 for me either way.:cry:

You know, I tried camping out for one to resell on Ebay, but after what i've seen, it's just not worth it. I'll wait for my 2nd shipment, and probably keep it.

I would keep mine, as long as I have the good fortune of finding one. I wouldn't mind even paying $1000 on Ebay for one, but my concern would be with the warranty...given that it is a launch item and given my problems with my 360s. But anyhow, I have a FYE pre-order that I have no faith in....I don't plan on camping out, but I'll go early to an out-of-the-way bumfuq store.

[quote name='Maynard']This guy is a troll, if you find other posts by him you'll notice that all he posts is negativity. Stone cold queer is what we have here.[/QUOTE]

You gots Depeche Mode all pilin' up in your playlist, yet you bandy about 'queer' as an insult? You got some things to work out, sister.

I may keep mine. I'm not looking forward to the hassle of selling it or the probability of getting a scammer. If they're regularly selling for $1500 or more come Friday, I'll sell. If not, I'll keep it.

Took the day off tomorrow and picking mine up at EB and playing Resitence tomorrow :) I'd rather enjoy mine, I don't need the extra cash so no need to sell it....

I really for the life of me can't understand what game warrants the purchase of this $600 console. If MGS4, Devil May Cray 4, or a new Final Fantasy was launching with the system I might be able to understand but as it is huh?

[quote name='Maynard']This guy is a troll, if you find other posts by him you'll notice that all he posts is negativity. Stone cold queer is what we have here.[/quote]

LOL wth, "stone cold queer", man you're messed up. I was even half kidding cause everyone was joking around on the first page with 2 or 3 people actually keeping theres. I think you're like some gay freak, with a name like "Maynard" you sound pretty gay.

If all goes well with my TRU pre-order, I will have one to open and play tomorrow with my 46" 1080p TV tomorrow. Still don't know what game to get. Do you think I should ditch school? I only have 2 classes: one where the teacher is cool w/ me and the other class doesn't even take attendence.

The bad thing about these re-sellers is that stores are usually given more priority shipments, the higher their software/accessory-to-console ratio is. So, assuming re-sellers don't buy any games with their procured consoles, the lower this ratio will be. Therefore, screwing everyone else who eventually wants a PS3

[quote name='JediBaja']If all goes well with my TRU pre-order, I will have one to open and play tomorrow with my 46" 1080p TV tomorrow. Still don't know what game to get. Do you think I should ditch school? I only have 2 classes: one where the teacher is cool w/ me and the other class doesn't even take attendence.

The bad thing about these re-sellers is that stores are usually given more priority shipments, the higher their software/accessory-to-console ratio is. So, assuming re-sellers don't buy any games with their procured consoles, the lower this ratio will be. Therefore, screwing everyone else who eventually wants a PS3[/QUOTE]
I'll be skipping all but one of my classes tomorrow because I have to go to that one, so if you think you can skip without missing much then go for it.

[quote name='furyk']So besides Resistance, is anyone picking up any other games?[/QUOTE]
I'm planning on getting Genji and Ridge Racer sometime soon after I buy the console.

[quote name='whoknows']I'll be skipping all but one of my classes tomorrow because I have to go to that one, so if you think you can skip without missing much then go for it.[/quote]

I got someone who can take engineering notes for me and in physics, I sorta already know the material. It's the parents that I'm worried about, my dad will understand, but my mom...not so much.

Still deciding on Marvel: UL, THP8, and Resistence (not much of a FPS player).

I'm keeping mine from GS. But I'm still debating on whether or not to camp out and TRY to get a 2nd one to make my 1st one cheaper....

Getting Resistance and Massive Crab Damage.

Anyone keeping theirs is insane, as it is like paying $1500 for a PS3. I'll wait until next year and get mine for $645.

I'm keeping mine... for as long as it takes to go home, list it on eBay, wait for the auction to end, get paid and ship it out!!!! Woo hoo!!!! ;)

BURN!!!!

[quote name='rabbitt']Of those of you keeping a PS3, how many of you are getting a warranty?[/QUOTE]
I am getting one for sure, even though it will be the crappy Gamestop warranty I still feel I would be dumb not to get it.

[quote name='pinebarrens']Anyone keeping theirs is insane, as it is like paying $1500 for a PS3. I'll wait until next year and get mine for $645.[/QUOTE]
Nope, only paying $599+tax for mine.

For all of you keeping your launch systems, I commend you. I for one could not resist the urge of getting 1500+ for it though. More power to you all.

[quote name='whoknows']I'm planning on getting Genji and Ridge Racer sometime soon after I buy the console.[/QUOTE]
Attack those Giant Enemy crabs in their weak point for massive damage! RIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDGEEEEEEEEEE RAAAAAAACER!

[quote name='getmyrunon']If I can find one, I'll keep it. I don't need the e-bay money, and I want to play Motorstorm / Oblivion.[/quote]Hope you weren't planning on doing that anytime soon.

[quote name='lindy']As a oldie but a newbie, I camped out for 40 hours, I am keeping the damn thing![/QUOTE]

Huh?

This post makes no sense.

bread's done
Back