The Incredible Hulk - Gen. Discussion & Info

dfo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)

Features

Fuelled with fury, The Incredible Hulk™ unleashes his destructive power in the shadows of Manhattan's soaring skyscrapers in a fully-destructible world, featuring key moments from the Summer 2008 film, as well as additional plotlines and characters from The Hulk's rich comic book universe. Engage in epic battles against larger than life enemies, in this intensely realistic third-person action videogame. Hulk smash!

• Unlimited destruction: Destroy anything in your path, and use anything in your way as a weapon ... pieces of a crumbling building ... a passing car ... a street lamp, whatever you like. Or just use your bare hands to destroy your surroundings.
  • Powerful rage: Build up the Hulk's rage level, and learn powerful moves to unleash a devastating level of destruction.
  • Dangerous enemies: Battle the powerful Bi-Beast and the Abomination amidst the towering skyscrapers of New York City.
  • Dynamic open world: A realistic, next-gen open world representation of Manhattan provides gamers with an immense playground of destruction with sub-quests, mini-games, and a story including elements from classic Marvel comics.
Is anyone else really psyched for this? I remember hearing about it vaguely a while ago but I had no idea it was coming out so soon!

Hard to tell from the initial previews but I sure how they stuck with the sandbox format from Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, which was one of my favorite last-gen games.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/859/859123p1.html

It's not a "remake" exactly -- they're just starting the series over because the last Hulk movie kind of sucked. Here's hoping for less mutant poodles in this one.

It is funny though how Iron Man is getting all the advertising at this point.

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1583143&vid=215625[/quote]

I for one like the movie and I got it for 5 bucks at walmart :whistle2:D anywho looks good and I hope this is the same as the other one but with better gfx and way more stuff to do and more weapons and stuff. Nothing is more fun than skateboarding with a bus

[quote name='dfo']It's not a "remake" exactly -- they're just starting the series over because the last Hulk movie kind of sucked. Here's hoping for less mutant poodles in this one.

It us funny though how Iron Man is getting all the advertising at this point.[/quote]

Well, Iron Man is being heavily pushed and has more buzz about it. Honestly, the year to have done a Hulk movie was last year when they were running some really great Hulk storylines in the comics. This new Hulk movie will just fly under the radar. Of course, you've got Ed Norton feuding with Marvel execs over the editing of the movie atm, so who knows whats going to happen.

The screenshots look good but the fact that no media was released till 3 months before release makes me think that this will be a typicall movie-game tie in rush job.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The screenshots look good but the fact that no media was released till 3 months before release makes me think that this will be a typicall movie-game tie in rush job.
[/quote]
Even if it was a rush job all they gotta do is copy and paste Ultimate Destuction stuff and slap new graphics on it and maybe some extras and ill be happy

I heard somewhere though that you can't run up buildings anymore can someone confirm this please if so im going to be very sad :bomb:

[quote name='Khondor']anybody else pre-order the RED HULK version?[/quote]

nerp only gs has it? is it like a code or something?

[quote name='GodlyOne']I hope it's not like the Iron Man game where it looked good but was actually crap in a box. It just kinda bugs me that The Hulk doesn't even open his fists when he's picking up cars.
I think Red Hulk is on the actual game disc you get from GameStop.

*Edit: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/achievements.php?gameID=576
Here's the achievement list for anyone's who's interested.[/quote]

I liked iron man and it looked jsut as good as it played >_>
**Flame Shield Activated** Thanks Jarvis

LULZ 2 these achivements
Shell-Head
With a friend like this . . .
That'll Leave A Mark
Stick 25 auto-wrecks to buildings.
World War Hulk
Survive for longer than 60 seconds at Threat Level 9.

I will get WWH achivement just because it sound so hot. And from the Shell-Head achivement picture I guess its double platinum true that Iron-Man via HulkBuster suit will be in the game. It would be so sweet to bash him in. Lol be chillin listening to let the bodies hit the floor then all of a sudden OH SNAP ITS IRONMAN

[quote name='Mrcapcom']I liked iron man and it looked jsut as good as it played >_>
**Flame Shield Activated** Thanks Jarvis[/quote]

"Damn you Stark, I can't get past your suit's flame shield"
Anyways, I liked the Iron Man game but I realized it was kinda-sorta-really bad about half way through the game and those cut scenes.....well I'll just stop right there, haha.
Looking through the achievements for the Hulk, it seems like you'll be fighting Iron Man at some point during the game.

I'm sure it will be "top score" type of XBL support, otherwise it would say "1-X players"

On another note, looks like playing the game will unlock the following gamerpics:
1mdsb2JhbC9GCgUDBhoAGANdL3RpbGUvMC8yMDAwMgAAAAAAAAD5XVe+.jpg
12dsb2JhbC9HCgUDBhoAGANdL3RpbGUvMC8yMDAwMwAAAAAAAAD4va8t.jpg

Whaaaa?!?! So does the other player get to be The Abomina......how would games be pla.....would it be like....Hmmmm. Anyways, it's being released next week so it won't be too long to find out what the multiplayer is like, I'm guessing it's doing the side missions with someone else or a destroy as much as *blank* in *blank* amount of time mission with your friend over Live.

Yea anything is possible. how you find those gamer pics linkin? can we still make uk profiles on american xboxez to grab teh free gamer pics? Anyone know when they coming to us XBLM ( im pretty sure around or on release date) And why does Marvel.com say the hulk game will be released the same day as the movie ? no more June 6th release date?

[quote name='Deefuzz']I didn't want to preorder from GS, but I really want to play some Red Hulk![/quote]

Yea me too I hear hes not a pallette swap, hes a completely reworks charcter with diff moves (possible) and a new model. He has like different hair etc. Sounds good Im going to get mines from GS

Any answers to my questions on last post?

Hulk01McGuinnessCover.jpg

redhulk.gif

(ingame footage)
Still dunno why he's red I havent read the rest of WWH and the comics after. I think someone stepped on his pinky toe or something.

http://www.marvel.com/news/videogames.3645.Red_Hulk_Smashes_Xbox_360

more red hulkness from Marvel.com

[quote name='DomLando']I hope this game is good. After Iron Man though, I have little faith.[/quote]

So far if its a UD clone im ok with it. Everyone who previewed it so far liked what they saw. Its kinda hard to mess up something good when all they gotta do is copy and paste UD. As far as IronMan I loved it still tryin to get the last two achivements but good game IMO. Could of been alot of stuff added or taken away but good game nonetheless.

[quote name='Mrcapcom']So far if its a UD clone im ok with it. Everyone who previewed it so far liked what they saw. Its kinda hard to mess up something good when all they gotta do is copy and paste UD. As far as IronMan I loved it still tryin to get the last two achivements but good game IMO. Could of been alot of stuff added or taken away but good game nonetheless.[/quote]

True but Vivendi did the last game, SEGA is doing this one, I'm pretty sure that they had to start from scratch.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']True but Vivendi did the last game, SEGA is doing this one, I'm pretty sure that they had to start from scratch.[/quote]

Yea I know that but you would think because UD did so well they can easiliy copy (by eye ) what they did and just slap better gfx etc. Unlike ironman that was the first iron man game so they was kinda winging it

Thanks a bunch prime ok hold up wait u can play as hulkbuster armor iron man....:drool:
I wonder if you can fly... I wonder if he will play just like HB suit on the IronMan Game.... Omg my head hurts....

Kinda upset that we haven't seen any reviews yet. I *really* want to get this tomorrow after Ultimate Destruction, but I'm scared of buying a movie game without seeing some reviews first - especially since it's a different dev.

[quote name='argyle']Kinda upset that we haven't seen any reviews yet. I *really* want to get this tomorrow after Ultimate Destruction, but I'm scared of buying a movie game without seeing some reviews first - especially since it's a different dev.[/QUOTE]

Yeah same here. Plus, movie games tend to drop in price rather quickly.

Tracking number says mine is out for delivery.
UPS usually comes by about 1pm, so......
soon, very soon, HULK SMASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, played through the 1st level and Boss battle.

the 1st level is pretty straight forward, smash the bad guys till you get to the boss. Your basic button masher.
and after that....

If you played Hulk: Ultimate destruction and Ultimate Spider-Man then you have played this game.

after the 1st stage, you are in NYC and its pretty much like Ultimate Spider-Man
you have this pretty big, somewhat lively city to venture around.
its nowhere near the detail or as active as GTA4's city, but its pretty good for what it is.

most things cam be interacted with (Destroyed), but buildings can only be damaged,
you cant bring one down :cry:

Pick up moving cars, and harass people...
its pretty much what youd expect.

my only gripes are the camera, and jumping seem pretty eratic to me.

Climbing buildings is pretty fun, and picking up a moving bus and throwing it
several block is a thrill.

if you liked Hulk: UD, and/or Ultimate Spider-Man
or if you are a marvel fan you should enjoy this one.

oh yeah, Red hulk in action Kicks A$$!!!!!

[quote name='DomLando']First review up at 1up.

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3168142&p=4

Gave it a C+. They did say it is really similar to Ultimate Destruction, and to me that's a real good thing. I still think I will wait for a price drop.[/QUOTE]

They also say at the very beginning of that review that UD is a better game in nearly every way.

I think that seals it for me - waiting for a massive price drop, if I pick it up at all.

[quote name='argyle']They also say at the very beginning of that review that UD is a better game in nearly every way.

I think that seals it for me - waiting for a massive price drop, if I pick it up at all.[/QUOTE]

A movie tie-in game that's not worth more than $10? Not surprising, but no less disappointing. I had high hopes for this one.

Someone said that the game's pretty unrealistic in terms of damage. I've heard that if you throw a person at a bus, the bus will still break in half and explode or something. Regardless, I've heard this is a "dumbed down" UD.. definitely puts it in the rental category for me. With Bourne Conspiracy, MGS4, Ninja Gaiden 2 and Grid all out, I can catch this one a bit later.

[quote name='argyle']They also say at the very beginning of that review that UD is a better game in nearly every way.

I think that seals it for me - waiting for a massive price drop, if I pick it up at all.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I saw that but some of the reasons they give just make it seem slightly better than UD. At least it seems it should play like UD which is a good thing. I agree on waiting for a drop though.

[quote name='nietzsche74']Anyone see it at their local Blockbuster yet? I've been asking them where it's been the last 2 days....[/quote]

The game came out yesterday so I doubt most places will have it to rent until next week.

I've tried it and the game's just.. atrocious. It's littered with bugs.. completely filled with them. The most obvious is when Hulk jumps into the water.. like other superhero games, he jumps back out, but the animation sticks on the ground (he acts like he's still falling), then the game throws you backwards, then forwards, and then you finally land. I tested this on both the PS3 and the 360 versions and the bug is present.

There's all sorts of inconsistencies, too. I picked up a lawn chair and threw it at a few trees, which all were decimated by my lawn chair. Civilians don't die.. I threw them across the map, into a building, into cars, into the ground.. they always get up and run away.

He climbs the buildings weird.. instead of climbing up, he leaps up with each move. Oh, and while everything's destructible, you don't have to hit it to destroy i.. I slowly (and when I mean slowly, I'm talking the speed of a snail here) walked into several objects (billboards are the worst about it) and they all acted like I just freakin' blew them up.

I'm all about some sandbox, but it's just not fun after about ten minutes or so. I loved Ultimate Destruction, but after a round or two of this, I had to stop.. it was pretty bad.

[quote name='buddy the puppy']Anyone have the CODE for the Red Hulk skin?[/QUOTE]

There is no CODE.

Just go to Unlockabkle Characters and Red Hulk should be there.
IF you purchased it from GameStop

Thanks for the reviews guys. Looks like I'll Gamefly this in a week or two.

Question - Do the diffrent characters/Hulks have different move-sets? I want me some Planet Holku action.

bread's done
Back