The Incredible Hulk Trailer now online

I'm sorry, but how is this supposed to be better than Ang Lee's version? I never had a problem with Eric Bana and Jennifer Connely is WAY better than the new actress.

It looks ok, I really don't want to see the origin of the Hulk again though, I hope they don't spend too much time on that.

Why, after all these years, does the CGI still look like a fuckin singing California Raisin? Why can't they get the Hulk right?

[quote name='JimmieMac']Why, after all these years, does the CGI still look like a fuckin singing California Raisin? Why can't they get the Hulk right?[/QUOTE]

Its still pretty early the CGI is probably rough. Also are we 100% sure its a remake and they aren't going to pick it up right after he's been exposed?

[quote name='AvidWriter']Its still pretty early the CGI is probably rough. Also are we 100% sure its a remake and they aren't going to pick it up right after he's been exposed?[/quote]

We're not just sure, we're HIV Positive.

[quote name='AvidWriter']Its still pretty early the CGI is probably rough. Also are we 100% sure its a remake and they aren't going to pick it up right after he's been exposed?[/quote]

It's actually not a remake, but just a complete reboot. It's something akin to the Batman Begins reboot of the Batman franchise.

Marvel essentially admitted they fucked up with the first movie, and that this is a restart.

[quote name='becuzimbrown']We're not just sure, we're HIV Positive.[/quote]

I have a sinking feeling that this quote may very well become the next "I'm Rick James bitch".

Stellar? Really? I mean, sure it isn't as bad as everyone seemed to think it was at the time, but it's also not without its fair share of problems.

Certainly doesn't require a "Hulk Begins" though.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']I thought Ang Lee's version was stellar. Like Daphatty, I just don't see why this needed a reboot.[/quote]

Awww, I thought they were continuing the story. Well from what it looks like when I watch this new one it will be when it is on HBO.

I like Edward Norton, but after the first ass-tacular one I have no desire to see this pretty much ever, unless this gets godly reviews.

I mean seriously, fighting mutated poodles and a dude made of lightning? :roll:

I didn't think the ang-lee one was as bad as people are saying. I really don't want to sit through the origin of Hulk again. I'd prefer if it got right into some villain action from the get go.

Hulk is such a boring character by himself.

Superheroes are only as good as the villains they fight.

Who does Hulk fight?

It's always some big stupid creature that no one knows the name of.

They need to just make a Marvel universe movie, akin to Infinity Wars/Onslaught/Civil War, but they'll never do it since Marvel is looking to make the most bang for it's buck (by licensing different characters instead of just the entire universe) instead of a movie comic fans would actually want to see.

[quote name='zewone']Hulk is such a boring character by himself.

Who does Hulk fight?

They need to just make a Marvel universe movie, akin to Infinity Wars/Onslaught/Civil War, but they'll never do it since Marvel is looking to make the most bang for it's buck (by licensing different characters instead of just the entire universe) instead of a movie comic fans would actually want to see.[/QUOTE]

The Abomination...

I like what Marvel is doing though, they're tying all their movies together for the inevitable Avengers movie. Robert Downey Jr is already confirmed to have a cameo in The Hulk movie as Tony Stark, and apparently Samuel L Jackson has cameos on both Hulk and Iron Man as Nick Fury. The new Wolverine picture is supposedly going to have some sort of cross-over, I forget though.

Also for people complaining about this being an origin movie, it's not. From what I've heard, they spend very little time about how Banner comes The Hulk.

First off, I'm a big Hulk fan. I actually liked the Ang Lee version. I thought the tank fight scene in the desert was spectacular. Its not a perfect movie though..I will admit that.

This trailer for the new Hulk film is kinda underwelming to me. I'm still hoping that its a good film though. Abomination didn't look good at all to me; It looks like a third-rate Zbrush model to me.

I just cannot get excited about this character, in comic or live-action form, but Norton and Roth have me (somewhat) intrigued.

Liv is hot, but like Orlando, I think she's best used when wearing Elven ears. Or pole-dancing for Alicia Silverstone.

I wonder if which 'superhero' movie the public will be more apathetic about; this, or Hancock?

edward norton is an awesome actor but hes no hulk. with marvel getting him online to do hero film they should have put him in another role. bulk him up hed make a cool deadpool or a daredevil. heres to hopin someday moonknight gets a film.

I don't know how touchy Marvel would be about "Middle America's" knee-jerk reaction to the predominant subject matter involved, but a Dr. Strange movie would be a really interesting change of pace for them. And I'm sure the trailer would look awesome.

[quote name='lokizz']edward norton is an awesome actor but hes no hulk. with marvel getting him online to do hero film they should have put him in another role. bulk him up hed make a cool deadpool or a daredevil. heres to hopin someday moonknight gets a film.[/quote]

I would see an Ed Norton Deadpool movie on day 1.

The only Hulk I ever liked was the dumb tv series with Lou Ferrigno.

[quote name='zewone']Hulk is such a boring character by himself.

Who does Hulk fight?

[/quote]

Not only that, the damn thing looks like a cross between Hulk himself and the Cloverfield monster.

I think the problem with a hulk movie is that he has no powers beyond strength. There not a lot of room for F/X beyond the characters themselves.

[quote name='daphatty']I'm sorry, but how is this supposed to be better than Ang Lee's version? I never had a problem with Eric Bana and Jennifer Connely is WAY better than the new actress.[/quote]

The casting was superb in Ang Lee's version. It was the script that was lacking. That movie should have been called "Bruce Banner's Mind: Guest Starring the Hulk". I enjoyed the movie, but I can understand why others didn't.

[quote name='daphatty']I'm sorry, but how is this supposed to be better than Ang Lee's version? I never had a problem with Eric Bana and Jennifer Connely is WAY better than the new actress.[/quote]

I thought the first HULK movie was pretty good.

[quote name='joe2187']It fails without Lou ferigno[/quote]

expect a cameo

[quote name='Scorch']mehhh[/quote]

yep

[quote name='JimmieMac']Why, after all these years, does the CGI still look like a fuckin singing California Raisin? Why can't they get the Hulk right?[/quote]

Cause the ILM hulk was better...

This movie doesn't excite me as much as the upcoming Iron Man. I will still check it out though.

[quote name='dastly75'] I'd prefer if it got right into some villain action from the get go.[/quote]

Yeah, I think most people would prefer to see 90 minutes of Hulk just beating the ass of everything that gets in his way.

I don't think we're ready for another Hulk movie. I know its a reboot but its too soon since we have yet to forget the last one. I guess they just want to sell more foam Hulk hands.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']The casting was superb in Ang Lee's version. It was the script that was lacking. That movie should have been called "Bruce Banner's Mind: Guest Starring the Hulk". I enjoyed the movie, but I can understand why others didn't.[/quote]

yeah bana made a good banner but those monster dogs were lame. a great hulk film would just have the hulk wrecking shit and the people in the film trying to stop him. the tech isnt there to make a convincing looking hulk that you can just stay on him. keep him moving and attacking and keep the body count and destruction climbing. people should fear him not pity him. cut out the human component altogether aside from the occasional flashback of the man behind the beast . the hulk needs to be what he is which is a destructive force of nature given form and set loose on the world to give man reason to tremble.

I dont think the actors were the problem with the first Hulk movie. It was just done so horribly bad. All the scene transitions were just too much. Its not a comic book, its a movie.

Ang Lee screwed the first one up, this wont be as good as the TV shows were but itll be easy to be better then the first Hulk.

[quote name='jollydwarf']I don't know how touchy Marvel would be about "Middle America's" knee-jerk reaction to the predominant subject matter involved, but a Dr. Strange movie would be a really interesting change of pace for them. And I'm sure the trailer would look awesome.[/quote]

I showed someone an old Dr. Strange comic book and he said "That guy looks like an Adult Harry Potter ripoff..."

Then I told him Dr. Strange came out during the 60s and predated Harry Potter about 35 years or so....

[quote name='Xevious']I showed someone an old Dr. Strange comic book and he said "That guy looks like an Adult Harry Potter ripoff..."

Then I told him Dr. Strange came out during the 60s and predated Harry Potter about 35 years or so....[/quote]

dude that harry potter stuff is a ripoff of an old show that used to be on hbo. exept that character was a female witch in an all girls witch school. jk rowling borrowed from alot of diff things

I wasn't impressed at all with the new trailer and Edward Norton doesn't look like a Bruce Banner to me. Except for how slow the movie went and the hugely anti-climatic the end was, I really liked it the first one. Eric Bana and Jennifer Connelly were perfectly suited for their roles. I'm excited about the Iron Man movie but this Hulk movie just has be feeling "eh."

I don't know how it did it, but the trailer made me want to see it less now. But hopefully this'll turn out better than Daredevil or Electra.

Makes me wish Marvel would work out the agreement for a Avengers movie. Supposedly they're wanting Iron Man, Captain America & Thor to get their own movies before doing a Avengers movie. But probably won't be happening anytime soon, since 1 out of the 3 actually made it into production.

Looks better than the Ang Lee one

I'll see it but I'm not expecting much. Ed Norton will make it worth watching though

The only problem with the first film was the lack of action. It's hard to make a Hulk movie good since the Hulk is a boring character and nobody cares what about Bruce Banner.

I've heard that the justice league movie won't be using any established actors for the characters. So no Christian Bale or Brandon Routh.

Is it just me or did that trailer look like it showed the beginning, middle and end of the whole movie? I feel like I already know how this movie is going to play out.

bread's done
Back