The Incredibles (4-Disc 2 BDs+DVD+DC) $10 DMR Upgrade & Cars (BD+DVD) $8 DMR Upgrade

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
incrediblesupgrade860x800md1ojg1302200814143.jpg

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/promotions/special-offers/incredibles-upgrade

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]786936244250 (widescreen)
786936279979 (pan & scan)

carsupgrade860x800md1ojg1302211415690.jpg

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/promotions/special-offers/cars-upgrade

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]786936734041 Blu-ray 1-Disc[/FONT]
786936271898 DVD Widescreen
786936708103 DVD Fullscreen

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='62t']whats the Bunny Munny?[/QUOTE]

o-h here we go again! it's a $5 Target only coupon for Disney movies that actually expires sometime before Easter. Technically it cannot be used b/c it would be a print out. These were circulated in special flyers or thru the mail (?) a few of the DVD/BD forums have links buried in threads..it took 2 days last week for someone to point it out. I've just to come to think of Bunny Munny = Too Much Work :lol:

Got both @ TRU. I wanted the movies today and had to much stuff going on to go to BB. They only had the dvd case. Can I print out the blu-ray insert for Cars? Does the site that does the game slips also do blu-rays?

Looks like amazon pricematched Best Buy along with the 10 bucks off when you buy both but you can't enter both cupon codes in. Only one for some reason.

[quote name='shrike4242']No point in buying them separately, since they have their promotion on-going for the two movies at the same time:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat237300050002&type=category

It's also shown in the local ad:
http://bestbuy.shoplocal.com/bestbuy/default.aspx?action=entryflash&adref=header

(insert zip code for local ad for your area)

What reason did they have to do them separately, since the package gets applied automatically if the cashier doesn't hit "no" to the "Apply package prices?" question?[/QUOTE]

I understand, but usually Best Buy only accepts one manufacturer coupon, don't they? That's why I was confused...

[quote name='pscloud']No luck at The Plant BB in San Jose, CA. They only accepted either the DMR coupons or the $10 off, but not both at the same time.[/QUOTE]

Call their corporate offices and bitch about that. They are SUPPOSED to take both. That Best Buy store bullshitted you.

Just got both and them and had absolutely no issues with the coupons and the store promotion. Cashier even double-checked it for me. It's nice to have good cashier experiences for once!

They had a bunch of copies of The Incredibles, but not in the new releases, they were in the family Blu-ray section. Cars seemed nearly depleted though as I only saw a couple of copies.

I went to Best Buy this morning and as soon as they opened I rushed into the store looking for both movies, and to my surprise they didn't have quite a lot. I was expecting them both to be in the front of the store like they did with "Tron." Anyway, I'm usually picky with the slip-covers, so I was searching for the perfect one and all of the slipcovers seemed to be damaged a bit. I got them anyway because I can always go back and exchange them for better slip covers later this week. Afterwards, I go to pay for both movies and gave the guy both coupons, and with a perplexed face, he told me he had to check with his supervisor because he said that "the coupons aren't valid with the $10 off promotion they've already got going on." I told him that I've never had any problems with Best Buy before and he said he would check to see if the supervisor would honor them. I was very confident when I told him that his supervisor would, so he asks his supervisor, and his supervisor gave him the green light, and I got both movies for $25.88.
rock.gif
Still pisses me off, though, when some employees are douchebags when it comes to coupons in general...

I got shot down big time :( anybody else have no luck at bb? they said they could not combine the discount with the coupons

Stopped by Best Buy at lunch. A few copies of the Incredibles on the new releases table at the front. Went back to the movie section and they had quite a few more there, and my wife found the 6 copies of Cars. Not a problem with the cashier either (other than my RZ cert not scanning). $10 discount was automatic and he manually entered both DMR coupons.

[quote name='Knives05']Call their corporate offices and bitch about that. They are SUPPOSED to take both. That Best Buy store bullshitted you.[/QUOTE]

They did the same thing to me in the Jefferson City, MO Best Buy. Two weeks in a row they've pulled this. Talked to the manager, explained why they should take a manufacturer's coupon on top of the $10, he didn't budge. Showed him the printouts from the forums stating that they should be taken, he didn't budge. So I asked him for an ad, which he had to walk across the store for, he handed it to me and I said, thank you, I'll be going to Target now and they'll get my money and walked off.

Went to Target, it took a bit longer than I planned, but I walked out of there with both Blu-Rays for just over 21 dollars with the 5% from the red card as well.

So, from now on, Best Buy will no longer be shopped at, I'll go look at a tv there if I want one, and then buy it online from a competitor or somewhere else in town and I will make sure they know that every time I walk in and they ask me if they can help me.

Seriously, fuck Best Buy!

Almost had a problem. I was told "I dont think we can take a coupon with a sale item." I then said "I have an ad from last month showing you do." A manager was called and not only did I show the ad I showed the receipt that someone posted here, stating that this is being accepted all over the US.

I then walked out with both movies for $24.

M

After driving to my 'backup' store (just over 2 miles from where I work), I got "Incredibles" from Target for under $10 after DMR coupon, Bunny Munny, Team Member discount and Red Card discount.

I passed on "Cars" since I already have the Blu-ray that they've just decided to repackage and sell with a DVD... kinda lame. I also think it's easily the worst of the Pixar movies, so there's that.

EDIT:
@ FlamedLiquid

I looked at the specs on the back of the combo pack (for "Cars") and everything is exactly the same... PCM audio and "Mater's Ghost Light" is in HD... which it is on the original Blu-ray. The only difference is that there are probably new previews at the "front end" of the disc... whoop-de-doo! I guess there's also a "game" on the Blu-ray (old and new) that's basically just a car scavenger hunt: if you see the car in the movie, you click on its picture in the pop-up menu.

As for "The Incredibles" there are a number of new featurettes (as with all previous re-releases of the Pixar films) that I can't wait to sit down and check out!

[quote name='Jodou']Anyone try to get the extra $10 off at Target? I'd seriously rather give them my money since they've never hassled me ever.[/QUOTE]

Took some time, but they did it without any persuading. Just had a slow moving person at the Customer Service counter. If you've got a Red Card, use it for another 5% off and then turn around and pay it off if there is no line. :cool:

Had success here in Richmond at the CTC store right at opening. All coupons and discounts applied. Cashier eyeballed my coupons for a while but knew to hit F7. Had to hunt for a copy of Cars though and there were only 4 copies available. About a dozen copies of The Incredibles but they were yet to be shelved.

[quote name='thesis88']I understand, but usually Best Buy only accepts one manufacturer coupon, don't they? That's why I was confused...[/QUOTE]

One manufacturer coupon per item -- so one coupon for The Incredibles, and one coupon for Cars.

san carlos, ca was out of cars...i got incredibles though. that's the only one i really cared about. only was getting cars for the movie ca$h and the extra $10 off. not worth going back to try and get them both later in the week. i can wait to get cars if/when they release a 2-movie set when cars 2 hits Blu.

[quote name='thesis88']Still pisses me off, though, when some employees are douchebags when it comes to coupons in general...[/QUOTE]

Can't really blame him for covering his own ass if he's not sure . . . it is potentially his job on the line if he fucks up, you know. As long as he asked his supervisor about it rather than just flat-out refusing, I don't see what the problem is.

[quote name='Vacabck']Took some time, but they did it without any persuading. Just had a slow moving person at the Customer Service counter. If you've got a Red Card, use it for another 5% off and then turn around and pay it off if there is no line. :cool:[/QUOTE]
Ah, must be a manager decision then because my store said they'd happily match the price, but couldn't do the promotion. I pleaded with them not to send me to BB, but they didn't want to get in trouble. It worked out in the end (at BB), but I still regret giving them business given the headaches in the past.

[quote name='larrythefatcat']After driving to my 'backup' store (just over 2 miles from where I work), I got "Incredibles" from Target for under $10 after DMR coupon, Bunny Munny, Team Member discount and Red Card discount.

I passed on "Cars" since I already have the Blu-ray that they've just decided to repackage and sell with a DVD... kinda lame. I also think it's easily the worst of the Pixar movies, so there's that.

EDIT:
@ FlamedLiquid

I looked at the specs on the back of the combo pack (for "Cars") and everything is exactly the same... PCM audio and "Mater's Ghost Light" is in HD... which it is on the original Blu-ray. The only difference is that there are probably new previews at the "front end" of the disc... whoop-de-doo! I guess there's also a "game" on the Blu-ray (old and new) that's basically just a car scavenger hunt: if you see the car in the movie, you click on its picture in the pop-up menu.

As for "The Incredibles" there are a number of new featurettes (as with all previous re-releases of the Pixar films) that I can't wait to sit down and check out![/QUOTE]

cool. Anyone enter their DMR codes yet? Are both worth 125 or is Incredibles a 200 pt code?

My BestBuy was sold out of Cars. Shame on hem for stocking so poorly.

So I went to Target and got Incredibles for $12 + tax using the DMR and Bunny Money coupons. Will do the same for Cars soon (didn't want to use too many coupons in one transaction).

I only got 125 points for Incredibles, BTW.

Last edited by a moderator:
My BB was sold out of Cars, and Target sold out of both. Walmart price matched BB's $10 off if you buy both - so $24 for both after coupons. Obviously, Walmart price match is YMMV, but it worked for me without any CSM approval. She just took $5 off each.

Every Best Buy in the area is sold out of Cars according to the website. What a bunch of crap.

I managed to find a copy of Cars at Target and will pick it up tonight when I go to work. For anyone that had luck getting them to match the $10 off promo how did you do it? Did you go right to customer service or did you buy the movies then go to customer service? I plan on going like 10-15 minutes before they close so hopefully they will just do it to get me out.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']cool. Anyone enter their DMR codes yet? Are both worth 125 or is Incredibles a 200 pt code?[/QUOTE]

Incredibles gets you 125 points.

Best Buys here also "sold out" of Cars. I would not be surprised if they pulled them to avoid having to give the discount and take the coupon.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']cool. Anyone enter their DMR codes yet? Are both worth 125 or is Incredibles a 200 pt code?[/QUOTE]

The 3D titles are the ones that will net you 200 points.

[quote name='francobash']Best Buys here also "sold out" of Cars. I would not be surprised if they pulled them to avoid having to give the discount and take the coupon.[/QUOTE]

Oh, give me a break.

These things are priced to move. Best Buy is fully aware of the DMR coupons and prices their product with them in mind. I showed up 30 minutes after opening and there were only 3 copies of Cars left. The cashier told me that they had been selling them like crazy since opening.

If you really don't think they're sold out, go to a kiosk in the store and look it up on BestBuy.com. It will tell you how many copies are currently in the store, regardless of if they're on the shelf or not. This is how I found out about my store having Almost Famous but they hadn't put them out yet.

Polaris-area, Columbus OH here. Best Buy was out of Cars, spent 10 minutes looking for a sales rep to confirm and finally found them playing with balloons by the entrance (?). Target had both and said they'd price match the $10 off for Best Buy, waited 10 minutes for a manager, who promptly said she'd not match it. Went to Meijer, who had a few Cars but were out of Incredibles. The guy working there spent about 5 minutes wandering the department looking for more and then went to talk to his manager (without saying a word to me) who was on the phone, taking another 5 minutes. Eventually left since I didn't feel like waiting any more and my lunch was basically over.

A little customer service people, please? I remember now why I buy most of my stuff at Amazon.

Some one on slickdeals mentioned they used the cars coupon on Mater's Tall Tales. Anyone else hear of this? Kinda sounds like the Legacy DMR coupon working on the original Tron last week? DMR+bunny money....I may have to give it a shot

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Every Best Buy in the area is sold out of Cars according to the website. What a bunch of crap.

I managed to find a copy of Cars at Target and will pick it up tonight when I go to work. For anyone that had luck getting them to match the $10 off promo how did you do it? Did you go right to customer service or did you buy the movies then go to customer service? I plan on going like 10-15 minutes before they close so hopefully they will just do it to get me out.[/QUOTE]

I just went through a register line and asked if I could price match something in the line and they told me to go to Customer Service. So I'd just take the movie there from the get go and pay for it there.

Made it at 12:00 pm to my BB and found the last copy of "Cars" and had no problem with using both DMR coupons and extra $10.00 discount.

[quote name='Scorch']This is how I found out about my store having Almost Famous but they hadn't put them out yet.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know this was coming out. $20 is pretty steep for a BD for me, but I love this movie. I bought the "Bootleg" cut when Amazon had some a few years ago for $25... $20 for the BD might be reasonable.

San Carlos BB accepted the DMR coupons. They only had 10 copies of Cars this morning. There is suppose to be a truck coming tomorrow.

successful price-match at my local target. actually saved 2$ on both movies cuz the cashier took $7 off of incredibles (originally 26.99) and 5$ off Cars (originally 22.99), plus both DMR coupons, for a sweet price of 23.49$.

also, whats up with every best buy being out of cars? thats easily the weakest pixar movie next to ratatoullie.

[quote name='manthing']Just got back from a BB in MN, and the cashier didn't even bat an eye when she applied the DMR coupons.

[/QUOTE]

Can I ask which BB in MN you went to?

Just picked up Incredibles. Cars was sold out at Best Buy. Already printed out my movie coupon.

Just like Toy Story 3, I'll watch the movie at Downtown Disney... THEN GO TO DISNEYLAND!

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']I didn't know this was coming out. $20 is pretty steep for a BD for me, but I love this movie. I bought the "Bootleg" cut when Amazon had some a few years ago for $25... $20 for the BD might be reasonable.[/QUOTE]

It was $14.99 the week of release (Last week of January). I own the UK version on Blu, but I double dipped and bought the US version. The slipcover is one of the best I've ever seen.

[quote name='taylort3']successful price-match at my local target. actually saved 2$ on both movies cuz the cashier took $7 off of incredibles (originally 26.99) and 5$ off Cars (originally 22.99), plus both DMR coupons, for a sweet price of 23.49$.

also, whats up with every best buy being out of cars? thats easily the weakest pixar movie next to ratatoullie.[/QUOTE]

Call me names. Call my sister names. Call my mom names. Call my grandmother names. That's fine. I'm ok with it. Couldn't care less. But DON'T SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT RATATOUILLE. That's where I draw the line.

[quote name='Scorch']It was $14.99 the week of release (Last week of January). I own the UK version on Blu, but I double dipped and bought the US version. The slipcover is one of the best I've ever seen.[/QUOTE]

Ah crap. Well then I could maybe wait for a better price, but then I risk not getting a slipcover...

[quote name='taylort3']also, whats up with every best buy being out of cars? thats easily the weakest pixar movie next to ratatoullie.[/QUOTE]

It's also one of the most popular, especially amongst kids and middle America Also, merchandise wise, its the biggest money maker they have. Go into any store and the only characters you ever see prominently featured on all sorts of merchandise, everything from bedsheets to tooth brushes, are Woody, Buzz, Lightning McQueen and Mater.

Everybody that keeps bad mouthing Cars obviously are not in the 2-4 year old age group of my kids. You will get a stern talking to for bashing Saint Lightning McQueen! Frankly it was a good movie IMHO. On the other hand I HATE Wall E!!!!!!

[quote name='Commander0Zero']Everybody that keeps bad mouthing Cars obviously are not in the 2-4 year old age group of my kids. You will get a stern talking to for bashing Saint Lightning McQueen! Frankly it was a good movie IMHO. On the other hand I HATE Wall E!!!!!![/QUOTE]

I'm glad you rely on your toddlers to rate the quality of movies.

Marketability is traditionally the OPPOSITE of what makes a movie worthwhile.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']Everybody that keeps bad mouthing Cars obviously are not in the 2-4 year old age group of my kids. You will get a stern talking to for bashing Saint Lightning McQueen! Frankly it was a good movie IMHO. On the other hand I HATE Wall E!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Oh man, Wall-E is soooooo much better IMO. But yeah, Cars is definitely aimed at really young kids.

Went to Target this morning. Was there when they opened. Not a single person ahead of me in line. Went to the back and the spots were empty for Cars and Incredibles. Found a Target staff person and asked about them. They took me back to where they should have been and said, "Oh if they aren't there we sold out." I said, "They just came out today and I'm first back here. No one made it here before me." Replied, "Oh, yeah, well they go quick. Sorry."

Lame a$$ motherfucker who didn't feel like going in the back.

Anyone else have problems with the movie ticket offer? My code from Cars unlocked a movie ticket, but my code from The Incredibles did not. I know it's a good code - I got my points and got my digital copy, so I was surprised to see that I didn't have 2 movie ticket offers - I'm pretty sure that I was able to do so in the past, with Toy Story 3.

Or did I just screw up and miss out on the link that let me get the offer? if so, I'll be more than a little bit pissed.

[quote name='INCyr']Anyone else have problems with the movie ticket offer? My code from Cars unlocked a movie ticket, but my code from The Incredibles did not. I know it's a good code - I got my points and got my digital copy, so I was surprised to see that I didn't have 2 movie ticket offers - I'm pretty sure that I was able to do so in the past, with Toy Story 3.

Or did I just screw up and miss out on the link that let me get the offer? if so, I'll be more than a little bit pissed.[/QUOTE]

I feel like the TS3 offer only had 1 banner to click on when you redeemed 2 tickets but the banner brought you to the site and you could claim 2 tickets.

bread's done
Back