The Incredibles (4-Disc 2 BDs+DVD+DC) $10 DMR Upgrade & Cars (BD+DVD) $8 DMR Upgrade

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
incrediblesupgrade860x800md1ojg1302200814143.jpg

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/promotions/special-offers/incredibles-upgrade

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]786936244250 (widescreen)
786936279979 (pan & scan)

carsupgrade860x800md1ojg1302211415690.jpg

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/promotions/special-offers/cars-upgrade

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]786936734041 Blu-ray 1-Disc[/FONT]
786936271898 DVD Widescreen
786936708103 DVD Fullscreen

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PenguinoMF']I feel like the TS3 offer only had 1 banner to click on when you redeemed 2 tickets but the banner brought you to the site and you could claim 2 tickets.[/QUOTE]

Ah HAH! So I called DMR to get some help. Boy do I feel stupid.

So apparently when you enter in codes with bonuses like the Cars 2 tickets, they keep them for you on the site. You go to My DMR -> My Points (default page) -> Unlocked Offers (Middle left) and you'll have access to all the offers you've currently unlocked. The customer service rep was gracious about pointing this out, and totally didn't make me feel like the dumb-a$$ I am for missing that.

Also, apparently the coupons that you've earned as well (upgrades, etc.) are listed on that page as well. So anyone who missed out on getting their coupon, that's where you'll find it.

Anyway, just thought you all might benefit from my newly acquired wisdom.

Does anyone happen to know what Walmart is selling Incredibles for in-store? I'm tempted to stop by there after work since I've had so many problems with other stores.

So looked up the inventory of both movies at the 2 Best Buys near me on the site. One said they had Cars and Incredibles in stock. Other one said they only had Incredibles. The one that listed only Incredibles in stock I decided to call just to make sure there were no copies of Cars because this store i s a little closer then the other one. Employee checked and said they didnt have any and thinks they were never shipped any yet. Odddd.............

Then he tells me the other store near me has it in stock, so I headed on my way there. Couldn't find either movie. Talked to an employee and he told me they were out of both. Is it possible some Best Buys didnt receive these on time? Could explain why alot of people arent finding them.

Anyways, decided to try my luck pricematching at WalMart. Cashier called over a manager and the manager told me that the $10 means the $10 was already taken off the normal price of $34.99. I explained to her that wasnt the case, that Best Buy had both for $24.99 plus an additional $10 off when purchasing both. She seemed pissed yet she told me she'd call and confirm. She came back and basically confirmed what I already knew and she rang them up both for $24.99 and the extra $10 off. Then I handed her the coupons.................thinking this is where the deal would be broken. But she scanned em and totaled it out. $24.38 after taxes. :)

I already owned both of these on dvd but figured for the cheap price, plus 2 free tickets to Cars 2 it was well worth it. Ill hopefully sell my dvd copies for $5 each at our upcoming garage sale.

[quote name='jtkauff']Does anyone happen to know what Walmart is selling Incredibles for in-store? I'm tempted to stop by there after work since I've had so many problems with other stores.[/QUOTE]

$34.98 or something like that. At lest thats what its marked. Dont know if it was on sale.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']Everybody that keeps bad mouthing Cars obviously are not in the 2-4 year old age group of my kids. You will get a stern talking to for bashing Saint Lightning McQueen! Frankly it was a good movie IMHO. On the other hand I HATE Wall E!!!!!![/QUOTE]

I can't agree about Wall-E (I loved it) but I agree on Cars. It is a great movie once you've seen it a couple of times (or a couple thousand times like me if you have young kids). The characters are pretty good - Mater is funny - and the story is decent. The problem is that it is not the best Pixar movie but it's still very good - probably still better than anything Dreamworks Animation has ever put out.

I loved Cars the first time I saw it, when it was called Doc Hollywood.

At any rate, I already own Cars so I guess I'll use the coupon + my $10 BB gift card from buying Crysis 2 a couple of weeks ago to pick up Incredibles. :)

[quote name='jtkauff']Does anyone happen to know what Walmart is selling Incredibles for in-store? I'm tempted to stop by there after work since I've had so many problems with other stores.[/QUOTE]

Mine had Incredibles for $24.96 and Cars for $22.96. I was successful in getting them to subtract $5 from each (by pricematching the Best Buy deal).

Went to to one Target and they had Incredibles but neither version of Cars (Target has the Blu ray DVD by itself and a version with 2 diecast Cars if you didn't know.)
Went to another Target and they had both movies. However this ****ing Target always throws away the slip covers to the movies. Luckily the version of cars with the 2 cars is sealed so they couldn't get to its slip cover. But of course no slip cover for Incredibles. I asked in the electronics department and at first the guy thought they had some but then asked another employee who said they were thrown out.
I decide to buy them anyways. Went to customer service to price match. Person said they could price match Incredibles to $24.99 but couldnt match the $10 off. (It might have been because I had thier version with the cars instead of the movie by itself they didnt say and I didnt ask) So instead I then just handed them 2 copies of the $5 bunny money coupon. So i still got the $10 off because if they had matched I would not have been able to use the bunny coupons beacsue the prices probably would have been $19.99 and the coupon is for $24.99 and up. And of course they also took both DMR coupons.
I am always going to Target so whenever I go in one I will keep an eye out for a copy of Incredibles with the slip cover, buy it, remove slip cover and then return without slip cover.

Well, I wanted to get in on this deal, but when I tried to print the coupons they print out as gibberish numbers and letters and nothing else. I had this happen one other time with a disney coupon and had to miss that deal too because it would no longer let me try and print it. It's been a long time and it hasn't happened since, so I have no idea why it's happening again.

UUUGGGHH

Long story short, had to fight to get them to apply both coupons at Best Buy including talking to the Manager on Duty who blatantly lied to me in telling me that it would not take the coupons as they had already tried it this morning. He then went with us (the customer in front of me was denied as well) to the register where he proceeded to have the cashier try it out and sure enough the register accepted it.

To top it off the operations manager came out and rudely told all of us that this is the last time this would be done today because its against "policy." Checked the website and the ad, sure enough no indication of any "policy" preventing it.

[quote name='argyle']I loved Cars the first time I saw it, when it was called Doc Hollywood. [/QUOTE]

Haha! Thanks, needed a laugh. Fox rocks

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']So looked up the inventory of both movies at the 2 Best Buys near me on the site. One said they had Cars and Incredibles in stock. Other one said they only had Incredibles. The one that listed only Incredibles in stock I decided to call just to make sure there were no copies of Cars because this store i s a little closer then the other one. Employee checked and said they didnt have any and thinks they were never shipped any yet. Odddd.............

Then he tells me the other store near me has it in stock, so I headed on my way there. Couldn't find either movie. Talked to an employee and he told me they were out of both. Is it possible some Best Buys didnt receive these on time? Could explain why alot of people arent finding them.

Anyways, decided to try my luck pricematching at WalMart. Cashier called over a manager and the manager told me that the $10 means the $10 was already taken off the normal price of $34.99. I explained to her that wasnt the case, that Best Buy had both for $24.99 plus an additional $10 off when purchasing both. She seemed pissed yet she told me she'd call and confirm. She came back and basically confirmed what I already knew and she rang them up both for $24.99 and the extra $10 off. Then I handed her the coupons.................thinking this is where the deal would be broken. But she scanned em and totaled it out. $24.38 after taxes. :)

I already owned both of these on dvd but figured for the cheap price, plus 2 free tickets to Cars 2 it was well worth it. Ill hopefully sell my dvd copies for $5 each at our upcoming garage sale.[/QUOTE]

Use Google Shopping to check Best Buy inventory. Best Buy's own page reports them as sold out if inventory is 3 or less, and is often just wrong.

[quote name='xbox_mole']Went to Target this morning. Was there when they opened. Not a single person ahead of me in line. Went to the back and the spots were empty for Cars and Incredibles. Found a Target staff person and asked about them. They took me back to where they should have been and said, "Oh if they aren't there we sold out." I said, "They just came out today and I'm first back here. No one made it here before me." Replied, "Oh, yeah, well they go quick. Sorry."

Lame a$$ motherfucker who didn't feel like going in the back.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, they COULD just be that dumb. Some people just coast through life without thinking..

[quote name='sangredekrazy']Can I ask which BB in MN you went to?[/QUOTE]

Roseville.

I also have used DMR coupons with no problems at Richfield in the past.

Went after work and my Best Buy had plenty of copies of both movies. Cashier said coupons might not stack because the movies were on sale, but the coupons worked perfectly fine. $23 out the door. Not bad.

I went in to Best Buy today with a buddy of mine. We both picked up Cars and Incredibles and used the coupons with no problems at the customer service desk. No managers or verifying involved. Took all of 5 minutes total.

Well went to BB in Christiana DE and they didn't even get Cars in. Stupid! Anyway they said that if I buy The Incredibles today I can still get the deal when they get Cars in. We'll see about that. And I do pay attention to what my 2 and 3 year olds like because it's really the only reason I buy these movies.

You know why I didn't like Cars? Because there were no people. I'm probably putting too much thought into this being an adult and all but seriously, what happened to all the people? How did the cars make their town? Every other Pixar movie has people except for that one. That's why it bothered me.

Anyhow, picked up Incredibles for $17.XX after DMR coupon. Can't wait to see it again. It's been too long.

[quote name='metallicoholic']You know why I didn't like Cars? Because there were no people. I'm probably putting too much thought into this being an adult and all but seriously, what happened to all the people? How did the cars make their town? Every other Pixar movie has people except for that one. That's why it bothered me.

Anyhow, picked up Incredibles for $17.XX after DMR coupon. Can't wait to see it again. It's been too long.[/QUOTE]

Bugs Life says "Hello"

And Finding Nemo barely had people in it, if it had any at all....can't recall, but if it did was very brief.

A Bug's Life does take place in a world populated by humans, though. With Cars, it's like all the humans were killed off by a disease or something.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']And Finding Nemo barely had people in it, if it had any at all....can't recall, but if it did was very brief.[/QUOTE]

haha, umm, without humans, we would have never had to find Nemo! you start out with the diver, then the dentist, then the dentists daughter..how could you forget those characters?? :lol:

To my shock, BB took both coupons after applying the $10 off with no issues... the cashier did mention that one of the coupons (Cars i think) was scanning as "Bambi" so it needed to be entered manually. Was the first time I'd ever seen a BB employee scan the coupons.

[quote name='eastx'] With Cars, it's like all the humans were killed off by a disease or something.[/QUOTE]

Maybe the Cars killed them off like in "Maximum Overdrive".

[quote name='LoveDragonDon']I hate this STUPID software SO MUCH!!!

Never Printed "Incredibles coupon" and it's telling me this BS!!! :|[/QUOTE]

I got this message as well and didn't print it once - any solutions? I mean I know I can make another email account but I shouldn't have to, I want my rewards points contained to one account.

[quote name='metallicoholic']You know why I didn't like Cars? Because there were no people. I'm probably putting too much thought into this being an adult and all but seriously, what happened to all the people? How did the cars make their town? Every other Pixar movie has people except for that one. That's why it bothered me.

Anyhow, picked up Incredibles for $17.XX after DMR coupon. Can't wait to see it again. It's been too long.[/QUOTE]

Not picking on you at all but these movies are first and foremost made for toddlers to 4th graders. Secondly for parents to bear and even enjoy while watching with children and getting some of the more adult jokes made for kids. I think alot of you guys are looking at these through the eyes of an adult not a 3 year old that doesn't quite get why the moon is following the car. That being said many of these movies are very good.

There's no way Up was made for toddlers to 4th graders.
That film has way too much subtle storytelling. I dare say the same of Wall-E.

IMO, Cars is hard to relate to because they are the first Pixar characters that don't take on human physical characteristics.
It's not horrible but it's Pixar's worst.

Who the hell cares who the movies are aimed at?

Its all about taste. I also like Cars more then WALL-E. WALL-E may be at bottom of my list, only beaten by Ratatouille. I just thought the movie dragged on way too long for such a simple premise, and it got kinda annoying hearing the same phrases repeated over and over again.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Its all about taste. I also like Cars more then WALL-E. WALL-E may be at bottom of my list, only beaten by Ratatouille. I just thought the movie dragged on way too long for such a simple premise, and it got kinda annoying hearing the same phrases repeated over and over again.[/QUOTE]
I was impressed that Disney and Pixar even made Wall-E. They risked offending their base audience to get a message across. It's like a version of Idiocracy that's safe for kids. Ballsy IMO.

My BestBuy wouldn't honor both either, wanted to argue with me, telling me I'm double dipping. I said these coupons are with Disney not BestBuy, so I told them right in front of some people I would take my business elsewhere. Took their ad right in front of them and walked over to Target and they honored the PM and coupons, also got the gift pack with movie tickets on both for $27. Other thing I noticed is that Bestbuy didn't have movie tickets on their Cars packs. Don't they realize in this type of economy you take any business you can. I was going to by a new TV, but I guess I will go elsewhere now. Sorry BestBuy.

[quote name='yruluis']Got both @ TRU. I wanted the movies today and had to much stuff going on to go to BB. They only had the dvd case. Can I print out the blu-ray insert for Cars? Does the site that does the game slips also do blu-rays?[/QUOTE]

My TRU has the Blu-rays locked in a case. You might want to double check your TRU and exchange them for the Blu-ray versions.

Does Cars have the movie cash inside? The one I picked up at BB didn't have a sticker like The Incredibles, just curious before I open it.

I had a successful trip at BB went to the one closest from work and they were all out of Cars, went to another one and they were giving me crap about only being able to use 1 coupon but got them to use both. Seriously what an effen hassle, right after they advertise the coupon in one of there ads.

The movie cash is tied to your disney movie rewards account and the rewards code inside the package. If there's a DMR code inside the box, it'll unlock the deal on your DMR account.

[quote name='Vader582']It's not horrible but it's Pixar's worst.[/QUOTE]

A Bug's Life wants to talk to you.

Personally, I think it is better than Monsters Inc as well.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']The movie cash is tied to your disney movie rewards account and the rewards code inside the package. If there's a DMR code inside the box, it'll unlock the deal on your DMR account.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!

I read your long short story =P, there was a post I believe in this thread where the manger told them it was against store policy too. They posted a link to some BB forum and the BB rep apologized and said it wasn't in there policy.

EDIT: here is the link found 10 or so pages back, http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Be...nufacturer-s/m-p/157098/highlight/true#M32638

I didn't like Cars at all because the movie just seemed to have no heart whatsoever. Pixar movies are usually pretty touching or emotional in some way, but I felt nothing while watching cars. Oh well I'm still going to get it just because it makes the Incredibles cheaper.

Got Target to price match BB. Quick and easy there but I did grab the last Incredibles and the second to last Cars.

EDIT: Just looked at my receipt. The CS guy took $5 off each movie at Target price for Cars ($22.99) and BB price for The Incredibles ($24.99). So I got them both for $19.98 (plus tax on before coupon price which sucks) after the coupons. Thanks Best Buy for being out of stock.

[quote name='TheLongshot']A Bug's Life wants to talk to you.

Personally, I think it is better than Monsters Inc as well.[/QUOTE]

:lol:
I'm not huge fan of ABL either. My wife loves that one though. Monsters Inc on the other hand, I adore.
Again, anything Pixar is better than 80% of the movies out there. But like someone said earlier, it's all about tastes.

[quote name='Vader582']There's no way Up was made for toddlers to 4th graders.
That film has way too much subtle storytelling. I dare say the same of Wall-E.

IMO, Cars is hard to relate to because they are the first Pixar characters that don't take on human physical characteristics.
It's not horrible but it's Pixar's worst.[/QUOTE]

I'm just in the minority here I guess because I would have no need to really watch any of these movies if I didn't have kids. But to feel that there is some deep complexity in these films to me is a bit much. Yes there is more complexity to a 4 year old but anybody older than that should know that most of these stories mimic other movies in kids form. They are quite good and I do enjoy alot of the jokes and watching them with my kids. And as a parent alot of the family themes are cool. I'm not knocking the movies at all but the Shakespearean level of story telling that is being bestowed on them in this thread to me is a bit crazy. What do I know my favorites are Kung Fu Panda, How to Train a Dragon, The Incredibles, Meet The Robinson's, Toy story Franchise. Not all Pixar and some may think those choices explain alot but all entertain me.

[quote name='jling84']Oh well I'm still going to get it just because it makes the Incredibles cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Heh, yeah, I never saw Cars before because the subject matter didn't really interest me. But hey, it's still a Pixar film, and I was buying The Incredibles regardless. With the $10 discount for buying both, I got both it and The Incredibles for $7 more than I would have paid for The Incredibles by itself. For that price, I'm willing to give it a try. If I really don't like it, I'm sure I'll be able to get most or all of my money back selling it.

FYI - My Wal-Mart would not price match the $10 off both deal at BB. My local Targets were out of Incredibles, and my local BB was out of Cars, so I'll have to wait for one of them to get more.

I cant print the incredible's coupon Im using firefox when I click on get the coupon it takes me to install the coupon software but then nothing happens :(

Edit: nevermind I got it working with IE

Thanks

Bottom rung for me is definitely Ratatouille, it's the only Pixar movie I wouldn't consider owning.

Picked up both Incredibles and Cars with both coupons at BB with no problems.
edit:
Cars isn't one of my favs, but I plan to see Cars 2 and when you add it all together it's $7 more to pick-up Cars which is less than the value of the movie voucher included with it.

When ratatouille first came out I didnt even think it was a Pixar film. Thought it was just another cg animation Disney film like Chicken Little or Meet the Robinsons.

I got a chance to see an unfinished print of Cars 2 last year and can tell you its a very fun action/adventure movie. Definetly and improvement over the first, which I didn't think was a bad film at all just not one of Pixars best, though it has grown on me over time.

My BB had incredibles (about 6 copies) but NONE of Cars...guess I'll have to wait for a replenishment in the shipments or just pass on the deal.

bread's done
Back