The Incredibles (4-Disc 2 BDs+DVD+DC) $10 DMR Upgrade & Cars (BD+DVD) $8 DMR Upgrade

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
incrediblesupgrade860x800md1ojg1302200814143.jpg

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/promotions/special-offers/incredibles-upgrade

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]786936244250 (widescreen)
786936279979 (pan & scan)

carsupgrade860x800md1ojg1302211415690.jpg

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/promotions/special-offers/cars-upgrade

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]786936734041 Blu-ray 1-Disc[/FONT]
786936271898 DVD Widescreen
786936708103 DVD Fullscreen

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='El Rey']I got a chance to see an unfinished print of Cars 2 last year and can tell you its a very fun action/adventure movie. Definetly and improvement over the first, which I didn't think was a bad film at all just not one of Pixars best, though it has grown on me over time.[/QUOTE]

kind of bad then imo. I liked the first Cars because of its family oriented moments. If Cars 2 is all action and no heart its going to be stupid. I think it looks bad from the trailers because of this, but I'm hoping I'm proven wrong.

The BB Store in League City had plenty of both and everything went smooth as far as coupons and the 10 the combo.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']kind of bad then imo. I liked the first Cars because of its family oriented moments. If Cars 2 is all action and no heart its going to be stupid. I think it looks bad from the trailers because of this, but I'm hoping I'm proven wrong.[/QUOTE]

Its still a Pixar movie so its still got heart. The theme in this one essentially being friendship and accepting your friends for who they are. (I thought there was going to be an environmental/alternative energy message but its basically just a plot device) But the main complaint about the first film was it being leisurely and nothing really happening (in comparison to other Pixar movies) and Cars 2 answers those complaints. Its not non stop action but when it is in that mode its very fun. The opening set piece alone rivals that of a live action film. The animation is gorgeous. Even in its unfinished form (lots of storyboards and unfinished/unpolished animations sequences) the crowd I saw it with loved it. I think a lot of those who wrote off the first film will be pleasantly surprised and enjoy this one.

Mountain View Best Buy has copies of both Cars and Incredibles, so tried my luck...unfortunately they won't take the coupons and the $10 off deal at the same time. Pretty safe to say if you have a Best Buy that has both in stock, they're probably not taking the deals combined.

Picked mine up Tuesday morning at 10:30AM. I'm an Incredibles fanatic, so I had to get mine ASAP. :) Hit up the Southdale, MN store. Grabbed Incredibles, and the only copy of Cars they had. :roll: Gave the clerk both DMR coupons, which he carefully examined to make sure they were for the movies I was buying. He didn't scan them, instead he entered the values of the coupons manually as being 'manufacturer coupons' in their POS system. I used the $10 GC I got earlier this week for getting 2 3DS games, and paid ~$15. When I got to work, I gave Cars to a coworker who has a couple of toddlers, and she paid me the $13 I paid for it. Gotta love getting a blu-ray for $2. :D

[quote name='pscloud']Mountain View Best Buy has copies of both Cars and Incredibles, so tried my luck...unfortunately they won't take the coupons and the $10 off deal at the same time. Pretty safe to say if you have a Best Buy that has both in stock, they're probably not taking the deals combined.[/QUOTE]

I bought them with the coupons no problems or questions asked in Fairfield, CA. There should be no reason why they refuse to take the coupons and give the discount. They get reimbursed for the coupons from Disney. if they don't accept them I would question why and if need be call the corporate office.

Just hit up my local BB. They had plenty of both but had tons of printed signage that they "unfortunately" couldn't accept the coupons. I bought a soda so I could rip the store a new one on their satisfaction survey and grabbed a sales flier on the way out the door. On to target and TRU...

Go to the best buy forums in the customer service forum and report your findings. They are supposed to accept the coupons and I had no issues with them accepting the coupon for Incredibles today. I would have photographed one of those flyers and posted it at the forum.

Please be nice...

I have never really watched any kind of animated movies.

Would one suggest The Incredibles as the best entry point for animated movies?

If it isn't the best, which one would be better than The Incredibles?

Many thanks!

uhh not sure if anyone can folllow me but yesterday i went to BB and they said i couldnt do it in a single transaction but i ended up doing it anyway.

here is the first trip (separate transactions)

$16.49
$18.49

(had a $15 rz but didnt use it because i will go back the next day to return and exchange)

today:

lol i tried to tell the lady i wanted to returned it but she assumed i was "double dipping" even though that wasnt the case. i just wanted it to be a single transaction so i can get the discount and use my $15 RZ. i wanted just to returned it (she assumed id get the money back and use the coupon again) and get my money (before the coupon was used) back and make a whole new transaction.

so anyways

she ended up doing the transaction because i said i just wanted to return it then since i dont wanna pay more for it.

so i got $26 back on each of the movies

and i had to pay $24 after coupons. RZ wouldnt scan. she then just gave me $15 in cash to substitute for it. i didnt get ripped off right?

[quote name='pscloud']Mountain View Best Buy has copies of both Cars and Incredibles, so tried my luck...unfortunately they won't take the coupons and the $10 off deal at the same time. Pretty safe to say if you have a Best Buy that has both in stock, they're probably not taking the deals combined.[/QUOTE]

It's more rare to find a store that won't combine discounts, actually. Sucks for you :(

[quote name='thelwig14']Please be nice...

Many thanks![/QUOTE]
Jesus, you've never seen a cartoon movie? Yes, Incredibles is great, especially if you're a parent, it resonates with them really well.

[quote name='SleepDebt']At my bestbuy, they rang it up as regular priced and then got the 10 dollar off. Sucks for me.[/QUOTE]

Its in their ad. How does it suck for you?

It took a while but finally was able to get a deal on both movies. I went to BB and they were of course sold out of Cars. No go there. I then proceeded to walmart. They would price match and take the coupons but not give me the extra $10 when you buy them both together. No go there. I then went to target. Same thing as walmart. Finally I tried a different Target. I walked out of that Target with both movies for $22.96 out the door. I guess it just depends on who you get at the store.

[quote name='chuckrock38']I guess it just depends on who you get at the store.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. An employee at my BB said that the coupons couldn't be used along with the $10 off special deal because that is already a special offer and they can't be combined. I'm still waiting for Target to get more copies of Incredibles so I can try there. Or I may go back to BB and try somebody else :D

oh wow, so i just found out i unintentionally used 4 DMR coupons -.- by returning and rebuying (only because they wouldnt do it in one transaction before)

[quote name='Antdogg50']I bought them with the coupons no problems or questions asked in Fairfield, CA. There should be no reason why they refuse to take the coupons and give the discount. They get reimbursed for the coupons from Disney. if they don't accept them I would question why and if need be call the corporate office.[/QUOTE]

I believe this all boils down to the free games after coupons fiasco last year and years before. Some Best Buys are probably uber strict on accepting coupons now for items that are on sale.

[quote name='thelwig14']Please be nice...

Many thanks![/QUOTE]

Toy Story is better by far. But Incredibles is also really good. Cant go wrong with either. But Toy Story will always be my favorite.

[quote name='david12795']so did the best buy ad even specify if you buy cars/incredibles, you get $10 off?[/QUOTE]

Yes it specifies it in the ad.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']I believe this all boils down to the free games after coupons fiasco last year and years before. Some Best Buys are probably uber strict on accepting coupons now for items that are on sale.[/QUOTE]

Those coupons came and were from BB, I don't know if they were reimbursed from the manufacturers in any way. So I think this situation is different, plus I've seen a lot of post to the BB-Forums were they explained their situation and somebody from BB always seemed to apologize and say they shouldn't have done that.

One thing has to happen though because this ymmv thing pretty much blows, they either take them and get you the deal or they don't.

Went to Montgomeryville, PA BB and they had plenty of Cars and Incredibles in stock. No problems at all with taking both the coupons. I was pretty surprised because this store has given me a hard time in the past.

Are a lot of people having luck price matching at Walmart. I went to BB today and out of Cars I asked if they had some in the back and the clerk said NO even when it said they had some online.

I'm going to try to go to Best Buy at lunch today to get both....if not, oh well. Maybe try Target for a PM. I need to get the BB ad regardless.

[quote name='buster90']Are a lot of people having luck price matching at Walmart.[/QUOTE]

I've struck out at two Wal-Marts (Madison, WI east and Sun Prairie) so far. They'll take both coupons, but they won't match the BB $10 off on top of the coupons even though I had the BB ad.

[quote name='hold_me']I've struck out at two Wal-Marts (Madison, WI east and Sun Prairie) so far. They'll take both coupons, but they won't match the BB $10 off on top of the coupons even though I had the BB ad.[/QUOTE]

Hi,

I just got both movies price matched at WalMart this morning (Bozeman, MT). This was matching the BB ad with the additional $10 in addition to using the coupons. I used a printed copy of the BB ad from the web site and not a 'real' hard copy as well. It was pretty early (5:00am) so it could have been an extra flexible cashier in the wee hours.

The coupons rang up without any special effort - she scanned 'em and they showed as $10 and $8 coupons. The cashier did have to ask a manager how to price match the $10 additional discount for purchasing both movies (they took an extra $5.00 off per movie). Between the price match and the coupons it was like getting one movie for free. If you factor in the two free movie tickets you are just about getting both movies for nothing.

I was also able to use the Tangled 3D 4-Disc coupon for the 2-Disc Blu Ray version. The coupon rang up without any question but a sharper eyed cashier may have caught that the coupon noted a different version of the movie. She may have just not wanted to hassle with digging out Tangled to verify the version since I gave all of the coupons after the rest of the stuff I was buying was rung up and bagged.

Chris

Someone tried PM this at Target on one of my friends. I work there. Apparently he was not very nice about it. Technically, it's not supposed to be PM by Target, since its a special deal at BB, and not the printed price, but some people will do it. Please, if you try to PM this, be nice to the employees. They're people too.

I was able to get both at Best Buy...successful lunch trip. The only issue was the lady in front of me was paying in ALL change. What a mess.....the guy at the register says she comes in about once a month. She brings about 15 things to the register, and only decides to buy like 1-3 things. And, she paid with all this change and wadded up bills. AND she bought each thing in a separate transaction. What a mess. Luckily she was near the end of her transaction when I got up there.

Two movies....not bad, both listed a free ticket to CARS 2 (is that normal)? If so, sweet....I can take my daughter.

[quote name='doubledown']I was able to get both at Best Buy...successful lunch trip. The only issue was the lady in front of me was paying in ALL change. What a mess.....the guy at the register says she comes in about once a month. She brings about 15 things to the register, and only decides to buy like 1-3 things. And, she paid with all this change and wadded up bills. AND she bought each thing in a separate transaction. What a mess. Luckily she was near the end of her transaction when I got up there.

Two movies....not bad, both listed a free ticket to CARS 2 (is that normal)? If so, sweet....I can take my daughter.[/QUOTE]

Yep, free movie ticket with both. Just have to register them with the Disney Movie Rewards site.

The Best Buy in Eden Prairie, MN got restocked on Cars today. It showed available on the website, and I had to ask for it, but their system showed 30 on hand. Took them a bit to find it in back, but they have it in stock.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']If I am just interested in the Incredibles... what is the best deal?[/QUOTE]

Best Buy at $24.99 is the cheapest I've seen, and you can use the $10 off coupon in the original post with no problems to get it for $14.99 + tax.

Just tried the PM at walmart. After standing in line for 15 minutes, they refused to match the $10. The lady was a real bitch about it too, like it was my fault she couldnt parse a simple English sentence.

I can't believe how ridiculous getting this deal is. I've never had any issue with any of the Disney blus in the past.

[quote name='pablo9000']I can't believe how ridiculous getting this deal is. I've never had any issue with any of the Disney blus in the past.[/QUOTE]

They wouldn't take the coupons, or they wouldn't do the price match from BB? Everywhere I've tried will gladly take the coupons, but not the BB price match on top of it. Even BB wouldn't do both the $10 off and the coupons. Others have gotten both discounts at BB no problem though, so I might have to try again.

[quote name='pablo9000']Just tried the PM at walmart. After standing in line for 15 minutes, they refused to match the $10. The lady was a real bitch about it too, like it was my fault she couldnt parse a simple English sentence.

I can't believe how ridiculous getting this deal is. I've never had any issue with any of the Disney blus in the past.[/QUOTE]

It's not Wal-Mart's policy to match promotions...as is the case with most stores (the occasional dumb employee not withstanding). If the movies are shown in the ad with the lower price, you can usually get them to do it. But if it just straight up says "Buy Both and Save $10", that's not something they match.

[quote name='hold_me']Indeed. An employee at my BB said that the coupons couldn't be used along with the $10 off special deal because that is already a special offer and they can't be combined. I'm still waiting for Target to get more copies of Incredibles so I can try there. Or I may go back to BB and try somebody else :D[/QUOTE]

just ask the to speak to a manager and if they refuse ask them for the corporate number and call right in front of them. or just pull out your phone and pull up the best buy forums where they clearly tell you that they are supposed to do it.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']It's not Wal-Mart's policy to match promotions...as is the case with most stores (the occasional dumb employee not withstanding). If the movies are shown in the ad with the lower price, you can usually get them to do it. But if it just straight up says "Buy Both and Save $10", that's not something they match.[/QUOTE]

I took both movies to the front registers and looked for the most cheerful - optimistic cashier. She said "Soooo...they would be $19.99 each then? $24.99 - $5 each would be $19.99. Does that work for you?"

The best part is she did not want to use the coupons because she did not know what a "Combo Pack" was. After I explained and another cashier verified these were the correct versions, she said "Wow, thats a great deal. I would upgrade to a Blu-Ray player if it only played regular DVD's and I wouldn't have to re-buy my DVD collection."

I did not comment, paid my $24.98 w/tax and walked away smiling.

Success!!!! I got both at BB for $25.88!!! The cashier didn't even scan my coupons. She manually took off $10 and $8 after the $10 promo was applied!!!

Best part of all was that it was a new shipment that they had just gotten cause the ugly price stickers that they usually have in front of their movies wasn't there for both. Oh happy day :)

I am going to try and pick up copies tomorrow at TRU along with a copy of the new Harry Potter to see how the extra $10.00 off promo and the B1G1 40% promos stack with all three movies. Plus I have a $10.00 off a $50.00 purchase coupon to try and use also. Does anybody know how much the Harry Potter Blu will be a TRU tomorrow?

Went into the Arden Way (Sacramento) store on my lunch and picked up both (there were plenty) and the cashier didn't even bat an eye when ringing them up with the coupons and promo.

[quote name='skiizim']Those coupons came and were from BB, I don't know if they were reimbursed from the manufacturers in any way. So I think this situation is different, plus I've seen a lot of post to the BB-Forums were they explained their situation and somebody from BB always seemed to apologize and say they shouldn't have done that.

One thing has to happen though because this ymmv thing pretty much blows, they either take them and get you the deal or they don't.[/QUOTE]

I realize that. But I'm just saying maybe some managers are just fed up with coupons in general.

Had no problems today at the Sunrise BB in Sacramento. Talked to the cashier a little and he said - YMMV - that they are testing the waters with PM'ing Amazon. I was talking about my Pixar Blu upgrade coupons never being useful since only Amazon ever seems to drop the price low enough. Worth looking into I think.

bread's done
Back