The Indiefort Bundle - available April 5th

[quote name='inm8num2']I see. Different opinions are considered trolling in your world. And the angry, childish outbursts must be irrational knee-jerk reactions to the inability to cope with other views? And when you have no argument you accuse people of trolling?

You made a post in response to mine with inane and illogical points. I refuted it. If being incorrect about this drives your blood pressure up, I can see why handling games outside of Steam isn't for you.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry about him. That guy just throws temper tantrums in threads then adds you to his ignore list when you disagree or dislike something he liked. Then he likes to post that he added you to his ignore list. Welcome to the exclusive club lol

[quote name='inm8num2']I see. Different opinions are considered trolling in your world. And the angry, childish outbursts must be irrational knee-jerk reactions to the inability to cope with other views? And when you have no argument you accuse people of trolling?

You made a post in response to mine with inane and illogical points. I refuted it. If being incorrect about this drives your blood pressure up, I can see why handling games outside of Steam isn't for you.[/QUOTE]

You seriously need to stop trolling every fucking PC thread with your anti-Steam shit.

Glad all that off-topic nonsense was removed.

Anyways, based on the trailer, Wanderlust looks like it was designed to be a Nintendo DS game (that's not a knock, I like DS games) and seems to be the most interesting of the bunch. Not really into anything else the bundle has to offer though, so probably gonna pass on this one.

Devil Whiskey looks like old-school Wizardry or Bard's Tale from the 80's, with modern graphics. I would love to play a game like this on my phone. Not sure if I can stomach it on my computer though. Wish there was more information on their website; I will be watching this one. Plus I love the name. It's so unapologetic.

[quote name='Motoki']Not that I care much about the who is playing what feature but that basically announces to the effect of 'Motoki is playing a game'. Vague much?
[/QUOTE]

That only happens if the person doesn't put in a name for the game. If you put in a name, then it gives the name. Looking at my friend's list, I see one friend "In non-Steam game StarCraft II".

My complaints with adding a game this way is that a) you can't review them when you're done, and b) Steam doesn't track time played for non-steam games. plus no updates, yeah. I do buy non-steam games, but generally just indies. I like being able to play games at work on my lunch hour without having to install Steam.

I just checked the site, and it's not live yet. But after reading the link in the op more closely, it seems like the bundle is to promote Indiefort, a platform like Steam and the GMG Capsule that tracks your games for you. I don't really like installing apps to install games...but we'll see.

[quote name='warreni']I'm a "to each his own" kind of guy when it comes to the Steam/non-Steam thing. I understand why people want to have a monogamous relationship with Steam, but it's not for me. I'll pass this along for anyone who's interested: http://www.datacrow.net/. Data Crow is a totally free and very customizable database for cataloging media, including games.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for recommending Data Crow. It looks really versatile! I've been looking for a good cataloging program!

[quote name='Blade']I just checked the site, and it's not live yet. But after reading the link in the op more closely, it seems like the bundle is to promote Indiefort, a platform like Steam and the GMG Capsule that tracks your games for you. I don't really like installing apps to install games...but we'll see.[/QUOTE]

You know, they weren't really clear on that point at all.

I know some people don't like the idea of having to install another app, but some of these games are going to have updates and that can be a pain to track without some sort of client.

Kenshi in particular is in alpha status and will undoubtedly have A LOT of updates. Without some sort of client that means going to the developer's site frequently and checking for updates then manually downloading and installing them each time or you'll potentially be playing on an old version without new fixes and features.

[quote name='Motoki']You know, they weren't really clear on that point at all.

I know some people don't like the idea of having to install another app, but some of these games are going to have updates and that can be a pain to track without some sort of client.

Kenshi in particular is in alpha status and will undoubtedly have A LOT of updates. Without some sort of client that means going to the developer's site frequently and checking for updates then manually downloading and installing them each time or you'll potentially be playing on an old version without new fixes and features.[/QUOTE]

I bought the bundle about an hour ago and the games show up on my shelf the same as the others. I haven't downloaded any yet but there isn't any indication of another platform being required to download - just the usual Download / Gift buttons.

GG usually lists patches/demos/manuals/etc. on your download page. I would guess that they will release updates in the same way.

To give an idea what I mean:
sample1h.png

Okay then I will pass. I am not running back to Gamersgate every day to check for patches and then repeated download and install them on some alpha game that is likely to have a ton of updates.

[quote name='Motoki']Okay then I will pass. I am not running back to Gamersgate every day to check for patches and then repeated download and install them on some alpha game that is likely to have a ton of updates.[/QUOTE]

I don't mind so much because GG is probably my most used digital download site (not including Steam - with all the steam keys from previous bundles I definitely have more games on there.)

I am probably not going to download it for a bit but Kenshi might have updates in-game, or atleast notifications to update.

Anyway, I am happy with the bundle. It's one of few where I have owned none of the games already. If the new Be Mine2 bundle includes the first BM bundle I might grab that though since I missed the first one.

[quote name='pROvIs']No steam is a deal breaker. With these smaller games I will forget I own them if they are on anything else.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha this.

With a lot of these little indie bundle games, I tend to just install 'em once, and only play them for maybe a half hour before uninstalling them. I won't even consider a PC game that's not Steam anymore because of how much I like to have my little list of games I can install and delete on a whim.

I'd love to buy this but I have such a huge backlog I doubt I'd ever play these games.

And that has nothing to do with them not being on Steam.

have to agree with everybody else... i have a bunch of indie games and Steam really makes it easier to know which ones you have and its easy because most bundles are steam redeemable... i hardly use GamersGate so look like its a pass for me too...

Kenshi looks like its got potential.

I want kenshi, but not if its going to be in a HIB or linked with Desura one day.

If they include Kenshi in a HIB its auto buy for me. But then again its auto buy everytime anyway. Usually 1 month after a game has been in a bundle is when I desperately want that game. So I just buy em all.
Another game I'm super interested in is Project Zomboid.

Screw it. Have you seen this video? You can build your own base out in the desert! http://www.indiedb.com/games/kenshi/videos

Does anyone off hand know if project zomboid has been in a sale yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Zomboid hasn't. It's probably one of the most well known alpha funding projects around so I would not really bet on it being in one, except maybe a few months after its' real release.

[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']Kenshi looks like its got potential.

I want kenshi, but not if its going to be in a HIB or linked with Desura one day.
[/QUOTE]

I would possibly bite on this if Kenshi came with a Desura key but I will just hold out and hope that Indie Royale puts it in one of their bundles someday since they are affliated with Desura.

A new Indiefort is up - $5.99 for:

• Fortix 2
  • Aztaka
  • Dark Scavenger
  • DEMISE: Ascension
  • Intrusion 2

plus some bonus content as sales targets are reached.

If possible, update the OP (did not want to start a new thread).

bread's done
Back