The Iron Sheik's wrestling topic

[quote name='Zen Davis'][quote name='JaytheGamefan']Well, the woman he sucker punched is a lawyer, which is much worse than punching a trained wrestler in a worked wrestling match. He's probably totally fucked as a result of this./quote]

Did his contract allow him to punch a woman lawyer in a strip club though?

Wait... what the fuck was a woman lawyer doing in strip club?[/quote]

wearing a pant suit and trying to pick up chicks id assume

[quote name='Matt Young']Jay, that was hilarious.[/QUOTE]
Glad you liked it. I love the "IS IT THE TACKS, THE GLASS? NO, HE BROUGHT HIS OWN SILVERWARE INTO IHOP!"and 'JUDAS MESIAS IS A SLOPPY EATER" parts the most.

I think I need to make Delaney in either FPR or NM and have him get destroyed by folks. This gimmick is too good to not replicate in a game at some point.

Ingenious Ihop scenario Jay

My favorite part was the whole 'did you know rellik is killer spelled backwards' part since they stress that so much on tna

great job

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]January 16th: ROH and Dragon Gate officials are finalizing negotiations for exactly what names will be on the 3/28 & 29 Orlando events. Fans will definitely see a lot of familiar faces from Dragon Gate. It is safe to say with this much talent that there will be two supercards that weekend. Tickets are red hot and you can save 33% on them now at ROHwrestling.com.
[/FONT]

[quote name='Zen Davis'][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]January 16th: ROH and Dragon Gate officials are finalizing negotiations for exactly what names will be on the 3/28 & 29 Orlando events. Fans will definitely see a lot of familiar faces from Dragon Gate. It is safe to say with this much talent that there will be two supercards that weekend. Tickets are red hot and you can save 33% on them now at ROHwrestling.com.
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

I still don't know anything about Dragon Gate (besides the fact they had a team in WSX) but I have my tickets and as long as most of the RoH people are there, I don't care.

I'm looking for recommendations on RoH DVD's. Their 33% off sale ends Wednesday morning 9 EST. I'm only going to buy 1 or 2 so I'm looking for ones that best represent RoH as a whole. Maybe a mix of the early days ('02-'03) and one from the last couple of years. Zen, or anybody else, hit me.

I made Delaney in FPR and had him face Khali - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yautk9ZPvM

Also, UWF (Abrams) is on ESPN Classic now, and has been tremendous so far, as Albano and Tolos yelled at each other, then DeBeers cut a racist promo then called himself THE UNIVERSE'S GREATEST ATHLETE, and Haynes countered by saying he was babysat by blacks and is fighting FOR THE ORIENTALS! God bless every single drug that poisoned the body of Abrams, as it led to this horrendously amusing show.

Edit - Second show is on, and it opens with THE STAR OF DAVID, BARRY HOROWITZ, and Tolos went on a rant about the evils of sushi, the upside of good eating, and stating that Horowitz is a pitcher, not a catcher. Oh. My. God. Pez Whatley is... prancing to the ring in an orange and black speedo with American flags in his hands and on his hat. He has a suit jacket on with tails, and he's only the second gayest-looking man involved in this match, as Col. Red is coming down. Now, Tolos is ranting those damned annoying bugs - centimeters! Also, if Whatley beats Koloff, he has to contend with 999 MILLION THOUSAND RUSSIANS! This was a much more enjoyable hour of TV than ECW.

Quotes -
(Orndorff sign is shown)Bruno - Number 1, it says!
Herb - The Grappler is from Parts Unknown… I wonder what it says on his driver’s license.
Bruno - Paul Orndorff is great shape - perpetual motion!
Dr. Death - MR. WONDERFUL, PEOPLE HAVE BEEN COMING UP TO ME ON THE STREET, NINE TO FIVERS, THE BEGGARS, JUST LIKE YOU WERE BEGGING ME TO STOP HURTING YOU, ASKING ME WHYYYYY!? WELL, I’M THE WRESTLING MACHINE, I’M INDESTRUCTIBLE, AND I’M SICK OF THESE BEGGARS!
Albano - HELLO WRESTLING FANS, IT’S CAPTAIN LOU ALBANO HERE WITH ANOTHER WEEKLY INSTALLMENT OF CAPTAIN LOU’S CORNER! I’M HERE WITH A MAN I RESPECT, THE GOLDEN GREEK, JOHN TOLOS!
Tolos - YOU KNOW SOMETHING, ALBANO, I USED TO LOVE IT WHEN YOU’D BEAT AND CLAW AND DESTROY PEOPLE, BUT ONCE PEOPLE STARTED CLAPPING AND CHEERING FOR YOU, YOU BECAME A WIMP!
Albano - YOU KNOW, I SAID I RESPECTED YOU, BUT I DON’T LIKE YOU. THIS IS MY SHOW! NO ONE TALKS TO ME LIKE THAT!
(to Albano)Tolos - YOU SEE THIS PINKY? THERE’S MORE TALENT AND BRAINS IN IT THAN THERE IS IN YOUR BIG FAT BODY! I’M GONNA TAKE OVER YOUR SHOW, THEN I’LL TAKE OVER THE UWF!!
Nikita - NEW YORK! I’M COMING! I’VE BEEN TRAINING HARD! NEW YORK! I’M COMING!
Herb - Send Nikita to Siberia… the sign says…
Herb - Spitball Patterson vs. Nikita, both around 280 pounds…
Bruno - Yes, but look at how the weight is distributed. Nikita is in shape, and Shitball, Spitball has it centered around the middle.
DeBeers - THE MOVIE WORLD IS ON FIRE! FANTASY WORLD HAS BURNED TO THE GROUND, AND BILLY JACK, YOU LIVE IN A FANTASY WORLD BECAUSE YOU’RE FACING THE WORLD’S GREATEST ATHLETE AND THE UNIVERSE’S GREATEST ATHLETE!
Haynes - I WAS BORN AND RAISED IN PORTLAND, OREGON, AND I WAS BABYSAT BY BLACKS! Why? BECAUSE THEY’RE NO BETTER OR WORSE THAN WHITES. TONIGHT, I’M FIGHTING FOR THE PEOPLE OF OREGON, THE BLACKS, THE HISPANICS, AND THE ORIENTALS! TONIGHT, I’M GONNA KICK YOUR ASS!
(DeBeers rakes Haynes’ face on the ropes)Bruno - OOH, dat rope burns… TREMENDOUS burning sensation!
(Haynes does a dropkick)Bruno - WHAT RAGILITY FOR A 285 POUND MAN!
Parsons - This man is a referee, not a fighter, and that Africa gimmick? That went out years ago. IT’S THE ‘90S BABY! Blood is thicker than mud, and what that means is it’s on!

Announcer - Barry “THE STAR OF DAVID” Horowitz!
Tolos - This Horowitz is an 11 year pro, and he doesn’t have too many marks on him because he’s a pitcher, not a catcher.
Tolos - I’ve been to Japan many times, but I’m not down with the food. RAW FISH? HOW CAN ANYONE EAT THAT!? YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT, FOLKS, REMEMBER THAT!
DeGeorge - Look at your own paper, Tolos.
Tolos - No, everyone cheats.
(Beach pulls hair)Tolos - YOU’RE ALWAYS TALKING ABOUT HOW CLEAN THIS BEACH IS!? LOOK AT THAT MOVE!!
(Horowitz does a knee lift) Tolos - SUPER KNEELIFT!
(Horowitz does a knee drop)SUPER MOVE BY THE STAR OF DAVID, BARRY HOROWITZ! WHAT A GREAT FINISHING MOVE!
Tolos - HOROWITZ WITH A PAT O’CONNER ROLL UP! SONNY BEACH REVERSES, WITH THE TIGHTS! YOU WIN ANYWAY YOU CAN HERE IN THE UWF! AS LONG AS YOU WIN!
Tolos - I was in Russia a few years ago, and couldn’t stand the centimeters. You know, those little bugs? Those are centimeters, right?
DeGeorge - No.
Tolos - Vladmir is like his other relatives - they’re all ruthless - they’ll just take anything out of their bag and hit you with it!
(Koloff chokes Whatley)Tolos - WHAT A GREAT AMATEUR MOVE!
DeGeorge - That wasn’t an amateur move.
Tolos - WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT HOLDS!? WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT WRESTLING!?
Tolos - If this Whatley beats Koloff, he has to deal with 999 million thousand Russians!
(Koloff thumbs opponent)Tolos - WHAT A GREAT AMATEUR MOVE BY KOLOFF!
DeGeorge - What kind of amateur wrestling are you watching?
Tolos - WHAT A GREAT GRECO ROMAN MOVE!
Tolos - Bourbon Street Whatley is rolling!
(after Whatley does a corner mount punch)Tolos - WOOO! THIS MATCH IS GETTING WILD! WOOO!
Tolos - NO ONE’S RUNNING OUT OF GAS IN THIS ONE!
Tolos - THIS IS MASS CONFUSION!
Tolos - EVERYBODY’S GOING CRAZY! WHAT A NIGHT OF PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING! EVERYONE’S GOING CRAZY! THERE MUST BE A FULL MOON, BABY!

UWF screens -

Bonus! MCMG greatness!

NWA International Lightweight Tag Team Title: Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin © vs. Ikuto Hidaka & Dick Togo
259 MB, great quality.

Just finished watching RAW a bit ago. The Jeff Hardy dive at the end of the show was pretty sick. A few things on the show could of been trimmed down timewise such as JBL's pyros, the Mini Rumble which while funny it did drag out a bit, and what felt like endless recaps of the past few weeks. That alone could of given time for the Flair vs Regal match which felt horribly rushed.

I will admit however I did find it funny when Vince said the line "I'm glad this isn't in HD yet" then the camera pans to Snitsky. :rofl:

Oh, and speaking of HD the show will be in Widescreen on the HD broadcast starting next week. Comcast here just added USA HD (along with Sci-Fi HD) a few weeks ago. I must say that even if the WWE were to keep broadcasting at 4x3 the picture quality on USA HD for RAW for a non HD native broadcast would rank at a 4/5 in my book. The image is very nice and clean most of the time. In fact at times even its a bit TOO clean looking since you can see details that one wouldn't notice in standard def (ie: the overkill of body oil/sweat on HBK).

The only downfalls I noticed is on occasion during pyros or an intro with a huge amount of fast motion lights I can see a slight but noticeable amount of pixelation/artifacting. I'd imagine once the shows are broadcasted in true HD (rather if its 720p or 1080i) that this will be far less noticeable since I suspect this is more from the show being an non HD native broadcast. But regardless its damn good quality overall. Should be interesting next week.

And yeah mykevermin.... it will be 16x9 btw. :applause:

I have been a lifelong fan of pro-wrestling, primarily WCW, and WWE just bores me presently. The wrong promotion won.

As for the new show sets; considering I accumulated about 30 minutes of viewing over the past month, I can't honestly say it will be the change to draw me back, but Raw will be red with hard lines, and Smackdown will be blue with a more cartoon-like appearance. It's how it has always been, and it would be silly to change banner colors.

May the Great Whedon have mercy on the eyes of those who see Snitsky's backne in HiDef.

And after reading Jim Ross's blog, he really should run WWE.

- Asks how short matches help things
- Is against forcing wrestlers to act like B-grade actors
- Thinks providing wrestlers with a promo outline and allowing them to work it out themselves is best

And just a bunch of other really good points. Shame he's just a color commentator now.

[quote name='Demolition Man']A few things on the show could of been trimmed down timewise such as JBL's pyros[/quote]I wouldn't mind watching 2 hours of JBL's pyro.

[quote name='onetrackmind']that Delaney kid is awesome.[/quote]I don't get why they're "pushing" him (if that's what you want to call it). At first, I thought he was just one of those local indy wrestlers, so I'm surprised to see him on TV for four weeks in a row. Is he supposed to be WWE's answer to "Shark Boy?"

[quote name='lmz00']I don't get why they're "pushing" him (if that's what you want to call it). At first, I thought he was just one of those local indy wrestlers, so I'm surprised to see him on TV for four weeks in a row. Is he supposed to be WWE's answer to "Shark Boy?"[/QUOTE]

i don't know, but i get a kick out of it when he's on tv. The kid can sell his ass off.

[quote name='Zen Davis']Wow.

No one wants to move to the Billy Graham thread.

It's as if it doesn't exist. ;)[/quote]

I don't understand why an evangelist gets a wrestling thread.

bread's done
Back