The "Is This Game Rare?" Thread

[quote name='idd0tt']how about obscure brand new sealed with white label and devil may cry original black label release w/ white label?[/quote]the original obscure game for the ps2 was selling for $60 used before the new one came out. but now it seems like it ruined the first games value (maybe because it was an ok game) they now only sell for $30+. so im guessing new/sealed originals would sell for between $50-$70..

[quote name='gotrice415510']crap!!! i was just at GS and saw a mint copy of Shin Megami Tensei Nocture.... shuld i go bak and get it?????[/QUOTE]

This game has been reprinted.
You shouldn't be paying gamestop $49.99 for a used copy.
Amazon has it for $39.99 NEW.
(it was on sale last week for $29.99)

[quote name='gotrice415510']crap!!! i was just at GS and saw a mint copy of Shin Megami Tensei Noctur.... shuld i go bak and get it?????[/quote]unless the soundtrack is included, then NO, absolutely not worth it. GS restocked their stores with reprinted copies of digital devil saga 1 and nocturne. you can tell the difference for nocturne if it doesn't have the OST included and it doesnt say limited edition in the back. you could also tell its a reprint if the case is new and flimsy looking. youll know what i mean if you compare the cases.

[quote name='gotrice415510']crap!!! i was just at GS and saw a mint copy of Shin Megami Tensei Noctur.... shuld i go bak and get it?????[/quote]unless the soundtrack is included, then NO, absolutely not worth it. GS restocked their stores with reprinted copies of digital devil saga 1 and nocturne. you can tell the difference for nocturne if it doesn't have the OST included and it doesnt say limited edition in the back. you could also tell its a reprint if the case is new and flimsy looking. youll know what i mean if you compare the cases.

Is this a good deal?

How much could I sell a dreamcast for? I already have one, I just mainly want the games (and vmu). I'm wondering if I could sell the dreamcast for enough to justify the cost of the games.

Are these good purchases new/sealed?

Beyond Good & Evil - $7, Xbox
Call of Cthulhu - $14, Xbox
Outrun 2006: Coast to Coast - $14, Xbox

I remember reading somewhere they were rare, but this was a while ago. Not sure if they lost any value.

Guys, I need an answer quick:

Neon Genesis Evangelion (N64) complete with the box and everything.

I've got an offer to buy that, Paper Mario, and a purple N64 for $35. I'm thinking of biting.

[quote name='SoNiC1023']Parasite eve complete black label for ps1?[/quote]sells at pretty weird prices but the highest is $30. theres even times when it sells for $6. i just bought the original version for $10 at an indie store with no manual.

[quote name='SoNiC1023']Yea I saw it for $8 on CL and I was wondering if I should grab it[/quote]definitely worth it for $8. but check the quality of the disc.

Is this a good deal:

Final Fantasy VII (Black Label)
Final Fantasy VIII (Greatest Hits)
Final Fantasy IX (Greatest Hits)
Legend of Dragoon (Black Label)
Parasite Eve (Black Label)

All are complete and in good condition. He's asking for $120.

[quote name='a real doctor']Is this a good deal:

Final Fantasy VII (Black Label)
Final Fantasy VIII (Greatest Hits)
Final Fantasy IX (Greatest Hits)
Legend of Dragoon (Black Label)
Parasite Eve (Black Label)

All are complete and in good condition. He's asking for $120.[/quote]

FF VII - $70-80 if black label
FF8 - $12-15
FF9 - $12-14
Legend of Dragoon - $10-12
Parasite Eve - $20-25 if black label

Looks like you would save about $20 buying this bundle. Not an amazing deal but a good one.

How about the limited edition US version of Shenmue that includes the Shenmue Jukebox disc? I got it off of Half for $7, and I tried looking around, but I haven't seen anything completed.

[quote name='GuardianE']Rule of Rose sealed for the PS2? I hadn't heard anything about this game until I stumbled upon it in a Gamestop.[/quote]
$30 (sealed) could be more. the last time i check amazon when they had it on stock was at $39.99. its not that great of a game maybe just because its an atlus game that still holds its $20-$30 value for used copies.

[quote name='yukafls']How about the GTA Trilogy pack(PS2) and Resident Evil 1 Long Box(PS1)???[/quote]
$30. GTA Trilogy is still in stock at targets. RE1 longbox was $40-$50. now you can buy one less than $30. a sealed copy of that game could go upto $500. i saw one that ended at $470

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Myeviltwin']Jurassic park:eek:peration genisis anyone?[/quote]
For the Xbox, I have sold 2 complete copies in the last month for $32 each. The PS2 version goes as high as $50. This is also one of the few games I have never seen at a pawn shop (both systems).

Someone wanna answer mine about NBA Jam TE (longbox, PS1) & Adventures of Lomax (Ps1)?

[quote name='drtomoe123']How about the limited edition US version of Shenmue that includes the Shenmue Jukebox disc? I got it off of Half for $7, and I tried looking around, but I haven't seen anything completed.[/quote]

Rare in terms of availability, but not in terms of value.

//edit: I have Operation Genesis on PS2 but it doesn't have an instruction book.. so it's kinda dead to me :(

[quote name='JJSP']Ikaruga GC?[/quote]
The value of these has dropped a lot since the XBLA announcement. It used to go for about $50, but now I see it ending as low as $27. I sold mine last summer for only $30 because that's the highest offer I could get.

Any of you guys have an idea on what to expect for sealed first print copies of games which were reprinted after the white label was no longer used?

I have sealed copies of Fatal Frame II, Disgaea, and Nocturne all with the white security strip but can't figure out if they're worth more than the sealed reprinted versions.

I believe the White label is worth far more. Sealed copies are usually a collector's market, and collector's know the white label is the only way to tell the difference between original and reprint

[quote name='Segasonic01']The value of these has dropped a lot since the XBLA announcement. It used to go for about $50, but now I see it ending as low as $27. I sold mine last summer for only $30 because that's the highest offer I could get.[/quote]
Works for me. Mine was $7.50 at BB during the B1G1 sale. Thanks!

reprints and download formats somehow hurts the value of the physical format for most games. since cds/dvds are cheap enough to produce, its no wonder companies like squarenix, sony, capcom, and atlus are doing reprints.

[quote name='Vinny']
I have sealed copies of Fatal Frame II, Disgaea, and Nocturne all with the white security strip but can't figure out if they're worth more than the sealed reprinted versions.[/quote]

I actually just e-mailed Tecmo begging for a Fatal Frame boxed collection. The guy answered with a reply much longer than the typical form letter bullshit and promised to forward it to the people that make the decisions. Hopefully this will come through for me and they'll re-release them all in a set because the used market price is insane. A little bit of a slap in the face to buy a single one (~$40) but a royal assfucking if you wanted to get all of them.

I figured with the survival horror blitz on the horizon (RE5, Silent Hill, Siren remake) and Fatal Frame IV in the works, it would be a prime time for Tecmo to capitalize on a Fatal Frame 1-3 set. Similar to the MGS Essentials and Devil May Cry set released a while back.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I actually just e-mailed Tecmo begging for a Fatal Frame boxed collection. The guy answered with a reply much longer than the typical form letter bullshit and promised to forward it to the people that make the decisions. Hopefully this will come through for me and they'll re-release them all in a set because the used market price is insane. A little bit of a slap in the face to buy a single one (~$40) but a royal assfucking if you wanted to get all of them.

I figured with the survival horror blitz on the horizon (RE5, Silent Hill, Siren remake) and Fatal Frame IV in the works, it would be a prime time for Tecmo to capitalize on a Fatal Frame 1-3 set. Similar to the MGS Essentials and Devil May Cry set released a while back.[/quote]

That would be sweet if Tecmo actually followed through on that email and re-released those games. A bundle would be awesome.

[quote name='tiggerkiddo']Pocky and Rocky for the SNES? First I ever heard of this game...game looks like it was never played.[/quote]

Not too rare. Sells for about $11 on average. The sequel sells for about $30 so keep your eyes open for that one.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I actually just e-mailed Tecmo begging for a Fatal Frame boxed collection. The guy answered with a reply much longer than the typical form letter bullshit and promised to forward it to the people that make the decisions. Hopefully this will come through for me and they'll re-release them all in a set because the used market price is insane. A little bit of a slap in the face to buy a single one (~$40) but a royal assfucking if you wanted to get all of them.

I figured with the survival horror blitz on the horizon (RE5, Silent Hill, Siren remake) and Fatal Frame IV in the works, it would be a prime time for Tecmo to capitalize on a Fatal Frame 1-3 set. Similar to the MGS Essentials and Devil May Cry set released a while back.[/quote]
i would love to own a copy of that. i personally have only played Fatal Frame 1 in japanese i knew it was a great game just never payed much attention to its release in the U.S.

I see a few game only ones completed on Ebay. This obviously would be worth quite a bit more. Any idea?

DSCF0072.jpg

Here is a very rare and valued game.

Halloween by wizard Games on the Atari.

Game was cancelled about 3 weeks after release(along with Texas Chainsaw MAssacre) due to violent acts in the game.

And since Halloween has a big Following to it I have seen this game with box go for well over $400-$500 on Ebay.

Another VERY rare on is

Madden NFL 1993
Championship Edition

this version is all old school teams. It was also a rental store only. A complete version is hard to find since most rental stores then were your mom and pop stores so they threw away the box and instructions. I actually have a complete copy of. Mint condition. Instructions are an 8 out of 10.

Anyone think the Pikmin games are going to be worth more now, or when Pikmin 3 is officially announced? I know that original games are worth more when a sequel is released, but that doesn't always seem to be the case (Smash Brothers Melee plummeted once Brawl was release, etc.).

Would any of the Gamecube Resident Evil games be worth more when Resident Evil 5 comes out? I've seen a bunch of them on Gamestop shelves (reprints, right?) so I know that their value hasn't held up like they once did.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='G3 Steve-O']Here is a very rare and valued game.

Halloween by wizard Games on the Atari.

Game was cancelled about 3 weeks after release(along with Texas Chainsaw MAssacre) due to violent acts in the game.[/QUOTE]

thank GOD they cancelled that ultra violent game! Check out this screen shot. Not sure if its in HD or not...but my GOD I will have nightmares of this imagery! ;)
http://www.mobygames.com/game/atari-2600/halloween_/screenshots/gameShotId,75090/

Would anyone know the going rate of the Super Bomberman Party Pak for Super Nintendo? I have the original box (in great condition), the original manual, the super multitap, and the game. I could not find the complete collection on ebay or anywhere else.

bread's done
Back