The "Is This Game Rare?" Thread

[quote name='giantqtipz']guys i have a question. its not vid game related, but i dont know where else to ask!! if i do i wouldnt be here so dont bash me!

alright i have a:

1) Yugi Structure Deck (Japanese Volume 1) from like 2002
2) Kaiba Structure Deck (Japanese Volume 1) from 2002 as well.

both are opened but are sealed in individual covers. all are japanese and are in mint condition for the most part.

any idea how much theyre worth?? i doubt theyre rare.. though i looked on ebay and amazon and i cant get an idea of how much they are worth (together and individually)[/QUOTE]

LOL. I still have like 3 Yugi and Kaiba 1st edition structure Decks (US edition) It's sealed. I don't think it's rare. Should probably look at Ebay.

Not exactly a game, but game related. I found 2 boxed Chrono Cross clocks in a storage box while cleaning out my garage. They've never been opened and you had to preorder the game from Funcoland in order to one I believe.

Anyways are those worth much of anything?

[quote name='Techsticles']Not exactly a game, but game related. I found 2 boxed Chrono Cross clocks in a storage box while cleaning out my garage. They've never been opened and you had to preorder the game from Funcoland in order to one I believe.

Anyways are those worth much of anything?[/QUOTE]

I typed Chrono Cross clock into ebay. 1 is up right now. $35 with a little less than 2 days left (1 bid).

I got Fatal Frame 2 for the Xbox (no manual, near mint disc with like one scratch I think, but I'm almost certain it's just like a thin smudge) and I got 3 completely mint for PS2.

How much do you guys figure I can get for each?

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']I got Fatal Frame 2 for the Xbox (no manual, near mint disc with like one scratch I think, but I'm almost certain it's just like a thin smudge) and I got 3 completely mint for PS2.

How much do you guys figure I can get for each?[/QUOTE]

Tecmo reprinted the trilogy's PS2 versions. These came in the PS2 cases that are flimsier and lack the memory card holder. They won't fetch nearly as much, maybe $30 a piece. Fatal Frame 2 for the Xbox will probaby only net you $20. The thing about rare games is that rarity doesn't always make a game valuable. This is a series that definitely applies to.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']I got Fatal Frame 2 for the Xbox (no manual, near mint disc with like one scratch I think, but I'm almost certain it's just like a thin smudge) and I got 3 completely mint for PS2.

How much do you guys figure I can get for each?[/QUOTE]

No manual hurts the value a little bit, though I would try listing it on Amazon at $31. Who knows if you'll be able to get that much, but it's worth a try (the xbox version actually has better graphics than the ps2 version I think).

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']No manual hurts the value a little bit, though I would try listing it on Amazon at $31. Who knows if you'll be able to get that much, but it's worth a try (the xbox version actually has better graphics than the ps2 version I think).[/QUOTE]
I could buy a manual for it on eBay (a seller has them for $7 and I have $3 eBay bucks anyways).

I'll try to see if I can sell it on CAG or something, thanks for the input you two.

[quote name='Segasonic01']I had a Sealed copy of Fatal Frame 2 on Xbox & the most I could get for that was $25[/QUOTE]

I still have my sealed one, but four have been sold on eBay this month for $40

[quote name='snowmint']Alright guys KAmen Rider Dragon Knight for Wii and DS.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they are pretty damn hard to come by. Ebay prices on these I think are a little absurd for a budget title, but whatever the market will bear (sp?). You can get them pretty cheap from Gamestop when they are in stock--I picked mine up new in shrink wrap from a GS in November for $19.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was digging through my garage, and found some old Atari 2600 gear. This is what I have:

Space Invaders
Pitfall
Atlantis II
River Raid
Adventure

worth anything or just trash?

[quote name='0_0']I was digging through my garage, and found some old Atari 2600 gear. This is what I have:

Space Invaders
Pitfall
Atlantis II
River Raid
Adventure

worth anything or just trash?[/QUOTE]
Adventure - junk price wise
River Raid - $5-15
Atlantis 2 - junk
Pitfall - $1
Space Invaders - junk price wise
I'm assuming that you only have carts here.

Glad this thread exists cause I was to open one if it didnt.

I picked up Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection(Xbox 360) at TRU clearance about 6 months ago and recently this game is going for $40-50 on EBAY sealed.

yet the PS3 version is only going for average $15 and the PS2 version isn't selling as much.

so with so many versions of this, is the 360 just rare or popular? but what about the PS3 version?

[quote name='EarthBound Sucks']Adventure - junk price wise
River Raid - $5-15
Atlantis 2 - junk
Pitfall - $1
Space Invaders - junk price wise
I'm assuming that you only have carts here.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing Atlantis 2 is a joke as a real copy of that is quite valuable. River Raid is not worth $5-$15 loose. It goes for that much factory sealed in the box. Loose it's a $2-$3 game tops.

[quote name='bojay1997']I'm guessing Atlantis 2 is a joke as a real copy of that is quite valuable. River Raid is not worth $5-$15 loose. It goes for that much factory sealed in the box. Loose it's a $2-$3 game tops.[/QUOTE]
Woops. Atlantis 2 is worth a lot. I must have been looking at the prices for Atlantis. Of course it goes much higher if it's sealed. You obviously didn't read the part when I typed 'I'm assuming that you only have carts here.'. He never specified if he had it complete or not.
Atlantis 2 complete would go about $1,000ish+ range.

[quote name='EarthBound Sucks']Woops. Atlantis 2 is worth a lot. I must have been looking at the prices for Atlantis. Of course it goes much higher if it's sealed. You obviously didn't read the part when I typed 'I'm assuming that you only have carts here.'. He never specified if he had it complete or not.
Atlantis 2 complete would go about $1,000ish+ range.[/QUOTE]

Even not complete it's very valuable if it's legit. Unfortunately, there are repros out there and intentional frauds. Your range on River Raid is still way off. Basically, all of the carts with the exception of Atlantis II are dirt common loose and only worth a buck or two each.

Obviously the Atlantis II was a terrible troll attempt. I don't think Atlantis II carts are even labeled as such, they're just the standard Atlantis cart (day variation, I think?). He wouldn't know it was Atlantis II just by looking at it.

[quote name='moop2001']How about a Street Fighter Collection for the Sega Saturn in original case missing a manual and maybe a ?second? disc[/QUOTE]

Probably 2 dollars. You probably checking out that Ebay auction that just went up a 2 days ago. Side Note: Since you brought up the SF collection, i decided to check my closet if i had one. I did. lol

1295641038.jpg

[quote name='moop2001']How much is Super Star Fox Weekend worth?[/QUOTE]

I sold mine for $360 back in May. I had it listed for $500 but was sick of sitting on it and took the best offer I had gotten. Mine was absolutely mint, though, with no wear on the label or the cart.

[quote name='Doomstink']I sold mine for $360 back in May. I had it listed for $500 but was sick of sitting on it and took the best offer I had gotten. Mine was absolutely mint, though, with no wear on the label or the cart.[/QUOTE]

What if it has the info card with it?

Is the Halo Triple Pack for the original Xbox rare? Was at my local Walmart last night and saw it in the videogame case. Was marked $49.xx. Almost tempted to just have someone there take it out and scan it to see if it rings up less (being, you know, from 2005).

[quote name='JediJames2']Is the Halo Triple Pack for the original Xbox rare? Was at my local Walmart last night and saw it in the videogame case. Was marked $49.xx. Almost tempted to just have someone there take it out and scan it to see if it rings up less (being, you know, from 2005).[/QUOTE]

It probably won't ring up less. Walmart is horrible about older games. During the PS2 days I remember going in and finding 4 year old sports games for $20 at least. I would say a sealed Halo Triple Pack is going to be pretty rare. That doesn't mean you will get money for it though. Check it out on ebay.

[quote name='schuerm26']It probably won't ring up less. Walmart is horrible about older games. During the PS2 days I remember going in and finding 4 year old sports games for $20 at least. I would say a sealed Halo Triple Pack is going to be pretty rare. That doesn't mean you will get money for it though. Check it out on ebay.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it will ring up at all. I tried to buy a copy of the Oblivion collector's edition for the 360 (which I believe is a more recent release than the Halo Triple Pack) a year or so ago, and it wasn't in the computer anymore so they wouldn't sell it to me.

[quote name='Doomstink']Obviously the Atlantis II was a terrible troll attempt. I don't think Atlantis II carts are even labeled as such, they're just the standard Atlantis cart (day variation, I think?). He wouldn't know it was Atlantis II just by looking at it.[/QUOTE]

Yup--they are not marked. The box featured a white label sticker on the front over the original artwork, but no other markings--no special printing. The carts are identical to the regular version--they only come with the "Night Scene" label--no day scenes, text only, or blue label variants.

You can read all about them here:
http://www.atariage.com/features/atlantis2.html

[quote name='moop2001']What if it has the info card with it?[/QUOTE]

Still the same. Sold mine (with card) for $350 back in the spring. I think without the card it goes for more like $250.

[quote name='moop2001']How about a Final Fantasy 8 PC?[/QUOTE]

Not that rare, but worth about $50 when I last checked, complete. We actually have 2 copies (I had one, gf had one, so now we have 2!)

[quote name='elessar123']Not that rare, but worth about $50 when I last checked, complete. We actually have 2 copies (I had one, gf had one, so now we have 2!)[/QUOTE]

I just got one for $2 complete without the box. Good for me I guess.

[quote name='moop2001']How about Mega Man the Wily Wars?[/QUOTE]

Considering you've already posted the one you found in thrift store thread on eBay, do you even need to ask?

[quote name='Doomstink']Considering you've already posted the one you found in thrift store thread on eBay, do you even need to ask?[/QUOTE]

I was unsure at the time but now I know, and knowing is half the battle.

[quote name='Drclaw411']anyone in for 1 rare bootleg?

http://cgi.ebay.com/nes-earthbound-...pt=US_Vintage_Video_Games&hash=item3cb4a96b7e

lulz[/QUOTE]

That isn't a bootleg technically. It is a custom cart. There are various sites around the internet that make those and at a much cheaper price I might add. They do those on older cartridge games that never came out in the US.

I bought one off of a site for like $15. It plays fine. And considering Mother 1 never came out over here, I figured it was better than emulation.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']That isn't a bootleg technically. It is a custom cart. There are various sites around the internet that make those and at a much cheaper price I might add. They do those on older cartridge games that never came out in the US.

I bought one off of a site for like $15. It plays fine. And considering Mother 1 never came out over here, I figured it was better than emulation.[/QUOTE]

$15 doesn't sound bad, but $80 is a little much. Probably should have come up with a different name though, either call it Mother or Earthbound Zero or something, calling it Earthbound when the second game is named Earthbound doesn't make a lot of sense.

Since I couldn't find the how much is it worth thread, I'll ask here. How much is a Star Wars TFU Ultimate Sith Edition for PS3 worth if it is still sealed but has a damaged top edge? (there's a dent in the top edge that makes part of it protrude)

[quote name='rainking187']$15 doesn't sound bad, but $80 is a little much. Probably should have come up with a different name though, either call it Mother or Earthbound Zero or something, calling it Earthbound when the second game is named Earthbound doesn't make a lot of sense.[/QUOTE]

Very true.

And I am willing to bet that seller knows about getting them cheap and is taking advantage of dumbasses on ebay. :D

I have two old pc games sealed... Battle Realms [Original & Winter of the Wolf] and Myst Trilogy

kinda obscure games, anyone know?

[quote name='Ltor']I have two old pc games sealed... Battle Realms [Original & Winter of the Wolf] and Myst Trilogy

kinda obscure games, anyone know?[/QUOTE]

I'm not even going to bother checking Myst as the majority of the series is worthless, could be an oversight on my part, though, because collections and gold editions usually wind up being worth more than their predecessors.

Battle Realms on the other hand is incredibly rare, both of those games in new condition are probably worth a combined $250 - $300 (unless they are the Focus multimedia bootleg versions).

[quote name='dabamus']Since I couldn't find the how much is it worth thread, I'll ask here. How much is a Star Wars TFU Ultimate Sith Edition for PS3 worth if it is still sealed but has a damaged top edge? (there's a dent in the top edge that makes part of it protrude)[/QUOTE]
not as much lately. if its used, around $40-$50 and you can probably squeeze an extra $10 there if youre patient. a sealed copy probably around $100-$120. for the ps3 version btw. the 360 version jumped in value (sealed). the pc version is pretty much an expensive coaster atm.

these are pretty rare (the ps3 and 360) but the second game kinda ruined the party :bouncy:

bread's done
Back