The "Is This Game Rare?" Thread

[quote name='endlessPRO']is xenosaga ep 2 gonna be worth anything?[/quote]

There is always a chance it will increase in value, but I wouldn't count on it. Right now Xenosaga 2 is worth $7-8 used. As you can see by the chart, the price has been fairly steady for the last year. I don't think it will increase too much if anything.

The two things it has going for it are it is an RPG (keep their value better) and Xenogears, which is expensive, is kind of related (though that is up to debate)

[quote name='endlessPRO']is xenosaga ep 2 gonna be worth anything?[/quote]

If you got it cheap, hang onto it for a while. I'd expect the value to be around $30-40 for a sealed copy in a couple years.

Xenosaga is a terrible RPG and the only way it woudl rise in value if it somehow dissapated of the face of the earth and somebody revived the series. Even then it would be like PSX recent value.

Gears on the other hand while being from the same series have it's own etc and is already valued.

So in terms of Stratigic games becoming a big hit. I am not talking about things like Advanced Wars. I am talking about the ones that have the boring Anime with it and they fight with mechs all day, and there is a some dialog or comment that is the entire show. In general anything that is boring-ER then Advance Wars.

IT will rise in value with time but don't think numbers like 60 and 50.

I have been trying to track down a price for this game for a buddy of mine but can't really find a hard price anywhere (some place that actually has it for sale or an auction that closed in the past).

The game is Daytona USA Netlink Edition for Sega Saturn. Anyone know a price for this? I know it is rare and expensive, but I would like evidence of a price. Thanks

[quote name='Satans Magic Hat']I was thinking of just throwing it on Goozex. I'm not getting a great deal or anything, but it's still better than buying the goozex points from the site.[/quote]
it is though, one of the decent rpgs on the gamecube. theres not very many rpgs on the gc to begin with so i would hold onto it.

:xbox:
Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams $10 - is this BC?
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath $10 - is this BC?
Fatal Frame $10
:ps2:
Wild Arms 3 $5
GoW w/black label $10
:ds:
Trama Center Under the Knife $19

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']:xbox:
Fatal Frame $10
Wild Arms 3 $5
GoW w/black label $10
Trama Center Under the Knife $19[/quote]
Good price on Fatal Frame. Not so good on the rest.

Fatal Frame $10
Wild Arms 3 $5
GoW w/black label $10
Trama Center Under the Knife $19[/quote]Really good deal on fatal frame.

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath $10 - is this BC?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that Silent Hill 2 is BC but I don't think Strangers Wrath is.

[quote name='StarKnightX']I'm pretty sure that Silent Hill 2 is BC but I don't think Strangers Wrath is.[/quote] What does BC mean?

[quote name='StarKnightX']I'm pretty sure that Silent Hill 2 is BC but I don't think Strangers Wrath is.[/quote]

It's definitely not. I had a friend get it and complain when they couldn't play it.
However it is awesome, if that's any consolation.

Should I bite on this one?

2 working super nintendos

with

Mario Paint w/mouse
Mortal Kombat II
Super Ghouls and Ghosts
Daffy Duck
Super Mario Allstars
Baseball Simulator 1000
F-Zero

for 20 bucks?

Also looking at

N64 system
2 controllers
Rumble pack

w/ games

James Bond 007
Cruisin USA
Rampage
Starfox 64
Super Mario 64
Madded Football 64
WVW NWO,

And a Mystery game that looks like blitz

for 20

[quote name='dmdragon']Should I bite on this one?

with

Mario Paint w/mouse
Mortal Kombat II
Super Ghouls and Ghosts
Daffy Duck
Super Mario Allstars
Baseball Simulator 1000
F-Zero

for 20 bucks?[/quote]
if the snes have all the stuff then yes

Not really a game but I'm curious. I know they used to be around $40 on ebay new, I found a brand new Saturn 3d controller for $9.

[quote name='dmdragon']Should I bite on this one?

with

Mario Paint w/mouse
Mortal Kombat II
Super Ghouls and Ghosts
Daffy Duck
Super Mario Allstars
Baseball Simulator 1000
F-Zero

for 20 bucks?

Also looking at

N64 system
2 controllers
Rumble pack

w/ games

James Bond 007
Cruisin USA
Rampage
Starfox 64
Super Mario 64
Madded Football 64
WVW NWO,

And a Mystery game that looks like blitz

for 20[/quote] The SNES stuff is a good deal, and so is the N64 because you can get $15 for Mario 64 alone.

[quote name='Vinny']Damn! I paid $40 for a gut copy a long time ago but opened copies don't get much at all. Oh well, maybe it'll go up in the future.[/quote]
i sold my last gut copy on half.com for $129

[quote name='phear3d']i sold my last gut copy on half.com for $129[/QUOTE]

fuck... I need to learn some more things from you guys about selling outside of Ebay.:lol:

I just sold a complete PS2 Dark Alliance 2 for a best offer of $39. It was an extra copy I got for like $30 but I wonder why they declined so much...

And looks like I'm late to the Pikmin 2 party too. I just finished it a few days ago and put it up with a BIN of $65. No ones biting but there's still 2.5 days left. But the prices in general have dropped a lot seeing as how there's like a hundreds of copies available.

Damn, 1 bad sale and another potentially bad sale when I really need money.:whistle2:(

[quote name='Vinny']fuck... I need to learn some more things from you guys about selling outside of Ebay.:lol: [/quote]
you just need to know your inventory, and keep a close eye on what you think will sell or not. good judgment pays off in the end. contantly check ebay (not amazon!) and see how many sold in a the past weeks and how many are currently on auction. it also helps to end your auctions in the weekends, thats when the most people are on ebay shopping for all kinds of shit.

Yeah, I know... but I listed both items wanting them gone before Ebay's new fuck over small sellers policy goes into effect so I didn't list them strategically. Plus, with Amazon and Half, you never know when your item will sell. For someone like me who's between school and home a lot, that's kinda tough as I won't have access to my items at all times nor do I have the patience to carry them with me everywhere.

Mario Party 6, sealed with big box with the microphone. It's original, if there even was a player's choice. How much could it go for? I bought it for $3 at a Sears clearance. :D

[quote name='phear3d']contantly check ebay (not amazon!) [/quote]

I would say check both. The one advantage to Ebay over Amazon is you can see how much things have sold for. It is a lot harder to determine the current going rate for something on Amazon . But Amazon prices tend to get a premium over Ebay.

[quote name='kell']I would say check both. The one advantage to Ebay over Amazon is you can see how much things have sold for. It is a lot harder to determine the current going rate for something on Amazon . But Amazon prices tend to get a premium over Ebay.[/quote]

I agree. You have to check both. Some times the prices are quite a bit different between the two sites.

They both have their pros/cons. Amazon will generally get you a higher price but will take longer to sell. But you pay a bigger fee. Ebay auctions will sell quickly but might not get you the price you want.

Looks like Panzer Dragoon Saga is back to breaking the $200 barrier. Ebay completed auctions has a number in the high $190s-low $200s w/ one at $160 with pleanty of time left. I bought mine almost 2 years ago and still haven't played it, it must be an outstanding game to go for that much.

[quote name='Otherguy676']Looks like Panzer Dragoon Saga is back to breaking the $200 barrier. Ebay completed auctions has a number in the high $190s-low $200s w/ one at $160 with pleanty of time left. I bought mine almost 2 years ago and still haven't played it, it must be an outstanding game to go for that much.[/QUOTE]

Or, just incredibly rare, just saying...

[quote name='Bravelionheart']Do you guys think a sealed copy of Okami for the PS2 will eventually be worth anything?[/quote]

It is hard to say for sure. Okami PS2 has got a bit of bump from the Wii version. But that is probably just temporary. If the Wii version becomes really popular there is a chance that the PS2 version will become more expensive because it didn't sell that many copies and it might become collectible. My guess is it won't really be worth too much. I would sell it now while the prices are pretty high.

[quote name='Otherguy676']Looks like Panzer Dragoon Saga is back to breaking the $200 barrier. Ebay completed auctions has a number in the high $190s-low $200s w/ one at $160 with pleanty of time left. I bought mine almost 2 years ago and still haven't played it, it must be an outstanding game to go for that much.[/quote]

Wow. The game has increased quite a bit. The average price yesterday was $244 and for the month it is averaging $204. Why do you think it has increased so much lately?

[quote name='kell']I would say check both. The one advantage to Ebay over Amazon is you can see how much things have sold for. It is a lot harder to determine the current going rate for something on Amazon . But Amazon prices tend to get a premium over Ebay.[/quote]
i dont normally prefer to check amazon because the prices are based mostly on their fee, which is 15%. it takes awhile to sell though amazon and when they do, you dont really get to see when that last transaction took place not to mention the price they sold for. on ebay, you get a price on what people are normally would pay for them. though you only have 30 days to check the previous prices they went for, its still better than amazon.

[quote name='Rathiain']Twilight Princess for the gamecube, eventually?[/quote] No, the only zelda games that will ever be worth money will be the GC bonus ones.

What about a complete Dual Hearts PS2?

[quote name='Otherguy676']Looks like Panzer Dragoon Saga is back to breaking the $200 barrier. Ebay completed auctions has a number in the high $190s-low $200s w/ one at $160 with pleanty of time left. I bought mine almost 2 years ago and still haven't played it, it must be an outstanding game to go for that much.[/QUOTE]

Its a good game but extremely rare. Only 30,000 copies were ever made.

[quote name='dan13l858']Its a good game but extremely rare. Only 30,000 copies were ever made.[/quote]

more like 5,000-8,000.

[quote name='dan13l858']Its a good game but extremely rare. Only 30,000 copies were ever made.[/quote]

Damn, I really wish I would've kept my copy. I had brand new copies of all the "last wave" Saturn titles. I picked them up during a TRU clearance at the end of the Saturn's life cycle. I remember getting Panzer Dragoon Saga, Magic Knight Rayearth, Burning Rangers, and House of the Dead. Sold them several years back when I thought I was getting out of gaming.

i sold my sealed Panzer Dragoon Saga for around 265 after fees to a CAG a couple of years back. I couldve gotten more if i sell it on ebay.

Curious where you guys get your quantity sold numbers from. One said 30,000 the other 8,000. Do you guys have any sources? I ask because I have looked for a good source for this info for a long time. The data seems to be very spotty at best.

Are any of these titles rare/worth alot?

Super Robot Taisen Generation 2 for GBA

Secret of Mana for the SNES
Earthbound for the SNES
Legend of Gaia for the SNES

FF7 for the ps (original print)
FF8 for the ps (original print)
FF9 for the ps (original print)

[quote name='MrDemonicAngel']Are any of these titles rare/worth alot?

Super Robot Taisen Generation 2 for GBA

Secret of Mana for the SNES
Earthbound for the SNES
Legend of Gaia for the SNES

FF7 for the ps (original print)
FF8 for the ps (original print)
FF9 for the ps (original print)[/quote]

Super Robot Taisen Generation 2 - $18-20
Secret of Mana - $35-40
Earthbound - $90
Illusion of Gaia (assuming you had the name wrong) - $10
FF7 - $60 on average but I have personally sold them for $95 in the last month
FF8 - $11-14
FF9 - $12-15

These are all average prices. If you have the box and instructions you will get more for them.

[quote name='jjgames'] Super Robot Taisen Generation 2 - $18-20
Secret of Mana - $35-40
Earthbound - $90
Illusion of Gaia (assuming you had the name wrong) - $10
FF7 - $60 on average but I have personally sold them for $95 in the last month
FF8 - $11-14
FF9 - $12-15

These are all average prices. If you have the box and instructions you will get more for them.[/quote]

thanks for the response...i didnt know a site like this existed...and it was Illusion of Gaia...

[quote name='jjgames']Curious where you guys get your quantity sold numbers from. One said 30,000 the other 8,000. Do you guys have any sources? I ask because I have looked for a good source for this info for a long time. The data seems to be very spotty at best.[/QUOTE]

It's hard to tell I hear different numbers about this. I'm pretty sure I remember reading in a magazine that they made about 10,000 copies shortly before or right when Panzer Dragoon Saga came out. I wouldn't surprised if they printed up more shortly afterwards as I asked about getting it at EBgames years ago and missed it right when it came out but they put my name down and got a copy in for me shortly afterwards.

It's too bad they couldn't have a record of how many copies of each console game were made it would give you a better idea of what your chances are of finding any certain game would be, especially in the wild.

bread's done
Back