The "Is This Game Rare?" Thread

so pretty much all the nintendo IP came out for the Wii already, except for a few others. pikmin is going strong with its current surge.. what do you guys think will be next? maybe animal crossing?

how much does suikoden go for these days? i didnt think i would win an ebay auction but i got a mint suikoden + vandal hearts for $20 + $15 shipping (yeah, shipping was way overpriced). Was that a good deal or has it gone down in value?

[quote name='phear3d']so pretty much all the nintendo IP came out for the Wii already, except for a few others. pikmin is going strong with its current surge.. what do you guys think will be next? maybe animal crossing?[/quote]

All the major IP's have been released, but I can see Animal Crossing getting a nice bump from a new game but it sold too many copies to really jump in price. Kirby games could get a boost if a Kirby Wii game comes out. Many of them are already fairly expensive, but I am sure there would be some boost.

[quote name='DoubleStop']how much does suikoden go for these days? i didnt think i would win an ebay auction but i got a mint suikoden + vandal hearts for $20 + $15 shipping (yeah, shipping was way overpriced). Was that a good deal or has it gone down in value?[/quote]

You got a good deal. Suikoden sells for about $40 on average so a complete mint copy would be worth more than that. Vandal Hearts is around $20. So you paid $35 for games that sell for $60+ plus yours are in mint condition.

[quote name='yukafls']What about a sealed MGS Portable Ops Plus for PSP???[/quote] Probably $15-20 because you can still easily get it in the store for that much with a return policy.

How much is a complete Dual Hearts worth?

[quote name='darkslime']
How much is a complete Dual Hearts worth?[/quote]

Thanks for asking about this one. I didn't have it in my database and have added it now. A quick check looks like it goes for about $10-12 on average.

[quote name='phear3d']pikmin is going strong with its current surge.. what do you guys think will be next? maybe animal crossing?[/QUOTE]

Damn I wish a Pikmin game would hit the DS -- I would pay full price for 3 copies -- me, and my 2 kids.

I have these in mint condition, still wrapped:

Pokemon Gold
Pokemon Silver
Pokemon Green(Gameboy Color; Blue in US)

I also have these opened, but near mint:

Pokemon Trading Card Game (with Meowth holographic card)
Pokemon Yellow (Spanish Version)
Pokemon Red (German Version)

I actually bought Gold and Silver for 5 bucks at a Game Crazy during the 2 for 5 deal. Pokemon Green I got for 4 bucks, but I know a combination of these three games I'm estimating a good 80-90 dollars. Do you think I can get a higher price range?

[quote name='DarthPuma']Sealed Phantom Brave worth anything?[/quote]

The regular edition is worth about $15-$20. The special edition that includes the soundtrack is worth about $30.

[quote name='Vinny']Probably due to Obscure 2 coming out... too bad it sucks though so the price will probably die down again.[/quote]

need to put my copy on Ebay fast. I bought this game 1 year ago at GS and never play it.

[quote name='Shoagie']Ok Its staying in my collection then, thanks![/quote]

Why does the security seal decide if you are keeping it in your collection?

[quote name='DoubleStop']how much does suikoden go for these days? i didnt think i would win an ebay auction but i got a mint suikoden + vandal hearts for $20 + $15 shipping (yeah, shipping was way overpriced). Was that a good deal or has it gone down in value?[/quote]

I got 44 (after shipping/fees) for mine on Half.com

I can't seem to find a price or rarity amount for a box set I found. It's Call of Duty 1 the limited edition box set (long enough name) It has all the fixings in it, it's never been used and the box is slightly scuffed up but everything inside is in perfect condition.

Also post #500

[quote name='yukafls']Whats in it??[/QUOTE]

It comes with the game, manual, strategy guide, and soundtrack. All packed into a COD box.

I have metal gear for the nes without its case and metal gear snakes revenge complete in box. Are either of these rare? I see metal gear on ebay complete going for 30. What should I start the auction at for both?

Pikmin 1-complete
Odama, completion questionable, box beat up
Mario Games on GC
Guilty Gear X
King of Fighter XI
Nocturne
Disgaea 1 & 2
Capcom VS SNK 2

[quote name='Fatso2027']Pikmin 1-complete
Odama, completion questionable, box beat up
Mario Games on GC
Guilty Gear X
King of Fighter XI
Nocturne
Disgaea 1 & 2
Capcom VS SNK 2[/QUOTE]
I sold Pikmin 1 & 2 together for $80 shipped a week ago. Take that for what it's worth.

Mario games on the 'Cube tend to hold pretty good value (espescially Mario Party) simply because they're playable on the Wii.

Pikmin 1-complete- Worth $20-30. Was in high demand a couple weeks ago.
Odama, completion questionable, box beat up ---Worth $20 or so. Not really rare.
Mario Games on GC--- All can get you at least $20
Guilty Gear X --- ?
King of Fighter XI ---?
Nocturne --- Not rare because there's a reprint, but if you still have the art book and whatever else comes with it, it could fetch some good money.
Disgaea 1 & 2 --- Disgaea 1 was reprinted massively, so its pretty common. I still see new copies of 2 everywhere.
Capcom VS SNK 2 --- Pretty hard to find. Worth about 40 bucks if its complete

^^ Thanks, I saw CvsSNK 2 at GS for 10 on the xbox, I almost bought it, then saw it wasn't BC, I may pick it back up, but for only 30, it's not worth it.

[quote name='Persona7']Does anyone know why the resident evil pure evil and 10th anniversary packs are going for so much on ebay/amazon?[/QUOTE]

They were very limited releases and Gamestop exclusives so most people didn't know about them. But they're not going for that much more than retail... the Pure Evil pack was like $30 and the 10th Anniversary Pack was $50 when they were released. And now, they're not going for that much more now.

[quote name='Vinny']They were very limited releases and Gamestop exclusives so most people didn't know about them. But they're not going for that much more than retail... the Pure Evil pack was like $30 and the 10th Anniversary Pack was $50 when they were released. And now, they're not going for that much more now.[/quote]On amazon they are listed at 80$+ for sealed copies.

[quote name='Persona7']On amazon they are listed at 80$+ for sealed copies.[/QUOTE]

So? I can list "Game X" for $Y on Amazon... doesn't mean anything. An item's value is only what someone is willing to pay for it... not what the seller wants to charge for it.

We can talk rarity, but putting a price on something is very hard. Ebay is the best way to check prices but since they only give you 20 days or whatever now (unless you pay, which is BS), even that's not a very good scope as prices seem to fluctuate so much.

[quote name='genfuyung']I have metal gear for the nes without its case and metal gear snakes revenge complete in box. Are either of these rare? I see metal gear on ebay complete going for 30. What should I start the auction at for both?[/quote]unless these games were sealed, they are not rare at all.

[quote name='Persona7']Does anyone know why the resident evil pure evil and 10th anniversary packs are going for so much on ebay/amazon?[/quote]i wanted one of those pure evil packs.. i dont think anyone really had any interest on them for the moment. which is a good thing for those who wants them cause itll bring down its value. wait til resident evil 5 gets a release date that might change.

[quote name='aznguyen316']when was the disgaea reprint? around same time as DDS and Nocturne?[/quote]it came before. NIS america was the one who probably pushed the reprint since they were about to release disgaea 2. it was also around the tme when disgaea 1 had a price tag of $90+ for a used copy.

[quote name='Switchblade232']ok so I have a chance to buy Final Fantasy 7 from someone off of craigslist. What is the value of the greatest hits? Black Label?[/quote]FF7 for the ps1 had jumped up in value ever since the release of crisis core. it is slowly going back down though.
v
[quote name='Nathan_Sama']are wavebirds rare?
i saw some people on here treat them as a huge deal.....[/quote]they're not really rare but more sought after at the moment. since nintendo didn't want to produce them anymore in the u.s., the value went way up since the release of smash brothers brawl. it will keep going up in value once theres more games for the wii that supports it. most recent one is mario kart for the wii.

Ok, I now these 2 are rare, but what are the prices?
Earthbound cart only with guide
and Pikmin 1 & 2

Also, my cousin has this weird thing called a Gameboy Printer. I guess it prints what is on your GB screen. Is it rare?

[quote name='Fatso2027']Ok, I now these 2 are rare, but what are the prices?
and Pikmin 1 & 2

Also, my cousin has this weird thing called a Gameboy Printer. I guess it prints what is on your GB screen. Is it rare?[/quote]

Look a few posts up for Pikmin...

The GB printer isn't a terribly common item, but it doesn't go for much.

[quote name='Fatso2027']

Also, my cousin has this weird thing called a Gameboy Printer. I guess it prints what is on your GB screen. Is it rare?[/quote]
earthbound is between $60 to $80 cart only. the guide itself should be between $30-$50. i would never sell them together though, but thats just me. but if you are planning on selling them together, it should be worth around $90-$130.

the GB printer sucks.. its worth between .50 cents to $1. even a dollar is probably too much

[quote name='Fatso2027']Ok, I now these 2 are rare, but what are the prices?
and Pikmin 1 & 2

Yeah, I have the printer. It is pretty fun to play around with. I have some spare printing rolls somewhere. You used it to print images from the Gameboy camera, have one of those too.

maaaaaaaaaan, my

Final Fantasy 7 sealed
Nocturne w/ CD sealed
Castlevania Aria of Sorrow sealed
Disgaea 1 and 2 sealed

they dont worth as much as before now.

i have a copy of mario kart: double dash with the bonus disc (for gamecube) that i was going to trade in to gamestop because i didn't like double dash and want to use the trade in credit to get mario kart for wii. well, i was searching the internet to see how much i'd get for a trade vs. selling it and some places were calling the bonus disc rare. i didn't think it was, but just thought i'd check. any recommendations for getting rid of it?

[quote name='crazylikeafox11']i have a copy of mario kart: double dash with the bonus disc (for gamecube) that i was going to trade in to gamestop because i didn't like double dash and want to use the trade in credit to get mario kart for wii. well, i was searching the internet to see how much i'd get for a trade vs. selling it and some places were calling the bonus disc rare. i didn't think it was, but just thought i'd check. any recommendations for getting rid of it?[/quote]

I recommend never, ever even considering trading into GameStop on anything other than new games with trade-in deals. You get hosed on anything last gen.

I say put it up on eBay.

[quote name='crazylikeafox11']i have a copy of mario kart: double dash with the bonus disc (for gamecube) that i was going to trade in to gamestop because i didn't like double dash and want to use the trade in credit to get mario kart for wii. well, i was searching the internet to see how much i'd get for a trade vs. selling it and some places were calling the bonus disc rare. i didn't think it was, but just thought i'd check. any recommendations for getting rid of it?[/quote]
i think it may be too late to sell it now for a good price now that mario kart for the wii came out.

[quote name='Fatso2027']Ikaruga for GC?[/quote]
i think it lost a bit of value since the rerelease on xbox live. i remember it being sold at around $60. id save that copy of yours if i were you since its very rare to see that in the wild. the last time i saw that was at gamestop for $40 with a beatup box and no manual.

[quote name='punkmaggit']Eternal Darkness sealed?[/quote]
select retailers still have them. i know the walmart i go to still sells them for $49.99 and they have about 15 copies along with Wave Race for the same price. but it does sell for over $30 on ebay sealed.

bread's done
Back