The "Is This Game Rare?" Thread

[quote name='TheOtherBarber']I found this a few days ago:

P6200101.jpg

I think it's essentially a Guide on how to use the Super Game Boy and it highlights some of the mini-games that can be played on it with certain games.[/QUOTE]

I'll see your super game boy guide and raise you a sealed game boy guide just as the delivery man mailed it.
GB1.jpg

[quote name='schuerm26']I would be wary of the Walmart stock locator. It says 5 walmarts right around me have Sith Ultimate PS3 in stock. None of them do.[/QUOTE]

Worked for me...showed 4 in stock...went to store and found 4 in stock, albeit behind other games. If you call a store, I'm betting the clerk has better things to do than run an errand for you.

IMG_9243-1.jpg

[quote name='Muthafodder']Worked for me...showed 4 in stock...went to store and found 4 in stock, albeit behind other games. If you call a store, I'm betting the clerk has better things to do than run an errand for you.

IMG_9243-1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

eBay? ;)

Probably just sit on them for awhile.
I looked forever for a copy to play online and stumbled upon Walmart's inventory after searching for the game within online websites.
I bought all four, they would have wound up lost in oblivion anyways.

I really want to know the run on the PS3 Sith edition, the 360 version is readily available.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Probably just sit on them for awhile.
I looked forever for a copy to play online and stumbled upon Walmart's inventory after searching for the game within online websites.
I bought all four, they would have wound up lost in oblivion anyways.

I really want to know the run on the PS3 Sith edition, the 360 version is readily available.[/QUOTE]how much were they at walmart?

[quote name='ninja dog']I don't know of any Aksys games that are rare offhand, but I have a feeling it'll be in demand.[/QUOTE]
the blazblue limited edition for ps3 is. they were very smart in releasing a limited edition first. since they sold out of the LE's, they re-released the game but sadly though, the price drop really hurt the value of the LE. it also doesn't help the fact that the exclusive artbooks from gamestop was not so exclusive at all and they decided to sell them online. if they release a new blazblue it might help bring the value back up. the psp version didnt do anything at all since nobody cared really.

im not so sure what happened there but i think gamestop might have pulled the artbooks at the last minute and maybe aksys were stuck with a few thousand of them and sold them online which also killed the value of the artbook on ebay. there were runours that gamestop didnt want to display the artbooks cause of its nature.

[quote name='phear3d']how much were they at walmart?[/QUOTE]

Retail - $39.99
That's why I don't feel bad for buying all four of them. :)

[quote name='Muthafodder']Retail - $39.99
That's why I don't feel bad for buying all four of them. :)[/QUOTE]excellent deal and congrats on the find. :applause:

[quote name='Muthafodder']
IMG_9243-1.jpg
[/QUOTE]
And I thought I was lucky to have found two, lol. Well done! :) By the way, which character card did you get in the one you opened?

[quote name='tiggerkiddo']Ebay doesn't have much in the way of listings...soooo...Kirby's Dreamland 2?[/QUOTE]

cart only no. Worth a bit more if complete with case and manual

[quote name='burningGundam85']Resident evil 2(ps1) is it rare?[/QUOTE]

No unless it is sealed

[quote name='ducksoda7']And I thought I was lucky to have found two, lol. Well done! :) By the way, which character card did you get in the one you opened?[/QUOTE]
For me, I have Darth Maul and The Apprentice but the 1 are still in factory sealed.

Anyone know if the Mega Man X controller for GC is rare at all? I picked it up randomly for sale at gamestop and forgot I even had it till someone just shot me a message saying they saw it in my collection and wanted to buy it. I have no clue what the damn thing is worth, but the guy made it sound rare.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Anyone know if the Mega Man X controller for GC is rare at all? I picked it up randomly for sale at gamestop and forgot I even had it till someone just shot me a message saying they saw it in my collection and wanted to buy it. I have no clue what the damn thing is worth, but the guy made it sound rare.[/QUOTE]

I see it a lot more frequently than Ikaruga or Cubivore, so I doubt it.

Edit: Hmm, maybe it's getting rarer. I only see one near me, and the 3 that sold recently on ebay were $30 each.

[quote name='elessar123']I see it a lot more frequently than Ikaruga or Cubivore, so I doubt it.

Edit: Hmm, maybe it's getting rarer. I only see one near me, and the 3 that sold recently on ebay were $30 each.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm so $50+ Shipping is a pretty damn good offer then.....

[quote name='MSI Magus']Anyone know if the Mega Man X controller for GC is rare at all? I picked it up randomly for sale at gamestop and forgot I even had it till someone just shot me a message saying they saw it in my collection and wanted to buy it. I have no clue what the damn thing is worth, but the guy made it sound rare.[/QUOTE]

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/i.ht...ontroller&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m283&_rdc=1

Only one sold on eBay and it went for $20. No current listings on Amazon, though, so it could be worth more than that... especially if it is new.

I'm not asking if at this point the game is rare (because it's really not) but I was wondering if anybody has any idea if the Metal Gear Solid Essentials Collection would go up in price closer to the release of Rising? I guess the best price would have been around the time of Peace Walker, but I ordered a free copy from a website two days ago, then picked up a copy from Wal-Mart for $20 yesterday as well. I was going to probably just keep the one from Amazon sealed and keep it for now, but if anybody has any idea on what they think, it'd be great.

Is the "King of Fighters Maximum Impact" PS2 double pack rare? It has the game, and a bonus DVD. Is that the standard edition?

I'm not asking if at this point the game is rare (because it's really not) but I was wondering if anybody has any idea if the Metal Gear Solid Essentials Collection would go up in price closer to the release of Rising? I guess the best price would have been around the time of Peace Walker, but I ordered a free copy from a website two days ago, then picked up a copy from Wal-Mart for $20 yesterday as well. I was going to probably just keep the one from Amazon sealed and keep it for now, but if anybody has any idea on what they think, it'd be great.
I had a bunch of MGS stuff that I thought would spike in price when Peace Walker came out so I waited until then to list it but it really didn't seem to do anything special. The only thing that seemed to carry any sway was the Peace Walker CE (not even the big boss pack seemed to fetch much, even the CE has rather quickly fallen in value since launch) Maybe that was because it was a PSP game though... it could be possible that MGS Rising might cause the prices to rise a bit, although perhaps not by much since Rising is pretty far removed from the other MGS games. Anyways, a new copy of Essentials still sells for about $40, so I'd suggest keeping one around since it could very well go up a bit in price, worst case scenario you can make $8 or so from it.

[quote name='eastshore4']I had a bunch of MGS stuff that I thought would spike in price when Peace Walker came out so I waited until then to list it but it really didn't seem to do anything special. The only thing that seemed to carry any sway was the Peace Walker CE (not even the big boss pack seemed to fetch much, even the CE has rather quickly fallen in value since launch) Maybe that was because it was a PSP game though... it could be possible that MGS Rising might cause the prices to rise a bit, although perhaps not by much since Rising is pretty far removed from the other MGS games. Anyways, a new copy of Essentials still sells for about $40, so I'd suggest keeping one around since it could very well go up a bit in price, worst case scenario you can make $8 or so from it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply! The way I look at it, I paid $20 for two copies of it, and I can keep one sealed for the hell of it anyways, and enjoy the other copy. I haven't played any of the Metal Gear Solid games to completion yet, so now I can finally do it and join in the crowd of Kojima lovers. Plus, like you said, Rising really is Metal Gear only in name and a little more, but still... It looks like mindless awesomeness :D

Man, they had piles and piles of all 10 of those cards at the LucasArts booth at GDC. I wish I had grabbed as many as I could fit in my backpack.

[quote name='Doomstink']Man, they had piles and piles of all 10 of those cards at the LucasArts booth at GDC. I wish I had grabbed as many as I could fit in my backpack.[/QUOTE]
Which cards do you have right now?

[quote name='Shazyzang']Is the "King of Fighters Maximum Impact" PS2 double pack rare? It has the game, and a bonus DVD. Is that the standard edition?[/QUOTE]

Don't know how rare it is, but it's not worth much. I picked it up complete at Gamestop, and it's actually one I'm debating on getting rid of.

[quote name='elessar123']Don't know how rare it is, but it's not worth much. I picked it up complete at Gamestop, and it's actually one I'm debating on getting rid of.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Picked up a complete copy of the game at gamestop for like $8-$10.

[quote name='elessar123']Don't know how rare it is, but it's not worth much. I picked it up complete at Gamestop, and it's actually one I'm debating on getting rid of.[/QUOTE]
The voice acting in that game is HORRIBLE. I'm ashamed to admit I paid full price for it when it came out.

[quote name='Halo05']Ah well, SNK needed the money to butcher more JP PS2 ----> US PS2 ports.[/QUOTE]

too late SNK isnt bring any more games to the US

[quote name='TooMuchCoolness']Anyone know how rare Victorious Boxers is for the PS2?[/QUOTE]

You could consider it somewhat rare but it isn't worth anything.

I got ICO and Odin Sphere yesterday from a GameStop I've never been to before (ICO is like new with a small tear in the cover of the booklet, Odin Sphere is very good besides scratches on the disc), are they still worth much? I don't really want them but I know people on CAG seem to like them

Ico might be rereleased along with Shadow of the Colossus(whatever) in blueray format. So don't hold on to it for too long.

[quote name='Estebon']Ico might be rereleased along with Shadow of the Colossus(whatever) in blueray format. So don't hold on to it for too long.[/QUOTE]

I returned them already :) ha I looked on eBay and saw the going rate is only 30-40 right now

[quote name='Estebon']I actually found a sealed copy of Ico recently. Paid $15 bucks.[/QUOTE]

What is a sealed copy going for? I have one that I bought from Sears a couple of years ago for $4 during a clearance sale.

Also, how do you know how many copies are in stock when you check Walmart's in store search?

[quote name='thebob101']What is a sealed copy going for? I have one that I bought from Sears a couple of years ago for $4 during a clearance sale.

Also, how do you know how many copies are in stock when you check Walmart's in store search?[/QUOTE]

On Ebay, the three successful completed listings are at: $86, $71, $67. It looks like the value is dropping because of the PS3 collection. Has it been confirmed that it's actually coming out over here, anyways?

[quote name='Vulgarism']On Ebay, the three successful completed listings are at: $86, $71, $67. It looks like the value is dropping because of the PS3 collection. Has it been confirmed that it's actually coming out over here, anyways?[/QUOTE]

Ummm ... I don't think there's even been a confirmation that it exists, though it would seem likely. Fumito Ueda (creator) once said that he thought it was possible but that it would require a lot of work -- especially for SoC b/c of how each game intricately tapped into the PS2's processing power.

I'm not sure how I feel about these PS2 "enhanced" ports on PS3. I want to get a PS3 eventually and while I like seeing Sony delivering some of these classics, it bothers me when they're spending resources doing this instead of pushing forward their new games.

Also, I can't help but think this is just a ploy to sell us old games instead of giving us PS2 compatibility but hey, Nintendo does it, too. :p

As for the prices of the PS2 versions -- I would suspect a drop off would be coming but I personally like to have the older versions since they are of the original release. That, and I'm not sure exactly when I'll pick up a PS3 (if ever) and I definitely would like to play these at some point (my copies are essentially open but each was played for ~5-10 minutes tops).

Not rare at all. Also, it was made available on the Xbox -- and while still mediocre, the Xbox got the better version of the game (enhanced graphics, less load time, etc.).

I can't really think of any SNK games on the PS2 that would be "rare." Atlus titles are more likely to be "rare" but even most of its low-printed games have now been reprinted such that stores still have them available.

Re: KoF, I sure hope the next one (13) is really good. I heard 12 was a huge letdown and passed. I'd like to pick up 13 on my 360.

Resident Evil 2 Black Label - PS1. I don't see copies of it really anywhere, but prices are a bit inconsistant to tell whether or not its "rare". I heard some collectors think its on the rare end.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Ummm ... I don't think there's even been a confirmation that it exists, though it would seem likely. Fumito Ueda (creator) once said that he thought it was possible but that it would require a lot of work -- especially for SoC b/c of how each game intricately tapped into the PS2's processing power.

I'm not sure how I feel about these PS2 "enhanced" ports on PS3. I want to get a PS3 eventually and while I like seeing Sony delivering some of these classics, it bothers me when they're spending resources doing this instead of pushing forward their new games.

Also, I can't help but think this is just a ploy to sell us old games instead of giving us PS2 compatibility but hey, Nintendo does it, too. :p [/QUOTE]

If a collection does get released, just think of it as a way to get more people to experience those two games.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Ummm ... I don't think there's even been a confirmation that it exists, though it would seem likely. Fumito Ueda (creator) once said that he thought it was possible but that it would require a lot of work -- especially for SoC b/c of how each game intricately tapped into the PS2's processing power.

Also, I can't help but think this is just a ploy to sell us old games instead of giving us PS2 compatibility but hey, Nintendo does it, too. :p

As for the prices of the PS2 versions -- I would suspect a drop off would be coming but I personally like to have the older versions since they are of the original release. That, and I'm not sure exactly when I'll pick up a PS3 (if ever) and I definitely would like to play these at some point (my copies are essentially open but each was played for ~5-10 minutes tops).[/QUOTE]

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2010/06/28/team-ico-collection-listed-for-2011-by-amazon-france/

That's not concrete proof, but it's been spoken of a lot lately, and Amazon France obviously isn't the best source for confirmation (or anybody except for Sony/Ueda) but there's a good chance it IS coming out. I personally like the idea that they're releasing older PS2 games for the PS3 together with some additions. I had a copy of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, and would love to get them back again, but I got a great return on them. Getting em both together in HD for even $60 would be a bargain, as Shadow is one of the best games I've ever played.

I have a PS2 collection that I'm focusing on continuing to add to, and I'm not saying I won't buy them for PS2 again (I would DEFINITELY buy Shadow again) but I would love to see the games on PS3.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Resident Evil 2 Black Label - PS1. I don't see copies of it really anywhere, but prices are a bit inconsistant to tell whether or not its "rare". I heard some collectors think its on the rare end.[/QUOTE]

I have 2 copies. One of the Dual Shock Version & one non-dual shock. It isn't rare by any means. The price does fluctuate a bit but not too much. The biggest spike was when RE5 came out last year. It is what is called "uncommon" but then again you can probably say that for most PS1 games now since there are a lot of them you don't see everywhere.

What would you guys say the rarest non-CE/LE/SE Resident Evil is(US Release)? I would think RE2 on Dreamcast maybe?

bread's done
Back