The 'Jimmy King' Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Mr. Beef']I'm almost done with Chris Jericho's autobiography, and it's one of the best books I've ever read. I just got to the chapter where he meets with Bischoff for the first time, and I really don't want this book to end.[/QUOTE]
That was the first book I used to get myself back to reading books. What I liked the most about the book was how it seemed almost everyone except for Vince was the type of person who would just tell him whatever he wanted to hear for whatever reason.

Like yea you wanna train like a Hart dungeon member? Give me your money....

Or when Flair met him and he would call Flair countless amounts of time to no answer. I can't imagine how that would feel....I guess you'd have to just shake it off...

On a completely different thought though...is it me, or does it seem like every wrestler who willingly came over to WWF/E was treated like a normal person....while everyone who was brought over was treated like crap??? I think Mystero might be the only exception to my thoughts....

Sometimes I wish TNA would just completely get rid of their heavyweight division and everyone in it... just pretend like it never existed and move on. Start showcasing tag team and X-division and that's all...

Angle has been trying for months to get Haas and Benjamin in the company - they have no interest. They'll find a spot for EY AND OJ, but not the fucking World's Greatest Tag Team. Guess they don't have enough fake, real, or kayfabed belts to impress the Hulkster. Sure, they had one of the best tag matches of the year, would mesh perfectly with TNA's tag division, give the company its most wanted assets - MORE EX-WWE GUYS, but they probably couldn't put enough asses in seats that can't draw money anyway because TNA usually runs shows in a place they can't charge admission to.

[quote name='Sporadic']His next book is coming out in February.[/QUOTE]:hot:

[quote name='strongpimphand']On a completely different thought though...is it me, or does it seem like every wrestler who willingly came over to WWF/E was treated like a normal person....while everyone who was brought over was treated like crap??? I think Mystero might be the only exception to my thoughts....[/QUOTE]You have to define "treated like crap," since one could argue that everyone on the roster is being treated like crap.

If you're saying what I think you're saying though, then you're already forgetting Jericho, Big Show, Booker T, He Who Must Not Be Named, Eddy Guerrero, Rob Van Dam, etc.

Lower-back tattoo aside, Lance Hoyt's current look is so ridiculously better than it was a couple of years ago. He looks like a different person.

He looks like Chris Sabin's big brother, there.

His tattoos, though...

Barbed wire band? Check.

Sunburst-thing? Check.

Tramp stamp / Asshat? Check.

Well, to be fair, a couple years ago he went to the ring with a top hat, unlit cigarette, and guitar hero controller. So if that's the bar that you're comparing against, well, I can't think of too many ways you could look *worse* - even in pro wrestling.

Dude should just move to PVC pants and a singlet top, Kevin Nash style. Then he'll have his whole career in front of him without being reminded of his asshat.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Jericho[/quote]

Came over during the Monday Night Wars. Remember the Y2J countdown?

Also came over during the Monday Night Wars. It was a big deal when he debuted at St. Valentine's Day Massacre.

He may have had the whole "last WCW champion" thing going for him.

He Who Must Not Be Named, Eddy Guerrero

The Radicalz. The whole focal point of their arrival was that they came over during the Monday Night Wars

Rob Van Dam, etc.

Eh, he was solidly midcard but also solidly over until WWECW for a few weeks. Then, Weedgate. Then, 10 year old kids literally calling him bullshit on live TV. Then, a Royal Rumble appearance. Then, TNA.

Not interested in participating in a TNA-related argument, just wanted to say the Survivor Series set better be awesome because I find the PPV sets to be lacking this year. And I care about such trivialities.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']:hot:

You have to define "treated like crap," since one could argue that everyone on the roster is being treated like crap.

If you're saying what I think you're saying though, then you're already forgetting Jericho, Big Show, Booker T, He Who Must Not Be Named, Eddy Guerrero, Rob Van Dam, etc.[/QUOTE]
Booker was treated like a jobber to the Rock and Stone Cold (and HHH) for so damn long. It's like they would let him get a win or two...and some comedic bits in...but basically we all knew Booker wasn't going to win most matches until the King Booker era. And Van Dam....he was in mid-card hell until his championship (to be fair though, he ruined that shit himself)

The rest though....they abandoned the ship before it sunk. And all of 'em were treated much better than those who stuck around till the end. It's like Vince had a mob boss mentality...you switch sides before the war, and I'll respect you. You become an endentured servant....and you'll be humiliated and squashed like it's nobody's business.

Remember DDP and Kanyon? That hurt my feelings.....makes me wonder what would have happened if they jumped ship before the massacre...

Bill Goldberg was treated well during his WWE run after WCW folded.

DDP and Kanyon would have been treated about as well as Perry Saturn was with the Radicalz had they come in earlier. As much as we may like them, neither had the look Vince likes and weren't going to be used as well as they were in WCW. Vince should be ashamed of himself for the whole DDP run after DDP did the company thing and didn't just sit home and collect his Time Warner contract.

[quote name='niceguyshawne']Bill Goldberg was treated well during his WWE run after WCW folded.[/QUOTE]

He was too big a name to not take a chance on at the least. He was the biggest draw during the dying days of WCW, so Vince would have been an idiot to not give him a push him during his WWE run, homegrown talent or not.

So any Survivor Series predictions? Here's mine.

Bryan retains belt over Dibiase
Ziggler retains belt over Kaval
Team Mysterio beats Team Del Rio
Sheamus beats Morrison
Gabriel/Slater retain belts over Santino/Kozlov
Laycool retains belt over Natalya
Kane retains belt over Edge
Barrett beats Orton and becomes new champ, Cena turns heel during the process (PLEASE happen).

[quote name='TheRock88']Barrett beats Orton and becomes new champ, Cena turns heel during the process (PLEASE happen).[/QUOTE]

The entire thing could go over like Cena as the Nexus' Higher Power.

"IT'S ME, ORTON!!"

Cole: Aww, sunuvabitch!
King: WHAAT?!?!

"IT WAS MEEEE ALL ALONG ORTON!!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk

[quote name='TheRock88']So any Survivor Series predictions? Here's mine.

Team Mysterio beats Team Del Rio
Sheamus beats Morrison
Gabriel/Slater retain belts over Santino/Kozlov
Barrett beats Orton and becomes new champ, Cena turns heel during the process (PLEASE happen).[/QUOTE]

Just some slight changes

Team Del Rio beats Team Mysterio
Sheamus beats Morrison
Santino/Kozlov over Gabriel/Slater
Barrett beats Orton.

I caught Smackdown for a few minutes on JTV and happened to see the Kaval win over Ziggler and then challenge him for the title at Survivor Series.

I know the WWE does a terrible job at filling out cards for PPVs, but announcing a title match 2 days before a PPV with no build-up beforehand? Does the WWE not see any upside of building up this match so that their viewers will at least know it's happening? Honestly, even a 2 episode program would have required almost no effort at all.

They keep looking for excuses to explain their PPV buyrates, but they can't be bothered to throw together a complete card at least 2 weeks ahead of time.

[quote name='HydroX']The entire thing could go over like Cena as the Nexus' Higher Power.

"IT'S ME, ORTON!!"

Cole: Aww, snickerdoodles!

"IT WAS MEEEE ALL ALONG ORTON!!!"[/QUOTE]

Fixed for TV-PG.

[quote name='HydroX']The entire thing could go over like Cena as the Nexus' Higher Power.

"IT'S ME, ORTON!!"

Cole: Aww, sunuvabitch!

"IT WAS MEEEE ALL ALONG ORTON!!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk[/QUOTE]

I'm still so disappointed they didn't go with Mankind being the higher power like the original plan called for. That would have been the best angle ever.

[quote name='Sporadic']I'm still so disappointed they didn't go with Mankind being the higher power like the original plan called for. That would have been the best angle ever.[/QUOTE]

Vince as the higher power is still on my list of biggest WWE disappoointments.

[quote name='asgaga']so is the undertaker gonna make an appearance? based on the lights going out 2 times already[/QUOTE]

I'm not watching the PPV, but I'm guessing Cena will get to a 2 count and the lights will go out -- "let's keep Cena a face"/stupid match stipulation loophole!

2 good matches so far at the Survivor Series. Daniel Bryan vs. Ted DiBiase was the better of the 2, but Morrison vs. Sheamus was good. I hope that was the start of a Morrison push rather than a Sheamus de-push.

Yeah, I was surprised about that because the rumor was that the Legends/Global/Television title was kept around only to justify the expense of creating the belt.

I like how Cole said that Alberto Del Rio's team is easily the best groomed team in Survivor Series history. Keep in mind, this is the team with Tyler Reks.

[quote name='rvdrock']anyone have a working feed or is that frowned upon, mine isnt working :([/QUOTE]

i believe you meant to say that your "tv" has broken and you are looking for a working "tv"

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back