the king of fighter thread 3: dream match never ends

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='The VGM']How do you lose to me with a PS2 controller?[/QUOTE]

haha dude you are like too easy! you do the same shit all the time. take your cammy for example all you do is get close jab a few times and spiral arrow.

and second of all, dude what have you been smoking, i was beating your ass left and right! the only reason i lose to you is because i was tired fo the character i had. stick to your shotos vgm.

[quote name='gigan54']haha dude you are like too easy! you do the same shit all the time. take your cammy for example all you do is get close jab a few times and spiral arrow.

and second of all, dude what have you been smoking, i was beating your ass left and right! the only reason i lose to you is because i was tired fo the character i had. stick to your shotos vgm.[/QUOTE]

Sure buddy. Like you dont know how to reset. The only thing you beat me in was SVC and an occansional match in SSF2T. GJ

[quote name='Scorch']Then why reply?[/QUOTE]

It's a fighter thread period. gtfo.

[quote name='The VGM']Sure buddy. Like you dont know how to reset. The only thing you beat me in was SVC and an occansional match in SSF2T.[/QUOTE]

haha so i guess you think gem fighters minimix is a legit fighter? and it seems to me that you're forgetting SFA3. my charlie pwned you until i wanted to play with gief, and then after that blanka. and you pretty much just stuck with your typical akuma. after abotu 3 bouts with you i was already bored.

[quote name='gigan54']haha so i guess you think gem fighters minimix is a legit fighter? and it seems to me that you're forgetting SFA3. my charlie pwned you until i wanted to play with gief, and then after that blanka. and you pretty much just stuck with your typical akuma. after abotu 3 bouts with you i was already bored.[/QUOTE]

LOZL MY CHARLIE PWNED U. Wow. Nice job with them backflip kicks. You were all talking about how good your gief was, wasn't anything special. Seems like the people posting in these threads are turning into tools. First Rodimus, now you. Who's next?

[quote name='The VGM']LOZL MY CHARLIE PWNED U. Wow. Nice job with them backflip kicks. You were all talking about how good your gief was, wasn't anything special. Seems like the people posting in these threads are turning into tools. First Rodimus, now you. Who's next?[/QUOTE]
then stop talking shit. it's as simple as that. and i said my gief was good in MvC and MvSF. know what you're talking about before you say anything.

[quote name='Scorch']Are you on the rag or something? It's a King of Fighters thread.http://[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gigan54']to continue where the previous thread left off.[/QUOTE]

Note the 3 in the topic title.

[quote name='gigan54']then stop talking shit. it's as simple as that. and i said my gief was good in MvC and MvSF. know what you're talking about before you say anything.[/QUOTE]

It's what I do. Don't be so uptight.

[quote name='evanft']Somebody lock this.[/QUOTE]
why? the conflict has been resolved.

but to get back on topic, i've recently discovered breakers and damn is this game fun. it's an obvious super street fighter II turbo imitation but with less characters. i recommend it for those who want something different.

[quote name='The VGM']Come back with a better response? Yours was shit in the first place. Personally I think you're a douchebag who thinks he knows what he's talking about, but really has no clue.
[/QUOTE]

Now now, their's no need for name calling, we're all adults, or maybe not. I think you need to settle down so I think I'll stop pushing your buttons, and I suggest everyone else does the same before he pops a blood vessel. Plus these little rants get us off topic and it becomes more like gamefaqs. But in my defense I don't think I did anything too horribly wrong for you to resort to just being plan nasty.

And on a more positive note, nice topic name, KOF RULES!!!

[quote name='gigan54']why? the conflict has been resolved.

but to get back on topic, i've recently discovered breakers and damn is this game fun. it's an obvious super street fighter II turbo imitation but with less characters. i recommend it for those who want something different.[/QUOTE]

I have the rom for Breakers and it's sequel Breaker's Revenge. It's another solid, yet unknown SNK fighter.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Now now, their's no need for name calling, we're all adults, or maybe not. I think you need to settle down so I think I'll stop pushing your buttons, and I suggest everyone else does the same before he pops a blood vessel. Plus these little rants get us off topic and it becomes more like gamefaqs. But in my defense I don't think I did anything too horribly wrong for you to resort to just being plan nasty.

And on a more positive note, nice topic name, KOF RULES!!![/QUOTE]

rofl the day I pop a blood vessel over a message board is the day I admit SNK make good fighters.

*rimshot*

Somebody get the word out: VGM is the new DDF when it comes to fighting games.
:lol:

and now that everyone is playing each other, it just wouldn't be right if there wasn't a little trash talk.

I'll be on mame trying to get used to the lag, name: Apossum

edit: good thread title...is that really a subtitle to a KOF game?

edit 2: Athena pisses me off in C vs. Snk 2!!! At least the people I played just abused her specials the whole time. my fault for getting caught by them, of course

[quote name='Apossum']Somebody get the word out: VGM is the new DDF when it comes to fighting games.
:lol:

and now that everyone is playing each other, it just wouldn't be right if there wasn't a little trash talk.

I'll be on mame trying to get used to the lag, name: Apossum[/QUOTE]

I don't see you in GodWeapon ;)

[quote name='Apossum']edit: good thread title...is that really a subtitle to a KOF game? [/QUOTE]

Yep. It's the subtitle for KOF '98 for the Dreamcast,

okay, i'm on Kaillera...and this lag is kicking my ass...

edit: nvm..all done. it's like playing 2-d tekken, I have to buffer everything :lol:

[quote name='The VGM']rofl the day I pop a blood vessel over a message board is the day I admit SNK make good fighters.

*rimshot*[/QUOTE]

Capcom's doing nothing for thier 2D fighting fans, and done nothing for awhile, (I don't count Capcom Fighting Evo, that was rehashed crap.) they're focusing all their attention on platformers, while SNK is really only working on 2D fighters. I do wish SNK would go to hi-res and sometime soon. Honestly the low-res really doesn't bother me to much but it bothers everyone else. I don't know how many times I have to hear "This looks like Super Nintendo." Anyways two game I can honestly say are good that we can see shortly are Neo Geo BC and Samurai Showdown Special, and they both played great. We can't keep playing the same old fighters forever, so never say never.

Does anyone know FOR A FACT why Capcom pulled away from the fighting game market? I assumed it's because they don't sell as well as their other big titles like Resident Evil and Devil May Cry.

I heard the main Street Fighter guy left or proclaimed he would never make another fighter after 3rd strike. i have no proof though.

and I just owned VGM with Sakura and Guy. GGs VGM ;-)

[quote name='Apossum']I heard the main Street Fighter guy left or proclaimed he would never make another fighter after 3rd strike. [/QUOTE]

He left, and Capcom of Japan sold the rights to Street Fighter to Capcom USA.

It's probably more profitable for Capcom to keep releasing "collections" of it's past games than it is to make a brand new one.

[quote name='Roufuss']He left, and Capcom of Japan sold the rights to Street Fighter to Capcom USA.

It's probably more profitable for Capcom to keep releasing "collections" of it's past games than it is to make a brand new one.[/QUOTE]

Sucks I know, but at the same time I'm glad the Street Fighter series went out with a bang with Third Strike, which I feel is the pinnacale fo 2D fighters.

[quote name='Roufuss']He left, and Capcom of Japan sold the rights to Street Fighter to Capcom USA.

It's probably more profitable for Capcom to keep releasing "collections" of it's past games than it is to make a brand new one.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that info. I'm not sure how long collections can keep being released. They've made several SFII collections already and with this recent collection that would seem like the end for me, besides a Street Fighter Alpha collection that is.

why would they sell it to capcom USA? fucking americans can't make a decent balanced fighting game.

[quote name='Apossum']I heard the main Street Fighter guy left or proclaimed he would never make another fighter after 3rd strike. i have no proof though.

and I just owned VGM with Sakura and Guy. GGs VGM ;-)[/QUOTE]

That's the wink of VGM actually beat me with Akuma and Dan.

:cool:

[quote name='Apossum']why would they sell it to capcom USA? fucking americans can't make a decent balanced fighting game.[/QUOTE]

Like he said, for the collections, but I do agree. The only fighters we make are Mortal Kombat and Def Jam (which is kinda boarderline.) Now I was thinking, was Capcom Fighting Evolution made by USA or Japan? Also, Capcom USA owns the rights to Street Fighter, so do they own the rights to anything else like Darkstalkers or Final Fight? And one more question, when did they buy the rights? Maybe I should do my own research for a change.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Like he said, for the collections, but I do agree. The only fighters we make are Mortal Kombat and Def Jam (which is kinda boarderline.) Now I was thinking, was Capcom Fighting Evolution made by USA or Japan? Also, Capcom USA owns the rights to Street Fighter, so do they own the rights to anything else like Darkstalkers or Final Fight? And one more question, when did they buy the rights? Maybe I should do my own research for a change.[/QUOTE]

CFJ was made by Japan, was supposed to be their last big 2D fighter to leave the market with. That's why a number of fans were so pissed off - Capcom hardly put any effort into their "last great 2d fighter for the fans", with a lackluster, small roster.

All I know is that Capcom USA owns the rights to Street Fighter, but not anything else. Japan still owns the rights to Final Fight I believe, since that new game Final Fight: Streetwise is being developed by CoJ (I think).

Thanks for the enlightenment Roufuss. Anyways I love the quote "The last great 2d fighter for the fans." Because it was far from that, atleast for me it was. I was thinking for a bit that Fighting Evolution was made by Capcom USA cause it sucked so much. Capcom rarely releases crap fighters.

I wonder what will become of Street Fighter? Perhaps another Street Fighter the Movie game? I guess they could bundle that in a package along with Street Fighters other odd balls like Pocket Fighter and call it, "We need more money so buy all this bundled old stuff for $30 Turbo Collection II plus Alpha."

[quote name='evilmax17']I'm on, anybody wanna play anything?[/QUOTE]

ggs :)

Rodimus when am I going to get to kill you in something Capcom? ;)

[quote name='The VGM']ggs :)

Rodimus when am I going to get to kill you in something Capcom? ;)[/QUOTE]

You guys are using Kalleria or something like that? It's a program where you can play you're emulators online right? As of now I have a very slow 5 year old iBook, but possibly in a week me and my wife will be purchaseing another, more faster, Mac. Theirs no way to play that using a Mac right? I got roms and stuff on a hard drive ready and waiting. Plus I'll be getting an X-Box in a couple months along with a ton of 2D fighters. So maybe very soon your shoto's could face off against my grapplers. But I gotta warn you, my Zangeif and Adon wreck the uppercut bros.

I asume you're playing alot of Alpha 3 right?

rodimus-- I'd assume the plug in works for macmame too...unfortunately, it doesn't work with Mame-Xbox or Kawa-xbox. But if you have live, I'd love to spar with ya in SF3 or Doa! I like playing against grapplers, I actually have to think instead of just reacting the whole time.

[quote name='Apossum']rodimus-- I'd assume the plug in works for macmame too...unfortunately, it doesn't work with Mame-Xbox or Kawa-xbox. But if you have live, I'd love to spar with ya in SF3 or Doa! I like playing against grapplers, I actually have to think instead of just reacting the whole time.[/QUOTE]

Well I think this Thursday I might get the computer. I'll look into then. I won't be getting X-Box until my brother gets an X-Box 360. He was gonna give me his old system, but I think I can push him to give it to me sooner.

As with grapplers I don't mind taking a punch or two if I can get off a throw. Infact this brings up a good discussion, what "kind" of fighters do you like to use? Speed, Grapplers, Basic (shoto's I guess), Poke, Reach..... I'm sure there's more. Plus name a couple of your favorites that you excel with.

I usually gravitate torwards grapplers or powerhouses like Zangeif, Hugo, Clark, and Wolf. But of course that's not all I use. But mainly I love picking characters that most people don't use. In fact these are my top 5 favorite characters:

Billy Kane - (KOF + Fatal Fury series) He pokes, but over the years I've learned to use him so well I become very annoying with him. Probably my most well know character to use among my circuit of friends. And I ain't letting out any hints on my technique with him, just in case I have to fight any of you one day.

Geese Howard - (KOF + Fatal Fury series) He's a very unique character that is hard to use. The motion and button combinations for his DMs are very unusual and hard to pull off in the heat of the battle. He's got a nasty projectile that snuffs out all others, plus he's the king of counters. He's to be used mainly as a defensive character obviously.

Zangeif - (Street Fighter) My bread and butter of Capcom. Thank God they put him or a character that play exactlly like him in every game they make. FINAL ATOMIC BUSTER!!!

Paul - (Tekken) I know, he's a very commanly used character in the Tekken series, but He's been my favorite since Tekken 1, and I know his moves inside and out. Too bad everyone knows how he plays. I get low parrys all the time, plus I can never pull off his 10-hitter without it being counterd.

Axl Low - (Guilty Gear) The main reason I like him is becasue he's an almost exact Billy Kane clone. Both of their supers are done the same way qcf, hcb + P. Not only that it's the same move, a big ring of fire then he shoots something out at you. They're both British rock punks. The both have charging move were the throw their wepons out, which can be followed up with an additional attack. Both have a counter, Axl's is better though. They both have a move where they jump really high in the air and come down hard on the enemy. The both wear bandanas with denim. If you have a game with both of them, I suggest you compare to see how much alike they are.

I'm done ranting (I'm alittle drunk)

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I asume you're playing alot of Alpha 3 right?[/QUOTE]

Lately. I need a fucking controller, keys blow.

Who do I use hmmm

MSHvsSF, XMvsSF: Akuma and Ken (sometimes Ken and Ryu)

SFA3: Dan, Akuma, Ken, Ryu in that order. I only use Ryu if I get pissed off.

SFZ2A: Dan or Evil Ryu

KOF: 3 of the following: Joe, Kyo, Benimaru, Iori.

Last Blade 2: Kaede

SVC Chaos: Violent Ken or Shin Akuma

Darkstalkers: Demetri, Jedah or BB Hood

GG: Sol or Faust

Last 3 games I played and who I use:

DOA:U - Ayane, Hitomi

SC2 - Tailm, Cassandra

VF4:Evo - Jacky, Brad

I haven't played a 2D game in months. :oops: :lol:

[quote name='The VGM']Sorry, who are you?[/QUOTE]

I've been reading both the fighter threads the past few months and you're nothing but an obnoxious 16-year-old who generally makes annoying comments to everyone. Is that a false statement? Do you contriobute anything productive? Unless it's some inside joke that I'm not in on, and everyone here knows you and puts up with it, you're a piece of sh!t. All you do is crap on everyone elses' opinions. I can understand making sarcastic jokes once in a while, but that's ALL you do.

[quote name='The VGM']ggs :)

Rodimus when am I going to get to kill you in something Capcom? ;)[/QUOTE]
ggs!

We played MvC 98% lag free, and then MSHvSF which was about 90% lag free (on my end anyway).

I'll probably be on later today, username: evilmax17. I'd like to see us all playing against eachother regularly by Fighter Thread 4 (no reason why not right?)

Good times.

Cool a Fighter thread. I just recently discovered Street Fighter III: Third Strike. Wow, what a great game. I can't believe I've waited so long to finally play this game. Until now I've been solely playing Guilty Gear XX and Marvel vs. Capcom 2. Now I'm complete addicted to SF III, there's so much to learn and the gameplay is very technical. I mainly got SF:AC for the comple SF II collection. I've barely touched SF II and mainly play SF III, what a great surprise for me.

MSH vs SF was okay but it had one annoy feature that I'm sure VGM loves, too many Ryu clones. Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Dan and Sakura, wow what a variaty characters. Seems like a waste to me. But Capcom made up for it in MvC when Ryu used a super to change between Ken and Akuma's style. What a great idea, they finally made Ryu fun to use. Although I would've liked to see Sagat in one of the MvC games.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']MSH vs SF was okay but it had one annoy feature that I'm sure VGM loves, too many Ryu clones. Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Dan and Sakura, wow what a variaty characters. Seems like a waste to me. But Capcom made up for it in MvC when Ryu used a super to change between Ken and Akuma's style. What a great idea, they finally made Ryu fun to use. Although I would've liked to see Sagat in one of the MvC games.[/QUOTE]
dude blanka would've owned in the vs. universe. i believe someone made a vs. styled blanka on MUGEN, and it was one of hte few characters i actually enjoyed playing

I mostly use fast characters since they tend to have cool evasion skills, parries and other perks to make up for their lack of strength, but there's a few exceptions:

GGX2#-- Jam Kuradoberi
DoA-- Hitomi, Kasumi, learning Lei Fang
SF3-- Ibuki, shotos
Tekken-- Xiaoyu, Asuka
VF4-- Aoi, occasionally Cage
Last Blade -- Hibiki
Capcom vs. Snk 2-- Hibiki, Sakura, and a random shoto (I lose alot with this team, heh)
Darkstalkers 3 -- BB Hood, Demitri

[quote name='weaponx666']I've been reading both the fighter threads the past few months and you're nothing but an obnoxious 16-year-old who generally makes annoying comments to everyone. Is that a false statement? Do you contriobute anything productive? Unless it's some inside joke that I'm not in on, and everyone here knows you and puts up with it, you're a piece of sh!t. All you do is crap on everyone elses' opinions. I can understand making sarcastic jokes once in a while, but that's ALL you do.[/QUOTE]

Nope, I don't "contriobute" to anything productive. Do us a favo and go back to lurking.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']MSH vs SF was okay but it had one annoy feature that I'm sure VGM loves, too many Ryu clones. Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Dan and Sakura, wow what a variaty characters. Seems like a waste to me. But Capcom made up for it in MvC when Ryu used a super to change between Ken and Akuma's style. What a great idea, they finally made Ryu fun to use. Although I would've liked to see Sagat in one of the MvC games.[/QUOTE]

I only use Ken and Akuma out of those, but alright.

There's no specific character type that I use in fighters. I just use whoever feels right.

Street Fighter III: Third Strike: Dudley
Guilty Gear XX#Reload: Venom
Tekken 5: King, Steve Fox
Soul Calibur II: Maxi, Talim
Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution: Lion, Brad
King of Fighters: Iori, King, Kim, Yamazaki, Bill Kane
Last Blade: Setsuna
Samurai Showdown: Kazuki, Genjuro
Capcom vs. SNK 2: Iori, King, Kim
Super Smash Bros. Melee: Falco, Zelda/Shiek

Status
Not open for further replies.