The King of Fighters XII - Gen. Discussion & Info - Sign Up For The CAG KoFXII List!

GodlyOne

CAGiversary!
kof_12_logo.jpg

Get your console SNK fighting on with high definition re-drawn sprites in The King of Fighters XII this summer.

Throwing a Burn Knuckle or Power Wave on the PS3/360 not enough incentive for you? Well, the console port features new characters and smoother graphics for your cheap ass!

Release Date:
July 28, 2009

kofroster.jpg

Roster:

• Terry Bogard
  • Andy Bogard
  • Iori Yagami
  • Kyo Kusanagi
  • Joe Higashi
  • Kim Kaphwan
  • Ryo Sakazaki
  • Athena Asamiya
  • Leona Heidern
  • Clark Still
  • Shen Lon
  • Benimaru Nikaido
  • Sie Kensou
  • Chin Gentsai
  • Raiden
  • Robert Garcia
  • Ralf Jones
  • Goro Daimon
  • Duo Lon
  • Ash Crimson
  • Elizabeth Blanctorche (Console Exclusive Character)
  • Mature (Console Exclusive Character)

Screenshots:

the-king-of-fighters-xii-20090313040727510_640w.jpg

the-king-of-fighters-xii-20090313040731479_640w.jpg

the-king-of-fighters-xii-20090313040735010_640w.jpg

the-king-of-fighters-xii-20090313040738479_640w.jpg

CAG Online ID's:
California

• GodlyOne
  • wotcher
  • Senior_LULZ
  • Esper15
  • option-iv
North Carolina

• jman4482

Last edited by a moderator:
You can vote for which cover makes the American print:

Choice 1: Choice 2:
KOF12_COVER%20A_PS3.jpg
KOF12_COVER%20B_PS3.jpg

I prefer the Kyo cover since Iori is hogging the other cover with his ass but the Iori cover looks better on the 360 version.

KOF12_COVER%20A_XBOX360.jpg
KOF12_COVER%20B_XBOX360.jpg

The Kyo cover looks way better far as the ps3 version goes. Those screens look nice. I like the style of the game it seems to be going back to its roots.

New trailer is out and from the looks of it, there's going to be DLC and the ability to make online clans.

[media]http://www.gametrailers.com/player/49035.html[/media]

[quote name='PhrostByte']My one fighter buddy and I actually had some fun with Maximum Impact...[/quote]

I never played it much. The thing that kind of sucks for me is every friend I have hates fighting games. They want to play sports games or rock band or guitar hero or something like that. It wasn't a bad game I just prefer 2d when it comes to some fighters.

Looks like my characters are there.

Clark
Terry
Daimon/Kyo

Kinda wish Shingo was still in there. And it's some sort of requirement for every Hispanic person to know how to use Clark and Daimon.

[quote name='Thomas96']there's a character called Mr. Butts... man I wish he could be in the game.[/quote]
You mean the shoto from Garou? I still have no idea why the US version changed his name to Butt. He's a definitely a solid char too. But two chars already take up the shoto spot in the roster.

Giant Bomb Quick Look if anyone's interested in staring at more King of Fighters XII action.

I don't know how Clans work or if anyone's even interested in it but we should probably get a CAG KoFXII Clan going once the game releases.

iori is the shit i used to punsih the hell out of people with him. its going to have online play too right? wish they would just make one massive snk fighter collection with online play and rankings.

I'm like probably the last to find out but life seemed so magical before I found out that Ash was actually a French dude that loves Bumpits. :whistle2:| :lol:

[quote name='lokizz']iori is the shit i used to punsih the hell out of people with him. its going to have online play too right? wish they would just make one massive snk fighter collection with online play and rankings.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it has online play, pitch forks and torches would be held up if a fighting game was released this day and age without online play.

It's been awhile since I played some King of Fighters, but I'm upset that Yamazaki isn't in this game. He was one of my favorites

[quote name='lolwut?']It's been awhile since I played some King of Fighters, but I'm upset that Yamazaki isn't in this game. He was one of my favorites[/QUOTE]

I'm not positive, but considering the trend of games nowadays, maybe they'll let you buy dl characters.

I never used her, but I'm kind of disappointed that Mai isnt in the game.

Is KOF99 any decent? I was thinking about grabbing it for the PSP (PSone download on PSN) to brush up on my skills...plus its only $5.99.

[quote name='blackjaw']I never used her, but I'm kind of disappointed that Mai isnt in the game.

Is KOF99 any decent? I was thinking about grabbing it for the PSP (PSone download on PSN) to brush up on my skills...plus its only $5.99.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. I never used Mai. She was always in it, and still should be.

I didn't like '99 as much as '98 or 2000, plus the PS1 port has load screens between rounds which got annoying. Maybe the loads are shorter in the digital version, though. Also it's hard to say $6 is a bad deal.

[quote name='blackjaw']I never used her, but I'm kind of disappointed that Mai isnt in the game.

Is KOF99 any decent? I was thinking about grabbing it for the PSP (PSone download on PSN) to brush up on my skills...plus its only $5.99.[/QUOTE]

99 was one of the only KOF games I could actually get into it.. although it seems everyone else prefers everything but 99. Obviously the fan favorite is 98, but other popular ones are 97, 2000, and 2002.

'94 was actually my personal favorite. When I lived overseas for a bit in the early-90's the arcade I went to had a cabinet and I wasted many quarters playing with my brother. It might be inferior to the other's, but it was still my favorite.

I have some $$$ left on my PSN account that I was going to blow on another PSone or PSP game and I'm in between Guilty Gear Judgement or KOF'99. Decisions decisions.

Game's out on the 28th, looks like I'll be getting my hands on a copy of KoFXII before actually finding myself a copy of BlazBlue in stock at stores. :lol:

[quote name='GodlyOne']Game's out on the 28th, looks like I'll be getting my hands on a copy of KoFXII before actually finding myself a copy of BlazBlue in stock at stores. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Crap the 28th for sure now? I was hoping it was the 20th like I saw before.

[quote name='jman619']Crap the 28th for sure now? I was hoping it was the 20th like I saw before.[/QUOTE]

Yup, pho shos, yo. It was delayed a little bit in Japan and the final release date announcement was made on, of all places, the KoFXII twitter account. No press release or anything but a bunch of sites still list it as shipping a week earlier.

I need to download Garou:MotW to brush up on my KoF.

anyone read reviews of the netcode yet? blazblue's net code is so good that im considering putting off kof.

any launch parties for kof?

[quote name='GodlyOne']Yup, pho shos, yo. It was delayed a little bit in Japan and the final release date announcement was made on, of all places, the KoFXII twitter account. No press release or anything but a bunch of sites still list it as shipping a week earlier.

I need to download Garou:MotW to brush up on my KoF.[/QUOTE]

Hate that it comes out 1 day before MVC2. I would get Garou,but I haven't played it in forever. I don't know If I would play it much or not. I do want KOFXII the day it is out for sure. I guess I'll go with the ps3 version.

Damn, having an MvC2 and KoF XII "kick the shit outta each other" CAG launch party sounds good but sadly for me, I'll still be away from my consoles that week. :-({|=
If someone decides to make a CAG clan in XII and start up some matches for the day of release, that'd be rad. :D

[quote name='GodlyOne']Damn, having an MvC2 and KoF XII "kick the shit outta each other" CAG launch party sounds good but sadly for me, I'll still be away from my consoles that week. :-({|=
If someone decides to make a CAG clan in XII and start up some matches for the day of release, that'd be rad. :D[/QUOTE]

MVC2 and KOFXII around the same time is a bad thing in a way. If KOFXII came out the 20th instead I could have played it some before MVC2 was around. I'll still play KOFXII, and get it when its released. I bet I end up playing MVC2 more though.

[quote name='jman619']MVC2 and KOFXII around the same time is a bad thing in a way. If KOFXII came out the 20th instead I could have played it some before MVC2 was around. I'll still play KOFXII, and get it when its released. I bet I end up playing MVC2 more though.[/QUOTE]

True. MvC2 is probably a game I'd prefer to play non-serious matches with CAGs since there's no doubt I'd get my ass handed to me online and block pushing/infinite combos are too intense for me. :cry:
But I'd put the effort into at least trying to be decent online at KoFXII.

Well, gamestops seem to be getting this game as listed. I just picked up my copy today. Unfortunately I haven't found out how to accept friend invites or how to actually give one. Boourns SNK, boourns. I am liking it though.

I'm still waiting on some more reviews before picking up my preorder. Kinda disappointed so far in what everyones saying that its barebones and a lot of the move lists are shallow. How is the online play?

[quote name='enufs8d']option iv - hows the netcode?

on a nonrelated noted, did you ever solve the g25 problem?[/QUOTE]
So far the netcode is pretty bad. I played with paco yesterday and he had 3/4 bars on my screen, and there was noticeable lag.

There is supposed to be a patch that hopefully will address this issue on the 28th. Not sure if this is rumor or fact.

Overall the fighting mechanics are solid, however, "barebones" is the word that comes up most of the time with this game. Only 5 stages, but beautiful stages.

I personally like the character set, pretty diverse, although a couple have very similar, if not identical moves (i.e. Ralf and Clark mashing punch). Some of the movesets have been changed to reflect the story or just for the better. For example, Iori doesn't have anymore powers, so essentially he just has claw based attacks (NO FIYA). Elizabeth got rid of her Sakura dp in exchange for a command throw and teleport counter type move. There are however a large amount of trophies, much of them have the "???" label, so I have no idea what those are for.

This game is just really for KoF fans, otherwise, you'll most likely be disappointed (you'll most likely end up comparing this to BB and SFIV). If you're looking for a solid fighting mechanics based on the KoF system, this is for you. However, that's really the only appealing thing about this game so far, besides being a breathe of fresh air from SFIV.

And regarding the G25, still waiting on Amazon to rectify my situation...

Just quoting someone who quoted Ignition's statement. Taken from the SRK KOF thread.

Official statement from Ignition-

'We understand that there have been some concerns raised about performance during online play. A patch for the both platforms is being worked on which should help with those gamers experiencing issues. While I don't have an exact date for the Xbox 360 version, the PS3 patch should be available by the street date July 28, 2009.'

So, I guess it's true. Might as well go through practice mode and learn the roster for now. It's a good thing we got early copies of the game before the street date. We all feel like beta testers right now and Ignition is listening to us.

Sounds good. Has anyone found a good resource on strategies, combos, character data, etc.? I know it's kinda early, but would be nice to get more info about this game's mechanics.

[quote name='option.iv']Sounds good. Has anyone found a good resource on strategies, combos, character data, etc.? I know it's kinda early, but would be nice to get more info about this game's mechanics.[/QUOTE]

SRK's KOF forum already has players posting all that good stuff. Lots of talk about CC's.

bread's done
Back