The King of Queens Complete Series (9 Seasons) - $35.99

Looks like it's one of the cheapo packages where the discs are piled onto a spindle (Married with Children was the same way). Good price, but it's hard for me to bite on a series that's constantly aired via syndication.

Great price I bought my boxset for 100+ at Bestbuy its the trunk one

can't believe the influx of all these complete series rolling out. Taking up so much space at BB..that space will be needed later :D Some of these are nice, and even around $40 for something like this/that IS a good price, I don't see myself biting..the death of DVD has gotta be happening in 2012, I can just feel it. Then, dirt cheap prices on all this stuff!

[quote name='token2k6']can't believe the influx of all these complete series rolling out. Taking up so much space at BB..that space will be needed later :D Some of these are nice, and even around $40 for something like this/that IS a good price, I don't see myself biting..the death of DVD has gotta be happening in 2012, I can just feel it. Then, dirt cheap prices on all this stuff![/QUOTE]

Even if the format dies, I don't foresee studios going back and truly remastering most of the TV series that are cheap now (I doubt they'd garner enough sales to make it profitable). If you like the show and want to own the episodes, you might as well bite on it now.

[quote name='token2k6']can't believe the influx of all these complete series rolling out. Taking up so much space at BB..that space will be needed later :D Some of these are nice, and even around $40 for something like this/that IS a good price, I don't see myself biting..the death of DVD has gotta be happening in 2012, I can just feel it. Then, dirt cheap prices on all this stuff![/QUOTE]

I doubt that the DVD format will die anytime soon. For TV series, I continue to get them on the cheap for DVD whenever I can especially the older shows. Even being the HD zealot that I am, I have not been upgrading all my DVDs to Blu-ray, being very selective about it. TV stuff older than the 3 years I'm perfectly content to stay with DVD. Only newer series that were filmed in HD i would absolutely have to get on Blu-ray.

They will stop manufacturing DVDs in 2012 you think? Did companies stop making a profit off of DVDs?

bread's done
Back