The Kingdom Hearts II Thread! -*Possible Spoilers*

[quote name='karsh']I have to say, I love Pride Lands. Probably one of my favorite additions.[/QUOTE]

the boss fight when you revisit the pride lands is fucking awesome! anyone who has played that far knows exactly what i'm talking about

[quote name='whoknows']I just beat the Pirates of The Carribean level and I must say...Jack sucks. I lost to the boss so many times because Jack kept dying.

Now that I complained about that, I have a question:

When does the 1000 heartless battle come?
My friend told me about it and I am dying to play it.[/quote]

Video Link

Well..I guess I need to finish KH1 ASAP... looks too f'ing cool

[quote name='SpottedNigel']Video Link

Well..I guess I need to finish KH1 ASAP... looks too f'ing cool[/QUOTE]
Wow that battle looks like it'd take a long time. It took 5 minutes for him to just kill 300 or so.

Finally beat the game today, and i enjoyed every single minute of it. The story was great, and i litterally got chills a few times in the last 2 or so hours of the game.

The ending was really good, i couldn't help but smile at the outcome. I have no fucking clue what to make of the secret ending though... that was really wierd. Seeing Kairi, Sora, Riku, Donald, Mickey, and Goofy all together again was amazing though.

Ok, I got yet another question:

What determines if Mickey comes when Sora dies? Its only happened to me once, but I thought it was pretty cool...he hasnt come again yet though...

[quote name='whoknows']Ok, I got yet another question:

What determines if Mickey comes when Sora dies? Its only happened to me once, but I thought it was pretty cool...he hasnt come again yet though...
[/quote] I couldn't figure that out either. He is a badass though.

[quote name='whoknows']Ok, I got yet another question:

[/QUOTE]

He only comes during certain boss fights. As far as I know: Cerberus, Thresholder, Dark Thorn, Xaldin, and the 1st Armored Ansem fight. There are probably more though.

As for determining when he appears, it's like this:
1st death - 100% chance of Mickey to the rescue
2nd - 75%
3rd - 68%
4th and on - 50%

Right now I'm almost all the way through the Pirates of The Carribean level, and I feel that the game has really gotten better since Beast's level.

HOLY @#$^...you know those pinkish Nobodies that grab you and kick you? I get killed in frickin two catches from them!! That is soo cheap. I have tried multiple times to beat them but I keep failing. Any tips from anyone?

I just reached the half way point. It would be beaten by know but I'm also playing Suikoden V at the same time.

I just got done leveling up my Forms and Summon to level 5. Now Sora's pretty badass.

Great game, but too easy.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Wow that battle looks like it'd take a long time. It took 5 minutes for him to just kill 300 or so.[/QUOTE]

Not really. If you spam the reaction command (Triangle) button enough, the battle is over in no time.

Battle with Xaldin-
God, Xaldin really pissed me off, but it was still an awesome battle. His combos were so fricking cheap. I did 3 times; the first was because of a combo he did, the second was because of dumb antiform, the third was because of that dumb snake thing he rides. The 4th time I tried him, I didn't die once (no use of Mickey). Supposedly, that snake beam is unavoidable. I think I might be lucky, but It went right on top of me once.

Can someone give me a slightly brief, albeit detailed summary of what happened in Chain of Memories?

The FAQ I read was so convoluted that I could barely get the basic characters in order, although it seems like there were a lot of new ones introduced.

[quote name='willardhaven']Can someone give me a slightly brief, albeit detailed summary of what happened in Chain of Memories?

The FAQ I read was so convoluted that I could barely get the basic characters in order, although it seems like there were a lot of new ones introduced.[/QUOTE]

CoM story was pretty odd, but I'll try to remember what happened:

Sora Donald & Goofy walk into a tower looking for Riku and the King. While going up the tower they start losing their memories of friends, (like Alladin, Jack etc.) The further they go the more memories they lose, he eventually forgets Riku and Kairi.

A girl named Nanamie (The girl who draws) is drawing the floors of the tower from Sora's memories, from the places he's been in the past, like Agrabah, and such. So he ends up meeting with his old friends again, but they're not real, only visions from his memory.

Also along the way you meet up with members of Orginization XIII and end up defeating, I think 7 or 8 of the members. They never do find Riku or the King, but at the top he finds Nanamie. She tells him in order to regain his lost memories he has to sleep in some bubble for a while. So he sleeps, but when he wakes up he seems to have forgotten about the tower and Nanamie. Nanamie is good and is only helping the Orginization cause they're using her. They also meet Dizz, I forgot what he said, to them, but I remember him helping Sora. Don't know why yet.

Riku on the other hand fights his way up after Sora. He meets up with the King and he helps him. At the end Riku defeats an image of Ansem. After he wins he relizes he is neither totally light or dark, he's "in between. which makes him unique" Riku finds Sora sleeping in his bubble then decides to go of with the King to do stuff.

Hope that helps, it's been a while since I played, so things might be a little off, but generally that's what happened.

Don't know how to make an only highlightable font, but minor spoilers:

How do you get the Peter Pan Summon?

[quote name='Fire']Don't know how to make an only highlightable font, but minor spoilers:

How do you get the Peter Pan Summon?[/quote]
Use [ spoiler ] [ / spoiler ] to make it highlightable font. As for Peter Pan, it's in
Port Royal when you go back the second time, in the ship graveyard
At least that's where I remember getting it.

So, does anybody else have a problem with how empty the worlds seem? I was bothered by this in the first game also, is it just laziness on the developer's side?

Put some friggin' extras in the scenes... Having only the main characters on the scene all the time really takes away from the fantasy.

[quote name='willardhaven']So, does anybody else have a problem with how empty the worlds seem? I was bothered by this in the first game also, is it just laziness on the developer's side?

Put some friggin' extras in the scenes... Having only the main characters on the scene all the time really takes away from the fantasy.[/QUOTE]

The worlds did seem rather sort, and underdeveloped. Each one took about 30 min. each. They also seem like side quests that pull you away from the main story.

But what would Kingdom Hearts be without Disney chatacters.

[quote name='Fire']What if you missed peter pan when you were there?[/QUOTE]

I tought you got it automaticlly, otherwise can't you just go back search around?

[quote name='Fire']What if you missed peter pan when you were there?[/quote]

You can't go back to the Ship Graveyard in Port Royal when you finish it?

[quote name='karsh']You can't go back to the Ship Graveyard in Port Royal when you finish it?[/QUOTE]

I remeber going going back to it, maybe after I did the second part of the world.

I had to get some missed treasure, and it let me.

Sorry if I sound like a newb, but I went back there and did not find any graveyard. Are you refering to the harbor or town?

[quote name='Fire']Sorry if I sound like a newb, but I went back there and did not find any graveyard. Are you refering to the harbor or town?[/quote]

Are you there after the 1000 Heartless battle? If you are, then get on the Pearl, and when the map comes up about where you want to go, the Ship Graveyard will be a choice. If you aren't there after the 1000 Heartless battle, you can't get Peter Pan yet.

[quote name='karsh']Are you there after the 1000 Heartless battle? If you are, then get on the Pearl, and when the map comes up about where you want to go, the Ship Graveyard will be a choice. If you aren't there after the 1000 Heartless battle, you can't get Peter Pan yet.[/QUOTE]

Thanks very much to all. I was wondering about that on the map. I just did that battle. It was awesome.

[quote name='whoknows']I hate Xaldin...I got him down to two life bars and I died...and thats with Mickey coming and saving me 4 times in a row.[/quote]

Xaldin on proud mode was surprisingly easy, like a kitten with weapons. He almost had me until I found out I had a potion.

Then he died a horrible kitten death

[quote name='arcadia']Xaldin on proud mode was surprisingly easy, like a kitten with weapons. He almost had me until I found out I had a potion.

Then he died a horrible kitten death[/QUOTE]

I did eventually beat him, but I still hate him...too cheap IMO...but once I realized you could stack jumps it got a lot easier.

[quote name='Otherguy676']so does anyone know what to make of the secret ending yet?[/QUOTE]

The only major thing I noticed was that
the three people clad in armor were holding Sora's, Riku's, and Mickey's keyblades.

Man, I am so happy this game is easy, lol. Finally, something I can run though and just enjoy the story and the graphics not get frustrated. I'm on my second run through all the worlds (level 35) and so far I think its great. Any idea on what level you need to be to finish it? (not beat sephiroth or anything, just to finish the main story?)

I finally started this game. I bought this the week it came out, but didn't want to start it because I wanted to beat another game I was working on. (MGS 3)

So far about 4 hours in, the game is really enjoyable. I don't nearly have as much problems with the camera in regular battles and boss battles than I did in the first Kingdom Hearts (which I never finished). I really like that you can control the camera via the analog stick, which makes exploring a whole lot easier. I didn't find myself using it too much during combat, just to straighten the camera when I had it at a weird angle.

Hope the game continues to be enjoyable in the next handful of hours.

Jalu6 - I beat it at level 72.

It took me 45 minutes to level up from level 70 - 99, using the level up trick. If you really wanted to blaze through the game you could do this trick pretty early.

I've done all the missions except 3. The "poster job" in Twilight Town is being the biggest pain. Sephiroth was hard, and it was fun playing him and learning his patterns. Infact it felt like the only real challange in the game.

After playing the enitre game inside out I'd give it a 9/10. Great game, can't wait for KH3.

Wow does it become insanely easy to level up using the Pride Rock leveling trick. Holy shit. I've gained like 17 levels (50-67) in like 30 minutes, and it's partially taking so long cause I'm not that strong magically. Can't wait to take on Sephiroth later today with some more levels.

I was playing the game and got to Twilight Town and instead of going to Aladdin's place I went back to Little Mermaids crap (It said new episode available) and then to Hollow Basition. After I did that nothing new opened for the worlds and Aladdin's and Twilight Town was locked. I have to play the same lands over and advancing without knowing what happened in that place this sucks. I might just start over and do it the way in the walkthrough.

Just finished the main story today. It was everything I expected and more. I beat it at a little over 38 hours, I am level 64, and I have completed 94% of Jiminy's Journal. Im gonna go back later this week and try to complete the journal and beat Sephiroth. He has kicked my ass like 50 times so far. The ending is fantastic. And a question: what is the reward for completing Jiminy's Journal?

[quote name='jah2004']Just finished the main story today. It was everything I expected and more. I beat it at a little over 38 hours, I am level 64, and I have completed 94% of Jiminy's Journal. Im gonna go back later this week and try to complete the journal and beat Sephiroth. He has kicked my ass like 50 times so far. The ending is fantastic. And a question: what is the reward for completing Jiminy's Journal?[/quote] A preview of KH3.

[quote name='whoknows']Since I'm too lazy to look for myself, can someone please explain the Pride Lands level up trick?[/QUOTE]

After beating Pride Lands the second time, equip Jackpot and Gullwing and go into critical health. Head to the Pride Rock Peak and you'll see those Bee Heartless everywhere, spam Magnega and gather all the MP Balls you can see. After all are defeated, simply exit the area and re-enter, they all instantly respawn.

Ok, I'm on the second Agrabah at lvl 42. Having a great time except for the Port Royal level which i found a little frustrating (trying to get the pirates in the light so I could kill them wasn't fun at all). I haven't gotten to the point to use the leveling trick yet, but I like that if I am ever down a level or two, I can run through a world and gain in a 1/2 hour or so. I'm used to WoW, so I forgot how easy it was to gain levels in these types of games.

Just can't wait to finish these disney worlds so I can see what happens with the main story...

minus the people who used the Pride Rock leveling up method, to anyone who has beaten the game, what level did you end up at? lots of level grinding?

So...I'm missing one of the pages to 100 Acre Wood. Anyone want to be nice and tell me where to find the last page? (people who have the guide I mean or people that know).

I am missing the page that lets me access teh bottom right side of the book.

Does anyone know if there's somewhere to download the cutscenes/story elements from this game so I don't have to finish it? I really don't feel like mashing X for another ten to fifteen hours, but would love to see what happens.

[quote name='asianxcore']minus the people who used the Pride Rock leveling up method, to anyone who has beaten the game, what level did you end up at? lots of level grinding?[/QUOTE]

I beat it at 72. After I beat it I went back and did the trick.

[quote name='willardhaven']Is it really more than 50 hours? I'm at 15 hours and I just started Agrabah.[/quote]
It took me between 30 and 35 hours to beat KH2, but didn't do all of the optional boss battles or any serious leveling.

[quote name='whoknows']So...I'm missing one of the pages to 100 Acre Wood. Anyone want to be nice and tell me where to find the last page? (people who have the guide I mean or people that know).

I am missing the page that lets me access teh bottom right side of the book.[/quote]

I forgot what order they came but here they are:
1 Crystal Fissure at Hollow Bastion
2 Oasis in the Pride Lands
3 Throne Room in The Land of Dragons
4 Library at Disney Castle
5 Tower in Aggrabah

[quote name='asianxcore']minus the people who used the Pride Rock leveling up method, to anyone who has beaten the game, what level did you end up at? lots of level grinding?[/quote]

I got to The World That Never Was at like level 40. Xaldin kept kicking my ass. I went and leveled up to 64 and then beat the game. I still have to level up some more though because pretty much the only thing left for me to do is beat Sephiroth and he is no joke.

bread's done
Back