The Last Of Us & Metro:LL $49.99 Preorder via Newegg (BB Pricematch Opportunity)

I thought they didn't honor pre order matching, I was told when I had tried before to "hope it remains that price when it releases"

Odd none the less.

[quote name='Dr0p119']I thought they didn't honor pre order matching, I was told when I had tried before to "hope it remains that price when it releases"

Odd none the less.[/QUOTE]

I was able to PM Newegg's preorder price of $39.99 for Dead Island: Riptide but of course, YMMV and it depends on the CS rep you get.

[quote name='Anexanhume']I think this invalidates the GCU bonus though.[/QUOTE]

you sure? i want to do this but want the 20 preorder also

Nope. I also did the PM on Dead Island and I got the points.

[quote name='HenDoggy']you sure? i want to do this but want the 20 preorder also[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Dr0p119']This is what BB says about it.

BestBuy Pre-Order [/QUOTE]
I know their policy says you cannot, but CAGs has always been successful in their charm and persuasion skills.

[quote name='TooPoor']I know their policy says you cannot, but CAGs has always been successful in their charm and persuasion skills.[/QUOTE]

I have neither of those and I was able to do it. :lol:

I am not sure why would I waste my gas to go to a store to price match this, when their policy is clearly stating that they do not price match pre-orders.

Also, don't forget that you have to pay about $4 -5 in tax and you will spend $3 in gas to drive to Best Buy and then another $3 to pick up the game.

I pmed Dead Island before launch and got the 1000 points. I'd say you'll have no problem as long as you are ordering it over the phone.

I must have the worst luck then. Few weeks earlier, I tried to pm a game that was already released but the CS just said they aren't able to pm over the phone and told me to go do it at the store. :cry:

[quote name='mabuhay13']$10 successful retail theft. Nice one, OP.[/QUOTE]

Retail theft? I think not. This is CAG and I'm here to save money on games. Not to pay full retail price unless I decide to do so.

When you order over the phone, do they let you do store pick up? I might actually give them a call unless shipping is the only option.

[quote name='lilseung']When you order over the phone, do they let you do store pick up? I might actually give them a call unless shipping is the only option.[/QUOTE]

Yes they do

I like how everyone says, 'This is CAG.' As long as you get away with the adjustment, it isn't considered stealing to you? I joined this website looking for deals, not ways to become a sheister..

[quote name='mabuhay13']I like how everyone says, 'This is CAG.' As long as you get away with the adjustment, it isn't considered stealing to you? I joined this website looking for deals, not ways to become a sheister..[/QUOTE]

But no one is trying to "get away" with anything. You simply ask if you can get a price match. Yes? Cool. No? Oh well. So what's the problem here?

[quote name='lilseung']But no one is trying to "get away" with anything. You simply ask if you can get a price match. Yes? Cool. No? Oh well I'll just keep calling until I get someone who will. So what's the problem here?[/QUOTE]

Fixed that for you. :lol:

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Fixed that for you. :lol:[/QUOTE]

The question still stands though. No one is trying to "get away" with anything here. If you want to spend your time calling multiples reps just to get that $10 off, then I guess that guy REALLY needed that discount.

It doesn't. I've price matched Newegg's preorders for God of War and Bioshock Infinite and I've gotten my $20 certificates for each game. But like someone mentioned you have to get a "knowledgeable" rep if not tehy'll just tell you that you can't price match pre-orders.

$50 for this at launch plus the $20 certificate would be awesome considering I've been planning on getting it day one anyway

[quote name='mabuhay13']I like how everyone says, 'This is CAG.' As long as you get away with the adjustment, it isn't considered stealing to you? I joined this website looking for deals, not ways to become a sheister..[/QUOTE]

I think you were a shyster way before you joined CAG. By the way learn to spell.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']I hope Amazon will pricematch.[/QUOTE]
Why? They stopped giving the $20 preorder bonuses anyway.

[quote name='TooPoor']Why? They stopped giving the $20 preorder bonuses anyway.[/QUOTE]

I got the $20 trade in bonus, so this could work for me.

called several hours and got denied. I then tried calling the silver line but it was busy and the signal was bad for some reason.

Same thing happened when I tried to get Gears Judgment. I was able to get Riptide though. Kinda a moot point as I pmd again when BB lowered both. I doubt BB would put games on sale within 2 weeks though.

[quote name='ThusSpokeZarathustra']Because the majority of people are pricematching The Last of Us... not Metro LL.[/QUOTE]

Ah, reading comprehension fail, lol.

bread's done
Back