The Last Story - RPG from Mistwalker & Nintendo - Out in Japan, rest of world waits

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I am raging right now due to a lack of an announcement for this and Xenoblade. I am officially done with NOA.[/QUOTE]

not only that but they are bringing in the regular version of DQM Joker 2 instead of the Professional version

Mind blown. I dont thinking gaming as hobby is working for me anymore. I rarely get the games I want and then when two finally happen, even get translated into english on a system dying for epic adventures Nintendo of America passes on them? Its best I become one of those gamers that checks in every 5 years and if there is actually any compelling software gets its and hardware on the cheap.

[quote name='madara']Mind blown. I dont thinking gaming as hobby is working for me anymore. I rarely get the games I want and then when two finally happen, even get translated into english on a system dying for epic adventures Nintendo of America passes on them? Its best I become one of those gamers that checks in every 5 years and if there is actually any compelling software gets its and hardware on the cheap.[/QUOTE]

Or look at systems not made by Nintendo.

[quote name='62t']not only that but they are bringing in the regular version of DQM Joker 2 instead of the Professional version[/QUOTE]

123mtfr.gif

Well that's another no-buy.

Also I'm with Madara on this. Nothing new was announced this E3 that interests me. I think I need a new hobby. Or learn to stop worrying and love non-JRPGs.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I am raging right now due to a lack of an announcement for this and Xenoblade. I am officially done with NOA.[/QUOTE]

Imports here I come.

Reggie better pucker up :whistle2:& with this limp offering that is the Wii lineup for the next year...unless they're going to drop some bombs this week and announce some love for the Wii in the US (which seems unlikely), and unless Pandora and Earth Seeker get some sort of news for them (English localized in Europe maybe), I'll have to grab the JPN versions.

My big question is, these are some of the most impressive Wii games of all time, and yet, what does Nintendo (US) do, totally ignores them for US localization....I mean WTF??? :drool:

I remember an article on this in one of the Nintendo Powers I got.

I was interested. Then I saw the Youtube video there.

I'm jealous. :( Just translate the game (don't even worry about voiceovers) and sub it and I'll happily shell out some moolah for this.

Or give it to XSEED? I like what they've done with Ys Seven.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Why the ass would they even talk about this game in NP if they weren't planning on localizing it? >: ([/QUOTE]

Nintendo hasn't owned NP in years. NP can print anything they want.

[quote name='laaj']Nintendo hasn't owned NP in years. NP can print anything they want.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know they don't own it anymore, but it still has their name on it and I'm betting they get exclusive access to Nintendo compared to other magazines.

[quote name='sciafb']So does anyone know if the game has english subs at all? Worth importing if you are strickly english man?[/QUOTE]

Might as well just wait for the Euro versions of both it and Xenoblade at the moment. ;)

[quote name='thirdrose']The lack of some key localizations makes me sad. I hope their next system is region-free.[/QUOTE]

Considering DSi and 3DS aren't when all previous portables were, it seems extremely unlikely.

[quote name='thirdrose']The lack of some key localizations makes me sad. I hope their next system is region-free.[/QUOTE]

Not being sarcastic but serious, has ANY Nintendo console EVER been region free?

The answer to that should satisfy any lingering questions you might have about region capabilities in their new system. ;)

My copies of Captain Rainbow, Another Code R, and Disaster all play nice with my soft modded Wii (I modded it only so I could play official imports) because Nintendo is so short sighted and ignorant when it comes to people who buy imports. Guess they'll have new friends later this year when Xeno, LS, and Pandora all are released.

So...'nuff said.

At least Another Code R and Disaster had a EU release so they're in English. I don't mind importing games if I can at least understand them. It pisses me off that Xeno, LS, and Pandora will probably stay untranslated (like Captain Rainbow) unless I missed something somewhere :(

You know, these games would probably make it over here if less Americans fucking orgasmed over the fifteenth fucking Tom Clancy game just because you can shoot people with the same weapons. Our mindless retard "gamers" are what stand out in the global market.

[quote name='Zmonkay']At least Another Code R and Disaster had a EU release so they're in English. I don't mind importing games if I can at least understand them. It pisses me off that Xeno, LS, and Pandora will probably stay untranslated (like Captain Rainbow) unless I missed something somewhere :([/QUOTE]

Xenoblade is getting a Europe release.

[quote name='Blade']You know, these games would probably make it over here if less Americans fucking orgasmed over the fifteenth fucking Tom Clancy game just because you can shoot people with the same weapons. Our mindless retard "gamers" are what stand out in the global market.[/QUOTE]

I think you are angry at the wrong people. Maybe you are confusing Tom Clancy games with Call of Duty?

Your criticism of these "retard gamers" is funny though, because in JRPGs you are almost always using the "same weapon" in the sword.

[quote name='uncle5555']Not being sarcastic but serious, has ANY Nintendo console EVER been region free?

The answer to that should satisfy any lingering questions you might have about region capabilities in their new system. ;)

My copies of Captain Rainbow, Another Code R, and Disaster all play nice with my soft modded Wii (I modded it only so I could play official imports) because Nintendo is so short sighted and ignorant when it comes to people who buy imports. Guess they'll have new friends later this year when Xeno, LS, and Pandora all are released.

So...'nuff said.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I'm aware of the company's short-sightedness in this regard. (I might have to resort to a mod, so that I can play Earth Seeker.) I just like hoping is all, and seeing people learn from their mistakes.

[quote name='Blade']You know, these games would probably make it over here if less Americans fucking orgasmed over the fifteenth fucking Tom Clancy game just because you can shoot people with the same weapons. Our mindless retard "gamers" are what stand out in the global market.[/QUOTE]

What does that matter if there are enough RPG gamers in US. You are telling me publishers will ignore revenue from RPG players just because FPS are more popular? That's like saying Ice cream company will stop making chocolate flavor because vanilla is more popular.

Maybe Nintendo feels localizing this games is not worth it financially.

[quote name='Zmonkay']At least Another Code R and Disaster had a EU release so they're in English. I don't mind importing games if I can at least understand them. It pisses me off that Xeno, LS, and Pandora will probably stay untranslated (like Captain Rainbow) unless I missed something somewhere :([/QUOTE]

Cao Cao mentioned here http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8515386&postcount=48

That someone who played the Xeno localization talked to a Nintendo Europe rep and he mentioned that Last Story was in the localization process as well if I remember reading it right. So the only big names not coming out in English (as far as we know) are Earth Seeker and Pandora's Tower, at the moment.

[quote name='thirdrose']Oh, I'm aware of the company's short-sightedness in this regard. (I might have to resort to a mod, so that I can play Earth Seeker.) I just like hoping is all, and seeing people learn from their mistakes.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you a lot, but Nintendo has been this stubborn since the early 90's (off the top of my head I can think of a few) with Earthbound 1 (NES), not releasing a lot of niche (to them) SNES games, denying N64 gamers Sin and Punishment, multiple offenders not showing up on GC, (for me the biggest omission was Mr. Driller Drill Land, but I own a lot of imports on GC) and they continue on course yet again with these Wii games they deny us.

So while we've waited patiently for them to allow us to decide what we want to buy they continually reward us with lumps of coal every year instead of giving us the gifts we want, as sad as that is. :whistle2:(

Doh! Reading is fundemantal, lol. Thanks for the heads up on the Xeno and LS EU localization info uncle5555 and 62t. Will definitely be keeping an eye out for a good import deal on those.

at least with the old cart systems, you could play a jap game on a us system pretty easily by cutting off a couple pieces of the plastic shell.
shame nintendo is abandoning the wii, these are the exact types of games that don't sell systems in heavy numbers, but that do flesh out a system's library and wii u will need
Would have thought gaming was passed the point where good rpgs don't get localized for the US market. Maybe Mistwalker should put up a kickstarter page...

bread's done
Back