The last two games you beat....

I just beat God of War on Spartan difficulty in about 10 hours. It's an incredible game until the end. Nothing you do later in the game every really compares favorably to the Hydra battle that ends level 1. Too bad.

Right before I let myself get involved in God of War I beat Doom 3 : Resurrection of Evil. I can't remember how long that took but it was kind of a chore at times. The first Doom 3 on Xbox was more compelling.

Now I've started Fatal Frame 2 thanks to the TRU sale and Final Fantasy IV Advance.

What were they?

Jade Empire and Doom 3

about how long did it take?

about 13 hours each

What did you think of it?

I liked doom 3 a lot, Jade Empire was a piece of crap. Both had pretty long load times (especially jade empire which loaded each tiny little area) which seems like a trend for late-generation xbox games.

And what did you do with it afterwards?

put them on my shelf

What game/s are you playing next?

majora's mask and geist

I just finished Shadow Hearts (35 hours) and Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (25 hours). Got the bad ending in SH which was actually pretty good and touching (though it's obvious why it's the "bad" ending). I'll get the Good ending at some other time. Both were great games though I'd give the edge to PiT for its amazing battlle system.

Gun and Kameo. Both pretty short, but I enjoyed both quite a bit. Somewhere between 10-12 hours on each, maybe not that long for Gun. Both were gamefly rentals. Currently playing the POS that is THAW.

Shadow of the Colossus: Took me about 9 hours I think.

..........probably WindWaker: not sure how long that one took.

Indigo Prophecy (Xbox) - About 6 - 7 hours. I really enjoyed IP, just like all the reviews i ahted the stealth missions and the gameplay got pretty stale towards the end. Although i didin't absolutely hate the later part of the game i really wish it would have stayed as a regular be the murderer/catch the murder kind of game. But all in all it was a pretty enjoyable game. 8 out of 10

I haven't beaten too many games lately...

RE4 and X-Men Legends II were my last. I dont remember the times on each one, but I know that with X-Men I got into a huge fight with my ex that night and said I'm not putting the controller down until I beatthis game, and I did finally at like 7 in the morning.

Next up is Alien Hominid and soon I'll start Dragon Quest VIII which will take me all of an eternity to finish I'm sure

King Kong and CoD2 for 360. However, I might have beaten Irregular Hunter X in between. Hard to remember the order I beat those three.

The Warriors - took about 10 hours. Was actually a pretty good game and the gang fights were incredible, and smashing someone into a wall was also fun.

Def Jam Fight for NY - took about 5 hours. I have to say that I love fighting games and this game definitly delivered. You can pretty much take the fight anywhere, interactive environements, almost everything is a weapon, and cool looking finishers. Just throwing a person onto the windshield of a hummer never gets boring.

Condemed~ Around 8 hours. Fun game. Better that I borrowed it from a friend so it was a free play.

Voodoo Vince~ About 7 hours. Its just such a great game and this was my 3rd play through.

Next up is COD2 on the 360 & Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal.

ICO - Very short, but I really liked it. Basically an action puzzler, light on the action. Similar to Prince of Persia IMO.

Jak 3 - Good, but I think I preferred Jak 2. Some of the missions in Jak 3 were a big longish without good continue points.

Now playing We Love Katamari and Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood (incredible so far.)

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - 28 hours - Very cool stuff, very addicting. Does a great job of expanding the Star Wars mythology. Great story as well, I really enjoyed the twists and turns.

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - 34 hours - Great battles, but aside from the timed hits, a pretty easy game. The awesome writing/translation more than makes up for the very cliched plot.

prince of persia the two thrones. it took about 9 - 11 hours i believe. it doesn't keep track of it on your save. in actual time it was about one week. it was a great game. i sat for 5 hours straight and got up twice to use the bathroom at one point when i was playing. my only complaint would be the glitching that goes on from time to time.

zone of the enders. about 5 hours. honestly the first time i played this game was when it first came out. i didn't beat it (i borrowed it from a friend and gave it back the next day). i bought it back on 2003 and didn't get to finish it. then when i realized i wouldn't go back and play it, i traded it. i bought it again in like summer '05, started it, and never got back to it. i started the game over recently and decided to beat it. it was awesome. i love the gameplay no matter how repetative it is. the graphics are beatoful for it's time and the story was awesome. i just started 2nd runner.

im keeping both of these for sure.

1. Perfect Dark Zero // Dragonquest VIII

2. 2 weeks // 84:56

3. Too much hype; everything is way too shiny; single player is weak; co-op is fun & multiplayer is alright; story was weak // Great game overall; story predictable for the most part with twists here and there; great pick-up and play battle system; felt somewhat like Chrono Trigger at times; and beautiful artwork.

4. Both sitting on my dvd collection rack.

5. Parappa the Rapper 2

Astro Boy(gba): beat it a 2nd time , to get the "true" ending.

Klonoa 2 (ps2): Me and my 4yr old son beat it together(he did most of the early levels & bosses, with me doing some of the hard/timing parts on the later levels & some of the end bosses)

Astro boy took about a week for me to beat a second time(don't remember the game time)

and klonoa 2 took about 3 weeks of playing here and there to beat it.

Both games are some of my all-time favs.

Astro boy brought back the addicting old school , fun/challenge of a excellent 2d action game.

Klonoa 2 is the 1st platformer game I've beat, and really enjoyed! I was NEVER big into platformers,mario , sonic etc. But my son LOVES them!(he also likes shadow of the colossus, he calls it "the monkey game")

Anyway, They both are going back into the collection.

Next up/almost finished: Sonic Rush (yes I think , I'm starting like platformers now), Phoenix Wright, Shadow of the collossus, and many more..

Been playing Mega Man X Collection, so I've got more than two:

Mega Man X: My personal favorite, even though it's the easiest (IMO).
Mega Man X2: Not that great. I don't like the bosses.
Mega Man X3: Back on track.
Mega Man X4: Not a fan of the controls, though a lot of people seem to like this one.
Mega Man Battle & Chase: It's not Mario Kart, but it's decent if you play a little at a time.

Oh, and I always collect all the items and such too.

Next up: MMX5 and X6...gotta finish Lunar DS too!

What were they? Prince of Persia: Two Thrones and Psychonauts

about how long did it take? PoP took about 7 hours; Psychonauts took around 15.

What did you think of it? Both were great examples of why I like gaming so much.

And what did you do with it afterwards? Back on the shelf

What game/s are you playing next? Currently, I am working on Stranger's Wrath.

I was sick all weekend so i got a lot of gaming in...

Time Splitters Future Perfect (XBOX) Around 15 hours to complete. I've always liked the previous Time Splitters games and this one is no exception. Everything from the humor in the game, to the level design, down to the multiplayer are all fantastic! If you dont own this game, you are truly missing out.

The Bard's Tale (XBOX) About 10 hours to complete. The actual action is pretty bland but the hilarious script keeps you going. I actually struggled with this game, there were many times were i got extremely frustrated. All in all i did enjoy this game though despite its flaws.

The Getaway (PS2) - In game clock said 14 hours 36 minutes but i've put way more into it than that. ive been trying to beat this game since it came out. The story is one of the best ive seen in a video game and thats what truly pushed me to want to finish the game. The controls are absolutely terrible and make the later stealth missions truly a chore. I thought the driving parts were well done except for the fact of all the traffic, rails, street signs and lights totally fucking you up and causing you to have to restart the mission for the hundreth time. The fact that there are no onscreen indicators to show you anything led to the game being more frustrating than enjoyable.

War of the Monsters (PS2) About 15 hours to complete. A decent game although i wish the multiplayer allowed more players. The unlockables are pretty cool but this is a game that could have been a lot better than it is.

They were:

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance for the Gamecube
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines for the PC

How Long:

Fire Emblem: 35 Hours – Unlocking everything and anything. All Characters survived.
Vampire: 30+ Hours – Completing all quests successfully

I thought Fire Emblem was a great Strategy RPG with great story telling and ‘cute’ characters.

Vampire is a great RPG set in modern times created by a great company (Troika) that has since shut its’ doors. I can’t recommend this game enough!

I will probably put both of them away for good. They were great games, that deserve sequels. (Vampire won’t get it though)

Now I have begun working on Jade Empire for the XBOX, Doom 3 and Resurrection of Evil for PC, Kameo and Call of Duty 2 for the 360. I will finish up God of War for PS2 and RE4 for the cube soon.

Socom : Fireteam Bravo - 6 hours
Socom 3 - 20 hours - i beat the game @ Commander, Captain....

both are great games... I would have like a checkpoint feature in Fireteam bravo...

I'm almost finished with Shadow of the Colossus and Ratchet and Clank

Call of Duty 2 (360) about 13 hours...finished it on hardened, and played 1 1/2 levels on veteran

King Kong (360) about 8 hours

Call of Duty was great, great ai, graphics. Totatlly enjoyed the game. I will go back and beat it on veteran. Also keeping it for the multiplayer(hopefully it will get fixed)

King Kong was ok. Nothing great nothing horrible. It was entertaining. Kong has already been traded in.

Already started in on kameo, and I have dabbled with geometry wars.

[quote name='PsyClerk']Jade Empire: 24 hours play time, great game. I plan to give it another playthrough eventually, as a bad guy.

MechAssault 2: Maybe 4 hours. I was pissed that it was so short. Not sure if I'll try the multiplayer, but apparently if I want some value out of this game, I'll have to.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much the same but when they first came out. I traded them in a long time ago.

Currently trying to beat Shadow of Rome. I've beaten fighting game but I wouldn't count that, since they don't last long (story wise).

Pikmin 2 - 15 hours

Elemental Gimmick Gear - 13 hours (fun game, well worth picking it up if you can find one still)

What were they? Red Faction II and Stranger's Wrath

about how long did it take? Red Faction II took about 5 hours; Stranger's Wrath took around 10ish.

What did you think of it? I can now sat that I finished both Red Factions. It is a shame Stranger's Wrath sold so poorly. Although it started slowly, the story was really unique and engrossing. I would like to see the third/first person combination gameplay used in more games.

And what did you do with it afterwards? Back on the shelf with both.

What game/s are you playing next? Doom 3 and Metroid Prime.

What were they? Knights of the Old Republic (the first one) and Halo 2

about how long did it take? Knights of the Old Republic: 40 hours or so, Halo 2: 10 hours

What did you think of it? Knights: Can't say enough about how awesome this game is. I want to beat KOTOR II, but after playing it for about 5 hours, I think it's too similiar to the first game, Halo 2: I beat this game last year but have started like 10 games since, I just never finish games before I get bored with them. Halo 2 is, well, everybody's played Halo 2.

And what did you do with it afterwards? Sold KOTOR and bought Fable, which I lost interest in. Halo 2 is still a staple with my roomates and me.

Stubbs The Zombie & Pariah (XB)

6 for Pariah & 9 for Stubbs

Stubbs was a lot of fun while Pariah I coudln't put down and finished in a night.

Looking to trade them away.

TOCA Race Driver 2 & Raze's Hell.

What were they? fable and gungrave

about how long did it take? 12 hours and maybe 4?

What did you think of it? i liked fable a lot when i started but it seemed that it didnt really flesh out as i had expected. it was enjoyable but the story was far too underdeveloped. gungrave was a lot of fun, short but fun and well done.

What game/s are you playing next? doom3

Just finished God of War - 7-9 hrs great game..alittle annoying at times... Working on Shadow of the Colossus, Untold Legends - Brotherhood of the Blade.

What were they?
Resident Evil 4
Katamari Damacy

about how long did it take?
11 hours on RE4
4 hours on KD?

What did you think of it?
Both were awesome games for very different reasons

And what did you do with it afterwards?
RE4 I beat again and I'm going to go through pro mode
KD Tried to get the biggest Cow possible in one level (already had the biggest bear). Not much else

FFIV Advance

Games & Times:
Fifa 2006 RTFWC (360) - 6ish hours.
F.E.A.R. (PC) - 2nd time. Probably 7 hours. Might be less.

Impressions:
Fifa was pretty cool just because I am a complete moron when it comes to futball. It was pretty damn short though. If I bought it, I would have been pissed. F.E.A.R. like I said, this was the second time. Still pretty damn great. I love using remote mines to blow people up, especially if you do slo-mo first and turn them into a cloud of blood.

What I did with them:
Returned Fifa (rental), and F.E.A.R. gets filed away for a while

What's next:
Black, GRAW, MGS3: Subsistence, Oblivion (Probably in that order).

Red Faction (PC) About 6-7 hours
Pretty standard as far as FPS's go, destructible environments are cool but just aren't used enough.
Red Faction 2 (PC) About 4 - 4.5 hours
I liked the first RF game better, mainly because of the story. The weapons were better in the second game, bur for some reason I just couldn't get into the game, I think because I found the characters boring. The last boss extended the game another 45 minutes for me, It was a tough boss battle.

What were they? Serious Sam and Katamari Damacy

about how long did it take? Katamari Damacy took about 5 hours; Serious Sam took around 15.

What did you think of it? Katamari was a lot of fun and very unique. It is really easy to pick up and play. Serious Sam was very mindless and got boring after about 30 minutes of playing. I guess that is the reason it took me about 2 years to finish.

And what did you do with it afterwards? Back on the shelf with both.

What game/s are you playing next? Breakdown and Geist

What were they? Shadow of the colussus & State of emergency 2

How long did it take? Shadow of the colussus took about 6 hours and State of emergency took about 5 hours

What did you think of them? Shadow of the colussus was one hell of a game I should have played it when it came out. The bosses were huge and whenever you killed one it actually felt like you killed a giant. On the other hand State of emergency 2 was one of the worst games I've played this year. The first one was alright but this one is completely different and I don't mean that in a good way. You can't use your hands or fight in close combat, the enemy AI is completely idiotic, there's no riots except in the prison in the beginning of the game and even those riots were stupid. Pretty much the whole game was a waste and I'm glad I only rented this one yet I still feel cheated.

What did you do with them afterwards? Returning SOE 2 and getting a real game and Shadow of the colussus is going back on the shelf.

What games are you going to play next? Fight Night Round 3 and Marc Ecko's Getting Up

Burnout 3: I must have spent 70+ hours with this game. Still haven't gotten all the trophy's or signature takedowns, but I have all the gold medals and I think that is good enough for me. Great racing game, although the second to last grand prix with the indy cars was a nightmare. I must have played that for 5-6 hours alone to beat it. The fact that a crash or two put you out of the race could be really, really frustrating, since the opponents caught up no matter how well you raced.

Ultimate Spiderman: Probably took me 4-5 hours. Fun game, pretty much the exact same as Spider-man 2 with a new and improved story. The variety switching to Venom was good, and overall I think the game was better than Spider-man 2. But I think the city events and races were pretty boring filler. It was fun swinging around the city, but I have no desire to complete more of the races.

God of War
- About 10 Hours to Complete.
I really enjoyed this game a lot. The beginning of the game is absolutely amazing. The end is plagued with some really tedious levels and the final boss fight is really lame but other than that is was an awesome game. I hope a second god of war comes out.

Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon
- About 15 Hours to complete.
I really enjoyed this game as well, Fire Emblem is better in everyway but its still a good game.

MarioKart DS
- About 15 hours to complete.
This is the best MarioKart ever imo, i really liked the retro cups along with the new tracks. Luigi's Mansion is my personal favorite of the new tracks. The mini games are also a nice addition.

Feel The Magic
- About 4 hours to complete.
One of the weirdest games ive ever played. It was enjoyable but at the same time there is nothing about it that makes it memorable. Some of the mini games are fun while some are really lame.

Mario Superstar Baseball
- I put about 20 hours into this game.
This game has a pretty decent learning curve and it takes sometime to get used to the controls and mechanics of the game. Its well done but i do have quite a few grips. For one the AI in the game is incredibly cheap which can cause the game to be extremely frustrating especially in the later difficulty cups. All the unlockable characters are pretty lame because of their weak stats (Hammer Bros is the only exception) and the baserunning is terrible... i cant tell you how many double plays and triple plays i had done to me. Its a great game but it could have been better.

ICO
- About 5 hours
Definetly one of my all tiem favorite games. Especially after beating SOTC i decided i needed to play this. I loved all the similarities with the enviroment and stories of both games. I loved the puzzles and the story was amazing. I didnt like the combat so much though. Easily in my top 10 favorite ps2.

Kingdom Hearts
- 32 Hours
One of the best rpgs ive ever played. I'm not a big disney fan but the tie in between final fantasy and disney was a really cool element in the game. Halloween Town is without a doubt one of the coolest levels in the game. I also enjoyed the boss fights and all the different things you can collect. I was however not a fan of the camera, platforming elements (those got a lot better once you got the gliding ability), the little mermaid level was the least fun, the swiming mechanic just wasn't fun. I can't wait for KHII.

Legion: Legend of Excalibur
- About 10 hours
A mediocre game that was pretty goddamn difficult imo. I cant even count all the times i got pissed off at this game. The fact that the story is almost nonexistant made me question why i continued to play this game. All in all the bad outweighted the good but it still had some good points.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2
- I put probably around 30-40 hours into this game i dont really remember.
I finally got around to beat this game, ive had it since launch its still as fun to play as the day i got it. My favorite in the NFS series.

Working on: Red Faction, Mario & Luigi SS, GTA Vice City and Sonic Rush

Star Wars Battlefront - I would say about 5 hours to beat the single player game. I liked the game, although as a single player game it is pretty repetitive. I could see this being a lot of fun as a multiplayer game.

Star Wars Rogue Squadron III Rebel Strike. About 6-7 hours to get enough golds to unlock all the bonus missions. Highly overrated game IMO, maybe because it was early in the systems life cycle or maybe because people still go crazy about blowing up the death star in another Star Wars game. The on foot missions were awful, not just mediocre, they were terrible. The flying stuff is decent but I really felt this game lacked a lot of depth in that aspect as well.

bread's done
Back