The "LinkinPrime has a complimentary first-run theater at his workplace" OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='manthing']:nottalking:

I like buying sports games when they're old and cheap...if they just so happen to be easy to cheez...;)[/quote]

Answer the question. How easy. Not quite avatar easy, I'd wager, but how long did it take you and how much effort to get 1000/1000 on some/most of those?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']unrelated, do you have a source for the CC avatars you make? I'd love to look through the sprites and find one to a.viary out into an avatar.[/quote]

From the devblog:
http://devblog.thebehemoth.com/
(its currently down)

Also, I check screenshots at Gamespot.com, IGN.com, Gamersyde.com...etc.

[quote name='wubb']Yep. It's better to just say "Game is guaranteed to work on your console." or something along those lines or even just not mention condition rather than saying every single game you own/sell is mint if you don't really know that for a fact.[/quote]

I made up a chart for game conditions.

Mint = perfect nothing on the disc.
Excellent = minor/surface scratches
Very Good = Quite a few scartches
Good = The disc looks like crap,but it works.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Answer the question. How easy. Not quite avatar easy, I'd wager, but how long did it take you and how much effort to get 1000/1000 on some/most of those?[/quote]

Some took as long as getting the Genocider driving in the underground garage, some took only 1 game...

[quote name='jman619']I made up a chart for game conditions.

Mint = perfect nothing on the disc.
Excellent = minor/surface scratches
Very Good = Quite a few scartches
Good = The disc looks like crap,but it works.[/QUOTE]

I think the gist of the problem is everyone has their own idea of what those words mean. Now mint should pretty universally mean perfect or as close to perfect as possible but once you get beyond that it becomes fuzzy.

[quote name='wubb']I think the gist of the problem is everyone has their own idea of what those words mean. Now mint should pretty universally mean perfect or as close to perfect as possible but once you get beyond that it becomes fuzzy.[/quote]

Some people put excellent when it is mint why I'm not exactly sure. Ebay has a newer thing. One says like new, then very good, then good, and acceptable.

[quote name='jman619']Some people put excellent when it is mint why I'm not exactly sure. Ebay has a newer thing. One says like new, then very good, then good.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I hadn't seen that yet. Is it part of the pre-fill information?

Ah just checked a game auction and spotted it:

Condition for Music, Movies, Games and Audio Books

Brand New - Item has never been opened or removed from the manufacturer’s sealing. Item must be in original shrink wrap.

Like New - Item still in shrink wrap or looks as if it was just taken out of shrink wrap, no wear and tear, all facets of product flawless and intact.

Very Good - No damage at all to jewel case or item cover (no scuff marks, no scratching, no cracks or holes), cover art and liner notes included, VHS and DVD box included, video game instructions and box included, teeth of disk holder undamaged, minimal wear and tear to exterior of item, no skipping on CD/DVD, no fuzzy/snowy frames on VHS tape.

Good - Minor damage to jewel case (scuffs or cracks) or item cover (scuff marks, scratching, or cracks), cover art and liner notes included for a CD, VHS and DVD box included, video game instructions included, no skipping on CD/DVD, no fuzzy/snowy frames on VHS tape.

Acceptable - Tear or hole in VHS/DVD box, video game instructions and box not included.

[quote name='wubb']Interesting. I hadn't seen that yet. Is it part of the pre-fill information?

Ah just checked a game auction and spotted it:

Condition for Music, Movies, Games and Audio Books

Brand New - Item has never been opened or removed from the manufacturer’s sealing. Item must be in original shrink wrap.

Like New - Item still in shrink wrap or looks as if it was just taken out of shrink wrap, no wear and tear, all facets of product flawless and intact.

Very Good - No damage at all to jewel case or item cover (no scuff marks, no scratching, no cracks or holes), cover art and liner notes included, VHS and DVD box included, video game instructions and box included, teeth of disk holder undamaged, minimal wear and tear to exterior of item, no skipping on CD/DVD, no fuzzy/snowy frames on VHS tape.

Good - Minor damage to jewel case (scuffs or cracks) or item cover (scuff marks, scratching, or cracks), cover art and liner notes included for a CD, VHS and DVD box included, video game instructions included, no skipping on CD/DVD, no fuzzy/snowy frames on VHS tape.

Acceptable - Tear or hole in VHS/DVD box, video game instructions and box not included.[/quote]

On ebay a long time ago. I bought Mario Kart Double Dash, and the dude put down mint. It was no where near mint the disc looked like he rubbed it against the pavement. I hope these new methods will help people on ebay,but I really doubt it.

[quote name='lilboo']^ fair enough :nottalking:[/quote]:rofl:

[quote name='manthing']Gwen, the crappy eBay disc, or your predilection to sausage fests?[/quote]:speaktothehand: Excuse me, we were having a private conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back